DISConnected
Jun 01 2010, 11:25 AM
Attention Locals!!

It's time once again for the Live Oak Summer Open.

This year's event will be July 24-25 and will be the 8th Annual.

Don't miss it!

Here is a link to the web page, where you can get the flyer, schedule, and more information:

http://www.lodga.com/loso.htm

Online signups are ready on www.twistedflyer.com (http://www.twistedflyer.com)

REMINDER: Beginning in July, all League Minis will be SINGLES and each course, Live Oak and Universal City will be played in the same layout (or as close as possible) to the LOSO layout. So get into a mini and get your practice in for the Big Show!!

JerryChesterson
Jun 01 2010, 12:50 PM
Can't wait for this year's LOSO!

Any info on what courses we'll be playing and when (i.e. Open R1 @ Lake, R2 @ City Hall, etc.)?

jimbob8
Jun 05 2010, 01:24 PM
Hey playa's, in case you haven't heard, Mayor Joe Painter is building two orphanages in Mexico. He and his crew have recently obtained 1300 pair of shoes from a manufacturer in Ft.Worth. 1300 pair of shoes, no socks. So we/LODGA are conducting a SOCK DRIVE for the kids ages 5-12. We are accepting all sizes as long as they are new and packaged.
Please consider changing a life with a pair of socks. The current count is 941! Thanks, hope you get the chance to play in this event, lots of fun planned and the new format @ UC is awesome.

DISConnected
Jun 10 2010, 10:53 AM
Enhanced Players package...$20
Staff shirt...$10
Food...$15
Knowing you contributed to a great tournament...PRICELESS!!

Spotters are needed for both UC and Live Oak courses. Staff to help at headquarters also needed.

I know everyone wants to play their local events. But actually, your local event is the one you need to support, so consider volunteering. One round, one day, or both days, please help support this great event. It takes a lot of people to make things run smoothly. Don't just leave it for others.

Contact me to sign up.

Thanks!!!!!

jimbob8
Jul 01 2010, 06:16 PM
WZUP playas, hope everyone is planning on making this tourny. If you don't play you gotta come out for the RAFFEL. This is the most stacked raffel I have ever seen with sponsors such as Mercadies-Benz, Toyota, Hooters, Texas Roadhouse, just to name a few...not to mention all the CTP's for both the pros & ams. Games to play between rounds and of course we will be hiding EGGS for prizes.. Hope to see y'all out there, UC is looking great. Please don't forget to donate a pair of kids socks, we're close 941/1300.Thanks

opereida
Jul 01 2010, 07:32 PM
Go ahead and add some HomeBrew to the raffle. I'll donate a twelve pack or maybe a little more if it doesn't find it's way down my throat.:D

DISConnected
Jul 01 2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks Bird! Anything over a 12 pack can go to staff hydration. :p

JerryChesterson
Jul 02 2010, 11:04 AM
Brian what are we looking at for players packs?

DISConnected
Jul 02 2010, 11:43 AM
All amateur players will recieve

Tournament Shirt with Fly-Ink stamp
LOSO Koozie
and a ZING Mini

Typically the retail value of these items up to $15 is taken out of Am payout before the payout is calculated.

Well, we are changing that.

Shirts...paid for by sponsorship
Koozies...paid for by sponsorship
ZING Minis...still looking for sponsor, but I think we will find one.

I should add that these sponsorships are not taking anything away from the added cash for pro players. They were donated specifically to cover these items--very little or nothing will be taken from am payout.

By the way, STAFF will receive the same package, plus some more goodies, and we still need some staff, so hit me up if you can help out.

ishkatbible
Jul 02 2010, 03:11 PM
you have a p.m.

vinnie
Jul 07 2010, 12:32 PM
players list are becoming more important all the time.....yah need to get something up....and yes I will be signing up.
I would suggest a personal invite to the top 20 golfers in Texas, this will generate sign up and possible gallery. Come on guys this is you highlight event.....TIME TO SHINE

JerryChesterson
Jul 07 2010, 12:44 PM
players list are becoming more important all the time.....yah need to get something up....and yes I will be signing up.
I would suggest a personal invite to the top 20 golfers in Texas, this will generate sign up and possible gallery. Come on guys this is you highlight event.....TIME TO SHINE

Vinnie please don't slept in the park this year. If you roll in at 3:00 AM and need a place to crash, call me :)

vinnie
Jul 07 2010, 02:40 PM
lol....I enjoyed speaking with LIVE OAKS FINEST
I just may give you a call....

