SCOTT
Aug 05 2011, 06:35 PM
For those of you who were wondering... Yes Knobulus and The Hunt will be held this year.
We are seeking a tournament director for both events. I will be acting as TD until someone steps up. Being a C tier it is pretty simple for a first timer.

Below is a link to the two-sided flyer for both events. Registration will be taken via mail-in, PDGA website (coming soon), and in person (myself). If sponsors are found cash will be added. The goal this year is to have a low entry fee that will still allow for a decent payout. Also to keep it simple. Player packs will likely be a disc for K.M.III and a disc and lunch at The Hunt. The NT and the Pro World's bid is keeping many of us very busy.

http://www.pfds.org/media/kunena/attachments/496/FlyerforKMIIIHunt2011.pdf

gotcha
Sep 06 2011, 10:00 AM
Scott,

I mailed my entry fee this past weekend. I'm guessing you should receive today or tomorrow. Looking forward to playing Knob Hill again. Course looks freakin' fantastic. :)

jg

sandalbagger
Sep 06 2011, 02:52 PM
We won't be able to make it. Also will not be at the 7 springs event, and we are still not sure we can even make it to The Hunt. Busy year for us.

gotcha
Sep 07 2011, 12:36 PM
Yesterday the baskets at Knob Hill were moved into Knobulus Maximus layout with the exception of hole 5 (which will move into b-pin for the tourney). Get your practice on. :)

SCOTT
Sep 08 2011, 08:23 PM
Online Registration for The Hunt is now up on the PDGA site. Don't forget to choose your lunch option.

SCOTT
Sep 09 2011, 04:31 PM
Looking like we will get some ok weather tomorrow. Low of 62 and a high of 71. With a sli chance of rain. We should be fine though. See you all out there.

Details for Saturday, September 10
Mostly cloudy in the morning. Isolated thunderstorms may develop later in the day. High 71F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.
Evening: Scattered thunderstorms in the evening, mainly cloudy late with a few showers. Low 59F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.

gotcha
Sep 11 2011, 10:06 AM
Thanks for a great tournament, Scott! Best part was finishing awards and wrapping up before 5 pm. Nice.

gotcha
Sep 15 2011, 12:59 PM
Today I registered online for The Hunt at Deer Lakes.

Players should note that you must preregister for this event (no Saturday morning sign-ups). We'll be up against the clock in regard to the limited daylight hours on October 22, so I think it's a wise idea to eliminate morning registrations.

Additional info regarding lunch. Either bring your own or order one of the lunches from our tournament sponsor, Deer Creek Diner. Hartle informed me that we will try to get the second round going ASAP after lunch (in other words, we're not going to experience the typical 1-hour lunch break between rounds. Again, daylight is the determining factor in this decision).

I have no idea what pin placements are being considered for this year's Hunt, but I would suggest shortest/easiest for speed of play.

Can't wait for this tournament. The fall colors should be spectacular. :)

tistoude
Sep 15 2011, 02:43 PM
Can't wait for this tournament. The fall colors should be spectacular. :)

I have never played Deer Lakes when the leaves are turned. I am really looking forward to it.

SCOTT
Sep 15 2011, 08:11 PM
I still have some calculations to do but the pin placements will mostly be the short and/or best routed. It is also likely that only the White and Red tees will be utilized. Sorry, this pains me also. We are going to be chasing daylight. You run and you run to catch up with sun but its sinking.

gotcha
Sep 16 2011, 08:59 AM
....racing around to come up behind you again.

SCOTT
Oct 05 2011, 10:42 AM
Just a reminder to sign up while you can. The event is only about 2 weeks away. THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATIONS THE DAY OF THE EVENT. Sorry but we will have limited daylight to work with plus the food order needs to be placed the day before. I know its hard to commit and its easy to make excuses not to sign up early. If you don't pre reg though you won't be playing. Typically this is not how i do it and Im not a fan of it. However that is the way it is this time. Its more important to me to get 2 rounds in before dark than to accommodate people that drag their feet. So sign up slackers or you can caddy. Bring on the critics

gotcha
Oct 05 2011, 11:11 AM
This is going to be the best Hunt at Deer Lakes of all time! :)

SCOTT
Oct 05 2011, 12:12 PM
You know it!

tistoude
Oct 05 2011, 12:27 PM
Are we sure we don't want to accomodate day of or late registrations? You know since its such a big deal and all?

Just kidding, pre reg is the way to go. I played at Deer Lakes this past weekend and it is still in really nice condition and the leaves are just starting to turn. Any idea when the pins will be moved to Hunt positions?

SCOTT
Oct 05 2011, 03:28 PM
Its difficult to say. Im not even sure where they all are right now. Not to many people have the time to move them. I don't even have a key to do it myself. Im.excited to play the hunt though. Its going to be pretty laid back like knobulus was. If players don't come because of the way its being run then that's less scores to check. Haha

SCOTT
Oct 11 2011, 10:27 PM
Its getting closer. I just ordered the players pack glasses. Pretty sweet. Don't forget to sign up since there is "NO DAY OF SIGN UPS".

gotcha
Oct 19 2011, 07:14 AM
I spoke with J Gary on Monday and he was heading out to DLP to move some baskets (it sounded as if several baskets had already been moved). That being said, which pins will be used for the Hunt?

SCOTT
Oct 20 2011, 12:41 AM
it is all set in position now. in hindsight i have some regrets but.. it is where they are. Mostly shorter pins. Pros/Adv will play first round blue, then white. All others all white, all day. As long as we start on time which I am notorious for, that is what it shall be.

SCOTT
Oct 23 2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks to everyone that came out yesterday. Congratulations to Mike Gastin for holding on after the first round and getting the win. It looks like the Int. players shot some hot rounds. It won’t be long before their rating forces them to play advanced. Lol. I want to especially thank Matt Plunkett for coming out and helping with whatever I asked. It allowed me to concentrate on playing for once. Although it did not really sink in until the last few holes of which I birdied 7 out of 9. Thanks a lot Matt it takes a stand-up guy to come out and help when not playing. Proud to have you as part of the club.
On another note:
Where were you Brad??? :)

gotcha
Oct 24 2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks to Scott & Matt (and J Gary) for The Hunt this weekend. I know the players who were in attendance experienced fun and great weather! And finishing at 3:30 pm made waking up at 5:00 am all the worthwhile!

:)

Rosier
Oct 24 2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks for running this Scott. I have no idea what you mean by the Int players having some hot rounds :rolleyes:

It looks like my rating was only upped to 921, so that means I can keep on playing in Int. :D

SCOTT
Oct 24 2011, 10:05 PM
Yes Matt you have some time left in Int. The Hunt will be counted in the next update though... :)

SCOTT
Nov 21 2011, 12:07 PM
Yes Matt you have some time left in Int. The Hunt will be counted in the next update though... :)

Well the latest update has been posted. Let me be the first to welcome you to MA1. :-)

Rosier
Nov 28 2011, 11:46 AM
Well the latest update has been posted. Let me be the first to welcome you to MA1. :-)

Sonofa... I knew I should have missed that last shot in The Hunt, lol.