Southpaw527
Feb 23 2011, 05:53 AM
Well it's Tuesday night around 3:30 "CTZ" and we just got into our hotel, the Circus Circus!

We look forward to a couple great days of practice "Josh Crowl gets here Wed. afternoon" and then competition starts on Friday. Then it's off too The Memorial in Arizona!

We will all try and get on here but Josh is the best blogger out of the bunch so look forward to a repeat performance from last year.

mtreat
Feb 23 2011, 12:33 PM
Circus Circus, location of an infamous scene from "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas".

Make sure you have your spiked golf shoes on!!!

chicks
Feb 23 2011, 02:47 PM
Circus Circus, location of an infamous scene from "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas".

Make sure you have your spiked golf shoes on!!!

Get out of there when you "start feeling the fear."

sschumacher
Feb 23 2011, 02:59 PM

Of all the big swanky joints in Vegas and they end up at Circus Circus??? That place is a rip-off.

The least you could have done as Matt's dad is offer to upgrade them into a better place. I realize CC offers cheap hookers and free video games but come on buddy???:D

mtreat
Feb 23 2011, 03:56 PM
They made all the plans themselves. I am more of a Bellagio kind of guy..

Chuckms
Feb 23 2011, 05:58 PM
Get out of there when you "start feeling the fear."

Mr Hicks, you have a PM

Southpaw527
Feb 23 2011, 10:33 PM
Well we just got back to the room from playing all day!

We started the day off with some In and Out burgers and then hit the course. We played all day with Nikko"best in the world", Cale Levisca" misspelled last name", and Paul Ulibari" Tulsa World's MA1 Champ" it was a great day and Devan and I played well.

Dude jammed a putt last hole to push a tie so no one had to pay!

I finished the round about 9 strokes off everyone else which I was pumped about considering who I was playing with.

Crowl flies in tomorrow so more practice rounds! Plus LOTS of putting!

The course has been painted with TIGHT O.B. but the layout is the same as last year...

Well we are all about to hit the strip up so more updates tomorrow...

Southpaw527
Feb 24 2011, 11:36 PM
Well another day in the books...

Devan and I picked Crowl up at the airport today, he doesn't mind flying but he doesn't really like it...

We proceeded to play Sunset Park again in a $$$ match against Nikko, Uli, and Will Shusterick.

After the round we hit up the outlet mall that was not very cool, however Josh got a "loud" lime green puma jacket and Devan got a nice vans jacket.

Tomorrow competition begins, Crowl tees @ 11:38 and Devan is 12:34...

sschumacher
Feb 25 2011, 10:47 AM
Come on man!!!

We don't want to know about Josh and Devan's shopping and fashion choices.

Your dad tells better stories of when he was on the road with "The Dead".

Tell us about the hookers and the late nite Vegas debauchary!!!:)

Sounds like all you guys are doing is sitting in your rooms playing video games like these guys....

http://www.hansonbrothers.net/index_files/mhtB6411.jpg

pdorries
Feb 25 2011, 10:56 AM
Lovin the updates matt, keep em coming! fun to read about okies out playin the big tournies!!

chicks
Feb 25 2011, 04:37 PM
Matt if you guys eat at Holsteins Burger and Shakes in the Cosmopolitan Hotel at Vegas you will definitely enjoy the scenery... and I don't mean out the window. It was kind of like Hooters on Steriods when I was there last week at my friend's bachelor party.

mtreat
Feb 25 2011, 05:15 PM
Holsteins Burgers, oh my gosh. A Holstein is a milk cow, oh wait, I get it now!!!

Yes Matt, head there immediately and send pictures!!

sschumacher
Feb 25 2011, 05:58 PM
That is an "UTTERLY" great idea buddy!!!:)

mutt
Feb 25 2011, 07:07 PM
"after the round we hit up the outlet mall that was not very cool, however Josh got a "loud" lime green puma jacket and Devan got a nice vans jacket."

What color members only jacket did you buy??

Good luck guys and play well!!

Southpaw527
Feb 25 2011, 09:43 PM
First day of competition...

Devan got a 60 and is tied for the lead and Crowl shot a 63 and should be 2nd card!

The conditions were very windy. We all said it was the windiest round since Green Country Open.

We are heading out to a party and maybe a comedian/magician.

Dinner is either Sammy's which we discovered last year it's a burger joint that should be on food network or the place hicks suggested, we will be hitting up both places this week.

I will post tee times later if I remember they are not up yet or ratings

mtreat
Feb 25 2011, 11:56 PM
That is awesome. Devan and Josh are doing great. Keep it up tomorrow and your set..

Have fun, reoccuring theme..

