"higher"

: ) :

MTL21676
May 31 2005, 02:30 PM
Get white
get red

bruceuk
May 31 2005, 02:30 PM
"Nice up" on any putt-able distance shot that gets no metal and lands limply at the base of the pole :D

MTL21676
May 31 2005, 02:31 PM
and my personal favorite - "Good Stop" :D

I love how ppl act like that's hard to do...."nice stop"

"gee thanks, it's really hard to stop walking"

MTL21676
May 31 2005, 02:32 PM
when someone throws a TERRIBLE shot

"get in"

Anytime I hit something unintentionally I say, "Got it!" as if I did it on purpose.

cbdiscpimp
Here are a few of my personal favorites!!! I use these buy the way.

TURN OVER ( used only in casual play or tournaments where you KNOW everyone. Its said only when someones disc needs to turn over but is already hyzering out into the shule ) You had to be there when it started to understand.

Get Skippy With It!!!

Nestle!!!

Get Greasy ( when shanked and hoping to get threw the shule )

Get LOCAL!!! ( See above explanation )

Nice Tree!!! ( when a shot was usually thrown off coarse or too hard and a tree helped it out )

Be A FREAKIN *whatever disc was just thrown* ( when either shanked or the disc doesnt do what it normaly would )

PAN!!! PAN!!! PAN!!! ( you had to be at world in Iowa and within yelling distance of my when I was on the double up hole to understand this one )

m_conners
May 31 2005, 02:33 PM
lol!!!

"Nice up" is a good one, especially when it's from a "makeable" distance.

DweLLeR
May 31 2005, 02:44 PM
"Awwww, ****, no flippy!"

Referencing the Soup N-a-z-i ......Jerry Seinfeld

"No flippy for you, one year!"

:mad:

krazyeye
May 31 2005, 02:49 PM
"Bitter" when a putt hits the top of the basket and falls to the ground. The opposite of "sweet".

twoputtok
May 31 2005, 02:50 PM
My favorite for the Innova baskets is "you freaking yellow banded bastard." or YBB! :D

Pablo
May 31 2005, 02:54 PM
Nice up has been popular with my buddies and I when someone shorted a putt inside 40 or so, and is always funny, especially when the guy either can't take or doesn't get the joke. My personal favorite, though, was overheard on 13 this weekend--"nice UP! Straight from the OB into the pond!" Yeah, it was personal. Nice thread Mike. Thanks for the reminder.

Lyle O Ross
May 31 2005, 02:59 PM
From the 2003 USDGC DVD, "treenied."

MTL21676
May 31 2005, 03:01 PM
one of the videos someone said "dejected"

Best Line I've ever heard after a shot

This past weekend, Sjur from the friZZaks aced and then said "That was sick like 2 *****"

one of the best lines of all time

eddie_ogburn
May 31 2005, 03:14 PM
filter.

Jeff_Peters
May 31 2005, 03:22 PM
"STYMIED" - Like when you drive hits a large tree and ends up right behind the trunk, forcing you to go to "trick-shooting" methods, you have been stymied.

Jeff_Peters
May 31 2005, 03:24 PM
I like to say "nice play" when someone marks their disc and flipps the disc previously thrown back in the vicinity of their bag.

Znash
May 31 2005, 03:31 PM
Get skinny

Znash
May 31 2005, 03:35 PM
Nice putt when it's a ten footer with no wind.

Znash
May 31 2005, 03:36 PM
Worm burner, grass cutting.

vinnie
May 31 2005, 03:54 PM
heal!

danniestacey
May 31 2005, 04:03 PM
nestle

Znash
May 31 2005, 04:14 PM
GET DOWN!!!!

Znash
May 31 2005, 04:18 PM
The best one ever

<font color="red">DON'T TALK TO MY DISC!!!!!!!!! </font>

gnduke
May 31 2005, 04:55 PM
"My disc listens to you...
... Is there something I should know about ?"

johnnyboge
May 31 2005, 04:57 PM
When someone in your group throws a short, weak drive, you say "Nice shot....so, does your husband play too?"

cbdiscpimp
May 31 2005, 05:00 PM
This weekend in Ludington I told my disc "Get to ACEING" and it proceede to SLAM into the cage :D

I like

Nice Putt Did your skirt get in the way???

May 31 2005, 05:08 PM
what no one said:
" that was F A T " (first available tree) :D
oldy but a goody from worlds 2000

discgeez
May 31 2005, 05:21 PM
When you want your shot to slow down "pull a hamstring" :D

May 31 2005, 05:26 PM
or how about when your shots 50ft wide or short or deep and you hear (GET IN THE BUCKET!!) by your buds /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Znash
May 31 2005, 05:31 PM
Nice shoot short dic<font color="black">k</font>, when some one throws short of the basket.

MTL21676
May 31 2005, 05:33 PM
with all these phrases, I hope if I ever play with you I play really well so I don't have to hear them.

Znash
May 31 2005, 05:37 PM
Most of them are from when I sucked and every one used them on me except for the short [email protected] one that's mine.

Parkntwoputt
May 31 2005, 05:47 PM
When someone has a "timing" issue.

"Nice drive....too bad it was in the wrong direction." /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

After a round.

"Well I just ruined a perfectly good walk in the park." :mad:

May 31 2005, 06:14 PM
"You're still out."

wilma
May 31 2005, 07:13 PM
My muscle memory has altzheimers :confused:

quickdisc
May 31 2005, 07:20 PM
All -Hyzers !!!!!!! It's what Golfers get when brain tired !!!!

Lyle O Ross
May 31 2005, 07:20 PM
Whenever I hear someone yelling at their disc during or after a bad shot, I like to remind them that positive reinforcement works a lot better than negative reinforcement.

Good disc, good disc...

Lyle O Ross
May 31 2005, 07:21 PM
"You're still out."

That's just plain cruel!

quickdisc
May 31 2005, 07:26 PM
" Should have thrown my Red disc , instead of my Yellow one".

May 31 2005, 07:52 PM
I have to pat myself on the back for one (<--I do that well) 2 weeks ago after Boobs threw his 8 horrible shot in a row, I asked the question "Did you get some drawws last night, because your throwing like you have an overflow of estrogen build up"

:D:o:D

May 31 2005, 07:55 PM
http://24.104.40.44/joenamethstruggling.wav

tafe
May 31 2005, 07:59 PM
I'm playing doubles and my (somewhat new) partner is telling my disc to, "Turn, TURN!!!" as it's going to the right. I say, "Shut up! It's already turning. I need it to flex and you're just confusing it!!!" It was pretty funny and we all got a good laugh.

May 31 2005, 08:16 PM
Doubles partner told me once after missing his putt,

"Your up, make this putt or I will kick your arse."

The use of body gestures and leaning (futile movements to fix a disc's flight path) got me this one once. The disc actually did what the body wanted.

"Man, you had that on a string."

hawkgammon
May 31 2005, 10:43 PM
Nice line.

For any putt that pings the pole that would have gone in if it had been 3 feet higher.

You want me to clear that?

On the tee after an ace.

Bill Boyd!

For any drive that starts out 3" of the ground and only gets out about 30-50'. In honor of the Rockburn course "pro".

Yankanator.

Any drive that goes off at a 45+ degree angle.

Nice D.

A really hard drive that hits a tree 50-75' off the tee.

May 31 2005, 10:54 PM
When you get high in a tree and tell the disc to STICK

May 31 2005, 11:07 PM
Nice Tree!!! ( when a shot was usually thrown off coarse or too hard and a tree helped it out )

Ahh yes, the tree love. You either get yourself good tree luvin' or no tree luvin'

TravisGrindle12
May 31 2005, 11:39 PM
Slater, boobs, JJ and I were playing a practice round at ceder hills when Scott predicts how well his shot is going to be and he proceeds to hit a tree 15ft down the fairway. I say....

OH Thats Discraft :eek: :eek: :eek:

sandalman
May 31 2005, 11:42 PM
after sticking 40' up in a tree right above the pin...

2005: ouch dude, what was that?!? thats gonna hurt!

2006: AWESOME SHOT BRO!

CAMBAGGER
May 31 2005, 11:50 PM
How bout..."It looked good till ya threw it"...or "good thing you've got a partner" "You got any mulligans left?"
The true classic come out during a tourney round, gotta love the chit talkers, it keeps it fun.

jmonny
Jun 01 2005, 12:19 AM
I don't believe anyone's mentioned "SIMMA" yet. Of course this is what you yell when you obviously overthrew your shot.

