530FrisbeeFreak
Aug 18 2010, 12:39 PM
It has finally happened. Disc Golf has hit Californias famous Squaw Valley USA! For those of you who know Squaw, you are probably thinking about the gnarly terrain and wondering how on earth???? Well my friends, Craig Getty has the answer. He and his team of local disc maniacs devised one of the toughest courses that myself and many others believe to be in existence. Highlighted by Squaws signature hole; a whopping 1056ft to the pin from a cliff underneath Silverado chair, that also drops almost 200ft, finishing among large granite boulders that emulate "an island in the sky". Squaws terrain gives way to many other holes, hard spike hyzers to long straight corridors through trees and rock. I have played the course twice, and would encourage any player willing to test their skills to come out and play a round. Access to the course via the High Camp Cable Car costs 24$

Martin_Bohn
Aug 18 2010, 04:22 PM
get ready frisbee freak, you are going to be majorly bashed for..... $24 to play a round of disc golf? youve got to be sh*&^%ng me!! (:

cgkdisc
Aug 19 2010, 10:20 AM
Doesn't sound like it costs that much for DG unless you choose to ride the cable car. But then, the alternative to hike up to the start might be too brutal.

flynvegas
Aug 19 2010, 10:37 AM
Brian Head was $8 to take the lift up. That was reasonable.

Martin_Bohn
Aug 19 2010, 10:59 AM
Doesn't sound like it costs that much for DG unless you choose to ride the cable car. But then, the alternative to hike up to the start might be too brutal.

the hike up can be done by two different trails. both of them will take at least 1.5 to 3 hours of time, 3 for me. with 2000 feet of elevation to deal with (6200 to 8200 climb).
not recommended for the faint of heart.....

Jeff_LaG
Aug 19 2010, 11:31 AM
When looking at prices for disc golf at ski resort courses, you might always want to check and see how much a skyride up the chair lift / cable car costs. This is the price people pay just to ride up the lift in the summertime. Disc golf is usually priced exactly the same, because if it were priced any differently, then people would just buy whatever the cheaper ticket is.

Well fyi, the cost for a Cable Car Ride at Squaw Valley is $24.

flynvegas
Aug 19 2010, 12:53 PM
We had set up temp courses on ball golf courses. They charged us the same as what the ball golfers were paying, $20. That was reasonable as we got carts as well.

Jeff_LaG
Aug 19 2010, 01:10 PM
Flying objects hit Squaw Valley USA (http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20100813/COMMUNITY/100819949/1012)

pterodactyl
Aug 19 2010, 01:59 PM
Flying objects hit Squaw Valley USA (http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20100813/COMMUNITY/100819949/1012)

Squaw Valley isn't exactly free to play. It costs $24 to take the ski lift to the top. There is a bargain of $14 on Tuesday only. It's free if you wish to hike all the way to the top, but that takes quite a bit of time.

The ball golf course also 'rocks' big time.

KL

530FrisbeeFreak
Aug 20 2010, 11:58 AM
Yes the price sucks guys, but the course is worth it, we are working on a disc golf pass or another deal to ride if you just have your bag. We are also involved in talking to admin about the 1st Annual Squaw Valley Pro/Am, we think around this time next year