Southpaw527
Feb 26 2011, 04:11 AM
So we just left the Palms from some light gambling and hanging out with some beautiful ladies...

It was fun but I didn't have a camera and was not able to capture a classic moment of Devan and Josh both gambling on the Sex in the City slots... Just had to get that out there.

Southpaw527
Feb 26 2011, 02:20 PM
Second round is today and there is a chance of rain, it is still up on the mountains and not sure if it is going to come off there

chicks
Feb 26 2011, 09:36 PM
If I could get some odds from Vegas right now, I would put some $ on Devan. He always seems to have his groove on at this tourney, just like last year. Time for Devan to become the headliner at this show.

Southpaw527
Feb 26 2011, 10:31 PM
Day 2 of the tourney is complete and there are 2 Okies on the leader card going into the final round...

Devan played another day of safe,fundamental,NO O.B.'s golf!!!
He shot a 57 and that was 2 off Nikko's hot round of 55.
Devan is tied for 2nd and is 1 stroke off Nate Doss.

Josh started the day tied for 7th and began his round 3-3-4 which was red hot. He was throwing the disc very well and had great accuracy.
When the dust had settled Crowl is tied for 4th!

Everyone is feeling great and is ready for the final round of GCC.

The tournament finishes tomorrow but we are hitting up a fancy buffet that night, then driving to Arizona Monday morning...

*WE ARE SO READY FOR A SHRIMP BURRITO FROM SENIOR TACO*

Southpaw527
Feb 26 2011, 11:20 PM
Josh Crowl..."SHE IS NOT GOING TO HATE IT, I CAN PROMISE YOU"...

mtreat
Feb 27 2011, 12:01 AM
This is so awesome.

Those guys are doing really good, I am proud of them.

I hear Horseshoe was a blast. Penny shot 57 and Wise was 62..

We need an update!!

Southpaw527
Feb 27 2011, 11:03 PM
Final day of competition...

Devan had a off round and shot a 63 and finished tied for 6th

Josh started bad,putted well in the middle, finished bad and shot a 61, he got 8th place.

It was a great week and we all had lots of fun in Vegas..

But now it's off to Arizona home of the Memorial, where we will be for the next week.

All 3 of us are competing in the Memorial...

Josh is leaving with Will Shushtrick, Liz Lopez, and Paige Pierce tonight, however Devan and I are leaving in the morning...

mtreat
Feb 28 2011, 11:55 AM
Say what you will it is a tiny percentage of the disc golf population that can travel to Vegas and put up that good of a showing.

I am proud of Devan and Josh.

Good luck and safe travels..

Southpaw527
Feb 28 2011, 02:07 PM
We are leaving Las Vegas this morning, it has been a great week, but now it's on to Arizona which should have better weather...

DoughDuff
Feb 28 2011, 02:30 PM
It was sleeting their yesterday during the PGA matchplay event... Be Safe!

Southpaw527
Mar 02 2011, 01:45 AM
Well we just got the internet working so we missed a couple posts...

We are in Scottsdale/Tempe Arizona for the Memorial..

Our group has grown to 4, Adam Hunt got in town with LSDiscs today and he was able to get practice round in at Vista Del Camino, that is where the Pros play tomorrow.

We all played Vista today and it was very fun, it's kinda like Mclure but longer and more water in play.Crowl said he played medium well, Adam had a productive round, Devan thinks he was decent, and I felt like a had a great round except for 1 shot "R.I.P. 918 beast"

I tee off at 1:30 at Fountain Hill tomorrow, that course is fun for lefties because it plays counter clockwise around a big pond...

Josh Crowl 11:46 Adam Hunt 11:54 Devan Owens 1:54 are the other tee times and remember they are at Vista Del Camino..

The fly mart was tonight and we all did very well, Devan bought some nice rocs, a nightshift destroyer, and a old glo big bead avair, Crowl got several nice discraft discs, Hunt didn't buy anything, and I bought a couple nice rocs, a 1988 10th annual Norman pro/am disc!

Well more too come after our rounds...Hope everyone is playing well back home and enjoying the updates...

Southpaw527
Mar 02 2011, 01:58 AM
Forgot to mention Josh Crowl ACED hole 6 at Fountain Hills...

It was 1 of 3 aces in about a 10 minute span on the course!

pdorries
Mar 02 2011, 10:18 AM
nice update thanks matt

mtreat
Mar 02 2011, 11:18 AM
Good luck to everyone. Don't forget the live broadcast. Cheap options and up..

It is great to see our local guys on the road. It's like the old days when Kevin was touring..

mutt
Mar 02 2011, 02:23 PM
matt check with spinners on the green for your beast, they have pretty good luck getting discs back. They mailed one of mine back. They also post a found list on their website.

