Marie42317
Apr 05 2010, 08:27 PM
32nd Annual Norman Pro/Am
- B-tier PDGA sanctioned tournament -

2nd leg of the Sooner Point Series

May 29th and 30th, 2010
2 rounds per day, one at Griffin and one at Lions, with the Final 9 being played at Lions

$1,000 added cash! Tons of cool prizes for raffle! 3-keg afterparty!

Don't forget to volunteer for workdays (Sat. and Sun.'s, 10:30 a.m. at Lions Park) and receive work-crew-only prizes and gifts!

Discs left over from the Three-Park Throwdown will be available to buy at the Pro/Am! So, if you missed your chance the first time, stop by and get what you were missing!

FEES
$10 DISCOUNT FOR ALL CURRENT PDGA MEMBERS!
(Pre-registration is available at PDGA.com or through Marie (405) 365-8038)

Open: $95
Open Masters, Gr. Masters, Sr. Gr. Masters: $90
Open Women: $85
Open Women Masters, Gr. Masters, Sr. Gr. Masters: $80
Advanced: $70
Advanced Masters, Gr. Masters, Sr. Gr. Masters: $65
Advanced Women: $60
Advanced Women Masters, Gr. Masters, Sr. Gr. Masters: $55
Am: $55
Am Women: $45
Novice: $45
Novice Women: $35
Juniors (11 to 16): $20
Juniors (10 and under): $15

Additional $5 Discount for all current SDG members! (If you need to re-up or sign up, membership apps will be available at the tournament! Dues are $20)

Afterparty for all players over 21! Sponsored by Coors and Miller! Hosted by Jake Christian!

Player's Pack includes your choice of CFR/TFR plastic, a hat, a shirt, or a towel, a mini, and much more!

kyle
Apr 06 2010, 09:42 PM
It would be nice to see this show up on the PDGA schedule.

Marie42317
Apr 06 2010, 11:42 PM
Lmao! I'm filling out the pre-registration paperwork and will be filing it all online tomorrow! ;)

Marie42317
Apr 27 2010, 08:35 PM
Pre-registration is now available on the PDGA site! Thanks everyone!

Marie42317
Apr 29 2010, 10:17 PM
UPDATE: The Rampage Jackson vs. Rashad Evans UFC Pay-Per-View Fight will be shown at the afterparty!! See you there!

Marie42317
May 09 2010, 02:32 PM
SATURDAY (MAY 29TH) SCHEDULE FOR THE PRO/AM

A Flight: Registration at Lions Park from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
Rules at 8:45
Round 1 begins at 9:00 a.m.
Round 2 begins at 1:00 p.m.

B Flight: Registration at Lions Park from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Rules at 11:15
Round 1 begins at 11:30 a.m.
Round 2 begins at 3:00 p.m.

Afterparty: MUST BE 21 OR OLDER TO ATTEND!! Please be considerate of the start time posted here and give us time to set up! Thank you!
At Jake Christian's house: directions available through TD
Starts at 8:00 p.m.
Ends at 1:00 a.m.
UFC fight begins at 9:30

$5 cover charge includes food (provided by Chelino's) and beer (provided by Miller and Coors). Liquor and mixers not provided, so feel free to bring your own!

Also, please be responsible for your own trash. Garbage cans will be placed all around the property, so there's no excuse to throw your stuff on the ground. Jake and Sheva are kind enough to host this for us, let's make sure they don't regret it, okay?

Thanks for your cooperation and attendance! See you there!

stanherrman
May 10 2010, 11:19 AM
I assume that A-Flight is the Advanced and Open divisions with B-Flight being the divisions that will use shorter tees...

mutt
May 10 2010, 11:33 PM
You should be correct unless otherwise told (since I have nothing to do with the inner workings of this tournament). But that is how it has been in the past. Hope all my norman friends are safe....

stanherrman
May 11 2010, 09:40 AM
Hope so to. A tiny tornado at Indian Hills & Santa Fe rocked my truck around quite a bit as I was driving home. Apparently that thing grew bigger and went on to wipe out that Love's store in Choctow. Hope our friends in Harrah are okay also!!

arlskipshot1
May 11 2010, 11:07 PM
Here's hoping all you discers up there are okay and still have a roof over your head. You are in our thoughts, so keep us posted as to your situation. Also, the forecast I saw here this morning said you may be in for another bout tomorrow. Stay hard.

mutt
May 11 2010, 11:57 PM
Marie, are both rounds on sat going to be at lions? Then I guess both rounds on sunday at griffin?

shakenbake54
May 12 2010, 08:28 AM
Mike, A flight will play 3 rounds Lions and 1 round Griffin. Griffin will be the first round Sunday. I don't remember when B flight plays Griffin. Hope that helps.

junky
May 12 2010, 09:05 AM
courses are playing tough right now

kyle
May 12 2010, 09:30 AM
Mike, A flight will play 3 rounds Lions and 1 round Griffin. Griffin will be the first round Sunday. I don't remember when B flight plays Griffin. Hope that helps.

