dgdave
Nov 30 2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeWwbFj8e7E

I've used this for about 5 rounds and I'm really enjoying this bag. I had a Silverback for a while and I honestly like this one more. I also forget how muchI like having a full size bag (I've been rocking a crunch for about 5 months).

Here are some of the upgrades from the Silverback-
:two layers of 1060 ballistic nylon on the bottom
:also put 1060 ballistic nylon on the bottom of the drink holders and the side zipper pockets
:made the bag 1 inch taller
:key clip inside the left zipper pocket
:added pockets inside the side pockets
:added a pocket inside the front zipper pocket
:put the Simian wings on the back for the 4 point hook ups for quads which also have some really nice D rings instead of just webbing to hook to..the wings also tuck away and hide if you feel like using a normal strap with the bag
:the frame consist of two 9 inch long 1 1/2 inch pvc pipes and two plastic corogate boards and is free floating
: the divider is made of cordura and velcros into place and is padded

The key clip and extra pockets I like much more than anticipated. I never though I had a need for these, but since I started using them, I see why people like them so much. One of my favorite things is the added height. It just a personal prefedrence thing, but thas one thing that always got me about GB bags was that the tops of the discs came out about an inch or so. Just bothered me for some reason. The frame is also a great idea. The rails and sides don't attach. They are held in place by the discs. It's like a floating bridge on a guitar. I had some concerns about it when I first got the bag, but those are gone. The wings for quad hook ups are great. It makes quads way more comfy for tubbies like myself.

The cons on the bag are what I've had with all the bags and are mostly just personal preference. I'd like a big pocket for stuff like a hoodie or a jacket. I wear 2-3x andI can't put a hoodie anywhere. I ca fit a long sleeve dri fit in the side pocket fine, just nothing with any hickness. In Oklahoma, you can start a round and it is 30 degrees and by the time you finish its in the 70s. Also, I'd like to see heavy duty YKK type zippers, especially since this is a LE bag. The zippers GB uses work totally fine, I just like the heavy duty ones better. The last thing would be thicker or more dense padding on the back and strap(or make the strap wider). Just make them more comfy.

All of the good out weigh the cons by a ton. All the cons are just a preference thing, so not really cons. This is the best bag that GB has to offer if you don't plan on lugging around 25-30 discs. I am very pleased with this bag. And oh yeah, the colors are HOTTTTTT!

dgdave
Nov 30 2010, 09:04 PM
A Gorilla just whipered in my ear that the frame design is better than I originally thought. Since the PVC is free floating the weight of the discs is spread out evenly across the bottom instead of it all pulling at the corners of the frame making the bottom of the bag last longer and reducing the wear on the corners where bags usually rub through.

Genius!

snap7times
Dec 02 2010, 01:25 PM
and how does one get these?

dgdave
Dec 02 2010, 03:40 PM
Www.gorilla-boy.com/store