The opposite, when it looked like a strong shot but hyzered out weakly. "It petered out on me"

jmonny
Jun 01 2005, 12:32 AM
Some of the best phrases come up during warm up tosses before a casual round with your group. Here's some:

"I think you meant something like this".....(throw)
"This one's for you babe".....(throw)
"Goin for the Glory" (singing)
"Here's what myths are made of"......(throw)

mdgnome
Jun 01 2005, 12:35 AM
"be a firebird" that's about the only disc i call out anyway.Occasionaly i whisper in a calm manner "FLIP U SOB" :eek:

jdtitan
Jun 01 2005, 12:38 AM
Played in a mini on Sunday, and a pretty good player took FIVE 2MRs (real men in TX will always use it) in one round! It was so unfathomable that we were all joking about it after the third one and he tried to laugh it off saying "must be all the karma from killing that guy last night." One of the other guys replyed "Was the guy an arborist or something?!" We were all playing so poorly it was the highlight of the morning.

lowe
Jun 01 2005, 12:31 PM
From the archives:

� BOB - Back of the Box. Last to throw
� CFR - Candy Fund Raiser. Special Innova candy plastic discs to raise funds.
� CTP - Closest to the Pole
� DL- Dead Last (sanitized version of DFL)
� FAT - First Available Tree
� HBBD - Home Boy Bag Drop - A place to leave your disc bag when you have to a long walk to the tee and will be coming back to the same area after your throw. The home players of a course know this spot and put their bags down, but new players carry their bag to the tee and back.
� LB - Lucky Bounce. When your disc bounces off a tree in such a way that it helps you.
� MAC - Mid Air Correction. Caused by hitting a tree. It�s usually bad, but sometimes good.
� NPR - No Putt Required
� PDS - Poor Disc Selection
� PGA - Pretty Good Approach
� SED - Seeing Eye Disc. A shot that sneaks its way through the trees in a remarkable way.
� WCP - World Class Par
� YSA - You�re Still Away

� Annie � anhyzer
� Bogey Sandwich - A scorecard that reads: 2 4 4 2 for any four consecutive holes for par the hard way.
� Bowling � Rolling
� Big Fat McNasty - There are numerous uses for this�a stagnant pond, a knotty tree, a gusty wind...
� Black Ace- when your first throw goes in the basket of the wrong hole.
� Cabbage �The undergrowth off the fairway. (same as �shule�, �spinach�)
� Chastity belt -n. the yellow band on top of the Innova basket
� Clank - v. The sickening sound that a putt makes when it hits the yellow chastity belt at the top of an Innova Discatcher doesn't go in. As in "I clanked it"
� Coondogging - when your roller hits the trunk of a tree
� Dinner's ready- when your putt hits the number plate square and it makes that ding sound. (Same as �doink� and �Hit the nickel�)
� Doink � A putt that hits the number plate (same as �Dinner�s ready� and �Hit the nickel�)
� Edgie- When the disc dives sharply and sticks into the ground on it�s edge (same as �tombstone�)
� Fly-By: putt correct height, poor aim.
� Fluke deuce- a lucky two that you got from a fortunate bounce toward the basket.
� Four with a Twist- Taking a circle four, three shots plus an O.B. stroke.
� Gaack -v. miss typically a short putt. As in �I gaacked that putt�
� Georged - when you fail to �watch out for that tree�
� Grenade- any shot that is high and fall fast straight down to the ground
� Handful- 5 strokes on a hole.
� Head Banger - when your drive lands under the basket and you might bang you head on the basket as you pick it up.
� Hit the nickel - when your putt hits the number plate square and it makes that ding sound. (Same as �Dinner�s ready� and �Doink�)
� Hockey stick- seven throws on one hole.
� Homeboy route- a shot with good results through a narrow opening in trees.
� Horking -adj. a monstrous throw. As in �horking hyzer�.
� "I believe you're away" - said to a friend who hits the tree five feet in front of the tee
� Jekyll and Hyde round � one nine is great and the other nine is a monster.
� Knife shot - vertical hyzer
� Locals route: taking a not recommended line that somehow gets you to the basket.
� Lumberjacking - when you�re hitting nothing but trees.
� Makin' Minis: when one disc lands on another (it looks like the discs are humping.)
� Mirkwood forest- that place in the woods where, if you throw there, you can never get your disc back.
� Mullet-n.- A pro that doesn�t cash, so he pays his entry fees to others. It refers to being in the "feeder pool" or being "bait fish". Synonyms: donor, sucker, shark bait. As in �Don't be a mullet!�
� To �nice� someone � v. As in �You niced me". An apparently nice shot that everyone comments on...NICE SHOT...while it�s still in flight. But then suddenly hits something no one expected.
� Nickel � getting 5 on a hole
� Noodlearm - Player with no "D�.
� Nuclear shule � extremely bad rough.
� Pachinko, Pin Ball - hitting several trees
� Paper plate (n) 1. an extremely understable disc; 2. commonly a lighter weight, beat-up disc
� Pig-Putt �n. a putt that's weak! weak! weak! (best results when spoken with an inhale).
� Pinball � a shot that hits several trees.
� Pinball Wizard � after someone�s shot hits multiple trees.
� Pringled - when you smack the disc hard into a tree
� Rooted - when the tree root stops your skip shot
� Sally/(sallied) v. - when your drive/putt comes up way short
� Saturn - a score of 6 (6th planet) with "rings" (OB circle(s))
� Secret Squirrel- a shot that SOMEHOW goes through the biggest bunch of shule and emerges on the same line it entered and ends up parked!
� Seeing eye disc- a shot that miraculously makes it through a thick set of trees.
� Shank- any shot that does not do what you wanted.
� Shule - heavy undergrowth off the fairway (same as �cabbage�, �spinach�).
� Skittle (also skibble). The action of a disc grinding a long way on the dirt/ground on the way to the pin. Usually shouted as a command for the disc to travel farther on the ground (for example, "SKITTLE!)
� Sneak- in flight instruction to the disc to avoid anything with leaves and/or bark
� Snob � a throw with the nose of the disc up
� Snowman - a natural score of 8
� Snowangel - a score of 8 with a "halo" (OB circle(s))
� Spinach � bushes, trees, and undergrowth. As in "That's in the spinach." (same as �cabbage�, �shule�).
� Squirrel killer - a roller shot that runs up the trunk of a tree (same as �coondogging�).
� Taco - v. To smash a disc into a tree so that it folds like a taco. A saying that goes with this is �Need some sauce for that taco?�
� �That wasn't there last time I played this hole" and "Was that there when I teed off?"- said when hitting some long time obvious obstacle like a tree off the tee.
� Tombstone- a disc that impales the ground, and remains standing on edge, usually stuck in the wet ground/mud a few inches. (same as �Edgie�)
� Tournament Roll - When your disc hits the basket and rolls farther away than your original shot
� Treeflection - the tree gives good kick
� Treejection - the tree gives bad kick
� Treejectory - when your redirected by the branch
� Tree-mendous - when your errant shot finds wood and bounces in an auspicious way
� Valet service - When you park your drive under the basket

m_conners
Jun 01 2005, 12:44 PM
wow!

MTL21676
Jun 01 2005, 01:59 PM
well, this thread is done now.

md21954
Jun 01 2005, 02:05 PM
yesterday, a fellow golfer's disc got stuck at the very top of a 30-35' cedar. he climbed up a little, tried to shake it out, no luck. a little higher, no luck. a little higher, again, no luck. so he finally gets to the top of the cedar, he's all scraped up, sweaty and dirty, and finally shakes the disc loose.

then i holler up to him, "thirty seconds!" :eek:

md21954
Jun 01 2005, 02:06 PM
Enterprise Service -- we'll pick you up.

gnduke
Jun 01 2005, 02:23 PM
From Worlds in Des Moines after a shanked drive that landed behind a thick wall of shule on Big Creek.

"You're parked at Walgreens."

Parkntwoputt
Jun 01 2005, 02:49 PM
You forgot one

Wedgie - A shot that sticks in the basket but wedged between the metal bars on the side of the basket, usually done with a really soft disc such as a Blowfly or Omega SS.

It counts only if you can get to the disc before it pops out.

Alacrity
Jun 01 2005, 03:08 PM
"Get new" or sometimes "Get Legs" when a disc refuses to hyzer out of a straight throw. Not sure where these came from or what they mean.

YSOF - You're Still Out Fool (cleaned up)
I bet you could catch that one - When the wind picks up your disc and it takes off for neverland.
Double circle snow man - One of those you don't want to say when someone is calling for scores.

One of the funniest lines I ever heard on the course..."You know when my wife and I got married we were virgins, and after 15 years of marriage I am happy to say that we have stayed that way." I laughed so hard that I almost failed to meet the 30 secs to throw.

I carry two large mini's that I could use at anytime, someone once told me that they had "Minis envy".

sandalman
Jun 01 2005, 03:41 PM

FALSE! it counts if it comes to rest. just like a disc at rest on the ground that is picked up and moved by a big wind.

bschweberger
Jun 01 2005, 03:46 PM
I haven't read the entire thread Yet, but got to use the classic NC term....Filter.

slo
Jun 01 2005, 04:03 PM
"BITE!"

...it's exactly the same as "Flex!", just for a roller. ;)

jakewalsdorf
Jun 01 2005, 04:30 PM
"Parallel Parked" - Really parked next to the basket

bambam
Jun 01 2005, 04:34 PM

FALSE! it counts if it comes to rest. just like a disc at rest on the ground that is picked up and moved by a big wind.

