evandmckee
May 17 2010, 10:51 PM
The Greeenwood United Methodist Church is having a 3 man scramble on June 5th at Bell Park in Greenwood, Arkansas

This is a charity event to raise funds for their youth program

1st Annual GUMY Disc Golf Tournament

$60 per team ($20 a person)

2 rounds of 18

Shotgun Start at 10 am

Registration ends at 9 am on Saturday June 5th or when event fills (36 team limit)

This event will be flighted, based on the score from round 1 will determine if you are in A Flight or B Flight

Payout will be $120 for 1st, $60 for 2nd - same for both flights

Contacts are Jon Dooly @ 479-459-0081 or Zach Underwood @ 479-252-1623, email: [email protected]

This is event is not sanctioned or hosted by WAFDA, it is a unique format and a charity event

Lunch is provided plus a CTP and Long Drive Contest plus Drawings for prizes

evandmckee
May 17 2010, 10:56 PM
I had been on the fence about this event, basically because of payout and the lower flight making the same as the more talented flight

however, I think that there is a potential for newer players to come to this and to raise awareness about our sport to the public so I have decided to help them out

ChrisEads
May 18 2010, 11:56 AM
How much for the long drive contest?

Rod07Ger
May 18 2010, 01:06 PM
Chris, I think you might be the only one that will have a mandatory (Putter Only) !!!!!! ;)

You still could probably beat most of the field !!!!!! :rolleyes: :D

AlmaWillie
May 18 2010, 01:58 PM
I might have to put John on my team, just so he can do the distance comp...
I think he can give Chris a pretty good run for his money, even though he doesn't play much anymore.

evandmckee
May 18 2010, 06:40 PM
How much for the long drive contest?

they want to do the long drive contest as part of the rounds - almost every hole there can be passed from the tee from any long arm thrower

as far as what the prize is....probably not much, I've been struggling trying to get these guys to wake up to what we are used to - I have explained several different formats that would allow for charity and payout to attract players

I thought they were going one of these routes then they change their mind last minute and copied it from their stick golf format they do every year, problem I see with it is that disc golf has no cart fees, reservation fees, green fees, ect.

in their ball golf long drive they give a nice putter (probably worth some cash)

they actually wanted to give a disc golf putter as the long drive prize

fact is the City of Greenwood is backing them and asked us to help them, it could be a good place to promote disc golf to people that we normally couldn't

as anything concrete develops out of this I'll pass the info along

MattScott
May 19 2010, 02:50 PM
as anything concrete develops out of this I'll pass the info along

"concrete"........how about teepads

get it?

yea...im good

evandmckee
May 19 2010, 03:16 PM
Actually Concrete Tee Pads are going to be done, funding is approved, timing is uncertain when they will be done as of now

MattScott
May 19 2010, 06:19 PM
sweet. good to hear.