csheafer
Mar 28 2010, 03:38 PM
Hey, does any one know what is going on? There were only a few short tweets and no updates now for 45 minutes....
I know they pulled the field in due to lighting, but they have not said a word for 45 minutes. I am staring at a blank live scoring card now...
No new pics, no updates.

What's going on there?
I am supposed to continue staring at this thing?
How about some commentary or something???

csheafer
Mar 28 2010, 04:10 PM
PDGA.... please take note.

You added live coverage with the hopes that hundreds or thousands of people would follow it on their computers, along with the commentary and picture updates.

For what ever reason, through hole 8, there was little to no commentary, and now it has stopped altogether due to either a rain delay, or the tournament has been stopped altogether... we don't know, because there are no updates.

You can't have something that is live with nothing at all going on, or people are not going to follow this.

Keep the commentary going if there is a delay... something.... anything every few minutes to keep us interested. Pictures... they don't have to stop. There are still people there. How about pictures of the storm? Or, pictures of the course as it's storming? Something... anything....

Love the idea, not as good as live tv but a lot of us disc golfers like to follow the top golfers in the world. Just put a little more priority in sending a sentence of text every few minutes instead of just complete stoppage.

csheafer
Mar 28 2010, 04:24 PM
A couple of more notes....
How about as part of the commentary, you post which one of the possible 3 tee locations are being used?
What is the wind like?
What are the course conditions?

We know now that things are fixing to start back up at 3:30....
But, we don't know....
What is meant that we are going to tee off at 3:30?
Is the storm passed or is it raining?
Has the wind picked up a lot?
What is the disposition of the players?
Are they going to just go to the last tee box or did they mark their lies?

Seems like a little more input can be put in so we can get the feel of what is going on besides just the live scoring.

For instance.... I see Climo has 8 birds in a row! Wow. Not a comment about that? No comments about the drives, approaches or putts?

Step it up or get a teenager who can tweet faster then they can talk to do the job!

bazkitcase5
Apr 06 2010, 02:13 AM
can't believe nobody has responded to these posts - these are excellent questions and points

such simple things can go such a long way

cgkdisc
Apr 06 2010, 10:27 AM
Those involved likely haven't seen this thread. Contact the PDGA HQ directly if you want a response.