evandmckee
Mar 26 2010, 05:25 PM
I've teamed up with the Pleasant View Disc Golf Club in Russellville to start an annual sanctioned event there, any that have played the course will agree that it's an incredible piece of property and layout.

We've chosen the charity route because of our strong feelings in promoting our future, the youth to this great sport.

The PDGA has been kind enough to allow us in the Charity Endowment Program which entails 25% of the entry and the normal $2 player fee plus $2 additional to go to the charity, this also allows the $10 non-member fee to be waived - there are no mulligans with this event so it will be rated

For a $22 entry fee - Basically $10 to EDGE, $2 to the SN Series and the rest towards payout, included in the entry is a FREE Players Pack to ALL players worth a min. of $20, the Pleasant View Disc Golf Club has done an outstanding job getting sponsors - if we get more sponsors it will go to fatten the event up as best we can

One of my key goals is to educate the growing number of newer disc golfers in this area about the regional tourney scene as well as the benefits the PDGA can provide

This event is one of many qualifiers for Arkansas residents to make the cut and play on Aug. 7th at Russellville to decide our State USDGC Rep along with the cash to help fund the trip

Of course it is also a SN Qualifier to support this great series and ensure that our players can attend the combined pro/am SN Championships in Memphis over Labor Day weekend

We have several key sponsors including Keen, the makers of the Milo disc golf shoe and also Maui Jim Sunglasses.

The Pleasant View Disc Golf Club has already obtained many key local sponsors that we'll be listing soon - as they continue to obtain sponsors we will make this tourney as fat as we can!!

I believe this event to be a great value for a great cause and it will only get better :)

http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/e/v/a/n/mckee/2010-03/sb/war_on_the_shore_flyer_final-960224.jpg

acesinthehole
Mar 26 2010, 10:50 PM
this is going to be a blast! everyone needs to come out and enjoy this weather and awesome course. we will be making some changes to the course between now and the time of the tournament. :) we've all worked hard to get this thing to be nice for everyone and support a good cause! hope to see everyone there!

acesinthehole
Apr 14 2010, 12:27 AM
Evan has the plastic in for the War on the Shore so everyone take a look. They players pack's will include your choice of 1 of the following:
Star Orc
Champ XG Boss
Star Eco Destroyer
Star Roc+

On top of that you'll recieve a mini and sticker! Come on down and play one of the best disc golf courses around!

evandmckee
Apr 14 2010, 03:03 PM
We also have some very sweet raffle items and lots of CTP prizes

in the players pack everyone will receive 1 raffle ticket and more can be purchased to fatten your chances of winning

we have such items as:

Merch from KEEN shoes (including a voucher for a free pair of KEENS!)
Merch from Maui Jim Sunglasses
Merch from Innova Champion Discs (including a Traveller Basket)
A stack of War on the Shore Plastic with 1 of ea. custom stamped discs
incl.: JK Aviar, Pro Katana, Star Roc +, Ch. Glo Teebird +, Ch. Max, Star Orc, Eco Destroyer, XG Boss

PLUS MORE!!

Also look for this course to play even harder than normal, Mando on hole 5, alternate basket locations on Hole 2 and either 15 or 16, the one that we can push a basket placement on a penninsula

PVDGC is hooking this thing up and all for a great cause of getting Disc Golf to our youth thru the EDGE Program

We've had some good numbers of locals pre-regging - looking like it's gonna be a real fun one :D

Rod07Ger
Apr 14 2010, 06:48 PM
Planning on being at this one !!!!!! For the bargain price of the year ($22) !!!!!! :)

Hoping to bring a carload or two if possible to Russellville, Ar. !!!!!! :cool:

Evan, Matt L. and company will put on a good show !!!!! :cool:

evandmckee
Apr 20 2010, 04:42 PM
We are around 30ish paid pre-regs and another 20ish verbal commitments on this so there are plenty of spots open

There will be dubs available on Friday, I'll find out about the cost/times ect. and post more info on that

I should be at the course by 2ish Friday afternoon, we will take sign-ups and have players packs available then

We want to thank these folks for sponsoring and making this event happen:

Pleasant View Disc Golf Club
Steve Bennett
Stoby's Restaurant
Poppa Wheelies
Grace Fellowship Church
Mark Lykins
Collins Plumbing
KEEN
Maui Jim Sunglasses
Innova Champion Discs
WAFDA

evandmckee
Apr 21 2010, 04:17 PM
Steve Bennett will be running doubles this Friday, 1 pm till 6:30ish

Pro: $10 per team / 100% payout cash
Am: $10 per team / 100% payout merch

I should be there 2ish for those wanting to get their players packs and/or register

Gonna be a Fun One!!

evandmckee
Apr 22 2010, 05:45 PM
we're not going to be able to do the harder basket placements on hole 2 & 15

hole 5's mando will just be a mando left with a drop zone

also we're going to allow the players to pick their players pack disc from all 8 molds instead of just 4

Ch. Max
Eco Star Destroyer
Ch. Glo Tee-Bird+
Star Rancho Roc+
JK Aviar
Pro Katana
Star Orc
Ch. XG Boss

we should be able to start giving players packs around 2ish on Friday during doubles

Rod07Ger
Apr 26 2010, 11:58 AM
AWESOME !!!!! Evan, Matt L. and staff did a great job with the 1st Annual "War on the Shore" !!!!!! :cool:

The course in Russellville deserves and should have a quality event annually !!!!!!! This tourney was a great start to the future development of Disc Golf in the area !!!!!! :)

I look forward to playing disc golf next year at the 2nd annual "War on the Shore" !!!!!!! :cool:

evandmckee
Apr 26 2010, 04:14 PM
Scores are finally up, I'm missing 2 score port cards - I'll figure it out from the actual scorecards which are at home later

I think Matt Loyd's 895 rating and then shooting the hot round of 53 lowered the ratings :D

$660 Raised for the EDGE Program!!

The lightning scared the crap out of me, the delay and getting out late at around 7ish also sucked but other than that it was great to see so many new players and old friends, we had 6 Juniors which was awesome

This is definitely a premiere course - the USDGC State Spot Playoff on August 7th is gonna Roc!!

Rod07Ger
Apr 26 2010, 05:52 PM
How about all those WAFDA members !!!!!!! :cool:

I'm counting at least 15-16 in the house !!!!!! More signs of a growing Disc Golf community thats going to make some WAVES in the future !!!!!! :cool:

Maybe SOONER than LATER !!!!!! :eek:

evandmckee
Apr 26 2010, 07:22 PM
Players that qualified for the USDGC State Rep Championships from the War on the Shore

John Iverson
Matt Loyd
Chris Lingle (used to live in Rock Hill, has staffed and played many times)
Roger Knight
Gary Collins

Full info on wafda.org

acesinthehole
Apr 29 2010, 10:57 AM
This is a little late because we've allready been planning our next event (more details to come) but I want to thank everyone for coming out. Sorry about the weather...and bugs...and wind, but other then that, I couldn't be happier. Evan put a ton of work into helping us have our first PDGA sactioned event on our great course. Glad everyone could be a part of it!