FALSE! According to 803.12B, "The disc must also remain within the chains or entrapment sections until removed", if the disc were to become dislodged from the side of the bucket and fall to the ground before the thrower removed it, the putt would not count.

neonnoodle
Jun 01 2005, 04:49 PM
Couple quickies:

Walking passed another players drive 35 feet off the tee:

�Drop One?�

Shot through trees when leaves are chopped off:

�Choppin� Lettuce.�

After a crush drive over the horizon: �That got small��

Walking off the tee after you have been informed that you are not up yet:

�It�s all clear.�

Call to a disc that refuses to hyzer out:

�BEND!!!�

gnduke
Jun 01 2005, 04:52 PM
This all goes back to the basket being considered a playing surface. The last thing I got from the RC said that it wasn't so the "at rest" argument does not work here. As I understand it, even if the disc is hanging in the chains and gets knocked out by another disc, it is played from where it comes to rest on the playing surface.

Always pull your plastic, just in case.

neonnoodle
Jun 01 2005, 05:02 PM
That's not what I heard. A disc within 2 meters of the playing surface get's returned to exactly where it was. If it was holed out, then that is where it get's put back. DROT, then placed back up there. ETC.

Let's double check this...

gnduke
Jun 01 2005, 05:16 PM
It's 803.07 Disc Above the Playing Surface
A. If a disc comes to rest above the playing surface in a tree or other object on the course, its lie shall be marked on the playing surface directly below it. ...

and 803.06 Interference
B. If a disc at rest on the playing surface is moved, the disc shall be replaced as close as possible to its original location, as determined by a majority of the group or an official....

Only discs at rest on the playing surface are replaced if moved. The basket as a playing surface issue was related to a DROT question asked of the RC and specifically asked about the top of the basket, not the target area. There may be some difference, but with the wordig of the holing out rules I don't think there is.

deathbypar
Jun 01 2005, 05:20 PM
WABBY

weak ss itch

spartan
Jun 01 2005, 05:25 PM
someone shanks a drive and then you yell, "It's dry!" when there is no water in site.

MTL21676
Jun 01 2005, 05:29 PM
LEts say there is an anny hole...

guy throws a shot and its starts to hyzer hard.

I love to yell "flip"

kinda nerdy

MTL21676
Jun 01 2005, 05:29 PM

I love to yell "flip"

kinda nerdy

spartan
Jun 01 2005, 05:38 PM

I love to yell "flip"

kinda nerdy and kinda assholeish at the same time

"get old!"

zzgolfer
Jun 01 2005, 09:59 PM
Jesus shot.... when you skip of water and land inbounds.

Jun 01 2005, 10:20 PM
"Ever been to Utah?? Because that's Park City!!"

Jun 01 2005, 10:21 PM
After a shank, "Oooooh. That's shuulsville."

jdtitan
Jun 01 2005, 11:08 PM
When a shot goes in with no chains
"Chains? Wee don' need no steenkin' CHAINS!!!"

Jun 01 2005, 11:27 PM
When someone's shot goes way off course, where there are few visitors...
"Trail Blazer" or
"That's a different Line"

hawkgammon
Jun 01 2005, 11:46 PM
When someone's shot goes way off course, where there are few visitors...

Also known as the "locals route."

Another favorite...

I can miss this putt.

Usually said walking up to a 12'er.

Dick
Jun 02 2005, 12:54 AM
"access denied!" when you try to get through some trees and it gets stopped dead.

secret squirrel route - you needed your decoder ring to get that shot through the trees!

billfold - to throw away a good lead on the last few holes(named for course pro bill boyd

boyd'd that one! - to crank a worm burner ala BB

blute it - to totally shank your shot, named for our long lost blute, who moved to OK it is said...

Dick
Jun 02 2005, 12:56 AM
in your best english ball golf announcer impersonation - "he's not gonna like that one bit, jim"

wilma
Jun 02 2005, 08:15 AM
"Damnit Jim I'm a Doctor not a disc golfer"

circle_2
Jun 02 2005, 11:26 AM
A fellow master threw a rather low non-worm-burner-shot and yelled, "Come on Granpa, GET UP!"

I still use my favorite 'non'-cuss word, especially last night..."FLOCK!!!"

wander
Jun 02 2005, 12:02 PM
I'm partial to "Willie," AKA an "early release" heading south quickly.

In honor of the Willie Horton presedential controversy of a few years back.

A "Sonny Bono." Dead nuts into a tree at a high rate of speed.

Morbid but worth a chuckle.

august
Jun 02 2005, 12:21 PM
in your best english ball golf announcer impersonation - "he's not gonna like that one bit, jim"

The English golf announcer phrase I like so much is one I heard during the British Open one year when someone made a bogie....

"Another chink in the armour."

Jun 02 2005, 11:22 PM
"Be prepared, to be ammused" :D

neonnoodle
Jun 03 2005, 09:34 AM
When a shot goes in with no chains
"Chains? Wee don' need no steenkin' CHAINS!!!"

Or a Bill Yerdism for the same shot:
"Chains are for the bedroom..."

Jun 03 2005, 10:25 AM
"You're still out."

:eek: :D :D:D we have a winner

Jun 03 2005, 10:38 AM
after sticking 40' up in a tree right above the pin...

2005: ouch dude, what was that?!? thats gonna hurt!

<font color="blue"> 2005: you need to work on your shots, but nice par </font>

2006: AWESOME SHOT BRO!

<font color="blue"> 2006: if you did that on purpose, why not just hit the chains? otherwise -- you'll have to carry 18 drivers per round :eek: If that was an accident, I'll bet this will be your last birdie today </font>

sandalman
Jun 03 2005, 10:45 AM
if you did that on purpose, why not just hit the chains?

rob, its so good to see you still cant/wont get it.

Jun 03 2005, 10:54 AM
rob, its so good to see you still cant/wont get it.

LOL. How many times have you witnessed a disc stuck 40 feet directly above the basket? Evidently the RC with all their years of experience aren't as worried about the 1 disc out of a 1000 as they are the other 999.

PS: or was your comment about one of my putts? if so that's a good one :D

neonnoodle
Jun 03 2005, 11:09 AM
Rob,

You willing to chip in on a box of tissues to send to Pat for after the rules get updated next year?

Seems like he is really going to miss folks getting penalty strokes for a 1 centimeter elevation difference... ;)

cromwell
Jun 03 2005, 03:42 PM
2 good ones off the MSDGC dvd...

-) Chris Heeren throws a disc that turns right and goes towards the silver basket (2 baskets on every hole, gold basket was a hyzer shot). Another groupmate asks "we're going to the gold basket, right?" I thought his response was great too... "yeah, that's what's called an 'Oops'."

-) Brinster driving hole 5 at maple hill, big anny over the water and the shot needs to get through two trees about 15 feet off the tee. Disc cracks one of the trees on the drive and falls back on land right in front of him: points and says "Got it"

:D

Jun 03 2005, 04:42 PM
"You're still out."

:eek: :D :D:D we have a winner

Wow, I feel like a jerk now, I've been saying that to people for a while now... of course, they're usually people that don't seem to get that they need to throw again because they're still out, but still... i suppose it is kind of a [*****]head thing to say... oops.

Jun 03 2005, 04:45 PM
"Take your skirt off and throw."

-To someone who is taking too long figuring out what shot/disc to use...

cbdiscpimp
Jun 03 2005, 04:57 PM
After you park a hole someone if your group says

"Thats a pretty good shot if you like getting 2s"

or how about after a horribly shanked drive way into the woods the infamous "Dont worry about it I can three from there" (when they KNOW its next to impossible to get a 3 from where their shot went )

esalazar
Jun 03 2005, 04:59 PM
-treejected!!
- nice up shot , on a 20' doink putt!!

circle_2
Jun 03 2005, 06:01 PM
Errant drives make for spectacular birdies!!

quickdisc
Jun 03 2005, 09:29 PM
"Yea , nice shot". For anything that goes in !!!!!

"Don't talk to my Disc". Like its going to listen to anybody.

"Can I use your Towel"? For something they stepped in , and not Mud !!! :eek:

Blarg
Jun 04 2005, 06:24 PM
"You got some tree love" -- when hitting a tree helps your shot (also "rock love," etc.)

For shots (usually tee shots) that land very close to the pin:
"Utah," (for park city), "Valet," or "call the valet" (parked), "Pimped," (pinned or at the pin), "Poleland" (as in 'you're in pole land'), "Birdland," or "you're in Birdland," or "welcome to Birdland."
(drive lands close to the pole).
Here're some others that I think are unique to my local:
Yelling 'Toto,' when you want your disc to 'hold the line.'
'That's a Willie Nelson,' for when your disc lands 'on the road again.'
'Stained,' which came from 'pimped' which became 'pimp-stain' which became 'Stained' (don't ask).
'Toilet bowl' birdie or ace or putt for when the disc goes in the basket and circles around the pole with no chains involved.
"That's an Ernie." For a disc that's about ten feet away from the pin. Just a little too long for a 'gimme.' Originated from my noticing one of our players who likes to play fast and who will pick up everybody's disc if the disc is somewhere near the basket. Used to annoy me as a beginner, as I needed practice with those 10-15 footers (still do!). :D
Is that an Ernie?

the_kid
Jun 05 2005, 03:12 PM
"That disc was thirsty" and my favorite "You SUCK" :D

jdtitan
Jun 05 2005, 03:31 PM
When obviously headed toward the water - "ah, it was dirty anyway."

