sign-ups 7:45a to 8:15a at Haikey Creek
$40 all divisions

C-tier event
no extra charge for non-PDGA players
early sign-up at www.pdgasignup.com

jose
Apr 14 2011, 10:51 PM
www.kycom.com/amjam.png

For some reason I am having trouble embedding the image so this is at least a link to the flyer.

Southpaw527
Apr 15 2011, 01:17 AM
I can't wait for this tournament!

chicks
Apr 28 2011, 10:41 PM
Hideaway Pizza is the presenting sponsor for this tournament and there will be a free pizza lunch on Sunday. Also as part of the players pack OKDGF is supplying the first 50 entries with an OKDGF stamped KC Aviar and the first 50 players are guaranteed to receive a tournament shirt as part of their players pack.
For more info call Cris Hicks at (918)407-7904.

Southpaw527
Apr 29 2011, 12:39 AM
If I can pre reg on here I would like to sign up for Adv.

chicks
May 02 2011, 09:11 PM
I got you down for Adv, thanks Matt.
Cris

Oneputt0424
May 03 2011, 01:04 PM
Is the pre-registration list of entrants going to listed here? I plan to come up from the Dallas area and based on last year, I want to ensure the weather is not a problem. I would like to have an idea as to how late I can wait to register, perhaps the morning of the tournament.

Hindsight
May 03 2011, 10:50 PM
i am in for Advanced as well...

chicks
May 04 2011, 01:00 AM
Mark I can save you a spot and a players pack, just let me know if you are NOT coming. Hinds I'll put you down, thanks.
Cris

Big Easy
May 04 2011, 08:59 AM
I will be there :D

Oneputt0424
May 04 2011, 12:35 PM
Cris, as of today, I am still planning on attending this year. I will know for sure on Wed. the 11th. If the weather report looks good, I'll book a hotel and pre-register then.

rwhy7
May 04 2011, 01:45 PM
Mr. Hicks if you could put Richard Why down for Advanced i'd appreciate it! Thanks, very excited to play this event!

Oneputt0424
May 08 2011, 11:31 PM
Is a listing of the entrants going to be posted? I'd like to know which division to sign up for? Rec, Int. or Grandmasters/Adv Grandmasters.

DoughDuff
May 09 2011, 11:09 AM
AM JAM WEEK...Tonight we play Haikey Creek, which is the first round of this tournament!

Throwman
May 09 2011, 11:34 AM
i would like to reserve a spot for Nick Roesle Adv and Jeremy Taylor from stillwater INT.

Tanmanphillips
May 09 2011, 05:19 PM
Cris, please put Tanner Phillilps down for INT. Thanks

chicks
May 10 2011, 01:49 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be taking sign ups at McClure Park this Friday from 5:45pm to 7:45pm across from hole 18's pad at MCs house. I will also be taking sign ups Saturday morning at Haikey Creek from 7:30am to 9am. Even if you have signed up online you will need to check in Sat morning and get your players pack. I will put up a list of players who have paid later tonight and a list of players that I am holding spots for. I am going to cap the tourney at 90 players.
This is going to be a great event in large part because of these sponsors: Hideaway Pizza, Play It Again Sports, OKDGF, Dr. Jim, Crow Creek Tavern & Joel Woody, TDSA, Tom's Bicycle, The Line, Treat & Family, Jerry & Carrie Stacey, Jason Schwake, Dave Wise, and Wayne Forest.
The event is also benefitting the Tulsa Society for the Prevention of Cruelty of Animals and they will have a van out on Sunday from 12:30pm to 1:30pm at McClure with cats and dogs that are available for possible adoption.
You do not have to be a PDGA member to play this event and there are no extra fees if you are not a PDGA member.
Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday!!!
Cris Hicks
[email protected] (918)407-7904

mtreat
May 10 2011, 05:14 PM
You do need to be a current PDGA member to adopt a pet, it shows responsibility..

Just kidding, but hey, you know you should...

chicks
May 10 2011, 06:54 PM
You do need to be a current PDGA member to adopt a pet, it shows responsibility..

Just kidding, but hey, you know you should...

Adopt a pet or become a PDGA member?
I forgot that you should also play in Big Nic's late night mini at McClure Friday night (sign ups until 7:30pm I believe), especially if you will already be there signing up for the Am Jam.

chicks
May 11 2011, 04:35 PM
Here is the current people I have listed to play this week.
Paid entries:
Aubrey Johnston � novice men,
Matt House � adv men,
Frank Hebert � adv men,
Toby Prince � adv men,
Brittian Harrison � nov men,
James Porter � int men,
Victor Frescaz � adv men.

Non-paid on my list as coming �

Adv men �
Brian Hinds,
Chuck Williams,
Matt Treat,
Travis Koehring,
Nick Roesle,
Tommy Evans.

