FrankWhite
Nov 06 2010, 08:45 PM
In the last nine (9) months the ADGA has accomplished the following at Disc Creek Disc Golf course in Amarillo TX;

1. Installed new locks on the baskets.
2. Coordinated with the city to have picnic tables, bbq pits, and trash cans finally removed from the fairway of hole #18.
3. Instituted a basket rotation schedule. (Some baskets had not been moved in over a year.) (Coordinated with the city to repair broken equipment associated with this process)
4. Coordinated with the city and added dirt and mulch around the white tee-pads.
5. Conducted a comprehensive clean up of the Disc Creek disc golf course with coordination with city.
6. Raised funds to purchase tee signs for all holes.(Eight have been installed, and the remainder will be installed by the end of November 2010!)Waiting on the sign company. busy season I guess.
7. Continued to meet with the city to attain funding for several projects such as The Blue Tee Pads, adding a new hole across the street from #15, and installing new pin locations. As of today the Blue Tee Pads have been installed! We will continue to push for the other projects!

None of these things would have been accomplished with out the hard work and sacrifice of many disc golfers who care about their disc golf course in Amarillo! We will continue to work hard!!

FrankWhite
Nov 06 2010, 08:59 PM
ADGA Monthly will be on November 21st, 2010 at 12:00 pm sharp! Please come out and enjoy a round on our ever improving course!! We will have a Pro, Adv. and Am.(novice, rec.) divisions. (10.00, 5.00, and 3.00 dollars respectively) Ace pots, and CTP! Help support the course and have a great time too!

Finnan
Nov 07 2010, 11:19 PM
big congrats to you frank and members of the club!!! Without your constant diligence, optimism, patience, and generally great attitude, and the incredible support; for the ADGA and from its members, this would NEVER have happened. It was a hard thing to watch such a beautiful course fall into such a state of degeneration as it had. Few will ever know how essential you were for all this positive change!! It's very exciting being led by someone that truly puts disc creek, its ADGA members, and Amarillo disc golf in general, priority #1. Miss you all. See you in the summer!!

FrankWhite
Nov 15 2010, 07:14 PM
Having communicated with the City, it will probably be best to establish a day in Dec. to have them drop off the mulch to put around the tees. They are extremely busy dealing with the storm damage, but should be able to help us out then with what we will need. Please come to our ADGA Monthly on Nov. 21st 2010 for more details.

FrankWhite
Nov 20 2010, 05:47 PM
Forcast: WINDY!!!!!!!! ADGA Monthly 12:00 pm Tomorrow Nov. 21st at Thompson Park's Disc Creek Disc Golf Course. It will be fun working on the old wind game. Ace pots, ctp, prizes and lots of info to pass on. Come on out, and don't let a little wind scare ya!

p-katt
Nov 21 2010, 11:41 PM
Howdy Amarillo. I'm planning a kickoff tourney for Brownfield on December 4th. Doubles am, then singles pm. Come if ya'll can. Here is info:

Saturday - December 4th, 2010
Tourney central will be at the amphitheater building. Coffee will be available.
Show up early for ‘how to play lessons, general disc golf rules, questions, etc..
We’ll have some new and used discs for sale/give!

Saturday Morning - Random Doubles
Everyone is welcome. New players will be paired with seasoned players.
New players can throw from the red tees, others should throw from the white tees.
Registration open at 8:30 am. Last registration accepted at 9:30 am.
Ring-of-Fire with prizes at 9:45 am, then player meeting, then play one doubles round.
Entry - $6 per player, and includes a closest-to-basket hole and automatic entry into the ace pot.
Awards, throw-offs, etc will be soon after the round, then we’ll break for lunch.

Break for lunch.

Saturday Afternoon – Singles by Divisions
Everyone is STILL welcome! We will pair groups by divisions (likely): pro, pro master (>40), advanced, women, and recreational. We will add divisions if needed.
Recreational division players (new players), and women will throw from the red tees.
Registration will begin soon after the morning doubles round is completed.
A short player meeting will be held about one hour after the morning round is over (will post).
Entry - $6 per recreational or women players. $10 for advanced, pro master, and pro.
Entry again includes a closest-to-basket hole and automatic entry into the ace pot.
Awards, throw-offs if needed, and a final three for top three, etc. will be soon after the round

Jroc
Nov 29 2010, 05:45 PM
Got to enjoy all the new improvments on the course last week...especially the blue tees. Big thanks to whoever had a hand in that :)

Finnan
Dec 09 2010, 12:06 AM
so third weekend of this month still?

FrankWhite
Dec 10 2010, 11:46 AM
You are correct Finnan, the December Monthly is on the 19th, and our workday is tomorrow the 11th. I posted it on our other site and forgot this one. Sorry my brother. We have a lot to talk about and decide on for the coming year! The signs are being printed as we speak and we will put them in as soon as we get them.

FrankWhite
Jan 08 2011, 05:08 PM
ADGA Monthly will be on Sunday Jan. 16th 12:00 pm sharp. Lots of stuff to discuss, and of course a great round of discs to be thrown. We will be out at the course Sat. the 15th working on various projects around 8:00 am if anyone is interested in helping.

FrankWhite
Feb 06 2011, 05:30 PM
The ADGA monthly will be on Sunday February 20th, 2011. Remember as always there will be Pro/Adv/Am divisions with CTPs, and ACE Pots! We will be discussing both the Art Elliott's MAYHEM tournament (May 14th and May 15th, 2011) and the progress on the new hole!

