LeftyGod
Feb 03 2011, 05:25 AM
Kenny got his tire basket PDGA approved.

Feb 03 2011, 12:17 PM
not to hurt andbodys fellings but i think that is the most stuip thing the pdga has done sofar because those are the most hillbilly redneck basket ive ever seen i guess p in p.d.g.a dont stand for profesionl anymore

Martin_Norris
Feb 03 2011, 01:29 PM
not to hurt andbodys fellings but i think that is the most stuip thing the pdga has done sofar because those are the most hillbilly redneck basket ive ever seen i guess p in p.d.g.a dont stand for profesionl anymore

OK now for the important questions:
1. Radial or Bias ply tires? :confused:
2. Steel belted or not? :confused:
3. Profile series? :confused:
4. Wheel size? :confused:

Lots of un-answered questions personally I would go for semi truck size to offset my putting skill or lack there of and maybe use 12" wheel size for gold course layouts just to make the pro putts more challenging. :confused:

DoughDuff
Feb 03 2011, 01:35 PM
Dang John, tell us how you really feel!

Feb 03 2011, 02:11 PM
i was on fence about renewing my p.d.g.a membership .but now i know they just care about the money they collect .and noyhing else so dont think ill renew this year. because if i prereg.for a.b.c ter. turnment and showed up in town and those basket were on course i would want my money back

omegaputt
Feb 03 2011, 02:28 PM
You Would leave if you had to play on those baskets huh? What would you do when you head out to Mitch Macs and play on his baskets in a sactioned pdga tourney?

Its a cheaper alternative to baskets. If I had my own land and wanted pdga approved baskets there. I would look into theese. I'm sure they are cheaper than solid metal baskets.

Feb 03 2011, 03:22 PM
You Would leave if you had to play on those baskets huh? What would you do when you head out to Mitch Macs and play on his baskets in a sactioned pdga tourney?

Its a cheaper alternative to baskets. If I had my own land and wanted pdga approved baskets there. I would look into theese. I'm sure they are cheaper than solid metal baskets.

i have played mitch mac tureney his play and look more pro. then a tire and ive built baskets his dont cost much less to build because most of the cost is in the chain

DoughDuff
Feb 03 2011, 04:53 PM
Did you have to send them one of your baskets or just pictures? What is the process involved..

TeePeeKny
Feb 03 2011, 06:48 PM
Hater Hater dude you can hate if you want, and no one said you had to play at all.
We all no what an opinion is like. so why dont you just go back to what ever you were doing before and hate something else.
If you cant try and improve the sport dont try and destroy some one else for it.
Grow up.

DoughDuff
Feb 03 2011, 07:02 PM
Ok so it didn't...your feelings got hurt! Could you answer my question?

Feb 03 2011, 07:27 PM
really look at the way we was talked about after the nt at the lodge. I point wastrying to make is what do you think avery and other touring pros would say if they showed up to a tournament with those baskets. Dude I could care less what you make I just think it does not look very profesional. I am compaining about the pdga not you!!!! so put on your big boy pants!

TeePeeKny
Feb 03 2011, 07:40 PM
Did you have to send them one of your baskets or just pictures? What is the process involved..

you can find this on the main pdga page under tech tab. PDGA-Target-Certification-Form Yes One had to sent in AND TESTED, and they Keep it for there own use.

As for the night at the lodge dont know what your talking about the first time that any one saw the tire basket was the TDSA Picknik never had one at the lodge
the Rickshaw was there.

Feb 03 2011, 07:46 PM
I was talking about the green county open National tour event at the lodge not your baskets. I just dont think we need to look any more redneck than we did then.

Feb 03 2011, 07:49 PM
I have no problem with you or you selling your baskets my concerns are about having a sanctioned tourny played on them. I think we need to focus on trying to make improvements to our courses and not taking steps back.

Southpaw527
Feb 03 2011, 07:53 PM
I think they are a decent practice basket but I would not like to see it on a course.

And I believe they are priced very closely to a normal basket so.....

TeePeeKny
Feb 03 2011, 08:02 PM
sorry that you feel that way. And you have a right to your Opinion. I and Others see A Recycling thing here not a bunch of redneck Crap. Im not gunna keep this going you win. mabey i should change the name to redneck 1 just for you.