Southpaw527
Mar 02 2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks Mutt I will check tomorrow.

First round is complete and and we all left a few strokes on the course..

I played Fountain and shot a 63, I started off well then picked up a few bogey's from mental errors, I am 13 off the lead and am excited to play Vista tomorrow which I have some good practice on..

Crowl, Devan, and Adam played Vista Del Camino.

Devan shot a 55 which is 8 off Paul McBeth's unbelievable 47! Devan shot well but had some unfortunate O.B.'s...

Adam shot 55 as well, the highlight of his round was an eagle on 14 which is 624' feet long! "his longest flat ground deuce"

Crowl shot a 58. he played poopy and had a stretch of 7,5,4. He still has his usual high spirits and is ready for tomorrow!

Speaking of Crowl, he did a very kind gesture by buying us "Crowl, Hunt, Devan, current World Champ Eric Mcabe, and myself" a nice Italian dinner!

2nd round is tomorrow...

I tee at 11:06
Devan 1:06
Crowl 12:34
Hunt 12:58

Good luck to everyone playing a round tomorrow back home!

mtreat
Mar 03 2011, 11:19 AM
Good luck guys. Lets see some movement towards the top today..

You can do it!!!

mtreat
Mar 03 2011, 06:02 PM
The live broadcast is great but it is affecting my work productivity.

Fountain Hills is one of the premiere courses in the world and those dummies put the tee signs at the front of the pad:)

Southpaw527
Mar 03 2011, 11:59 PM
Day two of competition is over and we have some movement...

Another perfect day of weather, very calm, sunny, high 70's.

I had a tough round and finished with a 67, that is 7 over par. I had some mental errors and stuck with my "lay up" game plan so my score suffered. My shot of the day was parking the 360 ft. slightly downhill shot pretty much totally over water...Thanks to Paul Dorries too pointing out to me that I have shot over my rating both rounds.

Devan shot a 46 and is now in 10th. He did not miss a putt all round and gets to play with Feldberg, Barsby, and Mcabe tomorrow. He birdied hole 1 today for the first time! Highlight of the round for the Dude was having 2 circle 3's from about 35 feet! One of those was on the last hole...

Adam shot a 52 and is 29th in the tournament. He missed a lot of putts. Adam said he was driving well. Highlight of the round...Making a 50 footer on 18!

Crowl also shot a 52....More info to come on his round later...He is currently at the Team Discraft dinner.

Southpaw527
Mar 04 2011, 12:16 PM
Final day of competition for me today...I am ready to tear it up!

3rd day of competition for Devan, Adam, and Crowl, they are focused and ready for "moving day"

Check us out on discgolfplanet.tv!

Southpaw527
Mar 04 2011, 11:40 PM
Day three of competition is complete...

This was my last round of the tournament, I shot a 62 which is 1 better than my first round there, I will say there was much more wind today.
I shot above my rating all 3 rounds so I am happy about that, I know what to work on and I am very determined to improve on this season...

Devan shot a 57 and is tied for 14 but everyone is within just a few strokes, so tomorrow will be a great day of competition! He said that he had some unfortunate O.B. 's, but he made the best 4 of his life... he thew hitting a light pole about 70 feet off the tee kicking him directly O.B. and it was one of his signature blue beasts but.. he threw a 500 ft. hyzer to the pin, and he made his putt.

Crowl shot a 58 and putted even worse than he has all week...
He started the round by throwing and his disc hit an iron leaf...
He has no other comment at this time...

Adam shot a 59, he is not happy about the round but is looking forward to tomorrow. He had some bad breaks and had no help from his card which didn't shoot well. He is willing and able to throw better tomorrow...

We noticed how many views we have received on this thread and would like to thank everyone for there interest/supportive words!

Southpaw527
Mar 05 2011, 02:13 PM
Well here we are...final round!

We are about to leave the hotel room and head to Fountain Hills where the final round is being held.

Don't forget about the free live feed of the Memorial @ discgolfplanet.tv

A little change of pace, usually when I am not playing I caddy for Devan, but this tournament has a special deal where random am's caddy for pro's, so I am caddying for Josh Crowl!

Southpaw527
Mar 06 2011, 12:22 PM
Final day of competition is complete...

I caddied for Josh and it was a lot of fun since Adam was also on the card. The crowds for the final round rivaled those of Worlds! It was insane how many people were out watching us play, some people had set up picnic areas and were making a day out of it. So many people would come up and ask questions, I think I can speak for everyone when I say it really made us feel like a true athlete. I have never seen a community embrace disc golf like Fountain Hills Arizona has, Tulsa is great but they have taken it to the next level. Last night they had a "Memorial Experience" which was a free concert by some American Idol, they had all sorts of fair rides, hot dog/lemonade stands, info booths about disc golf, jupiter jumps, I mean it was crazy.

Crowl shot a 52 and finished tied for 35th. He had a rough start going wet on the first couple holes but kept pushing and got himself into a nice groove. Josh hit several big putts and was able to string several birdies together. His shot of the round would either be the 45 ft. putt for birdie on 14, which is a tough one or, his huge anhyzer on 8 where he threw his buzz with water all along the left side and trees everywhere else. I was very proud of Crowl.

Adam shot a 55 and finished tied for 37, He also had a rough start. He thew some great shots that didn't quite do what he expected. Hunt showed his professionalism by never loosing his composure and the fact that he kept pushing and not giving up. He finished his round on a good note and I was very proud of him for his commitment to the round.

Devan shot a 49 and finished 15th. He had a crazy round. 2 circle 3's and 2 circle 4's! He was battling. I didn't see his round so I don't have too much for you but I will post more later...

It is SUNDAY FUNDAY!!! Devan and I are going to have a good time today and then head home tomorrow morning...

Thank you too everyone that has kept up with our posts!

We noticed that we surpassed the Chandlerstock thread on views!

We will try and keep it going next trip...Thank you all again for your interest/support!

Southpaw527
Mar 31 2011, 11:48 PM
Well everyone Devan and I have made it to our hotel room in Hitchcock Texas...Josh Crowl and Adam Hunt are on their way, they should be here around 4 in the morning...

Practicing the courses tomorrow, I have never played here so I am really excited, Devan has never played here either. I will try and take lots of pictures...

Expect daily updates...I hope everyone enjoys the weather this weekend and plays lots of golf. Hit up the Woody mini!

GO POKES!

Southpaw527
Apr 01 2011, 09:42 PM
The practice day was a success..

Devan and I showed up at the courses and quickly saw Adam and Josh about to tee off on a hole..They said it was tough to know what basket to throw at because of the close proximity of several baskets...They were totally correct it was challenging all day to know where the next hole was and where we were supposed to be throwing.

The courses are all at Jack Brooks Park, they are very wooded and very tight. One of the courses didn't have a hole over 380, throwing mid-ranges up the gut will be the play on many holes.

We played with Nikko, Feldberg,and Shusterick all day, Uli played several holes with us off and on..

So far the TD's seem to be in a little over their heads but the PDGA guys are here so I am sure it will all be nice and smooth.

It was a good day of practice, besides Devan forgeting his golf shoes. I threw in a couple long putts in front of the best players in the world and it felt good, I was also complimented on several drives. I am really looking forward to this weekend! Devan was mad about the shoes but still threw some great shots, he also got to see some of the tight blind shots so it was productive for him.

We play different courses tomorrow, the player's meeting is at 8:30, tee times on Sunday!

bravo
Apr 02 2011, 09:55 PM
looks like tulsa is well represented.
great job guys

Southpaw527
Apr 03 2011, 01:07 AM
Well BVA I don't know if I would call 5 players in 2 divisions well represented but thanks for shout out...

Well first day of competition is over...

Devan is in 7th but not far off the leader, we play a temp course that is very long..He started his day off well with a 65 "all scores are on 21 hole layout" this was on the Hills course which Devan claimed was the toughest course he has ever played! He backed up that great score with a 55, also a great round...He tees off late, which he always does well with so look out for the Dude tomorrow!

I started my day off well shooting like 50 points above my rating, I was throwing my roc very well and making some putts, if it were not for a rough start I would have been right there with the leaders...then came the Hills course...

This was no doubt the toughest course I have EVER played. If you ever play the course it might not seem extremely difficult but when it's at a tournament and you don't get a 2nd chance that is where the real difficulty come into play..The holes provide very demanding landing spots...just 10 feet in the wrong direction it is probably a upstroke..The course is very new and rough but has some very challenging shots..

Tomorrow is a new day for me and I am going to give it my all every shot of the round, my goal is a 950+ rated round..and/or ace...Devan is looking to move higher in the cash and have another solid finish at a National Tour Event...

I hope everyone has a good round tomorrow back home!

MShip
Apr 03 2011, 04:24 AM
Sounds like great fun! What a great group a the top of Open. Matt, I want to go on the next trip!

Southpaw527
Apr 03 2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah Matt it is so much fun! Next trip is Glass Blown in Emporia Kansas...2 weeks from now, let me know if you can go!

Getting ready for me 9:35 tee time...Devan tee's off in a few hours...

mtreat
Apr 06 2011, 08:04 PM
I guess I will keep Matt's tradition going. I left Sand Springs about 6:30 yesterday evening and drove past Dallas, stopped, grabbed a room and some shut eye about 12:30.

Arrived here about 10:30 this morning, got all checked in and headed to the course.

It took a little while to find it but with Rotan's help I arrived. The course is really cool. It is on a personal property and the layout is awesome. It is a mix of a lot of our courses in Tulsa. Mainly Black Hawk, Hunter with a little Moose Run thrown in. Most of the holes can be completed in 3 with some birdies possible. There are also some holes that could get ugly.

I ran in to Dr. Jim, my doubles partner tomorrow, around hole 4. We played the rest of the round together which was really cool.

Doubles is a shot gun start tomorrow at 2:00. I am headed there early to throw a few holes I want some additional practice on.

Wise and Tony will arrrive around 11:00 tonight so I am going to meet them at the course sometime in the morning.

Headed to dinner with Rotan and Danielle in a bit.

More updates to come!!

Big Easy
Apr 06 2011, 11:02 PM
Weather is great. Warm temps and the wind is up ;)
check in and course tour tommorrow :)

Southpaw527
Apr 06 2011, 11:37 PM
Cool stuff...Keep the posts coming!

Let's get a Okie sweep!

Big Easy
Apr 07 2011, 05:37 PM
Shawshank is a beautiful course, not long but still a very fair test. Tee @ 11:28. Enjoying the time away with my wife. Even my sheltie got to meet Warden, who is the big black 100 # rescued dog of the Dufresne's. :)

mtreat
Apr 07 2011, 11:03 PM
Played doubles today at 2:30, it was a blast. The format was different in that you added you and your partners scores together. The mulligans weren't a big help because you had to play the mulligan shot if you took one.

Jim and I won our card. I shot a 74 and he shot a 76. We played 22 holes and several are par 4's. I think course par is maybe 64 or so, not sure.

I tee at 7:30 am in the morning, first card out.

I am really looking forward to it. You have a lot of extra time playing one round per day.

All the Okies are accounted for. The weather is really nice.

More reports to come, lets git er done!!

slim___15288
Apr 08 2011, 12:16 AM
Played doubles today at 2:30, it was a blast. The format was different in that you added you and your partners scores together. The mulligans weren't a big help because you had to play the mulligan shot if you took one.

Jim and I won our card. I shot a 74 and he shot a 76. We played 22 holes and several are par 4's. I think course par is maybe 64 or so, not sure.

I tee at 7:30 am in the morning, first card out.

I am really looking forward to it. You have a lot of extra time playing one round per day.

All the Okies are accounted for. The weather is really nice.

More reports to come, lets git er done!!

lots of luck to ALL of the Okie Masters down there this weekend!

be SAFE
have FUN
kick @$$

jgeurin
Apr 08 2011, 08:50 AM
I think that the par on the 21 hole layout that we played yesterday would be 65 or 66. There are 2 layouts, a 27 hole layout for Fri and Sat, and a 21 hole layout for Sun. We played Sunday's layout in the doubles yesterday. Hole 20 in this layout was a long uphill safari hole that took all the old guys on our card 5 strokes to "hole out", so I'd say that would be a MG1 par 5, and there were 2 definite par 4's on the course. The rest were par 3's, but some of those are like the hole 14 at Haikey kind of par 3's, or the hole 10 at Moose Run kind of par 3's; hole 10 for example is around 500 feet long (down hill) with lots of tree trouble along the way, and a pond behind the basket. About 1 in 4 of the 900 rated players that I practiced with scored a 3 on THAT hole. A lot of the lines are so tight that a perfect shot nets you a 2, but smack a tree and you are in worlds of trouble right off the bat, and looking at a 4 or maybe even a 5. They have added some OB tape on a lot of holes to add to the potential misery.

Most of the holes are named with prison themes. A particularly long hole is called "The Green Mile". A tight technical hole is called "The Hole". There are holes called Jailbreak, Alcatraz, Conjugal Visit, etc. I think that they consulted Wayne Forest to help with the naming.

The scorecard for the 23 hole layout says that the par is 71. They have added 4 long holes in a cow pasture (2700 feet for all 4 combined) which should kick the par up to around 85 in my book. If Wayne was making up the tee signs the par would be 102 at least!

All in all it is a great course for older players, very technical, but with lots of variety, enough to make any type of player happy (or frustrated).

Well, gotta go and warm up for round 1.

Big Easy
Apr 08 2011, 09:26 AM
Yeah they put the older guys out 1st ;)

mtreat
Apr 08 2011, 08:10 PM
I tee'd off at 7:30 this morning!! First card out. We started in the cow patty as Jim called it.

Long holes that snake through trees. I threw two good shots right off that bat that both barely clipped trees and fell into bad bad places. So I started off with a 7.