FrankWhite
Mar 24 2011, 08:53 PM
Getting closer to Art Elliott's MAYHEM on May 14th and May 15th, 2011! On-line sign up is available now for those who want to sign up early! Food, fun, and great disc golf.
Pro and Adv. will play the final round on the Champ Course, aka. THE JUDGE! Come and enjoy the first ADGA sanctioned event. More details soon..

FrankWhite
Mar 28 2011, 08:48 PM
The ADGA had another successful clean up day on Mar. 26th. Thanks to all who came out and did such a great job with the mulch on all the pads and ditch clean up between hole 5 and hole 6. There will be a benefit tournament for the March of Dimes on April 30th. This is definitely a great cause and I hope all come out and support such a wonderful orginization. Details are posted at hole #1 and I will post more info here this weekend.

FrankWhite
Apr 11 2011, 09:53 PM
This Sunday, April 17th, will be the ADGA Monthly. We also will be having the raffle drawing for some great disc golf prizes, including a portable disc golf basket! Come support your local disc golf club and oh yeah, throw Art's new hole!

FrankWhite
Apr 19 2011, 11:27 PM
We had another great monthly. Congrats to Ronnie for winning advanced, and Bud for winning ams! Thanks P-Nut for taking it easy on me in the pros. Congrats also goes out to all the Art Elliott raffle winners too! I would like to thank all who donated and continue to donate to the monthly and to the Art Elliott MAYHEM! Thanks for the Raffle Art! Don't forget, a benefit tournament will be held on April 30th for the March of Dimes. A 1:00 pm start time and an entry fee of $15.00 dollars. Donald Bramblet is the point of contact for this event. You can reach him at 806-341-0697. There will be great fun, food, and disc golf! Please come out and support this more than worthy cause and have a great time doing it! Oh yeah, Art scored a par on his first time playing his hole. Way to go Art!

FrankWhite
Apr 20 2011, 12:10 AM
Less than a month away from....
Art Elliott�s MAYHEM 2011
ADGA (Amarillo Disc Golf Association) presents the first annual Art Elliott�s MAYHEM!
Key Info
May 14th and May 15th, 2011
Amarillo TX
Disc Creek Disc Golf Course at Thompson Park (NE 24th and Highway 287)
This is a PDGA (Professional Disc Golf Association) Sanctioned C-Tier event On line sign up available until May 6th for this event.
Professional and Amateur

Register or Check in at Tournament Headquarters (Picnic Area 36 by #17 tee-boxes) no later than 8:30 am on Saturday May 14th. (90 players max) Players meeting will start at 9:30 am and we shotgun start at approx. 10:00 am. You will have a 1 hour break for lunch after the last card is turned in and then we will start the second round. (hamburgers and hotdogs on Saturday for lunch!)
Players meeting at 9:30 am on Sunday May 15, and we will shotgun start the final round at 10:00 am. After the final round we will have CTPs (if no one hits an ace) for the ACE Pots, Ring of Fire, and the Awards/Trophies.
Specifics:
Date: Saturday May 14, 2011
Mandatory Players Meeting at 9:30 AM Saturday
First Round: 10:00 AM Shotgun Tee-off
Second Round: Shotgun Tee-off (1) one hour after the last card is turned in.
Date: Sunday May 15, 2011
Mandatory Players Meeting at 9:30 AM Sunday
Final Round: 10:00 AM Shotgun Tee-off (THE JUDGE COURSE for Pro/Adv.)(temp Course north side of park , Discrazy course) All others will play Disc Creek course for final round.
Registration Fees Include:
-$3 Club/Course Fee
-$2 PDGA Fee
Professional Divisions:
($55.00) Male Pro OPEN (MPO) (970+) ($45.00) Female Pro Open (FPO) (900+)
($45.00) Men�s Age Protected Divisions (Above)
($35.00) Women�s Age Protected Divisions (Above)
Amateur Divisions
($35.00) Male Advanced (MA1) (935+) ($30.00) Female Advanced (FW1) 800+
($25.00) Male Intermediate (MA2) <935 ($20.00) Female Intermed. (FW2) <800
($25.00) Male Recreational (MA3) <900 ($20.00) Female Rec. (FW3) <750
($30.00) Men�s Adv. Master, Grandmaster, Sr. Grandmaster, Legend
($25.00) Female Adv. Master, Grandmaster, Specify
($20.00)Junior under 19 or 16 specify (boy or girl and age)
($15.00)Junior under 13 or 10 specify (boy or girl and age)
$10.00
PDGA non-member fee (except for Juniors)

SteveHardyman
Apr 21 2011, 07:26 PM
Hey Frank,

Really looking forward to coming down for this tourney, that championship course is awesome and we don't get to play it often. Are you going to post the registration list on the pdga site soon so we can see how many people are coming? We need to know what divisions to make trophy's for and I think it encourages more people to come if they see a list ahead of time.

Anyone considering this tournament should get signed up, both courses are fantastic and they always run a class show in Amarillo. The lunch on sight is a big benefit.

FrankWhite
May 04 2011, 11:03 PM
Congrats to Donald Bramblet and to all Texas Panhandle Disc Golfers (and our friend from N.M.) for raising over $1000.00 dollars for the March of Dimes! Thanks so much to all who played and GAVE! What a great effort for such a great cause!

