evandmckee
Oct 21 2010, 03:57 PM
Pre-Registration for the 2010 Battle at Bell Park has begun!!

WAFDA is very excited to announce that through the City of Greenwood Advertising & Promotion Commission's sponsorship we will be adding over $3,500 worth of players pack items to this event at no charge to players!!

In just its 2nd year, the Battle at Bell Park has grown to a PDGA B Tier with $500 guaranteed added cash to the pro field and FREE players packs worth $40 to the 1st 75 players (am or pro)

THIS EVENT IS LIMITED TO THE 1st 90 PLAYERS - Pre Registration is available at Dynamic Discs
(http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/regbattleatbp.html)

For anyone not familiar with Bell Park, it is located in Greenwood, Arkansas - about 15 miles south of Fort Smith

http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/e/v/a/n/mckee/2010-10/sb/flyer1-16123533.jpg

ChrisEads
Oct 21 2010, 10:09 PM
We are asking that you please Pre Register online with Dynamic Discs to receive your players pack. This makes it much easier to keep track of players signed up as well.

And remember that we are capping at 90 but players pack to the first 75.

kwilkes
Oct 21 2010, 10:31 PM
I hope I can make it.

evandmckee
Oct 22 2010, 12:46 PM
I hope I can make it.

we do too :)

please note that players packs will be supplied for #75-#90 - they just won't be as large of a value

these are FREE High Quality Items players packs provided through sponsorship by the City of Greenwood - available to Pros and Ams - nothing taken from entry/payout for them!!

Pre-Reg!! - Fill this thing Up - and Next Year can be even bigger, we have a City Government wanting to have a high quality disc golf event, they are incredibly supportive of this sport :D

DoughDuff
Oct 22 2010, 12:52 PM
I've already pre-reged for this event... any chance the karaoke stage will be there this year!:D

evandmckee
Oct 22 2010, 12:57 PM
I've already pre-reged for this event... any chance the karaoke stage will be there this year!:D

hell no!! we made sure to not schedule on the Fall Festival

I remember trying to focus on shots with the Paper Shredder screaming and grinding and the sound of country music karaoke going on

The funniest thing was Hinds walking into the festival with an open beer in his hand and walks up to a cop and asks him if it's ok to drink beer in the park, talk about luck - cop says No and tells him to throw it away - I'd been under the jail for that one :D

DoughDuff
Oct 22 2010, 02:07 PM
WHAT!!! We can't drink! AUGHH!

You have to admit that old tractor driving thru the park the whole time pulling that trailer was pretty cool. Those people had no clue what was going on! Any wagers on weather I can put a disc in that building again? That was a shot (well two shots) that I won't forget, the first in the building...the second from inside the building!!!

evandmckee
Oct 22 2010, 03:21 PM
I thought that building was OB - you misplayed the course :eek:

send back all winnings immediately and contact the PDGA to drop your rating by another 20 points :p

Tommy Eddy played off of the roof on that thing last week - beautiful skip to park the hole :)

I'm looking forward to this - thanks Eads for stepping up to run this - I get to play a local event for a change :D

Southpaw527
Oct 22 2010, 09:16 PM
Ok I just signed up, I can't wait to see what the players pack is...

This will be my first Arkansas tournament, I am very excited.

Hindsight
Oct 23 2010, 12:22 AM
hell no!! we made sure to not schedule on the Fall Festival

I remember trying to focus on shots with the Paper Shredder screaming and grinding and the sound of country music karaoke going on

The funniest thing was Hinds walking into the festival with an open beer in his hand and walks up to a cop and asks him if it's ok to drink beer in the park, talk about luck - cop says No and tells him to throw it away - I'd been under the jail for that one :D

Had that not been about my 5th beer I would have never done that. Guess I had friendly buzz and seemed harmless :)

ChrisEads
Nov 02 2010, 11:01 PM
Less than 20 days left until The 2nd Annual Battle at Bell Park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont want to miss out on this one. Especially with the FREE Players Pack....

Please make sure and do your best to sign up online at DynamicDiscs.com

We may try some kind of personalization on a product for those that sign up early.

DoughDuff
Nov 03 2010, 10:40 AM
Can you give us any hotel information? Something close!

evandmckee
Nov 03 2010, 03:31 PM
I asked around about motels in Greenwood, per the parks director - there really isn't one

I'd suggest anywhere on I-540 or hwy 71 south more or less in Ft. Smith and plan on a 15 to 20 minute drive to the course

kwilkes
Nov 08 2010, 02:32 PM
Im signed up!! Is there gonna be a pre reg list posted anywhere? Thanks!

ChrisEads
Nov 09 2010, 12:57 AM
I will be getting a list from DD very soon and as soon as I get it, I will post it on this board. Thank you for signing up Wilkes.

kwilkes
Nov 09 2010, 11:05 AM
You bet. It's important for bottom feeders (on a good day) to sign up early so they can mentally prepare themselves. :)

ChrisEads
Nov 11 2010, 11:46 AM
Pre Reg List is now up.