It got better from then but I still had a lot of challenges I will say.

The par is 87 for the 27 hole course.

Once I was finished I notice Barry Schultz teeing of on hole 1. I followed him through 6 holes before I caught the shuttle back to my car. He throws the shots we can see but can't do. It was pretty amazing.

All and all the tournament is being ran well and I think most people are having a good time.

I think the flop the start times tomorrow so I should get to tee later, I hope.

More updates to come..

Southpaw527
Apr 09 2011, 01:50 AM
Wise made the photo gallery for day 1...the link is on the PDGA home page.

Good playing from everyone, keep it up! Show them how to throw in the wind..

pdorries
Apr 09 2011, 09:57 AM
He throws the shots we can see but can't do.

Great quote, that is what we all strive for right? I like this. And I just might steal it.

jgeurin
Apr 09 2011, 10:21 PM
It was windy today, so a lot of the OK boys moved up. Hicks, Mendoza, and Rotan all shot 89's (990 rated rounds), and Wise & Hutch shot 92's (974 rated). I thought that I was going to better my yesterday's score by 8 or 9 strokes halfway through my afternoon round, then rigor mortis started to set in, and I tanked big time. The old guys started later today, and we had long waits, lengthening our round to about 6 hours from yesterdays 4 1/2 hour round. All that sitting and waiting just makes me feel stiff and old. I shot a 106 when all the strokes were tallied, 4 worse than my 102 yesterday, and below my rating. Yesterday's score was above rating, so it averages out, I guess.

I've met some nice folks, and I am looking forward to tomorrow's 8:50 tee time.

mtreat
Apr 09 2011, 10:24 PM
Ditto what Jim said. VERY long round. We played steady from 12:42 to 6:45!!

I would have shot 5 better but two holes in a row cost me and I shot two worse.

Still having a good time. Great course that I will come back and try to tame on another day.

Looking forward to the early tee time. I plan to play my best and head back home..

twoputtok
Apr 10 2011, 12:07 AM
Happy Birthday to Hutch today. He just drank all my Crown..........

twoputtok
Apr 10 2011, 12:09 AM
To Dr. Jim, Scotty is very upset that he got no mention in your posts with his 91.

But don't worrry too much, he's been crying all night and has to babysit Hutch.

Southpaw527
Apr 10 2011, 12:34 AM
Happy Birthday Hutch

seewhere
Apr 11 2011, 12:32 PM
it was good to meet and hang out with you okies at us masters. GOOD TIMES!!!

chicks
Apr 11 2011, 04:09 PM
it was good to meet and hang out with you okies at us masters. GOOD TIMES!!!

Is that you Ware or has someone taken over your computer:) It was good to see all my Texas buddies again. Hope we meet up again somewhere down the road...

twoputtok
Apr 11 2011, 04:10 PM
It was a blast, wasn't it?

We will see you again Ware. And don't worry, it we'll be easier on you in the MPG div.

seewhere
Apr 11 2011, 06:02 PM
:) thanks I hope so..

Southpaw527
Apr 14 2011, 05:16 PM
About to get in the car and drive to Emporia Kansas for the Glass Blown Open...

Devan went down yesterday, I will be there around 10, my Dad is heading up tomorrow, not sure about everyone else.

Devan and I are staying with some guy from Texas and Matt Orum..

Everyone that is playing in the Glass Blown PLEASE leave some blog stuff on here to keep everyone back home in the loop...

pdorries
Apr 14 2011, 05:20 PM
Josh Crowl, Adam Hunt and Liz Lopez left this morning at 4am, I'm heading up there with Aaron Triska friday after 5pm. Tax madness officially ends for me tomorrow around 5pm!!

Look for okies scattered about the top of the leaderboard, I can feel it!

Barber Shop
Apr 14 2011, 06:05 PM
Josh Crowl, Adam Hunt and Liz Lopez left this morning at 4am, I'm heading up there with Aaron Triska friday after 5pm. Tax madness officially ends for me tomorrow around 5pm!!

Look for okies scattered about the top of the leaderboard, I can feel it!

Good luck to all the Okies this weekend !!
If I didn't have family responsibilities I would be up there with you guys.
Have fun and bring back some cash !!

Southpaw527
Apr 15 2011, 01:09 AM
Well we have a wild hotel...

Disc golfers have totally taken over a Best Western and we have been having lots of fun, there is a sweet upshot 5 hole course around the parking lot to grass spots..

I am staying with the Dude, Matt Orum, and Giggler.

I am playing Peter Pan tomorrow the pros need to play the temp. course on the golf course.

Southpaw527
Apr 15 2011, 07:54 PM
There was very little golf played today..

The rain lasted hours and was coming down hard, it is cold and the winds have not dropped below 35 the entire day..