LOL. How many times have you witnessed a disc stuck 40 feet directly above the basket?

Last week. Circle C #6. Dale Hemmeline and I stuck within 12" of each other 30' above and 2' from the basket. I almost knocked his out. There should always be penalties for this. ALWAYS

Jun 05 2005, 09:00 PM
sounds like a design issue. move the pin or make that tree OB. Better yet, put an OB mulch area beneathe the tree so all discs hitting there get stroked and up to 1 meter of relief.
(that way we avoid the counterintuitive idea that 1.9 meters up is fine, 2.1 meters up is not)

till then throw your discs at a height of 1.9 meters or lower

sandalman
Jun 05 2005, 09:22 PM
spoken like a fool who has one tree per course.

ROB, ARE YOU NUTZ??? have you never seen a course with trees??? trees close to the pin, heck FORESTS close to the pin, are a way of life here, and in many places. get a grip!

quickdisc
Jun 05 2005, 09:37 PM

Disc Golf courses are not always fair.

Some Disc Golf courses ( some may say all ) are designed to play around and through obsticles.

Ball Golf courses are designed to be played to avoid absticles.

Way of life.

Some courses have hardly any trees , others have Forrests !!!!!

Run Forrest , Run !!!!!!!!!!! :D

You know what I mean.

Sharky
Jun 05 2005, 10:56 PM
For when it is a gimme by whatever "standards" you are using:
"Enterprise service"
(We'll pick you up!)

Jun 06 2005, 12:19 AM
spoken like a fool who has one tree per course.

ROB, ARE YOU NUTZ??? have you never seen a course with trees??? trees close to the pin, heck FORESTS close to the pin, are a way of life here, and in many places. get a grip!

My home course is Idlewild. Your the one who needs to get a grip. In the B tier tournament last weekend which Matt Balkely won and where Justin Bunnell smoked the Idlewild course record from the longs, I witnessed one instance of someone being suspended above 2 meters and his disc was about 6 feet 10 inches high.

If you wanted to argue anything above 3 meters is a stroke (the original rule) or anything above 30cm is a stroke -- fine.
However the RC has considered this for years and have decided that a penalty for being suspended above 2 meters should not be our default rule. I concur wholeheartedly. You disagree. can you at least respect those who disagree with you or do you really have to call me a fool and them Fules?

As far as I am concerned, the 2006 rule book will be better with the 2 meter rule relegated to the glossary as a TD option when deemed necessary. Thank goodness that is what is going to happen :D iow, you're still out :D

sandalman
Jun 06 2005, 12:40 AM
i'm still out, but youre still wrong. i can live with that.

your counter proposal of 3M or 30cm reveals the lack of integrity in your whole argument. why is 2.99 vs 3.01 OK, or 29.99 vs 30.01 OK, but 1.99 vs 2.01 not?

the rules committee may have argued it for years. their changing the rule in 2006 does NOT mean they came to a decision. it is as divided as ever... as evidenced by the keeping of the rule so that it may be applied when necessary.

btw, what does your description of the recent tournament have to do with anything?

Jun 06 2005, 01:07 AM
Favorite:

"oh boy, that disc has issues"
/msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

quickdisc
Jun 06 2005, 01:22 AM
A guy talking to his disc :

"If you don't produce , your out of the Bag" !!!!
:eek:

wilma
Jun 06 2005, 01:28 AM
sky pilot

Jun 06 2005, 02:10 AM
the rules committee may have argued it for years. their changing the rule in 2006 does NOT mean they came to a decision. it is as divided as ever... as evidenced by the keeping of the rule so that it may be applied when necessary.

Um ... the RC HAS come to a decision; they HAVE NOT reached a consensus decision.

sounds like a design issue. move the pin or make that tree OB. Better yet, put an OB mulch area beneathe the tree so all discs hitting there get stroked and up to 1 meter of relief.

I strongly suspect you haven't thought through the rules implications of declaring a tree that overhangs a basket OB. Given the rules complications involved, from both a TD's and a player's standpoint, it is extremely improbable that such trees will ever be declared OB.

Jun 06 2005, 03:11 AM
i'm still out, but youre still wrong. i can live with that.

<font color="blue"> your opinion is noted :p </font>

your counter proposal of 3M or 30cm reveals the lack of integrity in your whole argument. why is 2.99 vs 3.01 OK, or 29.99 vs 30.01 OK, but 1.99 vs 2.01 not?

<font color="blue"> your interpreting your inability to comprehend the point of my counter argument as indicative of a lack of integrity on my part reveals your own lack of integrity :p </font>

<font color="blue"> the RC came to a decision to eliminate the 2 meter rule. It wasn't unanimous, but it was a majority. the only reason the 2 meter rule isn't already obselete is because a new rule book could not be printed in time for the 2005 season.

3 meters is less disagreeable to me because it is a height at which reach becomes an issue. i doubt there are many adult male disc golfers who can't leap to a height of 2.1 meters to quickly retrieve a disc. If penalizing discs suspended above the playing surface truly makes sense -- then 30cm seems more reasonable than 2 meters. Tall grass you say? then don't throw it there.

The simplest solution is to eliminate the 2 meter rule. For the exception you are so fond of citing -- sticking 40 feet above the pin -- the law of averages will do such people in over the course of 4 rounds. for every lucky one that sticks, 20 will be deflected far off course </font>

btw, what does your description of the recent tournament have to do with anything?

<font color="blue"> Idlewild is probably one of the most densely foliated courses in the world, so my description of the tournament there had to do with your silly assumption that i am unfamiliar with courses that have trees on them :p </font>

Jun 06 2005, 03:14 AM

I strongly suspect you haven't thought through the rules implications of declaring a tree that overhangs a basket OB. Given the rules complications involved, from both a TD's and a player's standpoint, it is extremely improbable that such trees will ever be declared OB.

[/QUOTE]

<font color="blue"> in that case Felix, moving the pin 10 to 20 feet in order to update the course design with respect to the latest/greatest rules would be the solution :D</font>

Jun 06 2005, 10:51 AM
<font color="blue"> in that case Felix, moving the pin 10 to 20 feet in order to update the course design with respect to the latest/greatest rules would be the solution :D</font>

[/QUOTE]</font>All that does is addresses the problem for a particular tree; it does not address the problem for any and all trees in the vicinity of a basket generally.

I've never played Idlewild, so I don't know the tree density there, but if what you state about the tree density is true, is it realistically possible to move the baskets so that NO trees or branches are within 10m of the basket without cutting down any trees or cutting off existing branches?

gnduke
Jun 06 2005, 10:55 AM
As stated somewhere else, the 2m rule is also an option for defined areas (like a 10m circle aroudn every basket) with either a penalty stroke, or a drop zone, or both.

sandalman
Jun 06 2005, 11:10 AM
better than that, its available for use on the entire course!

Jun 06 2005, 11:12 AM
Thread topic:

Best "Phrases/Terms" during round

I think you guys are looking for the "Catfight over the 2m rule here!" thread...

Dick
Jun 06 2005, 11:13 AM
From the rules of golf:

BALL UNPLAYABLE

If you believe your ball is unplayable outside a water hazard (and you are the sole judge), you may under penalty of one stroke, (a) drop within two club-lengths of where the ball lies not nearer the hole, (b) drop any distance behind the point where the ball lay keeping a straight line between the hole, the point where the ball lay and the spot on which the ball is dropped, or (c) replay the shot. If your ball is in a bunker you may proceed under (a), (b) and (c). However, if you elect to proceed under (a) or (b) you must drop in the bunker.

thus, if your disc is unplayable or not on the ground you take a stroke and get 2m relief. period. this would be the sensible way to eliminate this. if you don't like penalty strokes, don't throw it where you can't mark a lie. a rule like this would eliminate the 2m rule and the other relief rules.

Dick
Jun 06 2005, 11:15 AM
oops, i thought i was on the 2m rule thread! :D

ok, here's a funny one: that's a climber!

Jun 06 2005, 01:25 PM
"That's why that tree leans that way" Used when the person teeing off hits the first tree and that tree leans toward the basket.

"It's Rolling!" Used when the person teeing off prematurely congratulates himself for parking a basket on a slope and doesnt watch the disc till the end. Guaranteed to have him turn around and check.
"Throwler" Used for a shot that was supposed to roll but ends up being an ugly air shot.

MTL21676
Jun 06 2005, 01:27 PM
One of cuTT's and myself's favorites...

"Looked good from here"

I'm sure that means it was closer that it actually was.

jdtitan
Jun 06 2005, 02:47 PM
When you hit a long shot o finish up a really tough hole...
"The whipped cream on a pile of (poop.)"

