Jerry_Metal
Feb 21 2010, 05:20 PM
HI there my name is Chris I am coming down to Houston March 17-21 and was wondering what courses I should play and if there was any dubs or local tournaments going on when I am down there. Well I hope you guys can help me Thanks

frisbeeguy
Mar 04 2010, 10:51 AM
Am. world dubs is on at Wimberley...about a 4 hr. drive at a must see course if you can make it. Lot's of courses around... are you going to be in the city or the burbs?
Also check HFDS.ORG

hfds688
Mar 04 2010, 10:31 PM
stick around till last weekend in march for texas states at tom bass park at beltway 8 and hwy 288. if you cant stick around till then try mazola park course along downtown river area. quail valley on a golf course. spring valley 18 finesse and a power 9 course. macgregor in the 3rd ward 21 hole think there are over 25 course in the houston metro area .

ching_lizard
Mar 09 2010, 01:12 PM
HI there my name is Chris I am coming down to Houston March 17-21 and was wondering what courses I should play and if there was any dubs or local tournaments going on when I am down there. Well I hope you guys can help me Thanks

Chris - It somewhat depends on where you're staying at, but I'd pretty much rank the courses to play in this order:

1. Spring Valley (Northside near The Woodlands)
2. Jack Brooks (far Southside toward Galveston two 18-hole courses)
3. McDade Park (far Northside in Conroe)
4. Mozola (9-hole course right downtown along the bayou)
5. MacGregor (21-hole course near the UofH campus)

Jerry_Metal
Mar 10 2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks guys for the Help I am just getting a hotel where ever I am at. So I can play any courses I am going to try to hit 10 courses when I am down there. So if you have any other places to go? Are most of the courses easy to navigate?

Thanks again

Chris

ching_lizard
Mar 11 2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks guys for the Help I am just getting a hotel where ever I am at. So I can play any courses I am going to try to hit 10 courses when I am down there. So if you have any other places to go? Are most of the courses easy to navigate?

Thanks again

Chris

hey Jerry. The best source of information for local courses which includes maps can be found on the DGCR (Disc Golf Course Review) website. ERic Jubin has been doing a bang-up job of mapping all of the courses and zapping distances. They also feature a course rating system on the listings so you can sort-of prioritize your list. If you are going to be here across a weekend, then there are a few local events around town too. There is The Commando Mini at Spring Valley on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am, there is a fund-raiser mini at Windwood Presbyterian on Saturdays, we've got the Moffitt Show coming up this weekend (3/13/2010) at Agnes Moffitt Park. You can also scope out any other action going on around town on the www.hfds.org website discussion board.

If you have the time, consider checking out the Snow Farm course about 1.5 hours west of town in the Texas Hill country, and maybe Steve Dufrane's private course, Shawshank outside of Huntsville. Also, the 18-hole course down at Quail Valley on the SW side of town is another notable course to check out.