Sep 08 2010, 10:15 PM
Hello Tourney TD,

I see the tourney has filled as far as the initial 98 spots goes even though it shows 101 have registered. I noticed that there were up to 108 spots for players mentioned on the web flyer on DGU site. How are the remaining spots going to be filled? Is there a waiting list or another fire sale taking place for those spots? Just curious. Possibly 7 spots are still available?

Floyd Henke

grizzly09
Sep 09 2010, 12:25 AM
Let Floyd Play!!! :D

discette
Sep 09 2010, 09:41 AM
Before online registration began, ten spots were held back by the tournament director for sponsors and valuable volunteers. Three have already been filled. The TD is awarding one to a volunteer and DGA, the main event sponsor, holds the remaining six spots. Once they provide the names of the players the PDGA pre reg list will be updated.

Here is the current wait list

Lawrence Halili
Chris Flora Tostado
Kevin Huver
Justin Espinoza
Logan Miller
Brooke Bianchi
Floyd Henke
Mike Bass
Matt Gifford
Dan Tula
Denny Bohanan
Jerry Goff
Robert Cox
Tom Bennett
Jim Ditch

Please give a hand to the volunteers that are making this event possible. A lot of new folks helping out this year. :)

discette
Sep 09 2010, 04:02 PM
All names have been added to the pre-registration lists here on PDGA and at DGU.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10924

http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/tournament-dashboard.cfm/tourn_id/135

Please contact me through the links at DGU if you want to get added to the wait list.

csrenda79
Sep 09 2010, 05:02 PM
A quick question (and i'm sure suzette has already thought of this, but I have to ask): Since we will only be playing 27 holes per day and only one flight overall, what's the harm in playing fivesomes and allowing another 27 players in? It seems like that would allow everyone on the wait list in and then some.

As always, I will be glad to offer any assistance to the TD/Tourney Staff as I can. Thanks to everyone involved to make this event happen again.

Sep 09 2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks Discette. A round of applause out to the volunteers and sponsors! Of course i appreciate ALL who make this event happen. Volunteers Rule! I love the folks of DGA for being pro-active very much so in this sport. I understand the TD situation has become a little shorthanded due to circumstances and hope all works out for the better with those involved.
This event is always huge and i wonder if the idea of tee times in the future would be worth considering. A foursome every 10 min. starting at 8a.m. till 1:30p.m. could allow a total of 132 players to participate. That would allow for some time to spectate as well. "Just an idea" thats all.

Floyd

csrenda79
Sep 09 2010, 08:43 PM
Oh, I almost forgot. Let Bud play!

Sep 10 2010, 01:21 AM
Well thanks Beenieman for your kind support. Any time your in my area hollah so we can throw some.
Grizzlyone, much thanks for the props indeed. Sometime i wanna rematch for the bag tag you crushed me for in Santa Maria. or maybe not.
Time will tell if Casitas will have room for the wait listers.
Peace, Floyd

discette
Sep 10 2010, 10:54 AM
All these are great suggestions. However, I am not the TD of the event. I simply volunteered to help with registration since the person who has done it for the event for the past six years was not available. The club has lost some key volunteer resources that are not easily replaceable.

I am glad they are not considering fivesomes. I wonder exactly how many more people they could accommodate if they did go to tee times?

quickdisc
Sep 10 2010, 04:12 PM
Have a Great time at that Fun course !!! :)

discette
Sep 13 2010, 04:09 PM
My apologies to Rowan O'Neil. I accidentally left his name off the original list. It was submitted on the same email as Brooke.

Here is the current wait list

Lawrence Halili
Chris Flora Tostado
Kevin Huver
Justin Espinoza
Logan Miller
Brooke Bianchi
Rowan O'Neil
Floyd Henke
Mike Bass
Matt Gifford
Dan Tula
Denny Bohanan
Jerry Goff
Robert Cox
Tom Bennett
Jim Ditch
Dagoberto Bribiesca

sunrisensunrise
Sep 23 2010, 02:57 PM
Any idea if the layout will be known prior to the tournament? Would rather not go in completely blind.

Oct 03 2010, 10:39 PM
So who are the winners?
It was a bummer not getting to play this year.
Maybe next year i will get lucky.
Floyd

Godfather
Oct 04 2010, 03:17 AM
So who are the winners?
It was a bummer not getting to play this year.
Maybe next year i will get lucky.
Floyd

Open- Paul McBeth
Open Women- Antara
MA1- Big D
MA2- Dale Chambless

Those are the only ones I know off the top of my head.