discgolfstaJR
Jul 12 2011, 02:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/0/toRf1ZgCI3U

It was filmed during the final qualifying event.

cgkdisc
Jul 24 2011, 11:31 AM
Nybo and Feldberg's 53s will likely fall in the top 10 best rounds of all time for courses in the 60-66 SSA range by the time official ratings are posted.

discgolfstaJR
Jul 25 2011, 04:03 PM
My head is spinning from all the busy stuff that i rushed to do during the European Open 2011 doing three jobs. Saturday was 19 hours long for me and continued well into Sunday. With the again short night sleep we managed to grunt through the event with flying colors i believe.

I think without reviewing the footage i shot to have shot the best that i ever have from filming point of view. Whether the camera provided the best possible image quality remains to be seen. I'm not sure if we managed to film the 53 shot round of KJ (i did not but Juha Alkkiom�ki and Matti Franssila were filming other groups so it is very possible we have this round on film shot for shot).

I'm also not sure on the first 53 round of Feldy but we had two cameras filming his 53 scoring final. Juha at the tee and me at the receiving end.

I'm exited about this video because it is bound to be great knowing what we've improved on and how i did and how many extra cameras we had there to help us. During the final we had extra cameramen to capture interesting stuff including new ways to film and bring you the goodies :-)

Yours truly,

Janne R�s�nen

JoakimBL
Jul 29 2011, 10:14 AM
I cannot wait for the videoes to be ready. As much as I enjoyed the live coverage from planetdiscgolf.tv when it was working, your videos are the best tournament footage I have seen. I know you have a monster task of editing all the footage, but do you have any idea when we can expect to see the videos?

Joakim

discgolfstaJR
Jul 30 2011, 07:06 AM
Dear Joakim,

The editor of the upcoming videos Juha Alkkiom�ki did the yesterdays recaps for DGP at the EO. He filmed the clips and edited them in the evening and got them to John Duesler for his input to be broadcast on the next day. The footage is way better in the camera because the web stuff DGP uses has way lower resolution. The original material is Full HD progressive scan at 25 pictures per second. That means it is a lot of data to process and it is hard on the computers. Plus it is hot right now.

We are releasing vids chronologically once we get each part finished. I think. I don't know what Juha wants the distribution to be like. Euro Tour event Tali Open will be first and the weeklies prior to the dubs will be first. The dubs had some of the Americans present training for the event. Dubs with Feldy, Leiviska and both Pauls plus whomever Juha filmed. Then the event. Then to Nokia Presidents Cup and finally The European Open. We will make each multi round event in chronological order to show how the positions changed in each round.

As to when we will get the videos ready to release is another matter. The editing computer is too hot and so is the studio for the monitor. I have no idea how fast Juha can edit and it will take a while to make the commentary as well. Because nobody does this for a living we have other constraints. There are so many moving parts that i don't dare to say anything about the timetables. We are in a bit of a hurry because of upcoming changes in Juha's life. We want to get as much as possible done now when he can concentrate on editing. Nobody knows about the future.

We were asked to not release the EO soon and i don't see how it could even be done considering the tremendous amount of time it takes to complete even Tali Open 2011.

No promises. If completion draws out to winter time at least there will be a cure for cabin fever :-)

Yours,

Janne R�s�nen