Adv Master �
Jerry Stacey
Mark Masters
Doug Duff

INT men �
Jeremy Taylor
Tanner Phillips

Adv Grandmasters �
Charlie Chung

Please try and show up by at least 8:30am (entries officially close at 9am) if you are on the list so I can make sure and hold your spot if you are coming (for those not paid). All players need to get their players pack by 9am.
Cris
PS - Forgive me now if I forget your name when I see you, I might not even remember my own on Sat morning:)

rwhy7
May 11 2011, 05:08 PM
I don't see my name on the list if you could hold a spot in advanced for Richard Why i'd appreciate it.

chicks
May 11 2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks for letting me know Richard, I got you on the list for Adv.

chicks
May 12 2011, 05:38 PM
FYI - The forecast looks like good disc golf weather this weekend:
Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 69F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Sunday: Mainly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s.

Big Easy
May 13 2011, 08:54 AM
Fantastic Forecast :D

Southpaw527
May 13 2011, 11:45 AM
If you are going to play this awesome event you should go pre reg tonight at Mclure because I have a feeling this event is going to fill..

mtreat
May 13 2011, 02:51 PM
I agree. EVERYONE should pre-reg before tournaments. If you are not sure you can play by 7:30 tonight are you really committed to playing four rounds this weekend???

chicks
May 13 2011, 04:52 PM
You have just expereinced a double dose of TNT, WORD!

mtreat
May 15 2011, 12:09 AM
Nice job getting the scores up!! Everyone have fun tomorrow..

rwhy7
May 16 2011, 01:02 PM
I want to thank Chris Hicks and Jose Mendoza for running the event lots of fun. And of course thanks to all the great sponsors for helping make the payouts amazing! Everything ran really smoothly and it was nice having the print outs before each round to see where you were in the pack. I'll be for sure playing this one next year.

Chuckms
May 16 2011, 05:01 PM
I want to thank Chris Hicks and Jose Mendoza for running the event lots of fun. And of course thanks to all the great sponsors for helping make the payouts amazing! Everything ran really smoothly and it was nice having the print outs before each round to see where you were in the pack. I'll be for sure playing this one next year.

Totally agree...despite my super shoddy rounds, I had a great time at a well done tournament...lots of thanks to all those involved. The side-betting on rounds 3 and 4 were lots of fun too! Congrats to the guys at the top, including Richard, representing the local ams!

chicks
May 16 2011, 07:11 PM
The 2nd annual Tulsa Am Jam is officially in the books and it was another great tourney! Thanks for all the players coming out and making it possible. Started out a little cool Saturday for the first round and then the rest of the tournament was some really nice weather.
I want to thank all my staff and people who helped out with the tournament: Jose’ Mendoza for driving down from Arkansas and really showing me how to run a top notch type of tournament. He’s a great TD, friend, and all around human being. His son Conner for helping film, my wife for helping out and putting up with someone as fanatical about disc golf as I am, Wayne Forest – always a great guy to have on your side helping out, Dale Patterson – helping you find your discs, Dave Wise for stepping up big time and giving me the idea of how to raise money for the TSPCA and working a crowd (and all those lottery tickets), Mike Conners, Thong Lee, John Barton, Michael Treat, Matt Treat, Doug Duff, Chris Hutchinson. Just look at that list of characters and you know we are in a great disc golf town and why this tournament turned out so well.
Plus our sponsors: Hideaway Pizza and Janie Harris – providing pizza, tye dye shirts, koozies, visors, advertisement (and said they would sponsor it again next year)!, OKDGF and Dr. Jim – providing you with your KC Aviars in your players pack and helping grab sponsors, Play It Again Sports – a big sponsor this year, TDSA, The Line (thanks Logan for getting that circle painted), TDSA – best club in the country, Crow Creek Tavern and Joel Woody, Tom’s Bicycle, Treat & Family – helping out with or into everything involving disc golf, Jerry & Carrie Stacey, Jason Schwake, Dave Wise, Wayne Forest, Bill Moyers, Tony Walker, Dale Patterson, Joyle Deering and McClure Park & Rec Center, Scott “Furdog” Schumaker, and Kenny Morton.
Please let all these people know that you appreciate their sponsorship and frequent their establishments!
We raised over $1,000 for the Tulsa Society for the Prevention of the Cruelty to Animals! Thanks for helping save the lives of dogs and cats!
Let’s make it even bigger and better next year!
Cris Hicks

sschumacher
May 17 2011, 04:52 PM
Great job Cris, Jose, and everybody that contributed.

The only problem I saw was that you let Mitchell in.:confused:

Now every bagging "Free Loader" in the land will be showing up next year.:rolleyes:

slim___15288
May 19 2011, 11:57 AM
Everyone:

You will be hard pressed to find a tournament that runs this well. Players pack was HUGE. Every round started ON TIME. Scores were posted on the tote board within MINUTES. Round ratings were on the website within HOURS. Sunday lunch was FREE and DELICIOUS. Payout was STAAAACCCCKKKKKKEEEEDDDD! Everyone who cashed got 225% the PDGA recommended payout, meaning my first place showing almost blew the shocks out of my car carrying so much plastic home. Hats off (or should i say, free visor giveaway) to Cris and Jose for a job well done.

also -- the final round of MA2 is not a leader card, it's a blooper reel. :)

chicks
May 19 2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks Slim. I'm glad we could blow your shocks out:)
I'm sure you are going to do a great job with the State Championships. Looking forward to it!

wforest
May 19 2011, 06:36 PM
... D . D . C . ; baby ...
... M . T . A . ; dude ...
... freewheelin' FREESTYLING ...