channelz
May 25 2010, 02:32 AM
2010 Pro Worlds Elite Z Sparkle Proto NUKE plus....

only available at :

www.discgolfflymart.com

the_kid
May 25 2010, 02:32 PM
Is Discraft calling them "plus" or is that what you guys are calling it?

Just wondering because if anything I figured they would use Nuke-X instead of being uber confusing like the Teebird+ and Roc+

Anyway this disc looks sweet and if it is like the Proto I threw it flies just as nice.

quickdisc
May 25 2010, 09:46 PM
http://www.discgolfflymart.com/2010-pro-worlds-elite-z-sparkle-proto-nuke-plus-golf-disc2010.html

channelz
May 26 2010, 12:21 PM
The label on the disc says 'Elite Z Sparkle Proto NUKE +'...I'm giving credit to Discraft for the plus designation...it has a bigger inner rim bead than regular production NUKEs and is the sturdy Z plastic....I sold the 1st 50 in 24 hours and have about 65 left as of this writing.

www.discgolfflymart.com

Furthur
May 26 2010, 01:13 PM
Not approved yet, correct?

the_kid
May 26 2010, 02:20 PM
The label on the disc says 'Elite Z Sparkle Proto NUKE +'...I'm giving credit to Discraft for the plus designation...it has a bigger inner rim bead than regular production NUKEs and is the sturdy Z plastic....I sold the 1st 50 in 24 hours and have about 65 left as of this writing.

www.discgolfflymart.com

In that case, shame on Discraft!

The + thing was a horrible idea when Innova did it and I was hoping it would go away soon.

Hopefully these are like the Kings I threw a few months back since I have been waiting on those ever since,

quickdisc
May 26 2010, 10:32 PM
Hope they Fly like my new Katana.

the_kid
May 27 2010, 01:46 PM
Hope they Fly like my new Katana.

I hope they fly nothing like it!

pterodactyl
May 27 2010, 02:36 PM
Hey ChannelZ,
How do you get around legal issues with the Jimi Hendrix disc? Do you have to pay royalties?

FizzyP
May 27 2010, 08:57 PM
Is Discraft calling them "plus" or is that what you guys are calling it?

Just wondering because if anything I figured they would use Nuke-X instead of being uber confusing like the Teebird+ and Roc+

Anyway this disc looks sweet and if it is like the Proto I threw it flies just as nice.

...so + is confusing but X is not? They're the same symbol rotated by 45 degrees. I fail to see any substantial difference.

channelz
May 28 2010, 12:08 AM
I only sell an occasional Jimi disc...Someone else designs it and Innova prints it...got a Bob Marley and Jerry Garcia Aviar just in the store...at one point the lawyer for Bobs family called me...
http://www.discgolfflymart.com/

the Sparkle Z Proto Nuke plus is not yet approved but is well along the process with no undue delay foreseen.

channelz
May 29 2010, 05:20 PM
The reviews are all positive so far....still a few left...

the_kid
May 29 2010, 05:38 PM
...so + is confusing but X is not? They're the same symbol rotated by 45 degrees. I fail to see any substantial difference.

"X" has been around for at least 10 years to represent a more stable version of a disc while the "+" was just recently introduced to market a disc that supposedly flies the same but has a different rin configuration.

IN this case the disc is a more stable Nuke with a bead which would be a Nuke-X.........or THE KING

DouglasDetroit
Jun 03 2010, 01:12 AM
I thought "X" meant overstable and "L" and "SS" meant less stable. while "+" meant more stable. "+" is more stable then both L and X, as more would mean flying closer to a straight line. is this not right?

the_kid
Jun 03 2010, 06:28 PM
I thought "X" meant overstable and "L" and "SS" meant less stable. while "+" meant more stable. "+" is more stable then both L and X, as more would mean flying closer to a straight line. is this not right?

+ means nothing really

Teebird "+" is supposed to fly the same as a normal TB........but from what I have heard they are pretty overstable.

Roc "+" is supposed to be just like a Roc (with the slanted inner rim) and from what I have seen they aren't super stable or anything and are probably pretty close to a normal Roc.

Nuke "+" is really a Proto they sent to us with a bead and IMO they should call it a Nuke X since it is a lot more HSS than a normal Nuke.

Truthfully idk why they did it...........I don't even know why Innova did it and it seems stupid to me.

bcary93
Jun 03 2010, 07:32 PM
Just because you don't know what it means isn't the same as it having no meaning :!

+ means nothing really

Truthfully idk why they did it...........I don't even know why Innova did it and it seems stupid to me.

No kidding - - why didn't they ask your opinion first?

the_kid
Jun 03 2010, 09:45 PM
Just because you don't know what it means isn't the same as it having no meaning :!

No kidding - - why didn't they ask your opinion first?

To me it seems as though they are following Innova. They get mad at us for comparing our stuff to the other guys yet they call it a Nuke +???

Nuke-X is what this disc is..........or the King.

IMO the TB and Roc + are more confusing than anything and at least this disc is supposed to fly differently which at least gives it a reason to have a different title.

Innova + means the same disc with the same flight (or is supposed to) but the Discraft + means the same thing as an Innova X...........pretty comfusing and hopefully this only sticks around for the fundraisers.

And actually they probably should have asked their players how they felt about the name of the disc....

20460chase
Jun 04 2010, 03:00 PM
And actually they probably should have asked their players how they felt about the name of the disc....

Why?

Everything else I agree with.

channelz
Jun 07 2010, 07:00 PM
So I've shipped quite a few of the Sparkle Elite Z Proto Nuke Pluses....I've heard they were comfortably stable...any feedback?

the_kid
Jun 07 2010, 07:10 PM
Why?

Everything else I agree with.

Because they already ask us for our opinions of discs on our Team site and it would have been fairly easy and common.

Not that is was necessary but it would have been nice.

RhynoBoy
Jun 07 2010, 08:52 PM
The way I see it, Innova coined the term "X" mold. To be different, I think Discraft decided to use "+" to be different, but it happened to come pretty close with the release of the Teebird+ and Roc+ only by coincidence.

mrspank
Jun 22 2010, 01:09 PM
To me it seems as though they are following Innova. They get mad at us for comparing our stuff to the other guys yet they call it a Nuke +???

Nuke-X is what this disc is..........or the King.

Where did you get this name "The King" from? Is that what D is planning on calling it? If so, why not just call it that instead of the Nuke Proto Plus, whatever that is supposed to mean?

the_kid
Jun 22 2010, 06:03 PM
Where did you get this name "The King" from? Is that what D is planning on calling it? If so, why not just call it that instead of the Nuke Proto Plus, whatever that is supposed to mean?

The King was the neame they had been floating around when they sent out the 1st protos with a bead well before the Worlds FR version.

I have no clue why they chose the name they did but if the Nuke-X+ comes out I assume it will be renamed.