JenniferB
Jul 12 2011, 10:29 PM
So what hotel should I select close to Sleepy Hollow Park?

EDIT: I picked
Sleep Inn1101 Commerce Park Dr., DeWitt, MI, US, 48820
Phone: (517) 669-8823

I don't know if they have a wet bar, so I am bringing my own BWAAAH HAAA HAAAHH!!!!111

Quip of the day: In Soviet Russia, wild goes you!

bruce_brakel
Jul 14 2011, 11:09 AM
There is not much really close to Sleepy Hollow. Dewitt is probably about as close as you can get unless you can find a mom and pop motel or B&B in Laingsburg.

I think Sleepy Hollow is a really good course for a women's tournament. There is a good mix of holes and it is a pleasant course to play.

Like almost every course in Michigan, there is some poison ivy out there.

JenniferB
Jul 14 2011, 09:41 PM
Like almost every course in Michigan, there is some poison ivy out there.

Oh no! I hate that stuff! My discs seem to think poison ivy is awesome and seek it out. What I need to do is plant poison ivy at the base of each basket so I can park every hole.

How is sleepy hollow for mosquitos this time of year? Will I need deet during tournament hours?

bruce_brakel
Jul 15 2011, 12:56 AM
It is a mild mosquito summer in Michigan generally. The last two weeks they were non-existent at Mount Pleasant and not very active at Midland. I have not been using mosquito spray and I am currently unbitten.

And in Michigan, there is poison ivy on every course, but I don't think it is as potent as the poison ivy or poison oak you get in Texas.

It will be nice and cool here compared to Texas. Bring long pants and a sweatshirt if you might be out at night. It is in the 60s tonight and might go down to the 50s. And it is dewy in the mornings so even if there is no rain in the forecast, you need a towel for the dew.

JenniferB
Jul 15 2011, 09:03 AM
I moved from Michigan to Texas 3 years ago, and this is my first time returning to the state. It's going to be strange actually feeling a chill in the summertime in Michigan. I remember it getting two hot to play ball golf for a couple of weeks in August each year. Temperature was 105 iirc.

I can't find Sleepy Hollow in the PDGA course directory. Have there been any previous PDGA tournaments there?

bruce_brakel
Jul 15 2011, 09:09 PM
I moved from Michigan to Texas 3 years ago, and this is my first time returning to the state. It's going to be strange actually feeling a chill in the summertime in Michigan. I remember it getting two hot to play ball golf for a couple of weeks in August each year. Temperature was 105 iirc.

I can't find Sleepy Hollow in the PDGA course directory. Have there been any previous PDGA tournaments there?

Three previous sanctioned tournaments, I think. Look in my stats and you'll find one this spring and one last fall. There is only one set of tees, but they might or might not set up extra holes like the previous tournaments.

[Edit:] Here's a link: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/64856/Open

JenniferB
Jul 21 2011, 03:36 PM
It will be nice and cool here compared to Texas. Bring long pants and a sweatshirt if you might be out at night. It is in the 60s tonight and might go down to the 50s. And it is dewy in the mornings so even if there is no rain in the forecast, you need a towel for the dew.

Heat index says 109 today. Wow! :eek: