jmaddron
Dec 01 2010, 09:19 PM
Hey guys i am looking at creating a denton disc golf association and a sponsorship team. I am going to get in contact with the city of denton parks & rec and see about improving the course at north lakes and try to turn into a 21 hole course and start getting some c tiers and b tiers coming through. I would also like to start a disc golf team for the area and start sponsoring touring amateurs that hit up alot of the dfw tournaments. Most tournaments are comprised of the amateur division and I would like to see that division get more notice, besides the pro division and Hopefully create a good team to sponsor some great amateur players who love to play the game and not based on what there rating is. To me there is more to the game besides having a 1000 rated. I love the game and love the tournaments that come through here especially dynamic discs tourneys. So if there is anyone in the area thats interested give me a shout on my email and lets start tossing around some ideas.

Thanks Guys

Jeff Maddron
#43034:D

jmaddron
Dec 01 2010, 09:24 PM
also my email is [email protected] so hit me up with your ideas.

thanks

Jeff Maddron
#43034:D

AnotherSteve
Dec 06 2010, 11:10 PM
Hey jeff is was nice Playing with you in the Final round Saturday. Funkytown can help with information, just lt me know.

jmaddron
Dec 07 2010, 10:13 AM
Hey steve it was great playing with you guys as well. In what way can funkytown help me out.

jmaddron
Dec 07 2010, 10:16 AM
Hey guys i am starting to receive some feedback from the parks and rec from denton and there wanting more feedback from us about how to promote more tournaments. if anyone has any ideas let me know. I am still looking to start a disc golf association for denton so if anyone has feedback for that as well gimme a shout.thanks guys and gals.

Dec 09 2010, 07:40 AM
I know of a really talented young disc golfer that is going to start playing a lot of tournaments next year. If you are offering a sponsorship, I think he would fit right in.

Please contact me!!!!!

jmaddron
Dec 09 2010, 10:11 AM
is he from the denton area. I havent even started the team yet. I havent got much interest from people are denton to start up a disc golf association. or even a sponsorship team.

Steven
Dec 14 2010, 12:54 PM
Hey,

I know quite a few people who play and live in Denton on a regular basis. north Lakes actually had a merge team at Texas Teams for 2010. Some of us are very interested in making a denton membership club. we'd like to support you in any way possible to help improvements for the course. We would also like to help bring more tournaments to Denton. Thanks for your support for Denton Disc Golf!

jmaddron
Dec 15 2010, 12:01 AM
sounds [email protected] is my email. i dont know much about starting clubs. but i been in contact with denton parks and rec and there supposed to get back to me on having more tournaments and getting improvements done to the course.but i would like to start throwing out some ideas.

zaphol
Jan 08 2011, 01:28 PM
Out of curiosity does anyone have an update on this? I'd be interested to know what worked for you guys and what didn't as I work on developing a college disc golf team and reviving our local club.

SteveHardyman
Mar 30 2011, 10:45 AM
Hey Jeff,

A few years ago we decided to revive the club in Colorado Springs as membership had dropped way down and few people really wanted to do anything. We are now back over 100 members per year and have some regular money coming in that can be used for course maintenance and improvements or could be used for sponsorhip if you want. The simple and quick solution is club tags. Even the people who don't want to contribute to a club love to play for tags. We get high quality tags from Disc-Diva.com for $5 or less depending on the type and quantity, then sell memberships for $15 with each person getting a tag. The club gets a $10 profit per member which adds up pretty quick. Just 50 members gets you $500 for the club to use as it sees fit to help promote the sport. We use ours for course development and sponsoring local tournaments.

When you are ready to start running tournaments we can help with that. Since you are only 12 hours away and we have relatives in your area we can bring the Disc-Diva mobile down to supply am prizes and we make a variety of trophies. Having a vendor handle the prizes keeps you from having to invest up front for discs and worry about having the right amount of prizes to cover your turnout. We give back a percent of the prizes and may donate the trophies depending on the amount of the payout. We do laser engraving and are working on some new full color glass trophies that look really good. If you would like to see what we do come to Art Elliot's Mayhem, a C-Tier in Amarillo May 14-15.

If you are interested in tags or tournament help, email us at discdiva at pcisys.net

Steve

jmaddron
Mar 30 2011, 11:40 PM
Hey steve thanks for the reply. I am very interested in this and just recently got my certified official. I would like to talk to you about trying to get a c tier tournament here in denton and other things. I hope we can have a good business relationship. Also do you have sponsorships for people as well?

thanks

Jeff Maddron

SteveHardyman
Mar 31 2011, 02:32 AM
Our club does not sponsor any individuals, I think we would run into people complaining about favoritism and there is enough bickering that goes on in a club. Disc-Diva sponsors a few local players that are up and coming, that is about it.

We are coming through your way on our way to US Masters next week and are going to be stopping in Mansfield for a couple days on the way home. I will email you for your phone number and if we get time I will call you to maybe get together for a round and to discuss tournament ideas.