ChrisMacG
May 04 2010, 12:48 PM
I work with a disc golf club that puts on 10 sanctioned events and about 20 minis each year. About half the TDs in our group use Macs to organize the events and we are having trouble with the PDGA spreadsheets as they are not compatible with Numbers (the spreadsheet program on the Mac and iPad). We can convert and open Excel files in Numbers but some of the formulas and formatting changes. These changes break formulas and make the spreadsheets less than usable.

I'd also like to run tournaments from my iPad. I've got a Disc Golf League Spreadsheet that I've created but it is pretty stripped back compared to the TD report.

Has anyone made a Numbers version of the TD report or any other tournament related spreadsheet? What about an iPad version of the PDGA tournament spreadsheet?

krupicka
May 04 2010, 12:56 PM
I used numbers for a bit, but finally ditched it for Mac Office 2008. With Excel on the Mac I have run into no issues with the TD report.

sammyshaheen
May 04 2010, 02:20 PM
I did not have any issues when converting from
excel to numbers. I also reverted it back to excel
from numbers. No problems.

RhynoBoy
May 04 2010, 05:17 PM
I just use Mac Office too. I'd love to stick it to the man and use numbers, but excel is the way of the universe. :)

cgkdisc
May 04 2010, 06:33 PM
How well does the free Open Office version of Excel run on the Mac and iPad?

ChrisMacG
May 04 2010, 09:43 PM
I am not interested in running Excel on my Mac. I've had too many issues with Microsoft products on my Mac in the past for me to go down that route again.

OpenOffice works great on my Mac but there's no iPad support.

What about having the TD reports available in Google Docs also? The collaborative elements of Google Docs would allow more than one person to work on a spreadsheet at a time too.

cgkdisc
May 04 2010, 10:22 PM
Not sure what the the plan is for online event posting but that's a ways off and will probably be internal to the PDGA site versus Google Docs. I would think a simple Google Docs spreadsheet could be set up just for entering names, PDGA#s and scores for local collaboration then simply pasted to the Scores page of the TD report when ready to complete it.