kvflyer
Mar 04 2010, 03:34 PM
We would just like to claifiy the camping sitsuation for the tournament. The Yucaipa Regional Park's camping requirements are $25.00 per tent per night which means they only count tents not people. If there is one person or 100 people in a tent it is still $25.00 per night. We have been hearing that some people are misinterpreting the flyer and just want to clarify this. We still have plenty of camping areas and encourage you to come join us.

Just to let everyone know the CFR discs are Eco Wraiths.

Below is the link for the tournament information and flyer.

http://socaldiscgolf.org/2010Yucaipa.htm

Patrick P
Mar 04 2010, 07:01 PM
Okay that makes a little more sense. Still that seems to be a little beyond the norm for campground sites. For example, at Wrightwood we paid one fee for the campsite, regardless the number of tents we had. Second example, at Beals Point near the St. Patrick's classic, again the campground site is one fee regardless the number of tents.

These two sites allow for only 2 parked vehicles and the 2nd vehicle pays an additional fee per night.

I understand the intent of charging for every tent (more $$$), but when it comes to most campgrounds, this is the first I've heard of charging per tent.

stringfinger
Mar 04 2010, 09:22 PM
The park actualy said that we were only allowed to put 6 person=1 tent=1unit for 25$ a night, but whos checking.

discette
Mar 05 2010, 09:10 AM
Perhaps everyone is not aware, but there will be a second 18 hole course set up around the group camp area. The organizers are paying a large fee for this entire area and are putting in extra effort to host 144 players on one weekend without crazy schedules or three rounds per day.

The money paid for tents will help offset the massive fees for the temporary course. The more paid campers at the event means more of the other funds raised for the event can go to player payout instead of park fees. If you are not interested in spending $25.00 a night to camp, perhaps you would like to purchase a CFR disc, sponsor a tee sign or make a donation to the event?

Remember, alcohol is allowed in this park (just not during your round)!!

So, please sign up ASAP, reserve a tent site, sponsor a tee sign or purchase a CFR disc so everyone can enjoy this awesome park/event. Hopefully, if the park staffs sees a good turnout, a permanent 18 course can become a reality.

Patrick P
Mar 05 2010, 04:22 PM
Time to get my sign up in and get my tent!

csrenda79
Mar 08 2010, 03:10 PM
Don't worry Pat. I have a big tent, remember?

Patrick P
Mar 21 2010, 11:16 PM
Thank you Bert, Kerry, Suzette, the volunteers and everyone involved who made this event a great success. I had a wonderful time playing both courses, and I really liked the temp layout. Congrats to Kyle on his first pro win. Daniel "Big D" way to finish strong and keep up the awesome season you are having this year! Way to go San Diego representing and raffle bagging like usual!

This will be my last event for sometime, so I wish everyone the best in the future and may the discs continue to fly! Good memories I'll cherish forever. Thank you to all the San Diego Aces for your support throughout the last few years and making disc golf more than just a dream.

bigrocc01
Mar 22 2010, 04:06 PM
Wish I could of made it. A couple of my buddies and I played Yucaipa on my way to the Memorial a few weeks ago and had a blast!
Good job on the W in ADV Litchman.
Carl, way to battle and play competitive on rehabilitiion comeback.
Looks like the pro's tore it up

csrenda79
Mar 22 2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks Rocky. Turns out I might be working in Bako and Fresno the week after your event. I'll have to see how the finances look (a.k.a. i'm broke) but I will try to see if I can make it up there early and play your event if I can. Get back to me if you can, you got my #, I should be able to confirm early this week if that's where we'll be working. It would be easier to do if I wasn't spending extra money on gas and lodging, and gas would be covered if i'm working there already.

Godfather
Mar 22 2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks to Bert, Kerri, and Chance for all their hard work throughout the weekend. This event was awesome, and truly one of the most fun tournaments I've ever played.

Lichtman420
Mar 23 2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks for a great tournament. The final nine was awesome. :)

quickdisc
Mar 24 2010, 11:33 PM
Nice Win !!!!

quickdisc
Mar 26 2010, 05:20 PM
Nice Win !!!!

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10154#Open

Lichtman420
May 05 2010, 02:06 AM
Anyone know the hold up on the Official Results for this tournament? Missed another player update. :(

discette
May 05 2010, 11:04 AM
Anyone know the hold up on the Official Results for this tournament? Missed another player update. :(

TD told me they submitted TD report just days after the event. Apparently it was not received by PDGA. They will resubmit.

rhett
May 06 2010, 02:29 AM
The unofficial online results don't show the final-9 scores, but I know they had a final-9.