Jun 06 2005, 03:06 PM
When you let a great shot go, and you know it's going to come close to an obstacle, but if it clears it, then it'll be parked...then someone says"Nice" before it has passed the obstacle...It then decides to hit the obstacle and roll backwards 50 feet....Then the "nice" person says, "sorry, I nice'd it"... /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

justingill
Jun 06 2005, 03:21 PM
after hitting a tree, my buddy THE TREE, goes up to the tree he just hit and HUGS IT! i ask him what the HELL he is doing and he replies:

'Dude, trees need love too!!'

-or-

'GET IT'

-or-

Polecat magic!

-or-

when you're watching somebody's roller tearing down the fairway:
'dun dunda dunda dunda da dah!'

-or-

that one bounced more than baywatch boobies!

-or-

'i just can't get it up today'

PRICELESS!

neonnoodle
Jun 06 2005, 03:33 PM
From the rules of golf:

BALL UNPLAYABLE

If you believe your ball is unplayable outside a water hazard (and you are the sole judge), you may under penalty of one stroke, (a) drop within two club-lengths of where the ball lies not nearer the hole, (b) drop any distance behind the point where the ball lay keeping a straight line between the hole, the point where the ball lay and the spot on which the ball is dropped, or (c) replay the shot. If your ball is in a bunker you may proceed under (a), (b) and (c). However, if you elect to proceed under (a) or (b) you must drop in the bunker.

thus, if your disc is unplayable or not on the ground you take a stroke and get 2m relief. period. this would be the sensible way to eliminate this. if you don't like penalty strokes, don't throw it where you can't mark a lie. a rule like this would eliminate the 2m rule and the other relief rules.

So Rich, what do you do when your disc is at rest 1.5 meters off the ground or even 3 centimeters? Isn't that equally "Unplayable" under your definition?

Disc is flying straight into the foliage of a bunch of trees and you want it to go through:

"MAGIC!"

Dick
Jun 06 2005, 04:24 PM
fine, so i'm not a rocket scientist. let's just keep the 2m rule then and award relief if it is over 2m.

gnduke
Jun 06 2005, 04:30 PM
Just repeating my earlier observation.

I have finally gotten my first 2M penalty of the year, and it was on a shot that was no more than 15' off the ground the whole way. Hit a tree and stuck right there. Many over the top of the tree shots on the same wooded course, none of them stuck.

I just wanted to point out that having 2M in effect did not stop or penalize "bad shots" over obstacles, just those "unlucky" enough to stick in trees.

cbdiscpimp
Jun 06 2005, 04:31 PM
I cant believe we are still arguing about this rule. IF someone is throwing shots 40 ft up in trees then Im pretty sure that hes not going to beat you in the first place. Second of all I dont think I have EVER seen a basket that has 40 ft trees by it anyway. And If I have there CERTAINLY wasnt a spike hyzer line at the basket.

Lastly the TD will STILL be able to do WHATEVER he or she wants. I was at a tournament the other day where only 1 hole had the 2 meter rule.

Your saying that someone is getting an unfair advantage because now they can just BOMB over top and if they get stuck then of well. You act like its only a select few people who get to do that without the 2 Meter rule but in all reality EVERYONE can just bomb hyzers and thumbers no without any regard for getting stuck about 2 meters which by the way is a pretty WACK height if you ask me but oh well thats what is it but who really cares. EVERYONE can use it to their advantage now but in all actuality its not giong to affect ANYTHING. People arent going to just BECOME AWESOME becaue the 2 meter rule is gone. Scores are just going to get better because there isnt a 2 meter rule. The crappy people will still be crappy and the people who have skills will still be good. Its not going to change a single thing except for the randomness at which this rule is applied.

neonnoodle
Jun 06 2005, 05:55 PM
fine, so i'm not a rocket scientist. let's just keep the 2m rule then and award relief if it is over 2m.

I prefer that let's not. Do you want me to tell you why again? :eek: :D

krazyeye
Jun 06 2005, 06:18 PM
End thread drift. Guy putting from his knee about fifteen feet from the basket putter hits rim rolls back to him stops at his knee. Random person on card "At least you don't have to move."

keithjohnson
Jun 07 2005, 08:44 PM
I dont think I have EVER seen a basket that has 40 ft trees by it anyway. And If I have there CERTAINLY wasnt a spike hyzer line at the basket.

i guess you didn't have your eyes open very much at the memorial huh?? :eek:

cbdiscpimp
Jun 07 2005, 10:20 PM
i guess you didn't have your eyes open very much at the memorial huh??

I guess not. Now I remember but I dont know ANYONE who could throw far enough to be 40 ft in the air when they hit those unless it was on an UPSHOT :eek: If you were sticking in those trees then you really sucked :eek:

Plus I was to busy putting my disc UNDER the basket out there to pay attention to the TREES :D

Jun 07 2005, 10:26 PM
During one round when another player had just hit basket and rejected to the dirt for the 5th time that round I said " One more and you'll have more cages than Siegfried and Roy"

keithjohnson
Jun 08 2005, 02:36 AM
i guess you didn't have your eyes open very much at the memorial huh??

I guess not. Now I remember but I dont know ANYONE who could throw far enough to be 40 ft in the air when they hit those unless it was on an UPSHOT :eek: If you were sticking in those trees then you really sucked :eek:

Plus I was to busy putting my disc UNDER the basket out there to pay attention to the TREES :D

you did play well enough to win there BUT your memory suuucks...
hole 1 play drive over the water crash into the big tall tree...be parked
hole 3 hit the REALLY big tree next to the basket on drive or upshot....be parked
hole 5(for you jv'ers)crash into the big trees 5 feet from basket...be parked
hole 7(for you jv'ers)throw into big trees 5 feet from BOTH sides of basket....be parked
hole 8(for you jv'ers)throw drive into 40 foot tree 2.5 feet from basket.... be parked
hole 9(for you jv'ers)throw into trees on either front or rear of basket placement...be parked
hole 12 by dukes(for you jv'ers)throw into 40 foot tree 10 feet from basket....be parked
hole 13(for you jv'ers)throw drive or upshot into 75 foot tall pine tree 12 feet from basket...be parked
hole 14(for you jv'ers)throw drive into 75 foot tall eucalyptus tree 20 feet from basket...be parked
hole 15(for you jv'ers)throw drive into 60 foot tall
eucalyptus tree 20 feet from basket...be parked
hole 17(for you jv'ers)throw drive into large tree 10 feet from basket....be parked

on the PRO side of the course also had 3 holes where upshots into trees would get you parked...but you didn't play those in competition and you didn't have to play the sidewalks ob either....
now make all the trees non-penalties and i'll bet ALOT of players will be TRYING to crash into those trees.....

sorry but i don't buy it not making a difference.....
i've played a national tour in california and back to back supertours in virginia and tucson(on a ball golf course)in the last 4 weeks where no 2 meters was used and it made a huge differnce in score,lack of MENTAL anguish,and people(including myself) just throwing at trees near baskets because there were NO consequences for getting stuck... which i have done 6 times in those 3 events where i hadn't been stuck in a tree but once in the other 10 events i played this year before those....

i will be one to ALWAYS USE IT in events i run.....
keith

ps...to the pimp
hope to see you in texas in november for the 30,000 dollar hole in one shot at the texas-10 finals :D

jdtitan
Jun 08 2005, 03:10 AM
I can name 4 holes on one course that have 30ft trees within 5 ft of the basket. Yes TD can still make the decision, and i neither know nor care how any of Y'ALL do it, but I'm quite certain Central Texas will use the 2MR forever. (REAL MEN)

Jun 08 2005, 10:09 AM
I am guessing (after reading most of this thread that the most common phrases are about the 2M rule. :p

neonnoodle
Jun 08 2005, 11:36 AM
I can name 4 holes on one course that have 30ft trees within 5 ft of the basket. Yes TD can still make the decision, and i neither know nor care how any of Y'ALL do it, but I'm quite certain Central Texas will use the 2MR forever. (REAL MEN)

Real men don't need unnecessary rules...

TDs that sleep with the 2MR can just call all non-playing surfaces 2 meters above the playing surface OB. (No string or tape needed...) Kind of silly to have that much OB on you course though isn't it...

Term: Insult to Injury - When your disc sticks at 2.01 meters above the playing surface.

Jun 08 2005, 04:55 PM
You know what? I've seen a classroom full of 5 year olds with a longer attention span than you guys... this is a kick butt thread topic, and you can't stop talking about the stupid 2m rule... I'll create a topic for you, since none of you have been able to figure out how... email me if you want instructions...

cbdiscpimp
Jun 08 2005, 05:17 PM
ps...to the pimp
hope to see you in texas in november for the 30,000 dollar hole in one shot at the texas-10 finals

If I can find some traveling buddies or a cheap plane ticket I may have to come down for that :D

Jake L
Jun 08 2005, 05:19 PM
Forgive me if its been said, but I'm not looking through the 2M crap.

Phrase;

You and your buddy shank a drive. The two shots land within 5 feet of each other, way, way far from the basket. So you look at your buddy and say "Dood, you're sooooo out!"

