Joshua_Smith
Sep 07 2010, 11:03 AM
6th Annual Pleasant Valley Disc Golf Classic
PDGA Sanctioned B-Tier event
Tourney Flyer - http://www.wvdiscgolf.org/uploads/do...2010-Flier.pdf
Saturday Sept. 11th, 2010
USDGC State Qualifier (WV)
$1,000 added to Pro Purse, $1,000 added to Am Purse!!

*Entry fee
Open/Pro Women $80
All Other Pro's $70 (Masters, Women Masters ... etc)
Advanced $60
Intermediate $40
Recreational/Novice $35
Juniors $25
Minimum 4 players to make a division (except juniors)
*PDGA Members get a $10 discount!

Format
Check in Saturday 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Players meeting 9:15 am
1st Round Tee-off 9:30 am on Seth Burton Memorial DGC
2nd Round Tee-off 1:30 pm (estimated) on Orange Crush
(Open/Advanced may play Orange Crush first)

* Open/Advanced will play long tees both rounds
* All other Amateurs will play short tees both rounds
* $1,000 added to Open Purse
* $1,000 added to Amateur Purse
* Lunch Available for $5

Registration
PayPal Registration - http://www.wvdiscgolf.org/2010/WVDGC/PVDGC2010

or

Send check made out to "WVDGA" to:

West Virginia Disc Golf Assoc.
87 Fairmont Ave.
Fairmont, WV 26554

Tournament Hotel - Super 8 in Fairmont, WV - Ask for Disc Golf Rooms ($43 plus tax)

2208 Pleasant Valley Road
Fairmont, WV 26554-8569
(304) 363-1488

Lunches available for $5 (Pizza) or ~$5 Quizno's Box Lunch Certificate in Player Pack

Directions: I-79; exit 135 (Pleasant Valley Rd.). Turn towards Pleasant Valley, 0.3 mile to a left at stop sign, 0.3 mile to a right into Morris Park (large blind curve). Park in entrance cul-de-sac or around park to the 2nd pavilion. 1st tee next to Pavilion.

Hope to see you there!

SCOTT
Sep 07 2010, 12:46 PM
Can you guarantee we will play Orange Crush? Last time we got cheated out of it.

Joshua_Smith
Sep 07 2010, 01:33 PM
You have my Guarantee - Open/Advanced will probably play OC first so be ready!

gotcha
Sep 07 2010, 01:44 PM
Josh,

I just now registered via PayPal. I lost internet connection after I remitted the electronic payment, thus, I'm not sure if payment was received on your end.

I'll wait to see if my name shows up on the registration list tomorrow.

Looking forward to playing your event.

:)

sandalbagger
Sep 07 2010, 05:03 PM
Went down yesterday to play. Yellow course looks great. The crush is very rough. Maybe even rougher than the first year of play. It was brutal out there.

mprestop
Sep 08 2010, 12:24 AM
Josh,

I just now registered via PayPal. I lost internet connection after I remitted the electronic payment, thus, I'm not sure if payment was received on your end.

I'll wait to see if my name shows up on the registration list tomorrow.

Looking forward to playing your event.

:)

Josh - I also got a 404 error after submitting my paypal entry. Please let me know if that didn't work.

Thanks,

mark prestopnik

sandalbagger
Sep 08 2010, 03:41 PM
I've moved and need to change my mailing address. Who do I contact?

Contact the PDGA office at [email protected] or 706-261-6342.

I now live in WV. I'm coming for that USDGC spot Josh

gotcha
Sep 08 2010, 08:43 PM
Deitz....you can always blow off Ohio River Open and go to Rock Hill to try and qualify. The Monday qualifier is on Saturday this year. :)

sandalbagger
Sep 09 2010, 10:55 AM
It's more fun to tease Josh.

And there is no way I will ever miss the Ohio River Open. Only tournament I have played every year since it's inception. I believe this will make 11 years in a row for me. Lisa Warner and I are the only 2 left that have been to every one of them.

Joshua_Smith
Sep 09 2010, 12:05 PM
Change of address not enough, I wanna see the Fowler/Deitzel marriage license!

Joshua_Smith
Sep 10 2010, 11:14 AM
.. and the course is not a "war zone" as sandalbagger describes, he is just trying to keep competitors away :-0

gotcha
Sep 12 2010, 07:29 AM
Thanks to WVDGA and Pleasant Valley for yet another fun disc golf tournament at Morris Park. :)

Joshua_Smith
Sep 12 2010, 01:47 PM
Results posted, thanks to all the Pitt/PFDS crew that came down!

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10451

vslaugh
Sep 12 2010, 11:30 PM
Thanks to the WVDGC for a wonderful tournament. Your tourneys make for a really fun day trip from Pittsburgh. Having just played Orange Crush for my first time Saturday, the course makes for a fantastic and fantastical disc golf experience.

I even enjoyed myself despite a second round with 6 OB trips and 3 bad roll-aways on putts (including one missed 25' putt on Hole 1 that rolled OB and halfway to I-79). Apparently while everyone else played the Seth Burton Memorial DGC, I got to play the Tim Burton "Nightmare in Pleasant Valley" DGC...at least I felt like I was watching one of his movies the way I played some of those holes anyway. Oh well, I think my afternoon round was so bad it won't even affect my rating :p Thanks again for the work you put into those courses!

Joshua_Smith
Sep 15 2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks Vince,

We got some good PR from the PDGA in today's in the fairway - http://www.pdga.com/pleasant-valley