opereida
Jul 10 2010, 09:30 PM
Go ahead and add some HomeBrew to the raffle. I'll donate a twelve pack or maybe a little more if it doesn't find it's way down my throat.:D

Donating 1 case of Easy Drinking Summertime Wheat Beer for the Staff. Just to say Thanks!!! I'll drop it off at HQ on Friday Doubles. A 12 pack to the raffle.:)

opereida
Jul 10 2010, 09:31 PM
Home Brew!!!:D

DISConnected
Jul 10 2010, 10:41 PM
Donating 1 case of Easy Drinking Summertime Wheat Beer for the Staff. Just to say Thanks!!! I'll drop it off at HQ on Friday Doubles. A 12 pack to the raffle.:)

Ssss-wheat!!:D

CGPRush
Jul 11 2010, 06:02 PM

Just so there's no misunderstandings, the doubles HQ is at the UC park where I'll be.
Just saying ...

opereida
Jul 11 2010, 07:13 PM
Ssss-wheat!!:D

I like that. We shall name this batch Ssss-Wheat Beer.;) I picked up a 7.75 Gallon Pony Keg and Tap at the Flea Market today so we'll have it on tap instead. That'll save me from cleaning, bottling, and capping over 50 beers. I'll donate a couple of bottles of some homemade wine for the raffle instead of the beer.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4093/4784722042_04910b9b15.jpg

DISConnected
Jul 11 2010, 08:45 PM
Just so there's no misunderstandings, the doubles HQ is at the UC park where I'll be.
Just saying ...

For control purposes, all donations need to be checked in at Live Oak HQ. We can't have anything falling into the wrong hands.

CGPRush
Jul 13 2010, 02:51 AM
I might have to convene an emergency meeting of the executive board to determine the proper course of action.:D

jimbob8
Jul 13 2010, 06:14 PM
I second that.

DISConnected
Jul 15 2010, 01:28 PM
Could still use a couple more spotters. We will not make you work all rounds. We are trying to keep it to one morning and one afternoon for everyone who volunteers.

If you can help out, please pm me or see me at a mini.

JerryChesterson
Jul 15 2010, 01:31 PM
Something that worked really well at the SA Open was using the card in front to spot on long multi-shot holes (like hole 7). It saved a ton of time and if you are low on spoters at UC, that's an idea.

That hole cased a 20+ minute back up at the mini on Tuesday (thanks to Micah's 2 and almost 3 lost drives). The re-tee was lost even with spotters in fairway :eek:.

NOTE: Micah still beat me by 2 strokes even after taking an 8 on that hole.

opereida
Jul 15 2010, 09:48 PM
Hey Brian, is there anyway you could add me to the players list and I'll pay my entry the Friday before? Thanks......

Orlando Pereida MPO 16355

DISConnected
Jul 15 2010, 09:56 PM
Orlando...Done!!

Players list updated.

jimbob8
Jul 15 2010, 10:13 PM
WZUP playas, hope everyone is planning on making this tourny. If you don't play you gotta come out for the RAFFEL. This is the most stacked raffel I have ever seen with sponsors such as Mercadies-Benz, Toyota, Hooters, Texas Roadhouse, just to name a few...not to mention all the CTP's for both the pros & ams. Games to play between rounds and of course we will be hiding EGGS for prizes.. Hope to see y'all out there, UC is looking great. Please don't forget to donate a pair of kids socks, we're close 941/1300.Thanks

Count is now at 987! Anyone who brings socks (have to be new) for the drive will receieve 2 raffel tickets! Any disc golfer that has already given to the drive will receieve their 2 as well. Thanks in advance for seeing the need for compassion.

DISConnected
Jul 15 2010, 11:22 PM
You need to post that over on the tournament thread.

DISConnected
Jul 19 2010, 12:13 PM
It was just brought to my attention that the flyer says Doubles will be at Live Oak. That is not correct. Doubles will be at Universal City.

I apologize for the mistake.

Sign up for doubles at UC Hole 1 (Old #5 - back parking lot off Cibolo Trail) flex start between 3 - 5 PM.

You can check in Friday (and pay entry fees, if you have not already) at UC Doubles (3-5pm) or Live Oak HQ 3pm-7pm.

If you have already paid your entry and want to check in Saturday, you can check in at Live Oak HQ between 7am-8am.

DISConnected
Jul 21 2010, 11:42 PM
LOSO Spotters and Staff - Please come by HQ at 8 am Saturday so we can coordinate prior to players meeting at 8:30.

Thanks!!!