mitchjustice
Jul 18 2011, 11:59 AM
The first work day for San Antonio's newest Disc Golf course is this Saturday

We start at 7am here: Tejeda Middle School
2909 E Evans Rd
San Antonio, Texas 78259

We will be installing basket sleaves...please bring rock bars, shovels, gloves etc

Any questions, please call Mitch @ 830-392-6060

Yeti
Jul 19 2011, 12:25 PM
The good thing about this course is there is not a lot of clearing to do, but there are some rocks to be dug out so the more folks, the better.

This course will be twelve holes and be open to the public after school hours. There will be two tees for most of the holes providing a shorter EDGE layout for the school and some longer or strategically placed tees for some challenge to experienced players. This is a great step forward for San Antonio disc golf. You know what happens when the first school gets a course, another and another.

Mitch will be taking track of volunteer hours and there will be a righteous celebration party for those that put in some good time in helping with this project. I don't throw lame parties.

Thanks for helping out the future of the game we love!

J Reading

CGPRush
Jul 20 2011, 03:28 PM
I'll be there with a rock bar!

At least, I think it's a rock bar, we'll see.

mitchjustice
Jul 26 2011, 09:26 PM
Workday #2 will be this Friday(7-29) at 3pm....more hole digging and getting the tees ready...call 830-392-6060 if you can make it

reverend shag
Jul 27 2011, 11:02 PM
Workday #2 will be this Friday(7-29) at 3pm....more hole digging and getting the tees ready...call 830-392-6060 if you can make it

I will be in Junction. Sorry

mitchjustice
Jul 29 2011, 12:11 AM
Workday #2 has been moved to Wednesday (8-3) at 3pm...call 830-392-6060 if you can make it

mitchjustice
Aug 02 2011, 11:26 AM
back to the front page

mitchjustice
Aug 02 2011, 01:21 PM
Workday #3 will be Saturday at 8am

Yeti
Aug 02 2011, 09:35 PM
Live Oak Summer Open--Check
LoLo FUNdraiser----------Check
Fly Ink Sizzler------------Check

New 12 basket, twenty hole course in San Antonio---------HELP NEEDED!

All Hands on Deck for TWO big work days. Mitch Justice is spearheading two work days to get this course wrapped up and we need all the help we can get.

Our course deadline is August 12th as the entire Tejeda Middle School staff of 100 will be having their welcome back to school ream building exercise playing a scramble tournament on the new campus course!

This course was partially realized thanks to a Fitness grant by H.E.B. grocery stores. HEB is excited to see the end result and it may lead to even more grants!

Mitch and a dedicated crew dug over half the holes the last big work day and they would like to get the rest dug this Wednseday which would lead to cement day on Saturday.

Here is what we need:

Wednesday 3pm--Till Dark (Come as soon as you can after work)
Rock Bars, shovels, gloves, pick axes, etc.
Not much in the way of clearing, but some rocky holes to dig

Saturday 8:00 am (Come one, Come all)
Finish any digging, build baskets, put in tee boards and cement in the collars and tee sign posts.

This course will be open to the public for play after school hours:D

Let's Get 'Er Done :p

Take 1604 to Hwy 281 North
Just past Home Depot to a right on Evans
Up and over a hill to a blind left turning lane or on to another left into the front of the school. Gate should be open to the road that goes behind the school.

Tejeda Middle School
2909 E Evans Rd
San Antonio, Texas 78259

RiX Perez
Aug 03 2011, 10:03 AM
I can't do Weds but I'll be there Saturday morning!

I'll pass the word along also.

mitchjustice
Aug 05 2011, 03:03 PM
Since we do not have to rent the cement mixer we will be starting at 7 to try and beat the heat

mitchjustice
Aug 06 2011, 04:53 PM
We had a great workday this morning

Next workday will be Tuesday at 7am...We will be installing the baskets and the rest of the toe boards....if we a good crowd we can finish this bad boy and make this the last workday

mitchjustice
Aug 11 2011, 01:17 PM
Be the first to play the new course at Tejada Middle School this Saturday

7-10 am will be the final workday and we will play a round as soon as we are finished with the course...we will be finishing up the tees and installing the tee signs...bring shovels, rock bars, buckets, and gloves

Who will be the first course record holder?...I may even bring some prizes

Yeti
Sep 15 2011, 03:28 PM
We will be having the Tejeda Disc Golf Course Grand Opening and all are invited for this fun event at the areas newest fun course!

Thursday, September 22nd @ 4:00

We will only be playing twelve holes because we will be having the grand opening party just down the road at Big Z's Burger Barn from about 6:30-9:30. We have a private party barn reserved and these gourmet burger dinners can be had for $10. They will be free for those that helped install the course. (We know who you are ;))

There will be football practice and a volley ball game at the school so the lots may be crowded.

Take 1604 to Hwy 281 North
Just past Home Depot to a right on Evans
Up and over a hill to a blind left turning lane or on to another left into the front of the school. Gate should be open to the road that goes behind the school.

Tejeda Middle School
2909 E Evans Rd
San Antonio, Texas 78259