Works for 2 shots pinned also.

rhett
Jun 08 2005, 05:39 PM
"I outdrove you by a MILE."

Said when you are clearly closer to the pin than your buddy, but it's only by about a foot.

gnduke
Jun 08 2005, 06:30 PM
Bagged you again.

paerley
Jun 09 2005, 12:42 AM
I always prefered, for the case when you shank your drive where someone else did:

"Hey, I know somone else over there"

MTL21676
Jun 09 2005, 12:52 AM
one of the best trash talk lines ever, by Jake L....

"MTL, you kicked my ***** when you were an am, but I own you in open"

lonhart
Jun 09 2005, 12:54 AM
Akin to the last post, when joining my buddy "off course", I tell him to:

"Turn that disc attractor off!"

"This just makes the birdie all the more spectacular." ...uttered upon reaching a very shanked drive, with no hope of a birdie.

"Watch and be amazed, my friend."--usually on the drive after finishing a terrible hole.

"That was special."

"You are en fuego, my friend!" or simply "Del fuego" for really special shots. Poor use of Spanish intended.

"Ooo, almost had it. Bummer, man."

neonnoodle
Jun 09 2005, 09:12 AM
The Grandaddy of them all: "Nice line."
Code for "Bad putt".

I haven't heard this in a year, but Schwebbie used to say "Pured It." Which means hit the perfect line.

Jake L
Jun 09 2005, 10:06 AM

LMAO! You beat me 3 or 4 tournies last year, too bad you were in the wrong division. The best was the showdown in Sanford.

Jun 09 2005, 10:07 AM
When throwing on a really long fairway "I'm gonna have to ORCestrate this hole" and hold up your orc.

When you slam into a tree at close range, yell "Sonny Bono!"

neonnoodle
Jun 09 2005, 10:14 AM
Said walking on to the tee pad to others in your group "Just to let you know, I plan on acing this hole."

Said walking off the tee pad to others in your group after not acing the hole "I just didn't tell you WHEN I plan on acing this hole..."

cbdiscpimp
Jun 09 2005, 11:24 AM
Describing a Mach III Basket "These things are like a box of chocolates, you NEVER know what your going to get"

Oh how about after hitting the yellow strip on the Innova baskets " Mother F#$%IN CHASTIDY BELT PIECE OF [email protected]#$ SON OF A [email protected]#$% I HATE THESE BASKETS!!!

Or after having a not so dead center putt spit out on a Mach III or Discatcher "My chainstar would have caught that"

pterodactyl
Jun 09 2005, 11:37 AM
When you hit that branch that you didn't see or when you thought you were already passed the tree: Phantom Limb Syndrome!

Znash
Jun 09 2005, 11:38 AM
After the first shot of the tournament "Looks like I'll have to settle for 19."

neonnoodle
Jun 09 2005, 01:39 PM
"Moseresque"

"That guy had a Moseresque round."

Means didn't miss a single putt (from ANY range).

MTL21676
Jun 09 2005, 01:40 PM

LMAO! You beat me 3 or 4 tournies last year, too bad you were in the wrong division. The best was the showdown in Sanford.

Who hits 60 footers to break a tie that meant you missed cash by 8 and I did by 9.........Who does that?

m_conners
Jun 09 2005, 01:44 PM
Moseresque = 1115 :cool: I moseresque quite often.

Jun 09 2005, 03:08 PM
Last weekend in Ocala, FL PDGA event:

Get thru it, get thru the skinny!
or
We're in the thick of it!

Parkntwoputt
Jun 09 2005, 03:21 PM
Oh how about after hitting the yellow strip on the Innova baskets " Mother F#$%IN CHASTIDY BELT PIECE OF [email protected]#$ SON OF A [email protected]#$% I HATE THESE BASKETS!!!

Actually, if you hit that yellow band it was a bad putt. You would have hit the hooks on a Chainstar. You are just distracted by the chasity belt. Try looking at the chains next time.

All time favorite after a shanked drive.....

"yeah, I meant to do that. I don't like birdies"

cbdiscpimp
Jun 09 2005, 04:22 PM
I never said it was a good putt I just said that you hear that alot after you hit it :D

neonnoodle
Jun 09 2005, 04:25 PM
After a 25 foot approach shot where you needed 60 feet:

"I want to practice my jump putt...."

hazard
Jun 10 2005, 04:25 AM
Some of my favorites...I seem to generate or say a lot of these...

"There's actually a line from there, I saw it last week."

"Got something against fairways?"

"You may think I just drove, but I really didn't. The disc was an Illusion."

"Are you CRAZY?"

"Where'd it go?" "You're parked." "Good, I wasn't sure there was really a line."

"Do you have a line from there?" "No, but I'll make one up."

"What are you doing? It's a straight shot!" "I know, that's the one thing I can't throw."

"You carry an OPTIMIZER?"

"I've been thinking about getting a Maximizer too." "How many cases do you want?"

"Hey, guys, you might wanna watch this. This is going to be entertaining."

"Hey, that's my tree!"

"Only you, Bob. Only you."

I'll post more if I think of them.

neonnoodle
Jun 10 2005, 09:48 AM
Said under a rose bush while on your knees with a low branch behind your lie forces you to lean uncomfortably forward (I could go on but you are familiar with the situation):

"Now THIS is where you want to be on this hole. I highly recommend it."

hazard
Jun 11 2005, 03:31 AM
Ah yes, I forgot this exchange...

"WTL??!!" "...What's WTL?" "...What the Leonard."

jdtitan
Jun 11 2005, 03:55 AM

Real men don't need unnecessary rules...

TDs that sleep with the 2MR can just call all non-playing surfaces 2 meters above the playing surface OB. (No string or tape needed...) Kind of silly to have that much OB on you course though isn't it...

Term: Insult to Injury - When your disc sticks at 2.01 meters above the playing surface.

All rules are unnecessary. Some make the game worth playing. "Our quarterbacks are getting hurt, let's stop calling holding on the poor OVERMATCHED linemen." Same freaking difference. You chose to play this game. This game has rules. FOLLOW THEM.

I can't tell you how many times a day I think to myself "I'd throw a thumber here next year."

Get over yourself.

Jun 11 2005, 07:12 AM
"THAT'S gonna leave a mark!" (after macking a tree-or anything else)

quickdisc
Jun 11 2005, 08:19 PM
That's gonna leave a skid mark , almost as long as the guy burning rubber leaving the parking lot !!!!! :eek:

ANHYZER
Jun 12 2005, 05:23 AM
Schweb will get a kick out of this.

Players in my group while playing doubles in Flagstaff: "nobody throws thumbers over those trees, it's impossible"

Me: "okay"

Players in my group while playing doubles in Flagstaff: "WTF that's parked, I don't think Schweb could throw over that!"

CAMBAGGER
Jun 12 2005, 09:22 PM
After a player shanks twice.." The good thing about throwing concsecutive shots is that you get in a rhythm" or
"How are you gonna get any better at putting if I put them under the basket?"

okcacehole
Jun 14 2005, 12:41 AM
Shooting it straight into the ground

A WOODY around some of the DFW crews...and he learned to correct it :o

Alacrity
Jun 14 2005, 12:05 PM
Everyone in your group pars a typical birdy hole....

"Good thing it was an easy hole!'

Jake L
Jun 14 2005, 12:28 PM
"star par" same as above.

Jun 14 2005, 02:09 PM
I prefer "three for all" in that situation.

Jun 14 2005, 02:57 PM
"Parriffic"
"Birdietastic"

bslamoreaux
Jun 14 2005, 04:12 PM
That was a Craptacular shot!

girlie
Jun 14 2005, 04:17 PM
FILTER :cool:

m_conners
Jun 14 2005, 04:24 PM
A lot of east coasters use the term filter...is it because of how wide open all the holes are?? :cool:

gnduke
Jun 14 2005, 04:26 PM
What kind of shot or situation does it describe ?

girlie
Jun 14 2005, 04:32 PM
A lot of east coasters use the term filter...is it because of how wide open all the holes are??

A beautiful sound is the *thud* of a disc hitting sweet mother earth after taking an extremely tight and twisted path through all kinds of trees and hazard; the flight-path usually not visible to the naked eye. :D

m_conners
Jun 14 2005, 04:40 PM
Yeah, filter sounds like a term used in order to fly through a cluster of trees without hitting anything.

Jun 14 2005, 04:46 PM
Not really a term or phrase, but

When one of us hits a birdie, we get the "Birdie Salute" from everyone else on the card. Use your imagination. It lets you opponents know how you really feel. I have tried to spread the "salute" during tourney play, but it has been met with mixed reviews.

Jun 14 2005, 04:47 PM
Also, when a bogey happens, "Taking a trip to Bogataw"

Jun 14 2005, 07:49 PM
1. "Hello mom?, I'm in JAIL.....!!! :("

2. "From the nar, to the nar." (narley undergrowth)

jdtitan
Jun 15 2005, 09:59 PM
When it just ain't coming back...."Send a postcard."

quickdisc
Jun 16 2005, 02:34 AM
" Thanks for letting me take your Money".