FrankWhite
May 08 2011, 10:31 AM
Huge thanks goes out to Finnan. He has gone way above and beyond to make all of this happen!!! We had a great time playing a round on the Champ course yesterday. Thanks to all who came out and registered early for the Mayhem. If you have not signed up yet, registration will be from 0730 until 0830 AM Sat. May 14th at picnic area #36 Thompson Park,(by hole #17 tee box), for the Art Elliott's Mayhem! We have one week to get the word out. Plenty of room left! We would love to fill it, and I would be kinda surprised if we didn't..I WOULD GET HERE EARLY!! We will be spending Thursday afternoon and all day Friday preparing the course for the weekend tournament if anyone would like to come out and help! Jon K. and others have already spent a lot of time cleaning and raking up glass around holes 2 and 3. Make sure you thank those guys you see working out there when you get a chance. (To include the great Parks and Recreation Staff!) I think the course will look great by Saturday morning! Special thanks to Art Elliott, Beard, and Pat for the extra donations for supplies! P.S. We will all be thanking Steve Fox after lunch on Saturday!
See yall there!

FrankWhite
May 08 2011, 10:20 PM
Have Friday Doubles at 5pm. Will start by 5:30pm. Random flip. $10 a person. Will payout that night. Find Tom Tom at hole #1! Thanks TCP!

zachkillian
May 09 2011, 12:19 AM
thanks frank for doing soo much for adga!!! just wanted to say thanks for the mention of march of dimes it was an awsome turney. i would like to let any disc golfers know, i can take one or two travlers at my place. If any out of towners come, let me know 806-444-0467 P.S. nothing fancy i live in a travel trailer about 3 blocks from the course:cool::rolleyes::D

SteveHardyman
May 16 2011, 01:22 AM
Well done Frank and company,excellent first tournament. Love the weather you ordered in for it, just wish I could have played better.

For those of you considering coming to Colorado for Sakuna Matata, check out these videos posted to youtube this weekend, great shots of some of the holes. http://www.youtube.com/user/Back0DaBus?feature=mhee Just watch the ones until you get to the ones that look like it is in a city park, that is a different course in Denver.

FrankWhite
May 16 2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks Steve and Kathy for everything. We couldn't have done this event without help from yall and Jerry. I personally learned a lot and will work hard to make next year's event bigger and better. (Can't guarantee better weather though!) Thanks to all who came out and played, (local and out of town)! Thank you Art, Marian, John, and Mark for being such a great example of a loving family and sharing that with us. Thanks again to Finnan, Matt, Beard, Jon, Pat, Tom G, Steve, Tracie, Erica, Scott, Shawna, Sally, AA, Josh, Kyle, TT, Paul, Zach, Jason, Ty Ty, Ronnie, James, Donald, Dane, Grove, PJ, Colby, Brandon, all the sponsors, and especially my wife. Thanks to all I forgot too, because my memory can be as bad as my putting! Congrats again to all the winners!

SteveHardyman
May 17 2011, 01:13 AM
Nice to see the scores up. The ratings are not right. Looks like you did not distinguish between the two sets of tees on the Saturday course and the different courses on Sunday. I'm sure the intermediate men would love to see those ratings stay since it looks like they shot way better than the open men, but should probably fix it. It will raise the ratings on the Champion course and lower the others. Make sure you get the lengths in for each layout and who played them on the TD report.

Thanks again for a great tournament.

FrankWhite
May 17 2011, 07:57 AM
I don't know why they put the ratings up as soon as I posted scores. I sent in the TD report about two or three hours later. Hopefully they will get them fixed soon.

FrankWhite
Jun 03 2011, 09:18 PM
The ADGA Monthly RETURNS!!! The Monthly will be held a week early on June 12th. Sign up at 1130 and round will start at 1200. We will have a work day on June 11th (8:00 am at hole #1) if you can come out and lend a hand! We will hold a drawing for a new disc for one of the lucky volunteers of the work day to win at the Monthly!

FrankWhite
Jun 13 2011, 10:54 PM
We had another great Monthly! Congrats to KN aka Jack for the pro win! Congrats to Jay for the Adv. win! Congrats to Erich for the Am win! We took care of some business with Art's Tee pad, #16 short pin location. and some general clean up on our workday. Thanks to all who came out and participated in both!

FrankWhite
Jul 06 2011, 12:39 PM
The ADGA Monthly will be on Sunday July 24, 2011 so everyone can make it down to Levelland the weekend before!

FrankWhite
Jul 19 2011, 07:56 PM
Workday on Saturday July 23rd, 2011! We will meet at hole #1 at 8:00 am. Several things to work on, any help given would be appreciated by the ADGA. A couple hours given back to the course goes a long way!

FrankWhite
Jul 23 2011, 05:10 PM
THANKS to all who came out and helped this morning. We installed the sign post and new pin location for Art's Hole! We will play the new position tomorrow during the Monthly(July 24th at 12 pm.) We also added dirt to hole 18 and 14 tee boxes. Worked on some weed removal and apllied some mulch on several other holes. Thanks again ADGA!

FrankWhite
Jul 24 2011, 11:55 PM
Congrats on another great Monthly ADGA!! Hot but Fun! Thanks to all who came out and played! I'll post when the shirts can be ordered, can't wait...

FrankWhite
Sep 04 2011, 08:22 PM
September 25th, 2011 the ADGA Monthly Returns! 12 pm sharp! Ace pots, ctp, and a great round of golf! Cash and prizes are nice too! Disc Creek Disc Golf course at Thompson Park.