On April 5th this was posted:

2 rounds per day, one at Griffin and one at Lions, with the Final 9 being played at Lions

So what is correct????

shakenbake54
May 12 2010, 01:47 PM
I'm just remembering what I saw at the SDG meeting last week. I could be wrong...I usually am....so I guess we'll just wait for Marie to chime in.

Marie42317
May 13 2010, 09:27 PM
Kyle, the format has changed from what I was originally told. I apologize for the previous inaccuracy, but this is why I give constant updates! Lol! The newest post is the correct one. 3 rounds at Lions, 1 round at Griffin. Does that answer your question?

Marie42317
May 13 2010, 09:31 PM
courses are playing tough right now

J-Ace, is there something in particular you were wanting fixed? Or were you referring to the tree on hole 10 (?) that was torn up during somebody's adolescent fit of rage?
I'll take all the suggestions I can get for course maintenance and renovations!! :D Or if you want, you could bring up your concerns at the next workday (which is this Saturday at 10:30 at Lions - if that one gets rained out the next one will be on Sunday).

junky
May 14 2010, 09:12 AM
Nothing in particular...everything is looking good. Lots of work has already been put in. I think y'all are doing a fine job. Having said that, I hope to be at this weekends workday. Tournament last weekend in TX. and the J O B the previous weekends have made me miss the last several. Hole 10? @ Lions or Griff?

Marie42317
May 14 2010, 10:08 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but I heard it was Hole 10 at Lions. Grrr....

We'd love to see you out there! And don't worry! We understand that those with full-time jobs have a hard time making it out for workdays! If I worked full-time I wouldn't want to spend my entire weekend working for free!! Lol!

Marie42317
May 19 2010, 10:32 PM
Final workday before the Pro/Am is this weekend! The City of Norman is delivering wood chips to Lions and we will need help spreading them around the course! Please volunteer your time and any wheelbarrows, shovels, or rakes you have and join us at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday (and Sunday) at Lions! See you there!

Marie42317
May 20 2010, 10:27 PM
Online registration closes this Friday (May 21)!! If you haven't registered online yet, you might want to hurry! Otherwise, we still have spots available for day-of sign-up or you can pre-register by calling Marie at (405) 365-8038.
See you there!

stanherrman
May 21 2010, 10:28 AM
Guess I waited until the last day... Git-r-dun...

BillyAce
May 26 2010, 01:29 AM
Only 3 more days....can't wait! There's has been a whole lot of hard work put out from everybody and the course are in top shape. Thanks to everyone who has helped to make this happen!!

stanherrman
May 26 2010, 03:07 PM
Yes, lots of work has been done and examples are to be found on darn near every hole at Lions and Griffin. Gr8 job everyone!!!

I just confirmed with Marie:

Friday @ Griffin Park will be Pro/Am Doubles starting around 6:00pm (not flex start). $5 per player... It will be a flip/random draw matching up a Pro and an Am for each team.

Marie will be at Griffin about 4:00pm on Friday to accept sign-ups and will have tourny discs (and certainly other stuff) for sale. She will also be selling tourny discs at Wednesday's mini at Lions.

stanherrman
May 26 2010, 05:10 PM
Corrected format of Friday doubles (after Steve corrected our thoughts)...

Marie42317
May 26 2010, 10:28 PM
Yes, lots of work has been done and examples are to be found on darn near every hole at Lions and Griffin. Gr8 job everyone!!!

I just confirmed with Marie:

Friday @ Griffin Park will be Pro/Am Doubles starting around 6:00pm (not flex start). $5 per player... It will be a flip/random draw matching up a Pro and an Am for each team.

Marie will be at Griffin about 4:00pm on Friday to accept sign-ups and will have tourny discs (and certainly other stuff) for sale. She will also be selling tourny discs at Wednesday's mini at Lions.