Plankeye
Jun 16 2005, 09:27 AM
Yeah, filter sounds like a term used in order to fly through a cluster of trees without hitting anything.

Pretty much correct.
Then if you hear it going through leaves and branches into the tree you start telling to fight and filter.

neonnoodle
Jun 16 2005, 10:26 AM
When after 4 rounds you narrowly beat your best friend by 1 stroke.

"I kicked your *ss!"

Parkntwoputt
Jun 16 2005, 10:34 AM
When after 4 rounds you narrowly beat your best friend by 1 stroke.

"I kicked your *ss!"

What is better, is when you do it on the last hole! :o

neonnoodle
Jun 16 2005, 10:49 AM
You've just shot the worst tournament of your carrier and when you get to the parking lot your friend says he DNFed:

"I own you, b*****!"
(Repeat as many times as appropriate...)

Points to consider:
A) This is funny if you've ever been there.
B) Don't feel sorry for the guy, he deserves it for being such a baby, considering disc golf is a "game", not a "job" you quit....

Alacrity
Jun 16 2005, 12:20 PM
One of my favorites... after shooting a very poor round....

I hate this game.

my_hero
Jun 16 2005, 02:17 PM
Trying to perform a skip shot, and throwing the disc into the canopy of the trees instead of the ground, i'll say:

"I suck so bad, i missed the ground!"

Nelle 18131
Jun 16 2005, 02:27 PM
A favorite among the South Texas ladies that works for both guys and girls but has a better sting when used for a guy. After missing a put within 20 feet:

"Nice up princess"

Jake L
Jun 16 2005, 03:01 PM
Heard at the Horizons Park Classic last year after a bad shot on 18.

"Wow, you are able to hit the broad side of a barn"

JoeThacker
Jun 16 2005, 03:33 PM
Not to insult any age groups out there. I overhead this at a recent tournament:

Golfer 1 - How'd you shoot?
Golfer 2 - Man, I shot like a 13.
Golfer 1 - No Sh(*^%! You shot a 13 down?
Golfer 2- No Man, I shot like a 13-year old.

gnduke
Jun 16 2005, 03:40 PM
Like a 13 year old?
All energy and no direction ?

Alacrity
Jun 16 2005, 03:41 PM
Hey! My son might resent that. His response would have been...

No, maybe a 12 year old, but not a 13 year old.

Not to insult any age groups out there. I overhead this at a recent tournament:

Golfer 1 - How'd you shoot?
Golfer 2 - Man, I shot like a 13.
Golfer 1 - No Sh(*^%! You shot a 13 down?
Golfer 2- No Man, I shot like a 13-year old.

Jun 16 2005, 05:43 PM
I have to be careful with my personal favorite...

While climbing a tree for a disc, or while struggling to extract myself from a thorn bush, but especially when I slam a disc into a tree 10 feet from the teepad...

"I f*ing hate nature."

A close second, after somebody outdrives a hole, and especially if that person is like me and skinny as death...

"Man, gotta get off the 'roids."

justingill
Jun 16 2005, 06:51 PM
when playing with a grumpy 'pro' player:

'well being around you just makes me wanna die...'

or after shooting a 6 or 7 on a hole that is a 'gotta duece hole':

'i think im gunna go pray'

man i love ATHF.

Nelle 18131
Jun 16 2005, 06:53 PM
While playing with people who say "i am never going to make it" or "i cant put" we say at the ladies night:

"Not with that attitude", it goes over really well. :D

quickdisc
Jun 16 2005, 08:50 PM
Hey Danielle ,

We have this funny x marine here in San Diego.
His name is Charlie. Good guy.

Almost every time he comes up to any of our groups playing.
He says " How's it going Ladies " ? :D

Separate Issue :

For shots not becoming " Manly Enough".
Female nicknames. Of course this is no way in offense of anyone by these names. Guy talk stuff that goes on.

Nice shot Nancy !!! - for really weak shots. I mean Really weak shots.

Nice shot Susan !!! - for super lazy attempts of a shot.
Like the Lazy Susan.

Nice shot Sally !!!!! - for shots all over the place ,except where they are suppose to go.

Nice shot Mary Alice !!!!! - for shots that , just don't give a F...... where they are headed. :eek:

My appoligies for anyone offended by these true statements some guys make , while playing.

adogg187420
Jun 21 2005, 01:03 AM
Probly already said, but "Access Denied" after hitting a tree is funny. Also, if a friend of mine throws an upshot real short, i like to say "hit a house" just to rub it in.

quickdisc
Jun 21 2005, 01:53 AM
" Broad side of the Barn"...............for a drive thrown cleanly on to fairways..........2 holes over !!!!!! :eek:

Jun 21 2005, 07:26 PM
coupla scoring ones:

ace sandwich: 2 1 2 on a card. Very nice to back up the ace with a deuce.

a straight - poker term for 5 holes with any combination of 1 2 3 4 5 - I pay out $20 for those.

royal flush - 5 holes with the exact scores of 5 4 3 2 1 - I'll pay out $50 to see that one (should it ever happen).

666 - 6 bogeys, 6 pars, 6 birdies on a card

flock - a score of consecutive birdies, all 2's (6 minimum, I would say)

------------

coupla more:

MAC-blind: That's where you mac off a tree and the result was so horrible/unwanted that it is as if you instantly went blind, and you have no recollection of where it went; like your mind went TILT/RESET and you have actually no idea where your disc is or even what tree it hit.

As an aside, ball golfer Tom Watson was asked something like: "Why do you look so intently at your ball as it goes OB?" Watson replied, "Punishment."

Ninja tree - usually a tree hiding behind another tree. You make your throw, clear the tree you know has to be cleared, only to hit another tree lurking behind.

Ninja branch - somewhat like ninja tree. Also for small invisible branches lurking over the fairway, especially the small bare ones in winter that you can't see, but the disc seems to see it just fine.

Jun 21 2005, 07:31 PM
Here's a funny phrase I heard 2nd hand.

A local playing OK with a touring pro who is having a bad round, getting all bent, etc.

So the local tells the touring pro to mellow out dude, etc.

The touring pro lashes back with something like "This is my JOB man...." asserting his status as a true traveling professional DGer.

Then the local's comeback was: "Maybe you should get a job you like."

neonnoodle
Jun 22 2005, 10:52 AM
Here's a funny phrase I heard 2nd hand.

A local playing OK with a touring pro who is having a bad round, getting all bent, etc.

So the local tells the touring pro to mellow out dude, etc.

The touring pro lashes back with something like "This is my JOB man...." asserting his status as a true traveling professional DGer.

Then the local's comeback was: "Maybe you should get a job you like."

Kurt,

Not sure if you got that from me, but a similar thing happened a few years back to me.

Long story short: A guy in my group was loudly cursing and out of control, and when I gave him a courtesy warning things just got worse and he started verbally attacking me and anyone else who in our group who asked him to chill out. So I gave him a penalty throw. Which resulted in more grumbling and cursing.

Needless to say things got very quiet during the next hole. A top touring pro was in our group, and when he got up to the next tee, the guy couldn't let sleeping dogs rest, and said one more obscene superlative, and I stroked him again.

At that point the touring pro turned to the group and said, �Hey guys! I don�t know about you but I�m trying to make a living here! This is my job!�

The fuming guy and I, as well as the others in the group just looked at each other and busted out laughing. Still makes me laugh, 5 years later!

Nick

Jun 22 2005, 04:14 PM
Another one I don't think I've posted here:

CAPTAIN FRIDAY: This is the condition where your game is working great the day BEFORE the tournament (which is almost invariably followed by a, uh, not-so-great round on Saturday, making you wonder what happened to the Friday guy. Make sure that you tell your fellow competitors how good you were the day before and how this tourney round is some sort of freakish anomoly (most competitors never get tired of hearing that one).

I'm so into this these days that I cringe when I've got it all working on Friday. I pray that I can be a little off on Friday, because when everything is on for Friday, the stars never seem to align for tourney weekend.

Jun 22 2005, 05:44 PM
A young competitor and I were very close this weekend at a local Points Series. He obviously wanted to know where he stood, so he aproached my group and asked me where I was (in a scoring sense), and I said "25 over or something, does that surprise you", well he told me his standing was +1, now I was +3 at the time, and knew I needed the last two to catch him. Hit a huge bird 75 feet off a tree and parked the next one. I won by two strokes. All I could say was " You kinda worked me back there!" Most fun I've had in years. Thanks Lil Dave!!! :D

quickdisc
Jun 22 2005, 06:10 PM
Another one :

" Nice shot for and Old Guy" - In refference to one of my drives , on a 300 foot hole..............200 feet short !!!!!!! :eek:

bschweberger
Jun 22 2005, 10:32 PM

Players in my group while playing doubles in Flagstaff: "nobody throws thumbers over those trees, it's impossible"

Players in my group while playing doubles in Flagstaff: "WTF that's parked, I don't think Schweb could throw over that!"

