evandmckee
May 20 2011, 02:34 PM
http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/e/v/a/n/mckee/2011-05/sb/2011_flyer-91209160.jpg

This is in Bentonville, Arkansas - Awesome course

and the evening before just South of this in Fayetteville

Primus with special guests The Dead Kenny Gs
http://www.waltonartscenter.org/calendar/view.aspx?id=5723

looking like a good weekend :)

evandmckee
May 24 2011, 02:20 PM
The Lake Bella Vista course is FLOODED

the tourney is still happening and moving to JB Hunt course in Springdale, Arkansas

another noteworthy item:

Joplin, Missouri was heavily hit with a tornado, fellow disc golfers Pat Wooley and Zack Jones have basically lost their homes

The Raffle for this event will benefit them

If you can and want to help, we are asking for donations for the raffle. We will be donating the proceeds to the two golfers above. If you would like to donate directly, you can do it via check made out to them or paypal to [email protected] (simply put "Tornado Relief Fund" in the message)

any questions, contact Russ Burns at 417 818-7165 or at [email protected]

evandmckee
May 24 2011, 03:37 PM
If anyone is looking on the course directory at JB Hunt, it's not updated yet, it has recently went from 9 to 18 holes, this is a challenging course and not a pitch and putt

Directions: (assuming Okies know how to get to I 540) :)

From the North: I 540 South exit Wagon Wheel rd. Turn Left to Wagon Wheel rd. Turn Left on Wagon Wheel rd. Turn Right on Silent Grove rd. park on Left just past water treatment plant

From the South: I 540 North exit Wagon Wheel rd. Turn Right on Wagon Wheel rd. Turn Right on Silent Grove rd. park on Left just past water treatment plant

twoputtok
May 24 2011, 03:43 PM
Yes but we come from the west.:cool:

evandmckee
May 24 2011, 04:04 PM
Yes but we come from the west.:cool:

I know, I figured ya'll could get to I-540, being that you are this on a computer/Internet, you could use mapquest or something :)

I'm just posting info as a favor to Russ because he asked me, all I really know is it's basically north of the Primus show :D

kwilkes
May 24 2011, 10:32 PM
Going Wise?

twoputtok
May 25 2011, 10:47 AM
Strongly considering it.

Big Easy
May 25 2011, 11:19 AM
Same ...

mtreat
May 25 2011, 11:28 AM
Does JB Hunt flood??

Any courses around here to compare it to??

twoputtok
May 25 2011, 12:56 PM
I talked to KelDog and he said there is no way JB could flood or hold water for that much. It has elevation. I was not going to go to Bella if it even had the chance of being muddy. I remember that all too well. But since it is at JB, I want to go over.

evandmckee
May 25 2011, 02:13 PM
Does JB Hunt flood??

Any courses around here to compare it to??

Unsure what it would compare to around Tulsa... lots of beautiful green grass, rolling hills (kinda ball golfish looking in some of it), several holes require good distance, OB Paths, ect., if it is recently mowed there are some nice roller holes, some elevation, tunnels, wooded holes

9 of the holes are very new with some rough stuff you don't want to throw into but it's fair as far as you don't have to throw into, over it - I've only played the newest layout once

It should be OK as far as drainage

Big Easy
May 26 2011, 01:00 AM
what about last minute signups...
players meeting time, start time...
Thanks

evandmckee
May 26 2011, 01:26 AM
what about last minute signups...
players meeting time, start time...
Thanks

I'll see what I can find out from Russ and post it

for any direct answers to any questions fastest way would be to contact the TD, Russ Burns at 417 818-7165 or at [email protected]

looking forward to seeing everyone!!

evandmckee
May 26 2011, 01:08 PM
I talked to Russ, 9:30 players meeting, be registered before that, he isn't worried about last minute sign-ups and will allow some leniency towards start time in case of any confusion about courses being switched

evandmckee
May 26 2011, 01:11 PM
This is a Copy/Paste from the Joplin thread concerning Disc Golfers that are affected by the recent tornado disaster:

Disc Golfers,
We've received some news that one of our own, Uriah Johnson, is at a Springfield hospital in serious condition. He has swelling on his brain and internal bleeding. Right now, that is all we know on his condition but the update was from this morning. Please keep Uriah in your thoughts and prayers.

Others that have have had their house destroyed or at least damaged include Pat Wooley, The Davison Family (Michael and Isaac), and Zack Jones. Please let us know if there are any other disc golfers that will need help and assistance.

Finally, don't forget about the Disc Golf Monkey's raffle this Saturday at the Lake Bella Vista Open, where the money raised will go to help the area disc golfers who were affected by the tornado. If you are unable to attend but would like to make a donation to your fellow disc golfers, contact the Disc Golf Monkey, information is on his website at www.discgolfmonkey.com (http://www.discgolfmonkey.com/), contact the club, or paypal money to [email protected]

Please keep all those affected in your thoughts and prayers as we all come together as a disc golf community.

JDGC Officers

LeftyGod
May 27 2011, 02:02 AM
One truck load for sure on the way down sat morning.

Hutch
Slim
Gary
Carp
General

ajinks
May 27 2011, 09:41 AM
Last night we received a $200 donation from an individual which directly goes to the disc golf families affected by the tornado. I've also been told the Disc Golf Monkey has received donations in larger amounts than this. It's truly amazing to see all the love and support in our community.

If you'd like to donate visit www.joplindgc.com or http://discgolfmonkey.com/ for more information.

kwilkes
May 27 2011, 02:01 PM
I'll bring some stuff. Hope to be there by 9 or so.

mtreat
May 29 2011, 12:54 PM
Scores?

LeftyGod
May 29 2011, 04:31 PM
Who cares about scores.

We cleaned up in the raffle

2 t-shirts

8 discs

and another arkansas basket rescued and taken to OKLAHOMA

kwilkes
May 29 2011, 05:01 PM
Great course. Good to see my Arkie homies. Til next time.

mtreat
May 29 2011, 11:23 PM
Thanks..

slim___15288
May 30 2011, 11:29 AM
the course is absolutely beautiful. like it was said above, there are some raw areas, but after some golfer traffic and a little TLC, this course will be immaculate. They did an amazing job taking advantage of the elevation and trees on this course. Cant wait to go back!

great staff, great payout, great to see everyone chipping in to help out the golfers in Joplin.