FrankWhite
Sep 16 2011, 08:48 PM
Good luck at the N.M. Doubles for all those attending. I am working out the details, but it looks like Oct. 15th and 16th will be the weekend for the Tri-City Doubles,(Pampa, Borger, and Amarillo). Should be a whole lotta fun! I will have the flyer out by next week's Monthly. I have contacted Jeff R. in Pampa, but I am still trying to reach Mike M. in Borger. We will discuss this and the meeting I had with the City at the Sept. 25th Monthly. Any ideas or help for this tourny will be appreciated! .

FrankWhite
Sep 26 2011, 08:50 PM
Another great ADGA Monthly! We had over 30 players again! Thanks to all who came out and congrats again to P Nut, Justin, Preston, and Ally for taking first in their divisions. Find you a partner for the Tri-City Doubles! Sign ups will be at the Dewey Disc Golf Course in Pampa at 8 o'clock on Sat. Oct. 15th, 2011. We will play Pampa in the morning and Borger in the afternoon. Then on Sunday morning Oct. 16th, 2011, we will play the Disc Creek Disc Golf Course in Amarillo for the Final Round. (Div.s include Pro Team = $40.00 Adv. Team = $30.00 Int. Team = $20.00). We will have a great time and play some great Disc Golf! We have wanted to try this for a while now, and we are very excited to finally give it a whirl. .

FrankWhite
Oct 09 2011, 11:50 PM
Next Weekend!!!! Lunch on Saturday will be hamburgers, and lunch on Sunday will be hotdogs!! Team Thunder Junk is ready, is your team ready??

FrankWhite
Oct 17 2011, 10:33 AM
Congrats to all who participated in the Tri-City Doubles! What a great weekend of food, fun, and DISC GOLF on three different courses in three different cities. Mike and his Dad in Borger, and Jeff, Worm, and the Pampa crew really stepped up and supported the ADGA in pulling this off! Great trophies Sir Patrick!!! Great prizes Matthew, AA, CP, Mike M., Rash, Worm, Finnan, Tom G., Fabe, and everyone else who gave! Can't wait to do it again next year! Don't forget the one day tournament in Borger on Nov. 12th! Should be a blast!! Please support Mike and the crew if you can!

FrankWhite
Nov 04 2011, 09:49 PM
The ADGA Monthly will be on Nov. 20th, 2011. Sign up at 11:30 at hole #1 at the Disc Creek Disc Golf Course. We will be playing the New Nine that could soon be added to Thompson Park (no kidding). Come play some really challenging new holes and compete for some really cool cash and prizes!!!

FrankWhite
Nov 06 2011, 05:19 PM
Saturday, November 12th, 2011
1201 Bulldog Blvd. Borger, Texas

Registration Starts @ 9:00 am. Tournament begins @ 10:00 am.

2 Rounds of 18 holes 10:00 am and Approx. 2:00 pm.

Entry: $25.00 for Open Div. $15.00 for Rec. Div. ($5.00 out of entry fees goes to the Johnson Park Disc Golf Improvements.)

Cash Payout for both Divisions!

Free hotdogs, chips, and water for all players!

For info. call Annadon (806-275-9014 or 806-231-8979)

FrankWhite
Nov 24 2011, 12:37 PM
The ADGA Monthly will be on Nov. 20th, 2011. Sign up at 11:30 at hole #1 at the Disc Creek Disc Golf Course. We will be playing the New Nine that could soon be added to Thompson Park (no kidding). Come play some really challenging new holes and compete for some really cool cash and prizes!!!

Nov. ADGA Monthly went great,definetly fun and challenging! Congrats to CP, TYE-TYE, and Daniel for winning pro, adv, and am respectively. Thanks to all who came out and played. I hope everyone likes the new potential holes. Thanks again to Pat, James, TT, Jon, Grove, and Tom G. for the help in pulling it off. Thanks to anyone else that I may have forgotten. Dec. ADGA Monthly information will be posted soon!! Ho Ho Ho!

Feb. 25, 2012 ADGA ICE BOWL More details coming sooooooon!!!!!

FrankWhite
Dec 03 2011, 04:49 PM
December 18th, 2011 the ADGA Monthly returns to normal format 12 pm sharp! Ace pots, ctp, and a great round of golf! Cash and prizes are nice too! Disc Creek Disc Golf course at Thompson Park. Sign up between 1130-1159! Come hear about the new nine gaining approval and our next steps forward!!!

SteveHardyman
Jan 05 2012, 11:37 PM
Is Art's Mayhem happening this year? If so do you have a date on it yet? We are trying to get our schedule figured out and want to put that on it.

Thanks, Steve

FrankWhite
Jan 08 2012, 07:58 PM
Art Elliott's Mayhem II May 19, and May 20, 2012

FrankWhite
Jan 10 2012, 11:02 PM
Steve, Mayhem will be a two day event on May 19th and 20th, 2012. Dates pending approval from state coordinator. Hope we make your calender. We appreciate all that you and the Diva do for us!

Frank

FrankWhite
Jan 15 2012, 06:49 PM
The ADAGA Monthly will be next Sunday,(Jan. 22nd), at 12pm. Hope to see everyone there. We have a lot to discuss, and some great golf to play!

