Godfather
Mar 23 2010, 03:06 PM
Why are some tournaments not included in the new ratings update? I played the Fountain Hills Thrills tournaments back in January and it isn't included in my rating. It was a C tier event so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.
Thanks

md21954
Mar 23 2010, 03:34 PM
it could be that the td didn't get the official report in on time, or the event was too close to cut it, or maybe one's membership wasn't current, or maybe there was a mistake on the report, or maybe there weren't enough propogators in one's division.

i'd check with the td

cgkdisc
Mar 23 2010, 04:27 PM
Everyone can tell whether the report has been turned in simply by bringing up the Tournament Scores display. If it says "Unofficial Results" then the TD has not turned in the report. If the little gold cup is by the tournament listing on the PDGA calendar, just pass your mouse over it. If it says "Unofficial Tournament Results" the PDGA does not have the report from the TD yet.
http://www.pdga.com/faq/ratings/unofficial-versus-official-ratings-and-results

dtwo
May 04 2010, 10:18 AM
Another twist ...

The Disc Outfitters Spring Equinox shows up as official, but is not included in my rating or rating details:
http://www.pdga.com/player-ratings-detail?PDGANum=27883&year=2010

Never mind ... Looks like I was catching cached pages of my ratings details before the update ... it is all better now!

krupicka
May 04 2010, 10:22 AM
I think you caught it while the database was being updated. Check again. btw what happened to having our PDGA #s in the left column of our posts. We're back to click, copy, hover, click, paste again. :-(

MelShuman
May 04 2010, 10:35 AM
Why do we still have results from March and April 2009 included in our new ratings? I always thought it was an average of the last 1 year period. I was hoping to drop a couple of low rated rounds from last season and maybe push above 1000 for the first time ever.

cgkdisc
May 04 2010, 10:38 AM
Your rating includes all events within 12 months from the actual date of each player's most recently rated round, whatever that is for each person. If you don't have new rounds, the old ones won't drop off just because the calendar moves forward.

MelShuman
May 04 2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks Chuck. That makes sense. I have been chasing that 4 digit rating for several years, and each time I get close, something else keeps it from happening. Just once is all I want. I guess I need to make a few more putts and then everything would work out fine. Thanks again.

hankdabank
May 07 2010, 01:29 AM
My question also has to do with tournaments not showing up in my personal stats page.
I've played several tournaments recently (the last 4 weekends in a row), and while I know that a couple of them would have been too recent for the cut-off, I was sure that at least one would get in this update.
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10149 This is the "Official Results" for the Pro CrossTown and it is not listed on my stats page. It is, however, included in my "Ratings Detail" page.

I guess my actual question is this:
Why does this tournament not show up on my list of events for the year when it does show up in the detail section and has affected my rating (positively)?

Thanks,
Henry Childres

cgkdisc
May 07 2010, 09:58 AM
Looks like Pro Crosstown shows up in both:
Your Stats page: http://www.pdga.com/player-stats?PDGANum=24834&year=2010
Your Ratings Detail: http://www.pdga.com/player-ratings-detail?PDGANum=24834&year=2010

hankdabank
May 07 2010, 10:33 AM
Ah, I see. Good call there. I was just surprised that Atlanta wasn't in there, and must have overlooked CrossTown.

Thanks for your help.

hankdabank
May 20 2010, 05:31 PM
What can be done about TD's not entering scores or taking a very long time to do so? Also, what if they make some mistake and enter the scores for the wrong layout/wrong course and it skews the ratings?

Case in point: Alamance Pro - Am B Tier Burlington, NC Sat-Sun, May 1-2, 2010
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10418&year=2010&include_ratings=1#Open
All the ratings seem very low...

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Henry

cgkdisc
May 20 2010, 05:37 PM
You can just pretend those scores and ratings aren't there until made official. The only thing worth being concerned about is if any of the scores that do get posted look wrong, but not the ratings. Those ratings are not connected mathematically to what will be posted as official. TDs are not yet required to post the scores online yet so it's up to the players to encourage their TDs to do so, and do it properly.

hankdabank
May 20 2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the quick answer.

I did make a call to the TD on Monday to politely encourage him to get the scores posted. He did so relatively quickly after that.

warlocks00
Jun 08 2010, 12:28 PM
Not 100% sure this is the right thread for this post, but didn't think it needed it's own thread....so here it goes!

At worlds last year I tore the labrum in my right shoulder(ended up I had to have surgery to repair it). Since then I've been playing lefty, hince the drop to Rec. in the first place

Anyway, I played in our biggest event of the year, a B teir in San Angelo, Tx. back in August. It was a 3 round event, but I only got a ratings for 2 of the rounds. Actually the entire group that played the course I played in the 3rd round didn't get that round rated.

Can you explain why this is?
Will it eventually get rated?
If not, how can we prevent this from happening in the future?

I pay the PDGA yearly fee....well for one to save the $10 non-member fee, but also so I can have rated rounds. So it kind of stinks I had to follow PDGA rules for a round that didn't even count in the eyes of the PDGA.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9902&year=2010&include_ratings=1#Open

Thanks for any insight!

krupicka
Jun 08 2010, 12:40 PM
This is one of those things that not many TDs nor the lower rated players that it affects thinks about. When the lowest or smallest divisions play a different layout than the upper divisions, they often do not have enough gators to establish ratings for the round. If you see different layouts announced ahead of time for the lower divisions, you may want to talk to the TD and request the same layout as the upper divisions so that you receive rated rounds.

Jroc
Jun 08 2010, 01:04 PM
It all depends on the course configuration and which divisions play which course. If I remember correctly, your pool got rd. 1 and 2 rated by virtue of the other pool playing the same course configuration that day...and the conditions that day were the same for both rounds. So in other words, your pool didn't have enough propogators to generate ratings on their own and since your pool was the only one to play the course configuration for rd. 3, ratings couldnt be generated for that pool in rd. 3.

Talk to Micky....he will have the best information to give you an answer. There are so many players in that pool that have ratings now, its impossible to tell on the current results page. Their certainly would have been ratings for all divisions if Mike had been able to use the courses the way he wanted to (27 holes on the same course for everyone in rd. 3), but he had to break everyone up into 2 pools for BOTH days once the total number of players exceeded 135.

warlocks00
Jun 08 2010, 03:05 PM
Talk to Micky....he will have the best information to give you an answer.

I tried that first, he said to ask Chuck.

So basically it seems like we(the 26 players that had PDGA #ers) got screwed out of our round rating because we got stuck playing from the short tees? Seems like there should be some way around this happening?

What happens if you have a 1 day tourney with say 30 PDGA players and are playing 2 courses in the same day...would you not get ratings then either?

cgkdisc
Jun 09 2010, 12:19 AM
We now use a manual process to generate ratings when a pool doesn't have enough propagators playing a layout. Perhaps that round was missed last year. We hope to have future player reports sent to TDs before events to indicate who the props are at the event. There's currently not an easy way for the TD to know what players are props without looking up each one to see if they have a rating based on at least eight rounds. If the TD knows a group might not get ratings, they try to help us use the manual process by providing accurate course lengths.

warlocks00
Jun 09 2010, 09:02 AM
I will let our TD know this. Thanks.