Hindsight
Nov 11 2010, 11:37 PM
I'll be there, just cant pre reg. See ya next week Eads.

ChrisEads
Nov 12 2010, 09:37 AM
Alright Great! Always glad to have repeat customers.

LeftyGod
Nov 16 2010, 12:00 AM
Another repeat customer just signed up at DD.

If you were not there last year then you missed out.

It's great to see how much the local community gets involved with this tourney.

Can't wait to get there, hopefully with a truck load full of okies.

I still want to chuck a few off that cliff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twoputtok
Nov 16 2010, 08:46 AM
Another year something has come up and I can't attend. I had this one planned for a while. Oh well, maybe next year

kwilkes
Nov 16 2010, 09:44 AM
Your not there for good reasons Wise. You will be missed.

evandmckee
Nov 16 2010, 01:52 PM
Everyone officially registered by noon on Wednesday will have their name custom laser engraved on an aluminum water bottle along with the event logo :)

DoughDuff
Nov 16 2010, 02:44 PM
Sweet...aluminium fluid bottle!

evandmckee
Nov 16 2010, 05:40 PM
actually, after I got to looking at them - they are stainless steel

wforest
Nov 16 2010, 06:27 PM
"We Have a Winner!
Congratulations to Evan McKee, PDGA #28702, for winning the Motel 6 contest!"

... way to go , Evan ... couldn't happen to a nicer guy ...

evandmckee
Nov 16 2010, 06:32 PM
"We Have a Winner!
Congratulations to Evan McKee, PDGA #28702, for winning the Motel 6 contest!"

... way to go , Evan ... couldn't happen to a nicer guy ...

Thanks Wayne, get over here this weekend - gonna be a good one, you will like this course :)

DoughDuff
Nov 17 2010, 11:05 AM
Whats contest? Did you kill more bed bugs than the average motel patron?

evandmckee
Nov 17 2010, 12:26 PM
Whats contest? Did you kill more bed bugs than the average motel patron?

actually from all you okies renting the most rooms at a motel 6 during HOTB, it's a promotion that Motel 6 ran with the PDGA - won 2 nights free stay and a $100 gift card

twoputtok
Nov 17 2010, 01:15 PM
All Right!!!!!!! More ring of fire and CTP stuff that the okies can win.:D

Southpaw527
Nov 17 2010, 03:30 PM
Well I was planning on being there but Monday I was talked into jumping in a car and heading to Sunny Florida for the Player's Cup...

And here I am in Florida for the week with The Dude and the weather is perfect!

See you next season Arkansas, I promise...

Good luck too everyone!

twoputtok
Nov 17 2010, 04:48 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/just_because_you_have_one_bumper_sticker-p128187310925668020trl0_400.jpg
:D

Nov 17 2010, 05:40 PM
u always hit nail on the head wise

DoughDuff
Nov 17 2010, 07:38 PM
Well it's a shame there isn't a motel 6 close to this tournament....looks as though quite a few Okies are coming over for this one!

Hindsight
Nov 17 2010, 08:40 PM
I think we are going to have a lil caravan coming down saturday, at leat 3 cars full so far!!!

slim___15288
Nov 18 2010, 10:50 AM
I think we are going to have a lil caravan coming down saturday, at leat 3 cars full so far!!!

anyone wanting to carpool / caravan down is welcome to meet and leave cars at my house in BA saturday morning. you can call my cell for directions. I'll be awake around 5:30, so showing up anytime between then and 6:15 will get you a spot. let's take this tournament by STORM and show those arkies what we're made of!

so far:

Slim
Agent
Patton
Hutch
Lund x2
Hinds
Myers
Casey

we got room for more, folks!

kwilkes
Nov 18 2010, 11:08 AM
If you wanna come up tomorrow I fould a room on priceline for $45 at a new (4 years old) Courtyard Marriott in Fort Smith (15 miles from event). The rooms usually go for $119. I have stayed there and it's nice. Especially for $45 (plus tax). :)

evandmckee
Nov 18 2010, 01:53 PM
let's take this tournament by STORM and show those arkies what we're made of!

so far:

Slim
Agent
Patton
Hutch
Lund x2
Hinds
Myers
Casey

we got room for more, folks!

http://static.flickr.com/28/43056409_ed377cc6d0.jpg

twoputtok
Nov 18 2010, 03:34 PM
http://classiclimo.com/wp-content/gallery/party-bus-1/ultimate_party_bus.jpg

Hindsight
Nov 18 2010, 04:46 PM
Gary Harrison has announced he will be on the caravan as well. Guess the pro's have some competition now. I predect 24 down will win pro on this course. (unless they have changed some of the holes)

evandmckee
Nov 18 2010, 04:48 PM
Okie Caravanmobile :D

http://spottheredneck.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/redneck_limo.jpg

mtreat
Nov 18 2010, 10:54 PM
Somebody been doing some welding on that rig!!