SteveHardyman
Jan 16 2012, 02:41 PM
Steve, Mayhem will be a two day event on May 19th and 20th, 2012. Dates pending approval from state coordinator. Hope we make your calender. We appreciate all that you and the Diva do for us!

Frank

That date looks like it works fine for us. We had to move our tourney this year, we are the first weekend in June. Do you want us to handle the am prizes again? We are always happy to do that.

FrankWhite
Jan 16 2012, 07:29 PM
We sure would. Thanks Steve! Thanks Kathy!

chuckles
Jan 21 2012, 11:43 AM
I will be coming into town on Sunday, Jan29 and will be in town for a few days. Is there any minis going on on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday? I played there about 9 years ago and had a blast. Any info will be appreciated.

FrankWhite
Jan 23 2012, 06:41 PM
I will be coming into town on Sunday, Jan29 and will be in town for a few days. Is there any minis going on on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday? I played there about 9 years ago and had a blast. Any info will be appreciated.

You are in luck Chuckles, on Sunday, Jan. 29th, we will be having our ADGA Monthly tournament one more time, since we had to cancel last Sunday due to rain and 50 mph winds! Sign up between 11:30 and 12:00 at hole #1. There is a Pro div. ($10.00), Adv. div.($5.00), and an Am div.($3.00). Hope to see you there.

FrankWhite
Jan 28 2012, 10:58 AM
You are in luck Chuckles, on Sunday, Jan. 29th, we will be having our ADGA Monthly tournament one more time, since we had to cancel last Sunday due to rain and 50 mph winds! Sign up between 11:30 and 12:00 at hole #1. There is a Pro div. ($10.00), Adv. div.($5.00), and an Am div.($3.00). Hope to see you there.

Looks like it's gonna be a great make-up day for the ADGA monthly tomorrow!

FrankWhite
Feb 10 2012, 08:11 PM
Sunday, April 15th, 2012 at 1 pm. Come support such a wonderful cause!! Children!!!! More details soon...

FrankWhite
Feb 16 2012, 10:11 AM
Sunday Feb. 19 2012 the ADGA Monthly the round starts at 12 pm sharp! Ace pots, ctp, and a great round of golf! Cash and prizes are nice too! Disc Creek Disc Golf course at Thompson Park. Sign up between 1130-1159! Lots of fundraisers around the corner.

Feb. 25th 2012 12:00 pm Ice Bowl (food bank fundraiser)

Mar. ?? 2012 New nine and Mayhem II fundraiser (We will pick a date and time this monthly)

April 15th, 2012 1:00 pm March of Dimes fundraiser in honor of Keely Bramblet

FrankWhite
Feb 19 2012, 06:56 PM
The monthly went great. It was a bit windy, but hey what do you expect in Amarillo right! Congrats to Mike from Pampa, The Ricker, and P-nut/Finnan for winning their divs. AM/ADV/PRO respectively. Don't forget, the ADGA Ice Bowl hosted by PAT A.!!! next Sat. at 12:00 pm. Sign ups start around 11:00 am! Come and support the local food bank and have some food, fun, and great disc golf!!

FrankWhite
Feb 29 2012, 10:34 PM
The monthly went great. It was a bit windy, but hey what do you expect in Amarillo right! Congrats to Mike from Pampa, The Ricker, and P-nut/Finnan for winning their divs. AM/ADV/PRO respectively. Don't forget, the ADGA Ice Bowl hosted by PAT A.!!! next Sat. at 12:00 pm. Sign ups start around 11:00 am! Come and support the local food bank and have some food, fun, and great disc golf!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and THANK YOU!!!! This goes out to the 70 generous disc golfers who participated in the ADGA Ice Bowl, raising over $1300.00 in cash and lots of food for the food bank,(65 pounds), and to the TD Pat A. for doing a great job in making this event such a success!!!! Thirty out of towners!!(Clovis,Pampa,Lubbock,Levelland,Plainview ) We appreciate all of you coming and giving your support!!!Wind made it very hard on the players resulting in some unbelievable shots! 100 ft roll aways etc. Good day to just laugh and give to a good cause.

Kyle Norrid 1st Pro
Toby Metcalf 1st Adv
Jeff Rash 1st Interm.
Stetson Norman 1st Jr. Boys
Cheyenne Grensberg 1st Jr. Girls
Chelsy Christopher 1st Women
Art Elliott 1st Seniors

Special thanks to Kyle, Dane, AAron for helping, and to Art and Mariam Elliott for the fantastic food!!

FrankWhite
Mar 22 2012, 10:38 AM
A huge thanks goes out to Tom G. and Jon K. for running the March ADGA Monthly!! We all appreciate you guys for covering my whimpy self. I have finally begun to feel better and should be up to speed soon. Jon K. will be at the overflow parking area by hole #6 on Saturday March 24th for a course workday. Please come out and support the cause if you can. I unfortunately will be on travel AGAIN... Just a few hours of time makes a huge difference!!!

FrankWhite
Apr 07 2012, 08:54 PM
The ADGA April Monthly will be held on April 29th. It will also be a fundraiser for this years Mayhem! There will be a Thompson Park clean up day on April 14, please come out and support our park and city!!! We will meet at the zoo parking lot at 0900. Then on April 15th, Donald will be holding the March of Dimes fundraiser tournament. Meet at picnic area 36 at 12:00.(by hole 17 tee box) What a great cause to come on out and support!!

