jmaddron
Nov 17 2010, 09:45 PM
At my last tournament I got told that straddle putting is illegal.to define more on the position .I have both feet on the ground behind my marked disc with my feet pointed towards the basket my stance is that my feet are little bit past my shoulder length. and when i throw it, Its kinda like the granny basketball shot with one hand. but I am still throwing it behind my marked placement.Can anyone give me clarification if this is illegal or not, I read the rule book and it doesnt seem to be illegal because I have full body control.thanks fellow disc golfers.

cgkdisc
Nov 17 2010, 09:56 PM
One of your feet has to be directly behind your mini. Maybe that was the problem?

jmaddron
Nov 17 2010, 11:02 PM
yea i didnt know my foot had to be directly behind the mini.i thought that as long as you were behind the mini it was acceptable.

jconnell
Nov 18 2010, 10:55 AM
Can anyone give me clarification if this is illegal or not, I read the rule book and it doesnt seem to be illegal because I have full body control.thanks fellow disc golfers.
Are you sure you read the rule book? The rule that specifically answers your question is this one (http://www.pdga.com/rules/80304-stance-subsequent-to-teeing-off). And your answer is in the first line of the rule: A. When the disc is released, a player must:
(1) Have at least one supporting point that is in contact with the playing surface on the line of play and within 30 centimeters directly behind the marker disc