Lala
May 23 2011, 11:16 AM
The Women Throwing Frisbees are starting their FUNdraising early for USWDGC. Our goal is to raise enough money to pay for all our entry fees to USWDGC a PDGA major September 16-18 2011 in Round Rock, TX. The 1st leg of FUNdraising starts this weekend at Deaf Nationals May 27-29 - right here in Austin, TX. We'll be selling limited edition (only 25 printed) WTF signing shirts - John Gold logo - and having a raffle.

That's where I need your help. Remember that box of discs you've got in the closet that you thought were so cool, but you'll never throw? The players pack items you've never even looked at? That gift your brother-in-law gave you that you'll never use? That gift card to the place you never shop? That's what I need from you - stuff that's cool, but just taking up space in your life. The WTF will happily take these donations & turn them into raffle prizes for this weekend. Anything you can donate will be spectacular.

I'll be @ the Wednesday Round Rock mini - if you can bring donations there SUPER (5:00 start). If not, lemme know & I'll arrange for you to meet with a WTF member in you area or you can mail directly to me @ 3232 Winding Way Round Rock,TX 78664. I'm south Tuesday & Thursday during the day this week too near WestGate & Western Trails if you wanna get together south. Thanx for the continued support of ladies disc golf in Texas -you ROCK!!!

See you in the fairway,

Lala

Lala
Jun 10 2011, 03:15 PM
Thanx so much to everybody for their support with the WTF raffle @ Deaf Nationals - it was a great time & the WTF were very well received by the players & staff @ Twin Parks.

Now we're ready for WTF Discapalooza II on July 30th flex start 9-11 @ Arrowhead Park - Lago Vista, TX. The LVPOA board approved WTF's use of this members only 9 hole (18 tees) course on the lake for our FUNdraising mini. This could be your only chance to play this private course.

All proceeds go to pay WTF entry fees to 2011 USWDGC - Round Rock, TX Sept 16th-18th.

Singles - $15. $1 mulligan�s (singles only - limit 3)
Bring you own partner dubs - $30 a team

HUGE raffle for tons of merch with a Hot Pink basket as the grand prize - free food and beverages.

Lala
Jul 14 2011, 02:47 PM
WTF Discapalooza II on July 30th flex start 9-11 @ Arrowhead Park - Lago Vista, TX members only 9 hole (18 tees) course on the lake. All proceeds go to pay WTF entry fees to 2011 USWDGC - Round Rock, TX Sept 16th-18th.

Singles - $15. $1 mulligan�s (singles only - limit 3)

We'll offer pro, not pro, & womens in singles & pro, not pro, & mixed in doubles. You can play as many times as you'd like. Let your friends know about this unique chance to play the private course on the lake (there's actually still water where we'll be). Guys, bring your girls even if they've not played. It's a short course with tons of shade & the ladies of WTF would love to continue to grow the sport.

HUGE raffle for tons of merch with a Hot Pink basket as the grand prize - free food and beverages.

We'll also have "Double R Supports US Women's" bag tag challenge tags available for sale (Bag Tag Challenge in August I think) & the new US Women's fundraiser Archon's (disc previously only available as World's funraiser). Sale's of these items will go directly to USWDGC.

Thanx for comin' out!! Any questions or donations - shoot me an e mail [email protected]

Lala
Jul 25 2011, 01:33 PM
Can't wait to see everyone this weekend for good golf, good times, & good friends.

Saturday July 30th flex start 9am-11am
Singles - $15. $1 mulligan’s (singles only - limit 3)

There will be "Double R Supports US Women's" bag tag challenge tags available for sale ($15). Bag Tag Challenge August 20th OSP Gold Course - Outlaw's & US Women's layout. Double R membership drive - join the host club of US Women's ($25 to join, $10 to renew) & show your support of disc golf in Central Texas

We'll also have the new US Women's fundraiser discs - Archon's (disc previously only available as World's funraiser). Sale's of these items will go directly to USWDGC.

Thanx for comin' out!! Any questions or donations - shoot me an e mail [email protected]

Directions to Arrown Head Park: From Austin take IH 35 or US 183 north to FM 1431. Go west on 1431 to Lago Vista. Left on Lohmans Ford (Traffic Signal) and go three miles and turn right on Boggy Ford Rd. At the Y bare right, Highland Lake Dr, and take the second right onto National Dr. Take National all the way to the end where it T's into Lake Front Dr. Take a right on Lake Front Dr and the second left on Arrowhead Point. The park is at the end of the street.

Lala
Jul 29 2011, 09:33 AM
2 added CTP's - WTF is donating an am entry fee to Outlaw's & Team justice is donating an am entry fee to Tangle Foot. Pay to throw each CTP as many times as you want - ams only :).

This is gonna be a great event with TONS of great stuff to win. Can't wait to see you all there.

Lala
Jul 31 2011, 11:47 AM
WOW - you guys knock my socks off every time. Great turn out, great people, & great times yesterday @ the WTF FUNdraiser. Not only were we able to meet our FUNDraising goal, but we also exceded our FUNraising goal:).

North Shore disc golfers - thank you so so much for having us. We couldn't have asked for a better venue & the cloud coverage lasted throughout the day. The lake was low, but refreshing after the event - again, more than I could have asked for.

Double R, Waterloo, SADA, Temple, North Shore, HFDS - area clubs showing out in full force with over 40 players!! HUGE raffle with the pink basket going up to Temple for a while. Sold a few USWDGC fundraiser Arcon's, a few Double R Supports US Women's bag tags (tag challenge on Aug 20th @ OSP) & got another new lady to join the Double R family - Texas Teams here we come (again)!

CTP's for tourneament entry fees just kept coming in. Congrats to James McNair of North Shore Disc Golf winning the MET Center Open entry, Justin Davis takes the Blue Skis entry, & Daniel "Super D" Temple takes both the Tangle Foot & Outlaws entry - throwing it in for Outlaws.

We've been asked to submit an article to the magazine about the WTF & our fundraising efforts. If you've got pics from yesterday's event, please send them to me @ [email protected] or post an album to the Women Throwing Frisbee's Facebook page.

Thanx again for reminding me why I do what I do for disc golf. It's not always easy, but in the end you remember it's the passion for the game that keeps us moving forward.