abel0223
Aug 29 2010, 09:17 PM
Starting on Tuesday the 31st we will be going to an ace race format at San Gabriel Park in Georgetown. This will replace the Tuesday night mini out there.

The plan is simple. Everyhole has been moved to an aceable position. Me and Manny went out this afternoon and set up the course. We will use most of the perm teeboxes with the exception of 4 and 7. We have put alternate tees on all holes except for 5. It will be the CTP hole. Every shot is a chance at an ace. There will be no OB or island shots, but be mindful of your score incase no one hits an ace that week.

We will charge $5 dollars per head. $4 dollars to the ace pot and $1 dollar to the club. If no one hits and ace we will split that weeks acepot and payout the top players that week. The rest will carryover to the next week until someone hits an ace. We will start at 5pm right across from the old 1 lane bridge that is closed. Hope to see you out there!

abel0223
Aug 31 2010, 10:40 AM
I will have everyones money at the mini tonight. I am expecting some ace beer from vinnie and jd!

seewhere
Aug 31 2010, 11:05 AM
JD wont be there he wants me to grab his $$..

edman
Aug 31 2010, 11:15 AM
Nor will V, SNDGC!

abel0223
Sep 01 2010, 12:10 AM
We had a low turnout today, but it was a good time. I think that you all would have a great time on this ace race layout. We had some close calls today, but no aces. The round went pretty quick and it was cheap too! Only $5 dollars per person and we were all home for supper. Make sure you come out next week and give it a try! We had a three way tie for first place with Chris Ware beating out me and Tony for first in a ctp throw off, Tony took second, and I got sent packing! It took a score of 8 down to get in the playoff, which Chris got on the last hole (cheater) and me and Tony both shanked our drives to let him back in it. Hope to see you all out there next week!

ButlerSteveO
Sep 01 2010, 01:20 AM
We had a low turnout today, but it was a good time. I think that you all would have a great time on this ace race layout. We had some close calls today, but no aces. The round went pretty quick and it was cheap too! Only $5 dollars per person and we were all home for supper. Make sure you come out next week and give it a try! We had a three way tie for first place with Chris Ware beating out me and Tony for first in a ctp throw off, Tony took second, and I got sent packing! It took a score of 8 down to get in the playoff, which Chris got on the last hole (cheater) and me and Tony both shanked our drives to let him back in it. Hope to see you all out there next week!

Sounds like good times, I hope that people will find value in this format, it takes numbers to get the bang, and if members support this; there is fun, a little scrath back if no body hits it, and a potential big pay day whenever it builds up. I appreciate your effort to bring our members another opportunity to enjoy the sport that we all love. It's a thankless job to try to grow this sport, and I appreciate all those who do it. And that goes out to all that I see supporting this mini as well

seewhere
Sep 01 2010, 09:58 AM
yes that was FUN!! good shooting able and Tony now if you guys would not haven taken the earlier bogey and gone bogey FREEE like me you would have won!! :):eek: told you guys we should have done a 3 way split :o but parking my putter for the CTP was priceless err I mean worth $8...

edman
Sep 01 2010, 11:11 AM
Able got a couple ideas I want to run by you for Tuesdays. Hope to see you guys tonight.

abel0223
Sep 01 2010, 01:05 PM
I will be there tonight. Thanks for the kind words Steve-O!

seewhere
Sep 07 2010, 11:46 AM
so who is swimming out at G-town later 2 day???

abel0223
Sep 07 2010, 12:09 PM
I am going to play if it let's up at all. If it is a turd floater I will prob stay at home.

abel0223
Sep 07 2010, 04:18 PM
I just looked at the weather report. The radar shows a break in the showers in time for tonights ace race. San Gabe plays well even wet. Make sure you come on out and get you some tonight!

abel0223
Sep 07 2010, 06:41 PM
I am here at the park and the rain is still coming down. I will move start time back to 530 to see if it clears up enough to play. Just might not happen today!

abel0223
Sep 07 2010, 06:59 PM
CANCELED!!!! I don't think it is going to happen tonight. I guess we will try again next tuesday. Just to ugly out here. There is water in the creek though!

seewhere
Sep 08 2010, 10:26 AM
ware was everyone?? I had 2 metals and 1 ace...

abel0223
Sep 13 2010, 10:53 PM
Hope to see you guys out at San Gabe for the Ace Race tomorrow!

seewhere
Sep 14 2010, 12:43 AM
hope to make it depends on work and conference calls.. arg

shannonator
Sep 14 2010, 11:16 AM
Is this open to non-doubleR members?

abel0223
Sep 14 2010, 11:26 AM
Yes it is. 5 dollars to play. San gabe at 5pm

rrdiscgolfer
Sep 15 2010, 03:13 PM
Yes it is. 5 dollars to play. San gabe at 5pm

fun times last night at the mini. even lost my toll change on the ctp run to basket 9 afterwards. wont be at tonights, goin to the MMA fights at the Erwin Center. Watch me on Spike TV tonight, it will be live.
:cool:

ButlerSteveO
Sep 15 2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks to all the Double R Disc Golf Club Members that came by to take a look at our set up. We will be at the same location next week, and better equiped to handle the masses.