BlackSanta
May 27 2011, 11:05 AM
I've tried to find what is the throwing order for a provisional.

1# Do you play them right after the first shot was taken or do you wait 'til last when all other players have played their shots?

cgkdisc
May 27 2011, 11:18 AM
Wait until the others have thrown if the provisional is being taken from the tee. If it's from the fairway, you would play it right away since you presumably are still out compared to the others in your group.

BlackSanta
May 27 2011, 11:48 AM
Yes playing from the fairway is very logical but from tee I just cant find it in the rules and how long can somebody demand to play a provisional or a rethrow?

May 27 2011, 12:02 PM
wish i could read the original post but theres a nice banner ad covering most of it gotta love these improvements..i think it gets played both ways either right after there throw or after everyone has thrown dont think theres a rule stating how it "must" be done

PLEASE FIX THE ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!

cgkdisc
May 27 2011, 12:05 PM
The player choosing a provisional is electing to make another throw which would count as their next throw depending on where their first throw lands. So, the players in the group who still have to tee off still have honors before that player can throw the provisional. But if the player insists on throwing right away, the group can agree that's okay just like any other throw where the group agrees a player can throw next for speed of play. But the provisional thrower does not have the "right" to throw right away if the group disagees.

cgkdisc
May 27 2011, 12:07 PM
Apparently the PDGA doesn't have access to fix the ad wrapper which is managed by the ad service.

BlackSanta
May 27 2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks! It makes a lot of sence, and there is no real time limit either to make a call for a provisional.
You could wait for the last person to throw and then say you would lika to take a provisional.

No problem with the ads here.
Maybe your browser?

bruce_brakel
May 27 2011, 02:11 PM
No problem with the ads here.
Maybe your browser?Different ads here do funky things for me too. There is the one that makes a lot of noise, the one that expands really big every time you roll over it AND it occupies the length of the right hand side, and the one that extends downward like a drop down box that you cannot get rid of.

Fortunately, this website is becoming more and more irrelevant as more and more TDs use discgolfscene for it's lower pre-reg up-charges and cooler tournament related functions.

rutgersgolfer
May 27 2011, 03:18 PM
I have a minor rules question not covered in the book(s): You take a provisional because your group can't agree on how to play it, you record two different scores on the hole (and leave it up to the TD after the round), BUT how does this affect honors on the following hole?

cgkdisc
May 27 2011, 03:24 PM
Using the rulebook concept which consistently gives the benefit of the doubt to the player, you use the better of the player's two scores as the reference for honors.

rutgersgolfer
May 27 2011, 06:28 PM
Thank you Chuck. I figured "benefit of the doubt" applied here.