mfcastillo17
Oct 10 2010, 05:08 PM
First of all, huge thanks to Bird for the job well done at the BMO. Course was great, tourney was awesome. I had an excellent time!

Next on the list for the Alamo Disc Series is Oh Say Can UC. It is going to be held on Saturday, November 13. It is a non-sanctioned 36 hole event. This will be everyone's last chance to get points for the series before the Fly Ink Open. You can Register for it on Titledisc.

I am planning a little shake up of the layout at UC for this one. I have it mapped out on paper and I'll be going out there tomorrow afternoon to see how it plays. I should be there around 4:45-5:00ish if anyone wants to join me to add some imput to the layout.

JerryChesterson
Oct 11 2010, 10:13 AM
Sweet! You can go ahead and start that players list, there is one person signed up & paid already ...
Jerry Chesterson :D

RiX Perez
Oct 11 2010, 10:15 AM
Ditto on the Gongrats to Bird! Amazing job on the tourny and the course! Very fun time.... thanks again!

I am looking forward to UC.... I'd love to check out your layout Marcos but works gonna be crazy for the next couple weeks. Maybe play the layout for a Fly Ink fundraiser Dubs?

mfcastillo17
Oct 11 2010, 10:49 AM
Good idea Rix.

What Saturday would be good? This week maybe? Next week is out due to the Live Oak Mini. Other than that it has to be the 23rd or 30th. Can't be the 6th because I'm going to Arlington for the VPO! Let me know what you guys think.

opereida
Oct 11 2010, 05:25 PM
It's ok with me if you all want to move this weekends McClain mini to UC. Let me know.

mfcastillo17
Oct 11 2010, 09:42 PM
Went out to UC today to check out the layout. It's going to be interesting!! Thanks Corey and Brandon for the imput. It helped a ton!

Bird, I think that this weekend is too early to play the layout, it needs a little trimming before it is played. Lets plan for October 30th to get the preview. Is the Saturday Mini @ McClain on as usual?

Also, it is going to be extended to a 20 hole layout. Expect some short tight holes with a few boomers out in the open field as well. It should be fun!!

opereida
Oct 11 2010, 09:53 PM
Sounds good. This Saturday Mini at McClain is on. I need to get some rounds in there before my son gets here.:)

DISConnected
Oct 12 2010, 11:08 AM
This trimming you speak of...are you talking about on the temp holes?

mfcastillo17
Oct 12 2010, 11:34 AM
It is minor clean up to make the backwards layout work. Nothing major. It won't change anything with the regular layout. If you like I can meet you out there before we do anything to show you where we plan to do it to make sure it is ok.

DISConnected
Oct 12 2010, 01:32 PM
As long as it doesnt change anything with the regular layout, it should be fine.

I guess the backwards layout will be C.U. :)

mfcastillo17
Oct 12 2010, 02:09 PM
As long as it doesnt change anything with the regular layout, it should be fine.

I guess the backwards layout will be C.U. :)

It won't affect the regular layout, if anything, it will clear out some of the paths that are only used as walkways but we are using as fairways!

ishkatbible
Oct 12 2010, 03:38 PM
any chance you can get us sketch map on here. the wife is playing and i'm gonna caddy, but we'd like to practice the proposed layout, even if just throwing at spaces.

mfcastillo17
Oct 12 2010, 04:00 PM
I'll work on it. The only course map I have for regular UC is sketched out and not really to scale but I'll get something out. All the baskets will be used so no need to throw at spaces (except for the two added holes).

CGPRush
Oct 12 2010, 04:56 PM
I highly recommend playing the alternate holes as often as possible.
They'll be a very different experience than the standard UC course layout.
There are short tunnel holes, long "big arm" holes, and everything in between.
Play at the proposed mini and definitely at the Friday dubs.

Give yourself a leg up on the competition!

opereida
Oct 12 2010, 11:48 PM
I'm still pumped up about how great the BMO was and how great the rest of our series will be. Just wanted to let the locals know that there is MUCH hype about our Fly Ink Open A-Tier in December. PLEASE sign up for Oh Say Can UC and the Fly Ink Open at www.TitleDisc.com soon.

I could not believe how many local players waited till the last days before the BMO to try and register. I let a couple of you in but if you don't pre-register early, your going to miss out on more AWESOME SADC Events.

JerryChesterson
Oct 13 2010, 09:34 AM
I'm still pumped up about how great the BMO was and how great the rest of our series will be. Just wanted to let the locals know that there is MUCH hype about our Fly Ink Open A-Tier in December. PLEASE sign up for Oh Say Can UC and the Fly Ink Open at www.TitleDisc.com soon.

I could not believe how many local players waited till the last days before the BMO to try and register. I let a couple of you in but if you don't pre-register early, your going to miss out on more AWESOME SADC Events.

One more note to that effect. The Fly Ink Open will fill. Divisions are capped, there will be no 5 somes at this tourney (we are playing in winter and must play fast), there are no day of signups (you must sign up and pay by Dec 2, & prices go up November 1st. When you are registering for the Oh Say Can UC, just bite the bullet and sign up for the Fly Ink too.

