gotcha
Jul 04 2011, 12:29 PM
If you have an odd number of players for a random doubles league, will your club pay out the ace fund if the odd man scores a hole-in-one on his second tee shot? Should only the first attempt count toward the cash?
I'm curious if other clubs have a policy in place regarding this frequent scenario.

johnrock
Jul 04 2011, 12:34 PM
Only if the odd man pays for the ACE POT twice. It's not fair that every other player only gets 1 chance at the ACE on each tee.

bravo
Jul 04 2011, 01:09 PM
odd man pays twice and if he cashes at all he cashes as a team of two.

pterodactyl
Jul 04 2011, 03:24 PM
Our club does not allow the odd player to pay twice for the ace. One shot only, baby. I've tried to convince the club to pay 10 percent of the ace money for the 2nd throw ace with no luck.

bruce_brakel
Jul 04 2011, 10:52 PM
nvm

Patrick P
Jul 05 2011, 12:52 AM
Pay the man, it's an ace, regardless if he's his own team. Odd man in dbls always seems to have an advantage, but that's just the way it is. And no he shouldn't have to pay the Ace pool twice.

davidsauls
Jul 05 2011, 09:13 AM
Yes here....it's so rare as to not be worth making an issue of it.

Though the odd man has the advantage of "tuning" his second shot after throwing his 1st, I'd think the percentages are imperpeptively better than your average second player, familiar with the course, making an ace run because his partner is parked.

Sharky
Jul 05 2011, 01:57 PM
At Calvert doubles I pay if the odd man gets an ace on either shot provided he is in the ace pool.

TexBook
Jul 06 2011, 12:10 AM
Odd Man pays the same. Our pots get big and we pay only on first shot. Second shot ace never happened.

gotcha
Jul 15 2011, 03:05 PM
Odd Man pays the same. Our pots get big and we pay only on first shot. Second shot ace never happened.

Except for scoring purposes I would presume. :confused:

jamidanger
Jul 17 2011, 02:22 AM
here in kc we keep things fair by allowing only the first crack to be allowed for the pot, you can pay for the ace fund and double entry to take 2 shots per, but they will not collect 2 ace pot payments nor pay out for the second shot. one shot at the ace per person per hole.

tazmanian
Jul 18 2011, 02:20 PM
Funkytown flyers paid aces regardless of 1st or 2nd throws by same person. The best shot takes precedence in best shot format, when available, that mean if odd man paid once he can choose to use his only extra shot per hole whenever, and if he want extra shots each shots then he will have to pay double entry and double the ace fee.