hvnafit
May 04 2010, 08:28 AM
I have been watching video of the touring players paying close attention to their putting. They seem to be getting a lot of snap on their putts. I mean from 50' they have this line drive; dead straight at the basket putt that drills the chains. Watching the 2009 Presidents Cup footage really brought this question on. How do they get this type of snap on their putts? How do they keep it dead straight? How do they keep it from hyzering? Maybe the video makes it look like a line drive and the putt may have a little more touch than it seems. It just amazes me to see them putt the way they do!

hvnafit
May 05 2010, 08:21 AM
guess no one has any tips for this!?

md21954
May 05 2010, 04:57 PM
practice

veganray
May 05 2010, 05:09 PM
I hate it when I get the snap on my putts, but the zipper is even worse.

snap7times
May 09 2010, 04:40 AM
it's confidence.. speed of the entire motion makes the disc travel a little faster than most amateurs putt at... practice will get you there someday

pterodactyl
May 10 2010, 01:30 PM
guess no one has any tips for this!?
Here's a tip:
If you are having problems hyzering out before you get to the basket and missing on the amateur side of the chains, you may need to aim at something other than the links in the front of the basket. Try picking out a link in the back of the chain assembly to hit. This may give you the extra impetus that your disc needs to hit chains and not hyzer out early.

veganray
May 10 2010, 02:39 PM
I visualize trying to knock off a beer can perched on the opposite side of the rim of the bucket from where I'm throwing.

pterodactyl
May 10 2010, 04:28 PM
Now that's some good visualization. :0

md21954
May 11 2010, 08:45 AM
I visualize trying to knock off a beer can perched on the opposite side of the rim of the bucket from where I'm throwing.

i knocked a beer can out of bb's hand (the HH walkabout guy) from about 20 yds with a snowball back in february. the best part was that i called the shot. mrs. boyce witnessed.

gotcha
May 12 2010, 08:42 AM
i knocked a beer can out of bb's hand (the HH walkabout guy) from about 20 yds with a snowball back in february. the best part was that i called the shot. mrs. boyce witnessed.

As opposed to the PP walkabout guy? :D

Nice shot, btw...

tanner
May 12 2010, 06:34 PM
I'd be surprised if some of those long putts didn't move right to left some. A profile view might hide that.

But along the lines of what snap7times said, it's confidence of the whole motion. The whole thing starts at your toe and the energy moves through your whole body and out through your fingers into the disc.

Using a Dyna Flex powerball daily helps putting too.