floppmaster
Jun 03 2010, 03:52 PM
I was wondering what the points r about in your player history and also how do u get player ratings I played a tier c event in may and it shows I played in it but it dosnt give me a player rating just wondering what is going on with that.

davidsauls
Jun 03 2010, 05:48 PM
The points is a system that determines whether you get an invitation to Worlds. It's based on the tier of the tournament, and how many people you beat.

When tournament results are first entered, an unofficial rating is available. When the TD sends his report to the PDGA, the rating disappears. When the next ratings are issued, the official rating will appear in the tournament results.

You don't mention what tournament, but if no ratings are available, it's probably because it's in the interval between the TD turning in the report, and the next ratings update.

floppmaster
Jun 03 2010, 09:05 PM
thanks for the help the tornement was disco demayo in great meadows new jersey. how many points does it take to get to a world? even though im not good eough yet. havnt been playing all that long. but once again your help was very appriciated and look forward to the torny i have in pa now to earnmore points and a better rating the geat pocono open i am much better at those course then anywhere else

davidsauls
Jun 04 2010, 09:30 AM
I'm not sure how many points, but they're to get an INVITATION to Worlds. Those who don't get invitations can still go; generallly speaking, Worlds doesn't fill, except perhaps a few divisions, and whoever wants to go, can.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think many people care a whole lot about points. I haven't heard anyone talk about points from a tournament in probably 10 years, and it rarely comes up in discussion groups.

Ratings, though imperfect, concern many more people. Before ratings, points gave some form of measure of accomplishment ("I'm 3rd in points in my state").