ChrisEads
Nov 19 2010, 02:26 AM
Only about 20 spots left and Registration will stay open until 3pm tomorrow so get registered so we can guarantee your spot.
Also only about 5 spots left on the BONUS players pack so its even more important to get signed up prior to Saturday cause I guarantee if you dont pre reg then you will miss out!!!!!!!!!!!

evandmckee
Nov 19 2010, 08:40 AM
...It's now officially....Battle at Bell Park Eve...dig...:D

twoputtok
Nov 19 2010, 10:03 AM
maybe next year :(

Hindsight
Nov 19 2010, 10:05 AM
Okie Caravanmobile :D

http://spottheredneck.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/redneck_limo.jpg

you sure that isn't an ARKIE rig.... We don't have alot of snow capped mountains in Oklahoma but figured you may get them every once in a while. (look above the 7 eleven store)

wforest
Nov 19 2010, 10:30 AM
... good luck over there , fellers ... Enjoy every minute ... dig ...

twoputtok
Nov 19 2010, 12:08 PM
Can we get this for Horshoe Canyon?

http://gpsinformation.net/exe/limo.jpg

mtreat
Nov 19 2010, 03:31 PM
Send me your Amex # Dave and I will get it reserved...

LeftyGod
Nov 20 2010, 07:16 AM
8..............9..............10................. Ready or not here we come!

kwilkes
Nov 20 2010, 06:36 PM
Crowl wins Open by 7 (Sears 2nd. Lund/Coda 3rd)
Lund wins Adv

Southpaw527
Nov 20 2010, 09:21 PM
Awesome Okie sweep guys!!!!

slim___15288
Nov 21 2010, 12:29 PM
Crowl wins Open by 7 (Sears 2nd. Lund/Coda 3rd)
Lund wins Adv

i played intermediate and got 5th.
had i played advanced i would've gotten 2nd.
weird, eh?

m_conners
Nov 22 2010, 04:10 PM
Where are the scores? Arkies usually have them up by now (?).

twoputtok
Nov 22 2010, 04:41 PM
Where are the scores? Arkies usually have them up by now (?).

No EVAN usually has them up by now. Evan usually has them up before you get home.:D

But hard to pick on them when you'll be hard pressed to find anything about the players cup other than one bracket. No losers brackets, to see who played who, or match details on any of them. They promoted this in a HUGE way but now leave it hanging as just another C tier that doesn't care after the event.:cool:

slim___15288
Nov 22 2010, 05:28 PM
No EVAN usually has them up by now. Evan usually has them up before you get home.:D

But hard to pick on them when you'll be hard pressed to find anything about the players cup other than one bracket. No losers brackets, to see who played who, or match details on any of them. They promoted this in a HUGE way but now leave it hanging as just another C tier that doesn't care after the event.:cool:

the wafda thread said something to the likings of: Eads had issues loading scores saturday night, Evan didn't hear his phone, Eads had commitments on Sunday and work today, and the two of them will most likely collaborate to get them posted this evening.

i shot 53 - 50. that's all that's important.

Hindsight
Nov 22 2010, 09:26 PM
i saw that it was formatted for 3 rounds on the tournament site. That is probably the issue.

LeftyGod
Nov 23 2010, 01:39 AM
I have a players pack for the BAG BOY that went to florida.

Will have it at the skins.

Southpaw527
Nov 23 2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks Hutch!

Yeah Wise, the Player's Cup was a big bust, it felt like a C tier, no updates online, payout was lowered 3 different times, the list is longer but I don't want to get into it...

mtreat
Nov 23 2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks Hutch.. As for the Players Cup, Matt said it was very disappointing in that it didn't feel like a big tournament at all. He said most of the staff had zero information and treated it like a vacation..

evandmckee
Nov 23 2010, 12:18 PM
Scores were uploaded last night - Eads did them, just needed a lil help since it was his first time to upload

Check out German Benavides - won intermediate and would of came in 2nd in Open

in his defense, this is his 2nd event, won rec at HOTB, moved up and won Int. at Battle, watch out Adv. field

lots of crazy swings in scores and ratings!!

ChrisEads
Nov 23 2010, 12:20 PM
SCORES ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to thank all the Tulsa boys for coming down and showing their support for their fellow neighbors. We will always support you as you have done for us. Thank you again and be on the look out for next year.

Hey maybe all those Players Cup Players will want to come to the 3rd annual Battle at Bell Park next year instead as we treat B tiers like A tiers in Arkansas =)

slim___15288
Nov 23 2010, 01:20 PM
Scores were uploaded last night - Eads did them, just needed a lil help since it was his first time to upload

Check out German Benavides - won intermediate and would of came in 2nd in Open

in his defense, this is his 2nd event, won rec at HOTB, moved up and won Int. at Battle, watch out Adv. field

lots of crazy swings in scores and ratings!!

was on his card second round. no run-ups, just stands still and side-arms it. parked 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and made it look effortless! was a lot of fun to watch!