Now on to your regularly scheduled programming.

mfcastillo17
Oct 13 2010, 01:12 PM
Here is the map for Oh Say Can UC. Keep in mind that it is not to scale. The new layout and hole numbers are in red. Holes 5-11 (new design) are just the regular holes 7-13. Holes 18 & 19 will be temp baskets out in the open field. Nothing is marked at the course yet. I will have it marked for the Oct 30th mini. Enjoy!

DriverDave
Oct 13 2010, 10:22 PM
Here is the map for Oh Say Can UC. Keep in mind that it is not to scale. The new layout and hole numbers are in red. Holes 5-11 (new design) are just the regular holes 7-13. Holes 18 & 19 will be temp baskets out in the open field. Nothing is marked at the course yet. I will have it marked for the Oct 30th mini. Enjoy!

Thanks for the map!

CGPRush
Oct 15 2010, 02:30 PM
If you're playing the OSCUC layout, be sure to check for other players playing the normal UC layout before throwing.
There are plenty of crossings between the 2 layouts.

mfcastillo17
Oct 24 2010, 04:26 PM
We will be having Fly Ink Doubles on Saturday, October 30 @ 10:00am at UC. We will be playing the Oh Say Can UC layout. $10 entry fee. $5 goes to payout, $5 goes to the Fly Ink Open. Come out and play the new layout!

If enough people are interested, we can have a singles round after.

ishkatbible
Oct 24 2010, 11:14 PM
random draw?

mfcastillo17
Oct 25 2010, 08:58 AM
Yes, it will be random draw.

mfcastillo17
Oct 26 2010, 02:38 PM
Houston and I trimmed up some of the holes for the OSCUC layout and it will be ready for play saturday morning for Fly Ink Dubs. See everyone saturday!

CGPRush
Oct 26 2010, 04:52 PM
I'll be there to help and heckle but not play.

RiX Perez
Oct 29 2010, 03:50 PM
I tried to sign up through TitleDisc but PayPal is breaking my balls! Can you put me on the list Marcos... Interm. Men w/ Ace Pot.

mfcastillo17
Oct 29 2010, 11:12 PM
You are in Rix

RiX Perez
Nov 05 2010, 12:09 PM
Marcos... how's this for a map of your layout? Looks a little cleaner.... let me know and I can get some printed out with the course description for Oh Say.

JerryChesterson
Nov 05 2010, 12:59 PM
FYI, Online Registration Closes Monday November 8th.

RiX Perez
Nov 05 2010, 01:54 PM
Just signed up on Titledisc.com

JHouston
Nov 07 2010, 10:59 PM
Marcos can i get on the list too. i hate paying extra for title disc. i understand it makes things smoother and better day of.

JerryChesterson
Nov 08 2010, 10:56 AM
FYI, Online Registration Closes Monday November 8th.

Online Registration has closed.

mfcastillo17
Nov 08 2010, 02:56 PM
After some deliberation, I have decided not use the backwards layout for Oh Say Can UC. During Fly Ink Dubs, we ran into issues with the parking area near the football field where I wanted to have the temp holes. Not being able to have the temp holes kills the flow of the course, so we will be playing the regular UC layout (cue applause from some, boos from others).

Online registration on Titledisc is now closed. If you would like to be put on the players list, let me know. I will post an updated players list later this afternoon.

Schedule of events

8:00-9:00 Check in and late registration
9:15 Players Meeting
9:30 Round 1
Round 2 will begin 1 hour after the last card is turned in.
4:00 ish Awards, raffle, CTP (if no ace is hit)

As usual, SADC is bringing it with a great raffle. Also our series sponsor, Discgolfstation.com has come up huge donating 3 $50 gift certificates. Two will be put in the raffle, and one will be used as a ctp during the round.

This will be your last chance to get points for the Alamo Disc Series before the Final! See everyone Saturday!

RiX Perez
Nov 08 2010, 04:06 PM
Is there dubs on Friday 12th?

RiX Perez
Nov 09 2010, 02:58 PM
Marcos... I can run doubles on Friday 12th if you need. 2pm-5pm? Let me know...

mfcastillo17
Nov 09 2010, 08:06 PM
Sweet Rix! Do it!!

Dubs Friday 2-5!!

$20 Per team

2 Divisions
Pro, and Not Pro

losotd
Nov 11 2010, 08:29 PM
players list?

mfcastillo17
Nov 11 2010, 09:09 PM
Here is the list of currently registered players. Let me know if you want me to add you!

1 Synthia Vallejo FW3
2 Ben Blount MA1
3 Brandon Tull MA1
4 Julian Jackson MA1
5 Micah Samuelsen MA1
6 Scott Hougland MA1
7 Jeff Gobin MA2
8 Rick Perez MA2
9 Wallace Stanely MA2
10 David Stopper MA3
11 Joe Vellejo MA3
12 John Lujan MA3