We had a few guys hit up the country club course and came back after 5 holes.

After that we decided to take the day off since the rest of the weekend is not going to be like that at all..

Good luck to all Okies competing tomorrow!

Big Easy
Apr 15 2011, 10:29 PM
Played the cc temp course with winds gusting 45 - 50. Glad I like the wind.

Southpaw527
Apr 16 2011, 09:02 AM
it's cold but getting warmer, we are all up and ready to compete!

MShip
Apr 16 2011, 12:11 PM
Good Luck to all the Oklahomies!

MShip
Apr 17 2011, 12:07 AM
Dough Duff earns a 1004 rated round! Awesome!

Southpaw527
Apr 17 2011, 09:38 AM
Day 1, Devan shot well and is tied for 4th, Matt Orum shot well and is right there,Giggler shot well and is tied with Orum, I shot poorly and am in the back of the pack..

Today Adv. plays Jones Gold, the pros are on tee time for the country club....

We have several Okies at the top of several divisions so lets finish strong!

I am heading back tonight, Devan is staying 1 more night, not sure about everyone else..

Barber Shop
May 01 2011, 04:14 PM
man the ratings for the St Louis Open are jacked up.

RonSTL
May 01 2011, 06:49 PM
man the ratings for the St Louis Open are jacked up.

Yep talked to George S. today and the rating are going to be changed. Just got home from watching and it is cold and raining. It was Nikko, Coda, George S., and Bryan J. on the top card in the final round. When I left it was a total grind in the cold and rain. We shall see whom gets 2nd, because unless Nikko FarksUp it is a battle for 2nd. Saw some awesome golf before the cold and rain set in. Just and update for my friends 400 miles away.

Peace to all OKI boys,

RonSTL

mtreat
May 02 2011, 12:58 PM
Okies played well this weekend in St. Louis. Coda won second and Crowl and Hunt were not too far back.

Kevin McCoy tied McBeth at the Disc Golf Hall of Fame Classic in Appling GA, proving he can still hang in with the best..

Rod07Ger
May 11 2011, 02:09 PM
I'm curious if anyone knows if Devan Owens is going to be at the Alabama Championships this weekend or not ????? :confused:

He's not on the pre/reg list yet !!!!!

mtreat
May 11 2011, 03:01 PM
He is in route right now..

Rod07Ger
May 11 2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks Mike !!!!! I'm looking for a possible winning team for fantasy disc golf this weekend !!!!!!!

Just trying to make sure Devan was available !!!!! ;)

mtreat
May 11 2011, 06:57 PM
Hold on, he is not going. Sorry I was sure he was.

Pick another player..

Barber Shop
May 13 2011, 06:14 PM
Hold on, he is not going. Sorry I was sure he was.

Pick another player..

man, i wish i read this earlier this week. I swear I saw him on the pre reg list. man that sucks. time for round 2 of the NT fantasy disc golf :)

Southpaw527
Jun 10 2011, 11:58 AM
Well there is a rain delay right now for the first round, I am caddy for devan today , I saw paul josh and triska earlier, dude and I are staying with a local golfer in a disc golf museum/house with nikko and some other golfers. More to come later, oh we are at waterworks right now ...

Southpaw527
Jun 10 2011, 04:37 PM
First round dude shot a 6 down paul 4 down, devan is third card pqul 8th . Hot round was 10...

bravo
Jul 17 2011, 11:12 PM
adam hunt wins in texas.
devon owens wins in california

keldog
Jul 19 2011, 10:00 AM
Nice job you two
Who was the first Okie to win a NT ?

the camera guy
Jul 19 2011, 02:07 PM
Who was the first Okie to win a NT ?

McCoy, 2005 MSDGC??????

http://www.maplehillopen.com/2005-msdgc.html

ninafofitre
Jul 20 2011, 01:05 AM
Mitch McClellan FO SHO!! He's won like 8-10 NT's

MSDGC was a NT a year after I won it.
Same with the Canadian Open/Toronto Island Open, I won it in 03 and it's NT in 04,

I sure could go for some Toronto Island right about now....SICK OF THE HEAT!!!

or some TAHOE and the beautiful Big Blue Lake...BIG PROPS to the DUDE!!! Playing at elevation is a tough transition to make in one week, Especially coming from humid Kentucky the week before. Very Nice!

Southpaw527
Jul 22 2011, 11:25 PM
So Gary Harrison, Heath Whitley, and myself departed Wednesday morning for Rochester New York, we arrived at dawn Thursday.

We are staying at a full fledged disc golf home, he has a nine hole course with some really cool wooden baskets which are all lit, there are several different states represented at the house including Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.