I like that one, I would like to see that obstacle That i COULD NOT throw over. ;)

pterodactyl
Jun 23 2005, 11:44 AM
Ya Schweb, weren't you planning on throwing thumbers on 50% of the holes before your "truck door" incident?

magilla
Jun 23 2005, 12:28 PM
Ya Schweb, weren't you planning on throwing thumbers on 50% of the holes before your "truck door" incident?

:oDoh!

neonnoodle
Jun 23 2005, 12:34 PM

Yoh! Everyone take it easy on the Schweber! Doesn't he suffer enough being a Jets fan? :D

ANHYZER
Jun 24 2005, 02:53 AM

I like that one, I would like to see that obstacle That i COULD NOT throw over. ;)

Hole 16 at Thorpe...I think. I'll double check next weekend. It was Mike Downes (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=13898), a local from Flagstaff who said it. :cool:

Jun 28 2005, 09:55 PM
"Holy Schnikeys".... no particular spot to use this one, but a great tribute to Chris Farley.

Me: "I am Gunnery Sargeant Hartman, you senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be 'sir'. Do you maggots understand that!?"
Rest of the foursome: "Sir, Yes Sir!!!"
Me: "BullZhit I can't hear you, sound off like ya got a pair!"
Rest of the foursome: "SIR YES SIR!"
Me: "If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training,you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life earth. You are not even human focking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabasstic pieces of amphibian *****."
NOW... let's play some golf.... :D

Jul 09 2005, 12:20 AM
"We already had the player's meeting..."used when 2 people on the same card in a tourney have horrible throws that end up in the same spot, generally real short and far from the fairway.

"I had been meaning to take that out of my bag anyway..." used during a recent round when what was supposed to have been a roller decided to bounce off a tree and fly into the creek

Jul 09 2005, 11:48 AM
What a fun thread. You'll have to forgive me if I repeat any already posted though.

Shanked drive, heinous up, and the long putt in: 3 the hard way or Shankshot Redemption

Say to an imminent worm-burner "Rise Lazurus, RISE!"

All 2s: star frame
All 3s: par frame
All 4s: scar frame

My personal motto: Ya can't miss 'em all.

Crash the party: Intentional hitting of trees above a green in order to pachinko or pinball down to the basket

Shanked air shot: Worst. Roller. Ever. (also applicable in reverse. Bad roller: Worst. Hyzer/Ani Ever.)

Said by a buddy long ago: "I love this game. It's always my turn!"

galvidor
Jul 11 2005, 04:59 PM
I like calling a 5 yard penalty for 'Facemasking' ie hitting perfectly center but low on a putt and reccomending the assailant tee from 5 yards behind the next tee as penalty. If a 2nd low putt occurs it must be deemed intentional and 15 yards of penalty should be applied. I call this on myself more often than on anyone else.

grolly420
Jul 11 2005, 09:00 PM
Before playing a match play match I like to say:

"Im Germany, your Poland, and its 1939"

or if im playing a friend with a dog, ill bend over to the dog and say
"Bugs(dogs name) im going to kick your dads [I'm a potty-mouth!] out here, but that does not mean I dont love you)

pterodactyl
Jul 13 2005, 11:39 AM
Barely making your putt by hitting one chain on the side: Last chain outta town.

jdubs63
Jul 21 2005, 06:19 PM
After someone throws a line drive that turns into a worm burner: (in their best Napoleon Dynamite voice)

"You got like 3 feet of air on that one."

my_hero
Jul 21 2005, 06:37 PM
Sucktastic!

i think it speaks for itself.

quickdisc
Jul 21 2005, 06:43 PM
For when you land on top of the chain rack assembly on your putt : " Nice Up". :D

my_hero
Jul 21 2005, 06:44 PM
For when you land on top of the chain rack assembly on your putt : " Nice Up". :D

We just scream <font color="blue"> DROT. </font>

quickdisc
Jul 21 2005, 06:45 PM

We just scream <font color="blue"> DROT. </font>

:eek: NnnnnnnnnOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo !!!!!!! :D

my_hero
Jul 21 2005, 06:54 PM
LOL. :D:D:D

tafe
Jul 22 2005, 03:29 PM
In your best Rodney Dangerfield voice after a shank, "Ow. My arm it's broken!" Don't forget to flail it.

Jul 22 2005, 03:58 PM
<font color="red"> Head Aaaaaaaaache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </font>

gdstour
Jul 24 2005, 05:51 PM
"Shank birdie", when an arrant drive is followed by a big putt.
"You must be wristing your [I'm a potty-mouth!] too much", when a throw comes up way short and it is followed by "try cocking your wrist instead"!

quickdisc
Jul 24 2005, 08:25 PM
" Nice Upshot" , for a putt that falls short of the basket !!!! :D

quickdisc
Jul 24 2005, 08:57 PM
Like to be like Lance !!!!

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050724/i/r2578075266.jpg

paerley
Jul 25 2005, 01:12 AM
In your best Rodney Dangerfield voice after a shank, "Ow. My arm it's broken!" Don't forget to flail it.

Actually had a guy on my card say that in round one at DMDGS #4 this weekend. We started on hole #3 and all of us were trying to make firewood with our drives. Hole #4 was the same way and one guy did that.

Jul 26 2005, 10:23 PM
more scoring slang

***** sandwich - 464
beethoven - 2224

accidentalROLLER
Aug 01 2005, 01:52 PM
In honor of Darrell:
When you drive within 15 ft. of the basket on a pretty tough hole for a birdie putt, "That's gonna be a sweet three!"
Consequently, when you drive into the shule and have a great upshot to get within 15 ft. of the basket for a par save, "That's gonna be a sweet four!"
Can't tell you how many bogies darrell has caused me from those phrases.
In honor of NW Arkansas:
"Home town" = a shot that gets through on a route that no one see's or would attempt, usually a benevelent shank.
In honor of Ganzel:
Whenever you make a great drive on a tough, woodsy hole, "That's salty!"
In honor of Watsun:
I told him I was gonna get Climo to sign my 2005 Champion Roc and watsun said, "That don't make 'em fly any different."
Also, whenever a roc flutters out of your hand, "That's kenny's ears flappin"

Sharky
Aug 01 2005, 03:46 PM
A new one for me I heard a lot at the worlds.

After a perfect shot:

"He pured it."

Aug 03 2005, 02:05 PM
telling someone as the walk up to tee off to watch out for that C.A.T!!

Closest
Available
Tree

Gregg
Aug 11 2005, 01:42 AM
if you need a disc to roll back....wal mart...or harold.
Pure, is a great term i use that one.

quickdisc
Aug 15 2005, 10:46 PM
Nice shot Nancy !!!!!! Dang , poor Nancy !!!!!

Hey Sally , have you seen Nancy ?

I just seen Alice , Hey Alice have you seen Nancy or Sally !!!!

Aug 16 2005, 10:20 AM
I heard Dave Devine quote one of the all time great "Phrase Masters", Bill Yerd....(when you make a putt and do not hit chains)..."Chains are for the bedroom"....

paerley
Aug 16 2005, 05:07 PM
I came up with one last night watching futurama.

After you hit an ace or a spectacular birdy, having clearly gained tee pad honors on the next hole, state "I demand to tee next" and when they say "yep the pad is yours" respond with "well nutts to me"

quickdisc
Aug 16 2005, 05:15 PM
This is for the guys who take forever to throw :

" sHIIt or get off the pot ".

Lyle O Ross
Aug 16 2005, 06:43 PM
Another one I don't think I've posted here:

CAPTAIN FRIDAY: This is the condition where your game is working great the day BEFORE the tournament (which is almost invariably followed by a, uh, not-so-great round on Saturday, making you wonder what happened to the Friday guy. Make sure that you tell your fellow competitors how good you were the day before and how this tourney round is some sort of freakish anomoly (most competitors never get tired of hearing that one).

I'm so into this these days that I cringe when I've got it all working on Friday. I pray that I can be a little off on Friday, because when everything is on for Friday, the stars never seem to align for tourney weekend.

It works both ways for me, if I'm on Friday, I stink on Saturday. If I'm off on Friday, it carries right on through the weekend. :D

Aug 17 2005, 01:52 AM
Don't putt while I am talking
I could have made that putt, but the sun was in my ears

paerley
Aug 17 2005, 02:24 AM
Tonight, I airballed a putt from about 40 feet:

"It would have stuck if the **** chains on the disccatcher weren't tangled"

Aug 17 2005, 03:26 AM
Thought I wouldn't :D

Aug 17 2005, 03:31 AM
I was playing in a group back in the early 90's and I threw and parked a 410 foot hole with my slightly worn aviar putter. The disc stayed straight the whole way and a player in my group was shocked. He replied with "That is the most forgiving aviar I have ever seen". I thought it was pretty funny because that is the way a good aviar is supposed to fly ! I think he was mad because his Shadow came up 60 feet short.

neonnoodle
Aug 17 2005, 08:58 AM
When a drive, approach or putt lands within 3 feet of the pin:

"Now that's within my putting range!" /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Lyle O Ross
Aug 17 2005, 11:42 AM
"I think that's going to stick." Said to Nick or Pat during any round where they throw any where near any tree!