veganray
Sep 02 2010, 04:36 PM
I discovered recently that several of my posts on DGCR's forums had been subtly edited by the moderators. No warning nor acknowledgment to me, just BAM, words misattributed to me.

I pointed this out to the site administrator, who told me, "Tough doodoo; this is a monarchy," (but he didn't say doodoo). When I pointed out this policy on the forums their to warn other users, I was permabanned.

So beware posting there if you value that the words attributed to you are ones you have actually written, not some that an overzealous moderator thinks are more accurate.

Martin_Bohn
Sep 02 2010, 04:49 PM
im not sure i want to poke this one with a stick, since timg has always seemed aboveboard on things..... any particulars you want to share?....

atlscott
Sep 03 2010, 01:53 AM
The mods there have been a little over-zealous as of late. It sucks having someone around to just delete things, close threads, etc. because they feel like it.

davidsauls
Sep 03 2010, 10:51 AM
They really should make site use voluntary.

If we weren't forced to post there, we wouldn't have to worry about the mods.

What would really be great is if the internet were open to everyone. We'd each have the right to create websites and govern them ourselves, rather than be subject to rules set by others.

makeyourself
Oct 02 2010, 12:35 PM
DGR is much better than DGCR. The moderators on there are good guys who are reasonable and understanding... and dont change your words!