The weather is great, we are in a record heat wave here and it's 98! Most of the day it's perfect, the weather is so nice here practically no homes have AC.

Slept for a few hours then went and played Basil. Basil was a very technical course but every single hole had a fair/defined fairway, after that round we drove over to Genesee Valley another course we play and waited for about a hour so we could sign up for their weekly mini. Gary won, Heath got 3rd plus a cash ctp! They run their mini's much differently than we do and I am excited to bring back some more fresh ideas to our club.

Today we went and played Parma, this course is probably in my top 10 favorite courses I have ever played, it is very esthetically pleasing, nice tee pads,elevation, very fair holes, and you have to use pretty much every throw you have in the bag. After that we went and played Churchville which only Gary plays but I am glad I went because it was a very fun course.

Well we have a couple courses left to see then it's chill time Monday and we begin competition Tuesday!

bravo
Aug 10 2011, 10:34 PM
devon and joe are doing well on the grand display at worlds

twoputtok
Aug 18 2011, 10:56 AM
For those of you who are not on Face Book, I wanted to let everyone know to keep the Twisted One, Joe Rotan in your prayers. While at worlds he contracted severe Poison Oak. This turned into an internal infection, through out his head area, lymphnodes, throat,sinuses and blood stream. That was two days ago. This monring early he was admitted into ICU isolation for menningitis. This is in addition to the poison oak. He will be kept in the ICU for 48 hours minimum.

He is still in California but he has Danielle there and his Mom is there.

Please keep him in your prayers.

wforest
Aug 18 2011, 11:44 AM
... PLEASE get well soon , Joe ... the World needs to be a little-more TWISTED ... always ...

bravo
Aug 22 2011, 05:17 PM
how is Joe doing now?

omegaputt
Aug 22 2011, 07:14 PM
I spoke to home earlier and he sounded 100 times better. I even got to hear the twisted laugh. He said he would still be in the hospital for a while. He's in good hands. Keep them
Prayers coming! The doctors said he was lucky. Most cases
That severe people loose there sight memory or life. Keep them prayers a coming!!

twoputtok
Aug 23 2011, 11:08 AM
Now if you could pick what part of your memory to be lost it might be okay. I have several things I wish I could forget. I'm just happy he is doing better. Which ever is the first Taco stand he hits, they better be ready.

bravo
Sep 04 2011, 09:35 AM
well it looks like all the tulsa young guns made the cut at vibram open
continue playing well gentlemen

Southpaw527
Oct 01 2011, 12:59 AM
First day of the trip. Charlie Chung and I made the trek up to Topeka this morning and played in the pre tournament doubles at Crestview Gold "we saw Adam Hunt". We shot +2 on a long course so I will let you know how we did tomorrow. After Crestview, Charlie and I walked/played a few holes at the temp. course "Mighty Shunga". B.V.A. is in route and should be here shortly..

We all play Crestview Gold in the morning and Shunga in the afternoon..We also have 2 rounds Sunday...

More info tomorrow...

Southpaw527
Feb 22 2012, 12:55 AM
Devan and I headed out Saturday and drove to Scottsdale for a couple days so we could practice the Memorial courses extra. Today we drove to Vegas and just checked into the Riviera for the week, tomorrow is practice at Sunset Park for this weekend then Sunday we head back to Arizona for The Memorial!

Tonight Dude, Paige, Liz, and myself are heading out to the strip to celebrate Fat Tuesday!

More updates to come..

Southpaw527
Feb 22 2012, 09:30 PM
So we played Sunset Park in Vegas today, it was not set up but it was fun throwing...

Heading to Pawn Stars right now then the Strip..

Southpaw527
Feb 24 2012, 09:38 PM
Well Vegas has been great so far, everyone got lots of practice and we have been going out every night enjoying the local scene..

The first round was today everyone scored well, I caddied for The Dude and he shot a 52 (-8)

There is 1 round tomorrow and 1 Sunday, both days are Tee Time...

We have hit up Pawn Stars, and some other stuff but we need to hit up Sammy's sandwich shop "craziest burgers in America" also the Belagio buffet...

Southpaw527
Feb 26 2012, 11:43 PM
Well today was the final round of the tournament, Devan finished 17th. The past week has been crazy awesome we have got lots of golf in, saw some cool places, bought some cool stuff, and gambled probably more than we should have...

Tonight is our last night in Vegas so we are going to have some fun, then it's off to Arizona in the morning to get some practice in since The Memorial starts Wednesday! I am excited because I am ready to play.

Well more to come from Arizona...

We hope everyone is playing well back home.

wforest
Mar 02 2012, 04:14 PM
... looks like Matthew surprising a lot of folks ... running well in the pack ... Devan also ... way to go , fellers ...