ishkatbible
Dec 23 2010, 03:44 PM
is that allowed?

i played a hole today during lunch that blew my mind. simple as it seems. but there was a wooden "fence" you can throw over or through or around or whatever. the first 2 rounds i threw over it. not too bad, but not too good. 3rd time around i realized that if my foot was in the exact right spot i could get through and have a better chance of making the line to the basket. i'm pretty good at hitting my mark if i do say so myself. (you know, within 30cm from the rear edge, on the center line through the marker, and all that) so i marked the tee with my mini, stepped up, and parked it! yay me.

i might start marking the tee more often. but can i?

didn't see anything for or against it. so i figured not many people have thought about it. anybody else that yall know do that?

veganray
Dec 23 2010, 03:50 PM
Rulebook doesn't prevent you from placing any of your equipment - including your mini - anywhere you want to when it's your turn on the tee. Go 4 it.

DShelton
Dec 24 2010, 02:00 PM
I have to agree with Vegan, as long as you're within the tee box when you release the disc, there is nothing to prevent you from marking the point with a mini.

curt
Dec 28 2010, 07:42 PM
I'd suggest placing a towel on the teebox instead. Maybe get a small hand towel or something. There may be a gray area around leaving a mini on the teebox and leaving equipment where it could interfere. Placing a towel on the teeing area is specifically allowed though.

krazyeye
Dec 29 2010, 12:33 PM
What hole is that ish?

veganray
Dec 29 2010, 12:37 PM
What hole is that ish?

Image filename is trinitydgc6.jpg & ish is from San Antonio, so I'm gonna go out on a limb & go with Trinity University DGC, hole #6.

pterodactyl
Dec 29 2010, 03:03 PM
Can't you hit that line without a mini?

krazyeye
Dec 29 2010, 03:11 PM
Image filename is trinitydgc6.jpg & ish is from San Antonio, so I'm gonna go out on a limb & go with Trinity University DGC, hole #6.

Well color me stupid. I know Ish lives in San Antonio. Didn't see the file name and never heard of the course.

james_mccaine
Dec 29 2010, 07:02 PM
Never heard of the course either. It's in San Anonio and there is no clear thumber route????

Pretty cool design feature. Probably gets its share of complaints, but adds some interesting challenge.

CGPRush
Jan 12 2011, 09:44 PM
It's a new 6 hole Houck-designed course on the campus of Trinity University.
Some like it, some don't.

ishkatbible
Jan 14 2011, 03:19 PM
Can't you hit that line without a mini?

hate to admit it, but not usually. the bigger the area i have to hit, the more likely i am to miss the "exact" spot.