John Keith
Mar 22 2010, 09:18 PM
do you use same putter for inside circle and jump putts? putts that are say 45-50ft and farther/ do you switch putters to something else?
something more stable? less stable? lighter? heavier? Im wondering what players are doing from this range?
I am working on the 45-and farther range and My normal inside the circle putter does not seem adequate for the job? so Im curios for others decision?

John Keith
Mar 22 2010, 09:19 PM
I use a BB Aviar Driver DX, i love this thing for putting. and with no wind i can still putt from pretty far out. but if there is wind present or i have to jump putt it seems to not like to added force it takes to get there. I am experimenting with other putter?

gippy
Mar 22 2010, 09:49 PM
I put with KC Aviars and have gone to jump putting with the Vibram VP more stable and less glide. When I jump putt with the Aviar it tends to glide out right and high.

dehaas
Mar 22 2010, 09:54 PM
It depends on how you jump putt, do you throw a low liner shot or do you loft it to the basket? Usually I loft mine a bit, and I think the dart has the most glide out of any putter I've thrown. I like the eco darts the most, and have a gummy star dart I typically use on a green that's not flat. If I've got low clearance and need to rifle something at the basket I like the pro rhyno.

atreau3
Mar 22 2010, 10:12 PM
SS Wizards work great for me!

snap7times
Mar 23 2010, 02:01 AM
i use the same putter, nothing better than knowing your putter inside out... have 3 putters of same weight in my bag, all 3 will do the same thing, however 1 might be slightly more overstable than the other 2 for longer shots...

Smokey102977
Mar 23 2010, 02:29 AM
I like the Voodoo right now...before it was the Wizard. If you have trouble with jump putts try the Magic.

John Keith
Mar 23 2010, 03:07 AM
and I am playing with the magic right now. Its beefier in my hand and it seems to be able to take more snap for longer putts. it still can get squirly on me, but I am trying to incorparate it for these shots. I tell u what, It can anny putt and hold the line just about any anny angle I put it on. I rapped an Anny putt around a tree that I thought No way I could hit chains and It stuck. and it drives quite well to.

John Keith
Mar 23 2010, 03:08 AM
im playing between the magic and jk-aviar for longer putts. I know there way diff, but i know the aviars real well, but im starting to like magics for the longer putts.

mikeP
Mar 23 2010, 10:15 PM
I think that the whole point of a jump/follow through putt is to extend your normal putting motion and form to cover more ground. Because of this, I use the same putters I would normally use.

LastBoyScout
Mar 24 2010, 11:58 AM
For Normal Putts, i use KC Pro Aviars. For Jump Putts, i use JK Pro Aviars.

Same mold as the KC, but a little softer so the putts tend to stick better.

That and the occasional low jump putt will stick in the side of the basket, which is hard to do with a KC.

Smokey102977
Mar 24 2010, 10:55 PM
If you are just getting started learning to jump putt I always recommend a understable putter because it will hold a line longer. As you progress and learn the technique you start wanting a more stable putter because your jump putt distance increases and you impart more rotation on the disc.

MikeInscho
Apr 10 2010, 02:25 AM
I'll use a 175 KC Aviar within the circle. outside of that I'll switch to a 171 DX Aviar. Helps get that extra umph I need without all the work. I'm still working on generating consistent and controlled speed. I can put more into a lighter aviar then I can a 175. Everyone has there styles I guess of getting it to the basket.

pterodactyl
Apr 11 2010, 11:02 PM
I'll use a 175 KC Aviar within the circle. .

You do know that you can't jump putt inside the circle without some kind of consequences?

MikeInscho
Apr 12 2010, 02:50 PM
pterodactyl,
Yes. I know you can't jump putt inside the circle. Thanks for looking out though. I should have left out the "I'll use a 175 KC Aviar within the circle." comment.

pterodactyl
Apr 13 2010, 01:20 PM
I should have added a smiley :).

exczar
Apr 13 2010, 01:23 PM
Does anyone else use a turbo jump putt?

gippy
Apr 13 2010, 04:59 PM
Does anyone else use a turbo jump putt?

Yes a friend of mine does. Looks weird but works well for him