May 20 2010, 12:13 PM
Let's make it happen.

pdorries
May 20 2010, 12:33 PM
there is one i think... says penny... i think i'm in it... ill send to you

pdorries
May 20 2010, 12:38 PM
i dont think we are friends, add me, paul dorries

there is no "TDSA" page, but most people are joined with the group Tulsa Disc Golf

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=98501464510

if that works

joshcathey
May 20 2010, 01:08 PM
Why is the "Tulsa Disc Golf" page private, and why does it require "permission" to join? Is it like some secret society you have to be invited into? It should be public and there should be regular updates on all tourneys and other events (pad pours, etc...) in the area.

If not, we should make a TDSA page.

twoputtok
May 20 2010, 01:17 PM
Josh, post the link you are talking about, I don't know of anything private other than having to have a PDGA membership to post here.

joshcathey
May 20 2010, 01:25 PM
Josh, post the link you are talking about, I don't know of anything private other than having to have a PDGA membership to post here.

It's the link Dorries posted. You have to ask permission to join, and you can't see anything about it until you're in. This discourages potential new members. Most pages that are like this get the ole finger from me.

twoputtok
May 20 2010, 01:34 PM
Sounds like that is under Dorries control. If he fixes it as quick as he plays then you need to grab a chair, its going to be a while.:cool:

the camera guy
May 20 2010, 02:18 PM
It should be public and there should be regular updates on all tourneys and other events (pad pours, etc...) in the area.

all that info can be found on this board already, no signup needed to read it...

joshcathey
May 20 2010, 02:27 PM
all that info can be found on this board already, no signup needed to read it...

I know, but facebook has advantages over a msg board. You can create events, send invites and communicate with other attendees, and the user's FB page will remind him/her of those events. And almost everyone uses FB, and you can post without paying PDGA dues, and it's easy to keep up via mobile, and you don't need to create/manage a new profile, etc, etc...

Not that I don't appreciate the msg board, but it's pretty archaic in terms of social networking.

For instance, if Furdog sent a pad-watching invite to the Tulsa Disc Golf page on FB, my guess is that 10X the number of people would know about it. Think of the extra buzz you could generate about a tourney.

pdorries
May 20 2010, 02:50 PM
Wise: It's not under my control at all, and if you think I'm playing slow, you can kiss my ***. The 3 times I "rushed" it at riverside on tuesday, I missed the putts. I would think someone that has been playing golf since they were throwing around pie tins would know about succeeding. If you need lessons on how to get better, gimme a call. My pre-putt routine probably takes 20-30 seconds, if you don't like it, go play casual.

Josh: I don't know why it is private, I think penny or jesse crew started it we could ask them. I think in general you are right about facebook, but tulsa has a huge following on this message board (not like other cities). It would be a good idea to start blending the two because you have some good points. I like both forums and facebook the same, some of the respectable genetlmen like forest and treat like using the forums, even the geezers like wise and furdog know how to use forums, so I think its either the forums or using both that would be the best idea. just my opinion though, you have a lot of good ideas about using facebook to our advantage