DoughDuff
Feb 03 2011, 08:35 PM
Oh come on Kenny don't give in! He's just trying to get you to make him a deal 9 of your baskets...

mtreat
Feb 03 2011, 11:37 PM
I have seen this negotiation technique before..

LeftyGod
Feb 04 2011, 01:49 AM
These baskets make you work on more than your putt. They make you work your upshot so your not puckered about your putt.

I would like to see these baskets put in at the detention pond that i first saw them at. 28 of them would work just fine with 1 of them for a practice basket

Feb 04 2011, 10:12 AM
These baskets make you work on more than your putt. They make you work your upshot so your not puckered about your putt.

I would like to see these baskets put in at the detention pond that i first saw them at. 28 of them would work just fine with 1 of them for a practice basket

thats the minne i heard all the ******** about those baskets and u think that about ur putting on those baskets then why did everbody whant a second set of chians on moose run

twoputtok
Feb 05 2011, 12:48 PM
While they may be PDGA approved, the R-235 70-15's are not acceptable for our city parks. Especially JD Medcalf. That peice of land will have brand new everything when the time comes for it. That land is planned to be be a jewel in our list of courses.

I have played on baskets way less than Kenny's. WTH Hutch, you never played Joplin or the Miami courses? I think they would work for anybody looking for an alternative to $450 a basket. But I would be very surprised to see any city or county entity purchase these for a course, I know I wouldn't recomend them. There is nothing wrong with an alternative, thats why there is filet and spam. To each his own.

TeePeeKny
Feb 05 2011, 02:22 PM
Hey Dave, Look its not a 235 ect. Its called the Re-Tire Model A. Please make note of that! Nobody has seen What the PDGA approved. The basket that you play on at JD. is not the same as the Model A.
I would like for you to see it before you or any one else passses judgement, with an open mind.:)

Southpaw527
Feb 05 2011, 07:52 PM
There is a picture of it on pdga.com

Use the PDGA HQ tab and find technical standards at the bottom of that list.

DoughDuff
Feb 05 2011, 09:58 PM
Is that the one you had PDGA approved? OR John is that the basket you want to put in at Bristow.. Is that the basket they are going to make an 18 out of Claremore with!

Feb 05 2011, 10:15 PM
no thank you! Bristow is fine. We already have a rubber recycleing plant.

DoughDuff
Feb 06 2011, 12:16 AM
But is that facility PDGA approved
or should that be...is that a PDGA approved facility...not sure how to put that. Regaurdless I see a sponsor!

Feb 06 2011, 11:31 AM
not pdga approved but playground approved.

Hindsight
Feb 06 2011, 01:16 PM
These baskets should be made for private course use only. The fact that the PDGA approved them is LAUGHABLE!!! The standards for the PDGA may need to be re-evaluated!

twoputtok
Feb 06 2011, 01:16 PM
Easy John......these would be a great set up for any trailer park.

Hindsight
Feb 06 2011, 01:18 PM
Easy John......these would be a great set up for any trailer park.

LOL :), that is accurate!

chicks
Feb 06 2011, 02:36 PM
I think the baskets I played on in Tulsa at the temp course would be okay for someone's private use (back yard, own course, etc), but I wouldn't want to play on them in PDGA tournament play. The biggest factor to me being the chains are not heavy enough gauge. I had a bunch of my putts on them hit the pole and just bounce out or go straight through.

Feb 06 2011, 03:04 PM
The fact that the PDGA approved them is LAUGHABLE!!! The standards for the PDGA may need to be re-evaluated!

this was my point all along

Hindsight
Feb 06 2011, 03:58 PM
here is my biggest concern.... Some 14 year old pyro in a park setting the tires on fire. Imagine the black eye disc golf could recieve for having targets that are fire hazards....

TeePeeKny
Feb 06 2011, 06:42 PM
I think the baskets I played on in Tulsa at the temp course would be okay for someone's private use (back yard, own course, etc), but I wouldn't want to play on them in PDGA tournament play. The biggest factor to me being the chains are not heavy enough gauge. I had a bunch of my putts on them hit the pole and just bounce out or go straight through.

The Basket the pdga Approved is NOT the same as was played at JD temp course, They have Double the amount of chain (24), JD only had 12 chains. The top and bottom now have 8 radials, NO DISC WILL FALL THROUGH.

twoputtok
Feb 07 2011, 10:20 AM
If it has a tire on the top and a tire on the bottom, then its the same basket.