FrankWhite
Apr 29 2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks to Pat, Beard, Jon K., Matt, OKC Chris, John S., and to all who participated in the Thompson Lake clean up on April 14th. Donald announced that over $1,800.00 dollars was raised at the March of Dimes Fundraiser Tournament we held on April 15!! Way to go ADGA Disc Golfers and families!!! We had a great Monthly today and raised over $150.00 dollars for Mayhem supplies!!! Congrats to Kyle, Ryan and Crow, for winning their divisions. Pro, Adv. and Am respectively.

SteveHardyman
May 02 2012, 09:31 AM
Hey Frank,

Looking forward to the tournament. Will there be any preregistration for it? Do you have a plan for trophies or would you like us to work on something? Email Kathy at [email protected] and let her know on trophies and so we have your email address. See you in a couple weeks.

FrankWhite
May 08 2012, 03:07 PM
Mayhem Doubles Friday May 18th 2012 Flex start between 3pm to 6pm Two Divisions: PRO (blue tees) AM (white tees) $10.00 per team (100% payout)
$2.00 Ace pot (optional) If an Ace is not hit, the money goes to the lunch fund. BRING YOUR OWN PARTNER and have a good time!!!! Must have two teams to start!! Find KYLE at hole #1 to sign up!
Early registration for Art Elliott�s Mayhem II can be made at this time also!!

FrankWhite
Jul 14 2012, 03:20 PM
The July Monthly will be on Sunday July 22nd 2012. This Monthly will be a Flip Doubles by Division.
Same price per person $10.00 pro., $5.00 adv., and $3.00 am. Sign up by 11:55, and we will flip at 12:00! Come out and have a great time and enjoy Thompson Park's Disc Creek Disc Golf course! See ya at hole #1!

FrankWhite
Jul 15 2012, 10:20 PM
We will have a work day on Sat. July 21st. We will meet at hole #1 at 0800 and go from there. Come out to Thompson Park and give back to the course you love to play! Cya there!

FrankWhite
Jul 17 2012, 08:45 PM
As a reminder, Jon K. is taking over the $5.00 random flip doubles on Wed. nights at 6 pm.(White Tees) Tom G. is taking over the $5.00 random flip doubles on Sunday mornings at 1030 am.(Blue Tees) More info. coming soon!!

FrankWhite
Jul 21 2012, 11:23 PM
We had a successful workday today. Thanks to all who pitched in and help fix equipment ( short pin on #3) and maintain the course. I will be back next Sat. morning to spread some mulch around some tee pads to finish up. Don't forget tomorrow July 22nd will be the ADGA Monthly. Doubles format and lots of fun!!! (Round will start up at Noon!!) Bring lots of water, it's going to be a hot one!!!

FrankWhite
Aug 04 2012, 12:16 PM
ADGA Monthly / August 19th, 2012

Pro $10.00/ Adv $5.00/ Am $3.00 Ace pot included for Pro and Adv. Ams may buy into Adv Ace pot for $1.00. CTP is included for all. ADGA meeting before the round. Come and support growing Disc Golf in Amarillo! Oh yeah, CASH and PRIZES! Contact Frank White @ 570-8803 for more info. Round starts at 12:00 pm!

Pro. Ace Pot = $260.00! and growing…
Adv. Ace Pot = $212.00! and growing…

FrankWhite
Aug 06 2012, 07:51 PM
We will be determining the specifics for this years Tri-City soon! Sounds like we will be enjoying three rounds on three courses again!

FrankWhite
Aug 13 2012, 09:32 PM

Pro $10.00/ Adv $5.00/ Am $3.00 Ace pot included for Pro and Adv. Ams may buy into Adv Ace pot for $1.00. CTP is included for all. ADGA meeting before the round. Come and support growing Disc Golf in Amarillo! Oh yeah, CASH and PRIZES! Contact Frank White @ 570-8803 for more info. Round starts at 12:00 pm!

Pro. Ace Pot = $260.00! and growing�
Adv. Ace Pot = $212.00! and growing�

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

FrankWhite
Aug 18 2012, 11:07 AM
Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Several discs and a chair to giveaway tomorrow! Be there to win!

FrankWhite
Aug 20 2012, 09:17 PM

Pro. Ace Pot = $260.00! and growing�
Adv. Ace Pot = $212.00! and growing�

Winners Pancho B. Dane-o, James D. Pro Adv Am respectively
Thunder Junk won the chair in the ctp!

FrankWhite
Aug 29 2012, 05:49 PM
ADGA Monthly / Sept. 16, 2012

Pro. Ace Pot = $280.00! and growing�
Adv. Ace Pot = $225.00! and growing�

FrankWhite
Sep 06 2012, 08:50 PM
ADGA Monthly / Sept. 16, 2012

Instead of the ADGA September Monthly, I hope that everyone will come out and support The Top of Texas tournament on Sept. 22nd-23rd. It is a sanctioned tournament for our area and I hope that all will come out and support it. I will be with Fabian in Las Vegas, where TEAM THUNDER JUNK willl hopefully bring home a trophy!!

FrankWhite
Oct 05 2012, 03:24 PM
ADGA Monthly / October 21st, 2012

FrankWhite
Oct 17 2012, 06:24 PM
ADGA Monthly / October 21st, 2012

We have news!!! Great weather, maybe a little windy, but this is Amarillo!! Come out and play!!

