prairie_dawg
Aug 02 2010, 09:49 PM
Who won POY and ROY and any other awards, volunteer, sportsman, ....?:confused: I just haven't found that info yet.

cgkdisc
Aug 02 2010, 10:24 PM
ROY: Jeremy Koling & Jayne Snider
POY: Nikko Locastro & Valarie Jenkins
TDOY: tie Jussi Meresma & Steve Dodge
HOF: Charlie Callahan, Brain Cummings, Tomas Eckstrom
VolunteerOY: Shawn Sinclair
SRPOY: ??
Sportsmanship: Rebecca Duffy

keithjohnson
Aug 02 2010, 10:29 PM
From memory -

Someone else may add more

Bob West - can't remember - not someone I had heard of in 16 years of playing around the country

Masters Points men - who himself said for the second year in a row that it was silly to win a points title for Masters points even though he had NEVER played in a Masters Event - Climo

Look at Chuck's answer - he's the stats guy :)

prairie_dawg
Aug 02 2010, 11:31 PM
ROY: Jeremy Koling & Jayne Snider
POY: Nikko Locastro & Valarie Jenkins
TDOY: tie Jussi Meresma & Steve Dodge
HOF: Charlie Callahan, Brain Cummings, Tomas Eckstrom
VolunteerOY: Shawn Sinclair
SRPOY: ??
Sportsmanship: Rebecca Duffy
Jayne Snider???!!!???

What about Paige Pierce for ROY. Isn't her rating, event placing in top 7 events better than Jane's? Even her Worlds event rating is better. I'm confused, was she not eligible?:confused:

bruce_brakel
Aug 02 2010, 11:37 PM
I think Paige went pro in December of 2009 which would make 2010 her rookie year which would qualify her for FROY in 2011.

prairie_dawg
Aug 02 2010, 11:41 PM
I think Paige went pro in December of 2009 which would make 2010 her rookie year which would qualify her for FROY in 2011.

Thanks for setting me straight Bruce!:cool:

I didn't mean any disrespect to Jane I was just confused and apologize if it sounded that way!

cgkdisc
Aug 02 2010, 11:50 PM
The ROY and POY awards are given out at Worlds for performance in the previous calendar year. Paige appears to be on the fast track for ROY in 2010.

bruce_brakel
Aug 03 2010, 12:38 AM
Paige looks like a lock for next year, based on her stats so far.

snijay
Feb 24 2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks for setting me straight Bruce!:cool:

I didn't mean any disrespect to Jane I was just confused and apologize if it sounded that way!

Pshhh! Haha. None taken. Paige is a solid player. She turned pro officially after worlds, as was stated. Well deserving of her 2010 ROY.

-Jayne with a "y" ;)