Billy_Ho
Apr 11 2011, 09:21 PM
I know this is a shot in the dark but it's worth a try. Saturday as the night was ending I had put my laptop in my bag and walked away to talk to someone, not even gone for a couple mins. when I came back it was gone. If anyone has anykind of info please help...$400 bucks to whoever can get me that bag and laptop back. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

wforest
Apr 11 2011, 09:54 PM
... it would really "seem like" one of the 'non-disc-golfers' that were all over the place as well ... but , like Billy sez , you never know ... at least this might create 30 or 40 more "Sherlock Holmes" with their Eyes and Ears open ... hopefully , something turns up ...
... for ALL the EFFORT and GOOD that Billy poured-in out there (Food , Snacks , Drink , MUSIC , Beer-Pong , Lighting , Merriment , Dancing) ; it's a lousy thing for one of those guests to sting the organizer-and-hard-worker ... really sux ...
... I'll add another $50 cash onto his REWARD amount ... it NEEDS to be returned to him ... COMPLETE with all his archived-files and informations ... he deserves no less ...

kwilkes
Apr 11 2011, 11:07 PM
I'm really sorry Billy. Your character is as solid as it gets. You always put others first. I know we talked about it on Sunday but I'm still thinking about ya. I'll see you soon.

DoughDuff
Apr 12 2011, 12:31 AM
Good call...put those feelers out....and add another $100 to that reward for me! We've done a couple of pong tournaments together and I look forward to doing alot more. Your doing great things Billy, great things will come to you..keep steppin!

Billy_Ho
Apr 12 2011, 07:03 AM
Just want to say thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it. And you know what, whoever took my laptop I dont wish harm to you, I truly don't. I have $600 bucks if you bring it back. If it never turns up I hope the person who has it throws some hella good partys cause I put my heart and soul into all the music that is on there and I ask that it does not go to waste, thank you have a nice day.

kwilkes
Apr 12 2011, 09:15 AM
Was it I tunes music?

sschumacher
Apr 12 2011, 12:05 PM
Just want to say thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it. And you know what, whoever took my laptop I dont wish harm to you, I truly don't. I have $600 bucks if you bring it back. If it never turns up I hope the person who has it throws some hella good partys cause I put my heart and soul into all the music that is on there and I ask that it does not go to waste, thank you have a nice day.

Billy,

Going all the way back to the first days I started playing DG at Riverside you have been one of the friendliest and giving disc golfers I know. I�m sorry this happened at an event that that you love, and me and the staff work so hard to make fun for everybody.

As I told you Saturday night before all this happened, I've got your entry for the OO (up to $100) covered, but should you want add that entry money ($100) to the reward for it�s return in acceptable condition, then feel free to do so.

To the person that took it. You just crapped on all the good vibes we try to bring to this event. Maybe you were just drunk and made an error in judgment. It happens to everybody but here�s your chance at redemption.

Is it really worth it because someone will probably find out who you are.

Perhaps one of your friends will come forward.

Perhaps there was a park security camera you didn�t know about.

And if you are a friend of the person that took it, how can you continue to be friends and trust someone like that?

I don�t want to harm the person that did it, I just want him or his friends to do the right thing.

twoputtok
Apr 12 2011, 12:10 PM
Unfortunately if they were capable of doing the right thing, they wouldn't have taken the computer. I feel for Billy, while not a computer, I had the same thing happen at an Ice Bowl, after I had given a nice cash donation to the event. They got me for over $300.

It just sucks that at an event where the atmosphere is friendship and good times, someone is so selfish that they ruin it for others.

On an upside, at the Masters, I saw several items turned in. Different crowd I guess.
I even got my chair back after leaving it on a golf cart. They even drove up to the house to get it and bring it back to me.

Hindsight
Apr 12 2011, 02:11 PM
If it helps, and you don't get your laptop back you are welcome to scan through my 450+ cd's and pick out whatever you might need to help get your stock back up. Probably don't listen to a whole lot of the same stuff but I will do anything I can to help out...

seewhere
Apr 12 2011, 02:46 PM
Unfortunately if they were capable of doing the right thing, they wouldn't have taken the computer. I feel for Billy, while not a computer, I had the same thing happen at an Ice Bowl, after I had given a nice cash donation to the event. They got me for over $300.

It just sucks that at an event where the atmosphere is friendship and good times, someone is so selfish that they ruin it for others.

On an upside, at the Masters, I saw several items turned in. Different crowd I guess.
I even got my chair back after leaving it on a golf cart. They even drove up to the house to get it and bring it back to me.

TRUE TEXAS HOSPITALITY!! that is how we roll in the LONE STAR STATE!!!!

be checking craiglist...

twoputtok
Apr 12 2011, 04:11 PM
I have to agree, I had people down there just rying to give me their Texas Longhorn stuff. They either wanted me to wear it or, as I truley suspect they are just trying to find ways to get out from under it.

But they were real freindly about, they even said "Please take this from me."

twoputtok
Apr 13 2011, 10:50 AM
Billy, I have a question for you.......How is it that you spent 3 years building your music data base and did not back it up any where?

Barber Shop
Apr 14 2011, 11:23 AM
Billy, I have a question for you.......How is it that you spent 3 years building your music data base and did not back it up any where?

That's like asking somebody why do they not have full coverage after they total their car. Just a good way to rub salt on a wound. doesn't really help at this point.

twoputtok
Apr 14 2011, 12:32 PM
The cost of full coverage compared to the ability to back up files for just about free does not compare well. I thought that was a valid question. Not just in case someone lifts your notebook but what if you have a hard drive fail or just damage to the unit. Files are just to easy to back up anymore.

Do you go to a big tournament without any back up discs?

Yes, he would have still lost the unit but he would still have all his 3 years of work.

Barber Shop
Apr 14 2011, 01:13 PM
you missed my point dave.
I was simply saying that the question you asked, doesnt help billy at all. It is just pouring salt on a wound. Looking back on it, im sure he already knows that backing up his stuff would have been the best thing to do. Im pretty sure you didnt need to enlighten him with your wisdom.

pdorries
Apr 15 2011, 12:01 PM
I'm not meaning to take away from the seriousness of the lost laptop issue, that sucks... but....

im sure he already knows that backing up his stuff would have been the best thing to do. Im pretty sure you didnt need to enlighten him with your wisdom.

BWAHAHAHA... totally agree abe... cmon Wise, use ur WISEdom.. or is it WiseDUMB

chicks
Apr 17 2011, 10:29 PM
I say if this reward thing doesn't work out we just all pitch in to get Billy a new laptop. We practically have the money already with everyone saying they would pitch in for the reward. If we decide to get him a new laptop, I'm in for $50.
I'm glad we have so many peace loving people on the board saying they just want to get the laptop back, no questions, etc. But really whoever stole it is a thief and they suck if they don't give it back. I hope them and whoever stole our laptop out of my house last year gets caught, or karma gets them, or whatever.
Anyways, I'm in for $50 if we decide to buy Billy a new laptop.
Hicks

twoputtok
Apr 18 2011, 10:35 AM
cmon Wise, use ur WISEdom.. or is it WiseDUMB

You want wisdom?

Sorry he lost his computer. Both of you shouldn't assume he knows the mistake he made by not backing it up, because I made the mistake of assuming that everyone KNOWS to back their chit up.

I also know to insure my cars and my house and if I didn't then it's my fault and not everyone else's responsibility to replace the stuff I was too irresponsible to protect myself.

How's that for wisdom?