FrankWhite
Dec 24 2012, 11:16 AM
ADGA Short Game Fundraiser will be held on Dec. 30th, 2012 on the north side of Thompson Park. Enter from Hastings and you won't miss us!

10.00 dollar entry. (5.00 for payout and 5.00 for new nine!)

Come out and support the club and show us your mad short game skills!

Reminder: 2013 Icebowl on Feb. 2nd !! more details soon!!

FrankWhite
Jan 13 2013, 11:15 AM
ADGA Monthly / January 20th, 2013

Pro. Ace Pot = $318.00! and growing�
Adv. Ace Pot = $246.00! and growing...

Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Baskets have arrived for the New Nine!!
We will be discussing installation at the ADGA January Monthly.

patrick amerson
Jan 29 2013, 07:19 PM
we now have 27 baskets in amarillo . the ice bowl is feb. 2 registration will start at 1030 am will start 1 round of 27 holes 12pm $15.00 entry fee $10.00 will go to the high plains food bank, $5.00 will go to payout. everyone is excited about new baskets. just got pins in the ground and concrete poured and they wanted to play before concrete was dry, they had to wait till monday afternoon. I bet it killed them all. hope to see all of you feb 2. lubbocks ice bowl feb 23 hope we all can help support them also. dont know of any other, if i find out will let you know. ps sorry if i missed spelled any word or puncation marks

patrick amerson
Jan 29 2013, 08:24 PM
I mention the ice bowl and what happen,s we get a snow storm one hour later and the ground is covered, only in the panhandle. but we all can use the moisture.

FrankWhite
Jan 29 2013, 10:25 PM
The snow is great Pat, but it's supposed to be 60 degrees on SAT, and I like them warm weather ICE BOWLS!! Lol

patrick amerson
Jan 30 2013, 08:10 PM
Your right. 60 and light wind. warm weather makes my old bones feel alot better. so watch out you young pups.

patrick amerson
Feb 02 2013, 10:10 PM
Wow 43 players, 60 degrees, very little wind. Pampa,Lubbock showed up thanks you guys for supporting. Even had 3 women players,and want to start playing on the weekend tournaments great. 8 open with Bo NEIL taking 1 place.8pro master Paul Mcintre taking 1place,7adv. Trent P. taking 1 place, 20 intermediate Sam taking 1 place. 3 women Mallory taking 1 place. Joe Resendiz aced hole 6 great shot.Thank you everbody for supporting the ice bowl 2013. Lubbocks ice bowl feb. 23 lets support there ice bowl if you can. Coming in may 18 / 19 2013 ART ELLIOTTS MAYHEM III PDGA C-Tier event. 135 players max. 1 round 27 saturday, after lunch will be bring your own partner double $10.00 a piece.this will be a fund raiser round. if you are up to it after 27 holes i probally wont. 1round of 27 on sunday All div.will be available. Hope to a see everone if you can make it. THANKS EVERONE AGAIN FOR ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL ICE BOWL.

FrankWhite
Feb 03 2013, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the post Pat! Yes, the Art Elliott's Mayhem III is coming and should be another great time in Amarillo!! Click here for the details http://discgolfer.ning.com/events/art-elliott-s-mayhem-ii

patrick amerson
Feb 09 2013, 02:22 PM
Monthly tournemt will be feb.17, sign in at 1130 start at 1200 open $10.00 adv.$5.00 AM. $3.00 open ace pot $332.00 am $252.00. COME ON OUT AND PLAY. Course clean up day will be feb. 23rd. will meet at hole one. all helpers are welcome, bring gloves.

patrick amerson
Feb 19 2013, 09:42 PM
Sunday was a great day for golfing, warm and no wind. Sunday 8:00 am round of alternate holes we had 13 players Kyle in 1st with 55, Paul 2nd with56, Jon K, 3rdwith 61. We played the stone U course. Maybe half the holes are ace able, but there are some longer holes to throw out your arm. The monthly round we had 27 players. Open with 7 players. Kyle 1st with a 60, Frank 2nd with 61, Tom tom 3rd with 65. Open played from the blue tees. Adv. with 11players, Chris 1st with 59. Martin 2nd with 62, Double AA and Tracie 3rd with 64. AMS. 7 players,Jonathan 1st with 64, David 2nd 67 Rik 3rd with 68. senior grandmasters we had 2 players showing that age dont mean nothing. Ron 1st with 84 Art 2nd with 85. Nice rounds of golf guys Am players played from the white tees. We played holes 1 thru 7, 17 , 18 on disc creek course, and played 9 holes on new lake cousre for 18 holes. Lubbocks ice bowl is sunday 23 feb. registration starts at 8:30 at the mae simmons coures, hope to see you there weather permiting, im sure we will have nice weather.

patrick amerson
Mar 04 2013, 10:20 PM
We had A good turnout for sunday. 8:oo am alternate round had 12 players. We played danes trick 56 course not to long but tricky, need to think before you throw,nice challenge. Finnan 1st with 55, TomTom 2nd with 57, Klye & Jon 3rd with 59. Sunday doubles start at 11:00 we had 7 teams &a cali. We played 22 holes , we played some of theold &new course. Frank& Dane 1st with 63,James & Kyle 2nd with 64, David & Pat 3rd with 66. Ace pot for doubles $529.oo, would make someone happy. BEARD hit sunday 8:00 alternate round ace of $400.oo plus, Beard & Misty had a baby girl in jan. so im sure it help them a lot. Congrats.

p-katt
Mar 05 2013, 10:44 AM
Hey Pat. Jay found your light, white, Vulcan (I think) that found the water at Mae Simmons during the second round of the Lubbock Ice Bowl. I have it in my car and will work a way to get it back to you.

patrick amerson
Mar 05 2013, 08:17 PM
Thanks Patrick its one i throw a lot will see you next time around.

