SCOTT
Apr 26 2010, 04:28 PM
Who: Anyone interested in playing Disc Golf!
No need to be a PFDS member; you can play one time or play every time
What: Moraine Doubles League
Where: Lakeview Disc Golf Course at Moraine State Park
When: Starts Friday May 7th at 5PM and continues every Friday until we run out of Daylight. Start time and Tee selection will be adjusted depending on daylight.
Cost: $5 ($1 optional Ace Pot) 100% Payout!

Format: The format will be exactly like the Knob Hill Doubles for now.
Pro & Advanced players will be randomly matched with Intermediate and Recreational Players.

SCOTT
May 05 2010, 12:18 AM
The 2010 Candy Fundraiser Discs for the Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open are here!
Several molds are available this year. We have the Champion Gator, Champion Glo Gazelle, Champion Glo TBird+, and the new Champion Katana. All will be sold for $20 and proceeds benefit this years PFDO. If you are unfamiliar with what exactly the CFR gets you check out this link. http://www.innovadiscs.com/cfr/rewards.html

The discs will be made available for the first time this Friday at the new Moraine Doubles League. Cash or Disc Credit will be accepted. Get yours now while the weight you want is still available.

SCOTT
May 20 2010, 11:05 PM
Tomorrow at 5PM Mixed doubles at Moraine. We are going to play the Blue Tees this week. If we finish up in good time I might move the start time 6PM for next so that more of you all can make it out. If I think of it there may be a CTP out there tomorrow night too. CFR discs are still available.

SCOTT
May 26 2010, 03:56 PM
It seems like I have a good idea of how long the rounds take compared to the daylight remaining. As of June 4th the start time for doubles will be 6PM and will stay at 6PM until July 30th. At that time we will start rolling back to 5:30PM.This Friday will remain at 5:30 as announced last week at doubles. Come on out and enjoy the good weather while we have it. Entry is $5 and we pair you up with a partner. Optional Ace Pot for $1 and is currently at about $15 and growing!

gotcha
Jul 01 2010, 01:19 AM
Moraine Doubles has been permanently changed to Thursdays for the remainder of the year.

Tonight (July 1) is the first one! 6:00 sharp!

:)

gotcha
Aug 26 2010, 08:33 AM
Tonight is the final Moraine Doubles League night for 2010. There's approximately $100+ in the ace pool and we will be playing from the white tees. Weather is supposed to be perfect, too!

Tee time is 6:00 pm sharp!

SCOTT
Aug 26 2010, 11:34 AM
Free refreshments tonight too! I would also like to mention that last week Shayla won the CTP on #1.

gotcha
Jun 01 2011, 09:57 AM
Moraine Doubles League

Thursdays @ 6:00 pm

Ace pot is currently over $125 and all the baskets are presently in the A-pins (except for 18 c-pin).

gotcha
Jun 23 2011, 08:43 AM
Grass was cut earlier this week and the fairways are roller friendly! Ace pot should be around $170 and the buckets are still in the a-pin settings.

Jeff_LaG
Jun 27 2011, 05:52 PM
Ooooo, I LOVE throwing backhand rollers at Moraine! From the gold tees, I've deuced hole#5, parked my approach on hole#8 for a birdie 3, parked hole#9 for a deuce, and parked hole#17 for a deuce. (Not all in the same round, mind you!) I've also tried forehand rollers on hole#16 and on a few other holes, but they didn't work out as well. :o

gotcha
Jun 28 2011, 08:54 AM
When was the last time you were at MSP, Jeff?

Jeff_LaG
Jun 28 2011, 01:29 PM
Jerry, I think it was 2008 if not earlier. :o

I used to get out to da Burgh with friends for "Boys Weekends" but since my wife's cousin in McKeesport had a baby a few years ago, I have been coming out with my wife. Considering their location on the south side it's been far easier to play Deer Lakes instead of making the long trek up to Moraine. There's also been something new at Deer Lakes just about every time I come out, which has enticed me to play there.

I'll be out in about a month for a U2 concert, and then again in late August to help out for the 2011 Scholls Bicycle Centers Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open National Tour event, and then again in early September for the Seahawks @ Stillers game. (assuming the NFL season starts on time) I will definitely make sure to play Moraine during one of those three trips. :cool:

gotcha
Jun 08 2012, 11:51 AM
The Thursday night Moraine Doubles league now starts at 6:00 pm. The PFDS Event Calendar has not been updated with this new start time. Entry fee is only $5 with an extra $1 for the ace pool. Currently, the ace pool is around $125.

Also, the grass was cut over the past two days and the course looks great!