ericdmb
Apr 13 2011, 11:28 AM
I am the Marketing & Fundraising Coordinator for the Bucks County Disc Golf Alliance in Newtown, PA. Some of you may know our club and or Tyler State Park disc golf course...

I am trying to come up with some new ideas for our club to help raise funds for added cash, course improvements and general purpose usage for the club and course.

We have done basket of cheer, CFR discs, bake sales, candy sales and all that sort of thing and wanted to hear from other members of clubs from all over the country on what has worked for you....

Thanks in advance for the help!

Eric

bravo
Apr 15 2011, 08:46 PM
you can sell mulligans.

johndhjr71
Apr 27 2011, 05:10 PM
Your going to love this fundraising method as it also promotes your sport and gives you a chance to whoop up on the ball golfers. Annually we participate in a ball golf tournament but we choose a short par 3 and have a CTP contest against the ball golfers. They pay $20 per team for a chance at a hole in one. All they have to do is get closer the the pin that we do with our disc. If so, hole in one, if not, play it as it lies. Either way we keep the $20. A good tournament can raise you $500 to $1000 in a day. Last year we beat the majority of the teams and they loved it.

johnrock
Jun 09 2011, 06:50 PM
CTP's for lottery tickets. I do a CTP fundraiser at each of my weekly events. I bring a $5 scratch-off lottery ticket and anyone who wants a chance at it pays $2. Before the round everyone gets 2 throws at a close basket, closest disc gets the $5 scratch-off ticket. As long as there are more than 3 players participating, you build your account. One summer this put close to $700 in our Top of Texas Open.

Cheeto
Jun 16 2011, 05:01 PM
As Bravo said, have a fundraiser tournament and sell mulligans. You can also sell short tees if you have a course with dual tee pads or at least long enough holes that you can make temporary short tee pads with flags. In our local ice bowl, you can pay $2 per short tee. Between rounds have someone grill some food and sell it. You can also do a 50-50 raffle (50% goes to the winner, the other goes to the club). Ask companies/players for donations to raffle off and it doesn't have to be just disc golf companies. Ask local restaurants/bars for gift cards or vouchers for a free meal or something. You can also have other side games at lunch or after the last round - kan jam contest, putting contest, accuracy contest, distance contest, CTP contest, .... Players can pay a couple dollars to enter and try to win prizes.

You can also use bag tags as a fundraiser. Charge people more than the cost for the tag and the club makes a small profit.

Get businesses and individuals to sponsor holes... either as a permanent type thing with their name on the tee sign or as a temporary thing just for a tournament.

Lala
Jul 25 2011, 02:57 PM
Here's how the Women Throwing Frisbees do a FUNdraiser.

Saturday July 30th flex start 9am-11am
Singles - $15. $1 mulligan’s (singles only - limit 3)
Bring you own partner dubs - $30 a team

HUGE raffle for tons of merch with a Hot Pink basket as the grand prize - free food and beverages.

There will be "Double R Supports US Women's" bag tag challenge tags available for sale ($15). Bag Tag Challenge August 20th OSP Gold Course - Outlaw's & US Women's layout. Double R membership drive - join the host club of US Women's ($25 to join, $10 to renew) & show your support of disc golf in Central Texas

We'll also have the new US Women's fundraiser discs - Archon's (disc previously only available as World's funraiser). Sale's of these items will go directly to USWDGC.

Thanx for comin' out!! Any questions or donations - shoot me an e mail [email protected]

Directions to Arrown Head Park: From Austin take IH 35 or US 183 north to FM 1431. Go west on 1431 to Lago Vista. Left on Lohmans Ford (Traffic Signal) and go three miles and turn right on Boggy Ford Rd. At the Y bare right, Highland Lake Dr, and take the second right onto National Dr. Take National all the way to the end where it T's into Lake Front Dr. Take a right on Lake Front Dr and the second left on Arrowhead Point. The park is at the end of the street.

Grow the sport!!

teejmac
Aug 22 2011, 09:54 AM
Your going to love this fundraising method as it also promotes your sport and gives you a chance to whoop up on the ball golfers. Annually we participate in a ball golf tournament but we choose a short par 3 and have a CTP contest against the ball golfers. They pay $20 per team for a chance at a hole in one. All they have to do is get closer the the pin that we do with our disc. If so, hole in one, if not, play it as it lies. Either way we keep the $20. A good tournament can raise you $500 to $1000 in a day. Last year we beat the majority of the teams and they loved it.

That is an awesome idea. I am going to have to try and do this.