Sorry guys! One last correction (and from now on, I think Steve will be posting these himself! Lol!). He decided that Friday night doubles will be held at Lions. Sorry for the confusion. These things happen! Lol!
See you there!

stanherrman
May 27 2010, 10:30 AM
Does Steve even know how to find this website on the internet? ;)

BillyAce
May 31 2010, 01:12 AM
I don't wanna sound like a suck up but, this was the best tournament I've been in so far! The towels are legit and the ring of fire was fun.

P.S. It pays when you move up!

omegaputt
May 31 2010, 12:42 PM
Scores??? Who Won?

stanherrman
May 31 2010, 10:10 PM
Coda Hatfield raised the trophy. This is his 6th straight win at the Norman Pro/Am! The final four was Coda, Mitch Mac, Paul Dorries, and .....???.. The name escapes me. We've got some decent video of the final nine and I'll figure it out.

BillyAce
May 31 2010, 10:18 PM
Brad workman I think

CB2
May 31 2010, 11:26 PM
Coda Hatfield raised the trophy. This is his 6th straight win at the Norman Pro/Am! The final four was Coda, Mitch Mac, Paul Dorries, and .....???.. The name escapes me. We've got some decent video of the final nine and I'll figure it out.

7th straight if you count his Advanced win in 2004. :)

Chinki182
Jun 01 2010, 11:28 AM
when will the scores be sent in to be rated?

CB2
Jun 01 2010, 12:48 PM
when will the scores be sent in to be rated?

I don't want to know a couple of my round ratings :D

wforest
Jun 01 2010, 11:01 PM
I don't wanna sound like a suck up but, this was the best tournament I've been in so far! The towels are legit and the ring of fire was fun.

P.S. It pays when you move up!
... sounds Great , Billy ... see ya at Haikey ...

junky
Jun 03 2010, 10:45 AM
Scores please.

stanherrman
Jun 03 2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah, the posting of the online scores will be delayed. Marie wants to be absolutely sure that the TD report is done correctly. At last night's mini she spent considerable time discussing the details with those who have been through this before. Additionally, the club is meeting "in executive session" tonight to ensure everything from the weekend is covered. Afterwards, it should just be a task of getting it together and uploaded.

I will stay in contact with her and keep everyone informed.

Stan

junky
Jun 03 2010, 01:22 PM
THanks Stan

nrfwind
Jun 03 2010, 05:46 PM
Hey, thanks for the update, Stan!

stanherrman
Jun 04 2010, 10:38 AM
Hey Frenchy! After talking with you this weekend, now I understand your screen name. Way cool...

J.Ace, I enjoyed being your Am partner in the Friday Pro/Am... That was an enjoyable evening. Watching the "debate society" figure out who was "Pro" and who was "Am" was priceless!!!

junky
Jun 04 2010, 01:24 PM
Yep, Stan, it was fun...too bad we couldn't string together more birds. Also, what's the word on the scores? Can't we post "unofficial" scores? See what you can come up with.

kyle
Jun 04 2010, 03:52 PM
Scores are posted.

Marie42317
Jun 04 2010, 04:00 PM
Thank you guys for your patience! (J-Ace, you really know how to give a lady a break! :P )
See you at States!

junky
Jun 04 2010, 04:06 PM
Impatience is a virtue? Ha. Just a little positive pressure Marie. Some of my friends that don't play, but try to keep up with how I'm doing wanted to know. : ) Thanks

Marie42317
Jun 04 2010, 05:39 PM
I was just messing with you, J-Ace! This was my first time doing the TD report (with A LOT of help from Kyle!) and I'm kind of a perfectionist, so I had to OCD-out on it for awhile. But it is now done and sent in to the PDGA and the scores have been posted so that ratings can be compiled!
See you at States!

stanherrman
Jun 04 2010, 06:22 PM
Wow, Coda's 46 on Griffin gets rated 1070!!

Bubba's 54 at Griffin is pretty solid and was certainly a big factor in his win...

Good job Kyle on another victory and helping Marie get everything figured out!

Marie42317
Jun 04 2010, 08:07 PM
Hey guys, check the "Sooner Point Series 2010" thread for updated points in the Series!

Marie42317
Jun 04 2010, 11:52 PM
Last note on the Pro/Am: One enORmous "Thank you!" to everyone who helped out before, during and after the tournament - especially James Emmons (you're the ish and I'll reserve a table at the Mont for you for States!), Jason Bieda, Jerry Power, Kyle Power, Kim Frederick, Mike Hooper, Matt and Roxy Engel, Daryl Johnson, and Cameron Kaspereit (sp?)! You guys are some of the sweetest, most understanding and helpful people I've ever met and I am honored to be learning how to run these gigs from all of you! Thank you and we'll see you at States!