AlmaWillie
Jun 29 2010, 10:48 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone is wanting to take part in a mini before the fireworks in Alma this year? It is once again on the 3rd of July, the only difference is that this year the pool will close down before the fireworks begin (they claim it's b/c of overcrowding and traffic concerns, but I bet it is b/c all those people got caught up in the fire last year!). So, your family could enjoy the pool up until 8:30 (about the time we finish) and then come on up top and watch the fireworks. So, who's in for this year. Post here, call me, or just show up around 5:30 or 6:00. I figure I'll be there!

ChrisEads
Jun 30 2010, 12:59 AM
I will be there and Im pretty sure Matt Loyd will be there as well. So thats at least three there for a mini which means we will hold it for sure.

ChrisEads
Jun 30 2010, 01:00 AM
I suggest we do some kind of skins match. I think it will make it more even for everyone else and could be kind of fun. But Im up for anything.

evandmckee
Jun 30 2010, 01:28 AM
says the guy who birdies hole 6 :o

I'll go $3 a skin

who else?

AlmaWillie
Jun 30 2010, 10:47 AM
Evan, glad I saw you on here, as I had been meaning to ask about the Greenwood thing on the 3rd. What's the plan for it?

Also, I can't do $3/hole, especially against Pro players, but would be glad to have an Am division for a straight-up mini. I may have a couple of my old students up for playing that haven't done so in a long time. We'll just see who shows and what everyone is up for. We'll do something for sure! :)

evandmckee
Jun 30 2010, 12:58 PM
We've always done just a kinda show up and play, optional prize pools if you want in em'

that sounds good to me

we do have a $90ish ace pot at Alma, if we wanted to do a "standard WAFDA mini" to replace the Sunday this week

my plans are up in the air, might be going to the Canyon to check out THE's Fireworks, just unsure if we're going up Saturday or Sunday

if I'm in town on Saturday I should be at Alma

Willie since you're pretty much "for sure" to be there: figure out a good tee time for the "mini" and post up

I'm sure we have some friends in NWA who are probably gonna make this annual trek also :)

evandmckee
Jun 30 2010, 05:34 PM
Evan, glad I saw you on here, as I had been meaning to ask about the Greenwood thing on the 3rd. What's the plan for it?

No plan for it, guess we're not doing it

I had been way too busy with either work or the Alma Greens the past few weeks to give it much thought

kicker is that it's the same day as Alma's Fireworks and my out of town plans are up in the air

I figured that we just don't have the resources to pull it and Alma off with the timing issues

AlmaWillie
Jun 30 2010, 11:27 PM
Let's do 6:00 tee-off, so be up there by 5:45 or so. We'll figure out options of play based on who all is there, but I would bring a few bucks for sure! :)

evandmckee
Jul 01 2010, 02:32 PM
Sounds good, as far as I know I'll be able to be there, if someone is out there earlier, we need to take over the pavilion :D

AlmaWillie
Jul 03 2010, 03:59 PM
Nice showers today to ensure the world doesn't catch on fire tonight due to the HUGE display in Alma, and my SCORCHING round that I plan on shooting!! :)
As long as it's not lightening I'll be at the park around 5-5:15. Everyone come out and enjoy Alma!!

evandmckee
Jul 06 2010, 03:18 PM
Scores from Saturday Evening:

All 8 playing Open

Chris Eads 47 $15
Kevin Jones 49 $10 & Paid CTP $6
Joseph Brandenburger 50 $7
Roger Knight 53
Robert Davis 53
Willie Williams 54
Darrell Bailey 57
Evan McKee DNF

this was a good one, Over $50 in side skins, 3 free merch CTPs, and free Players Packs for all entrants......then we watched fireworks :D

Normal Sunday mini resumes this next Sunday, 2 pm tee-off June 11th

Ace Pot is over $100 :)

evandmckee
Jul 12 2010, 06:56 PM
wrong thread