FrankWhite
Mar 10 2013, 04:45 PM
ADGA Monthly / March 24th, 2013

Pro. Ace Pot = $346.00! and growing…
Adv. Ace Pot = $270.00! and growing...

AGENDA - Mayhem III volunteers needed.

p-katt
Mar 30 2013, 04:12 PM
Pat, a week or two ago, I passed through Amarillo and left your disc with a local (Chris, I believe)....sure hope he was honest.

p-katt
Mar 30 2013, 04:18 PM
Just and FYI, if y'all have not heard - Canadian is getting a course. It will be a nine-holer with pretty good elevation and many trees. They'll have room to expand easily to an 18 and even to 27. Installation is coming soon....estimated in April 2013. The course will have dual basket locations and dual concrete tee pads. The plan is to do a kickoff event soon after installation.....looking at May 25th (but make sure that you visit the Canadian, Texas Disc Golf Facebook page occasionally to see progress, tourney, etc.). And Childress is likely to install (likely a nine-holer with expansion possibilities). And, don't forget about Plainview's first two day tourney coming on April 20/21, 2013. See y'all around....I hope to stop being so involved in design/install/promotion and move back into a little more competition.......maybe.

patrick amerson
Apr 06 2013, 10:31 AM
Thanks patrick, yes got my disc back chris is a new player got a good drive but just like the rest of us needs a bit more putting practice. hope to make plainview, depends on how my body feels. my right shoulder is better still driving left handed,had a lot of furniture to move at work, now my lower back is sore. better start exercising. looking forward too candian course its a nice town to visit and play some golf.

patrick amerson
Apr 16 2013, 09:14 AM
I missed a few weeksso here is some news. We had a great clean up day, about ten players showed up. Put dirtand mulch around tee pads,and cleaned that nasty creek up. The zoohas a yearly park day justhappened to be the same day, was cleaning the creek and people just keeped poping up probaly had a total of 40 helpers all together. picked about 50 bags of trash. we need to do aclean up on a monthly basis. out of towners dont need to see such a nice course look so bad. played doubles afterwards tomtom and jon were lights out with 45 tom tom just could not miss.the monthly ace pot has not been hit around $ 425 sunday doubles believe to be $ 500 and a second pot aroun $50 plainview this weeked mayhem may 18& 19 hope to see all there

FrankWhite
Apr 18 2013, 07:46 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADGA Monthly / April 28th, 2013

Pro. Ace Pot = $364.00! and growing…
Adv. Ace Pot = $279.00! and growing...

AGENDA - Mayhem III volunteers needed.
Thanks for posting the update SIR Patrick!

patrick amerson
Apr 18 2013, 10:10 PM
Sorry frank i said $425 sould be there in a short time unless I grab it this monthly. but we pros play from the *&^%$#@ blue pads just kidding no really see you all then.

FrankWhite
Apr 19 2013, 08:54 AM
Sorry frank i said $425 sould be there in a short time unless I grab it this monthly. but we pros play from the *&^%$#@ blue pads just kidding no really see you all then.

Too funny Pat, but I am feeling lucky, or it may be just gas, we will see!!

FrankWhite
May 10 2013, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the post Pat! Yes, the Art Elliott's Mayhem III is coming and should be another great time in Amarillo!! Click here for the details http://discgolfer.ning.com/events/art-elliott-s-mayhem-ii

Mayhem May 18 and 19, 2013!! Sign up early Friday May 17 3:00 pm til 7:00 pm at hole # 1, late sign up Sat. May 18 starting at 7:30am till 9:00 am. Great raffle prizes, CTP, ring of fire!!
27 holes a round (one round a day). New challenging holes at Disc Creek Disc Golf Course!!

p-katt
Jun 08 2013, 12:19 PM
Howdy. I'm not on here much anymore....but wanted to encourage y'all to come to Canadian on June 14/15/16 for their course kick-off weekend. I'm having a meet and greet, teach, maybe a doubles round on Friday evening (oh and work on some OB's, etc.). Then Sat am, we'll have more organized doubles where I'll attempt to pair an 'up' with a 'down'. I'm really trying to get the locals out. I could use a bunch of seasoned Amarillo players to come. Then we'll play singles competition for Sat pm and Sun am. Each 'round' will consist of playing the 9-hole course through twice. I'll have extra holes if we have enough players (bring basket if you can). Hotels are exspensive due to the oil/gass boom in the area. But wait, there is camping right on the course (first come first served)!!! There is also camping about 15 miles NE at Lake Marvin (very secluded, great drive). This course is in a REALLY good park with some elevation and many trees. I say, go to Pendaries (great course, good tourney), but if not, consider heading to Canadian. Goto dgcoursereview.com and Canadian, Texas Disc Golf on Facebook for more info.

patrick amerson
Sep 17 2013, 08:49 AM
The Keely Bramblet Memorial, March of dimes fund raiser. W ill be held oct.5. 8 to9 registration 9:30 start 2 rnds of 18 $ 20 entry fee with $10 to march of dimes $10 to payout. hope u can make it .