audi12
Feb 15 2010, 01:03 PM
I know its a bit early, but is there any information on this event yet?

discette
Feb 16 2010, 09:41 AM
What is the nearest airport?

I am hoping to use my frequent flyer miles so I need to plan in advance.

audi12
Feb 16 2010, 11:24 AM
I just want to plan ahead for $$ bugeting purposes. Any idea on who the TD is?? Maybe we can get them involved in this thread.

audi12
Feb 16 2010, 11:27 AM
Today 06:41 PM
discette What is the nearest airport?

Onslow County Airport.

scottknapp
Feb 16 2010, 11:43 AM
The nearest airport is Albert J. Ellis Airport. It is located just outside of Jacksonville. The initials for the Airport are OAJ.

Ladies,

Allow me to introduce myself for those of you who don't know me. My name is Scott Knapp and I am the TD for this years Women's Nationals. The Onslow Flying Disc Association (OFDA) is the local hosting club for the event. We are so excited to have this event this year. My wife plays disc golf, and has participated in 5 USWDGC's (3 in Rock Hill, and 2 in Peoria) I have traveled with her to all but 1 in Rock Hill and Caddied for her. With my experiences going to these events with my wife, I really enjoyed the spirit of this event. This is why we pursued hosting this event when it came up for bid back in 2007. I can assure you ladies that we are going to give our absolute best effort to make this a memorable event for all those involved. We have a lot of stuff planned, and currently we are working out all the details to make everything happen. If you have any questions, please leave them here on the discussion board, or you can email me at [email protected] Currently the web site is under construction. But, there is a holding page set up if you want to see what the logo looks like. Just go to www.uswdgc2010.com.

Take Care,

Scott Knapp

p.s. For those of you ladies who went to the 2003 USWDGC's, and went to the players party at the comedy club. I was there, and was the guy who got called up on stage and did a skit with the comedians. Probably the one of the funniest experiences of my life! LOL!

audi12
Feb 16 2010, 01:18 PM
Hey thanks for joining. I am really excited about the event. I have played several women only events and they are by far my favs!! Look forward to all the information you can give and to the event its self.

Happy Golfin

audi

scottknapp
Feb 16 2010, 03:08 PM
Well basically the event will be held on September 24-26.

Entry Fees:

Pro Open - $100
Pro Masters - $90
Pro Grand Masters - $90
All Advanced Divisions - $60
All Intermediate Divisions - $50
All Recreational Divisions - $40

The schedule looks something like this. (It may change slightly due to the fact that we are so far out)

Thursday, September 23:
Check-In at Northeast Creek Park in Jacksonville.
Doubles Round @ 5pm
The Temp course that is being played on Sunday will be available for practice.

Friday, September 24:
Round 1 & 2 will be held @ Northeast Creek Park (Jacksonville,NC) on the original course
Tee Times TBD. 1 hour break between rounds.
Possibility of a tour of The Beruit Memorial after the rounds. (If you have ever wanted to honor the military, its a great place to go.)
Friday Night Mixer will take place at a sight TBD.

Saturday, September 25:
Round 3 & 4 will be held @ Steed Park (Richlands, NC)
Tee Times TBD. 1 hour break between rounds.
Friday Night Players Party will take place at a sight TBD.

Sunday, September 26:
Round 5 will be held @ Northeast Creek Park (Jacksonville, NC) on the temp course
Tee Time TBD
1 hour break
final 9 for all divisions. Layout is TBD. (we will have 36 holes to choose from)
Awards

All of the TBDs that you see in that schedule should be hammered out no later then 3 months prior to the event.

Thank you,
Scott Knapp

p.s. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

discette
Feb 16 2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the information Scott. Look forward to seeing you and Mo again!

scottknapp
Feb 16 2010, 03:43 PM
No Problem! It has probably been since that last time we went to Peoria (2003) since we have seen you. Having 2 little boys in our lives now has slowed down disc golf travels. So we decided to host this event, so all the Gals would have to come visit. :)

audi12
Feb 17 2010, 12:56 AM
WOW thanks for all the information. I am totally looking forward to the event!!

Happy golfin'

Audi

scottknapp
Feb 17 2010, 12:34 PM
Audi,
Not a problem at all. It's my pleasure. I noticed that you are from Greensboro. When we get done with the temp course. We are going to set it up some time in May for a trial weekend. We want to invite as many ladies down to try it out. I will keep you posted if you are interested.

audi12
Feb 17 2010, 02:08 PM
That would be awesome. I run a women's league in High Point and I know the girl that runs the one in Charlotte. We will try to get as many women as possible to give a fair trial run :)

Happy Golfin'

audi

billnchristy
Feb 17 2010, 09:41 PM
This will be my wifes first all womens event. We run a mixed double league outside of Atlanta at Alexander Park in Lawrenceville. We are also working on a women's clinic.

Cannot wait for this event, I have already planned my vacation so we can attend.

scottknapp
Feb 18 2010, 05:05 PM
Clash DVD series will be there to cover the event. Full coverage of the final 9 as well as highlights throughout.

If anyone knows potential sponsors, please put me in contact with them. We have a really impressive sponsorship packet for potential sponsors to review. And we offer many ways to sponsor the event that can fit into just about anyones budget.

trig40
Feb 23 2010, 08:36 PM
I heard BoZko is playing at the Players Party... Could that be possible??? (Shameless Plug) http://web.me.com/racerpig/Site/BoZko.html

trig40
Mar 08 2010, 02:02 PM
Ladies - A couple quick things for the 2010 USWDGC

2 other close airports and codes - ILM for Wilmington (an hour south of here) and EWN for New Bern 45 minutes north of here. The OAJ airport is 20 minutes or close to it away from here anyways.

www.onslowfda.com has some course info. In the following weeks I will have all three course ya'll will be playing on the site.

Pvt. Trier out

scottknapp
Mar 11 2010, 06:01 PM
Nice Work Private Trier!!!

billnchristy
Mar 16 2010, 10:06 AM
Will there be a host hotel? I was looking up prices and it is pretty expensive in that area.

Levi Hudson
Mar 16 2010, 09:29 PM
Hey Everybody

scottknapp
Mar 18 2010, 05:26 PM
Will there be a host hotel? I was looking up prices and it is pretty expensive in that area.
You are right about it being pretty expensive in this area. As of right now we are working on securing a host hotel. The local tourism department and chamber of commerce is trying to help us. It is hard to find a hotel willing to give a break due to the fact that they have no problems filling every weekend. We are working on it though. And As soon as I find out something I will let you know.

scottknapp
Mar 21 2010, 01:15 AM
Attention Female Disc Golfers,

The Onslow Flying Disc Association is going to sponsor an entry fee into the United States Women's Disc Golf Championships to the female competing in the Coastal Plains Open with the lowest total score. Good Luck Ladies.

trig40
Mar 25 2010, 02:06 PM

I found this when researching Campsite Info for a thread earlier and thought it may be helpful.

http://www.campingfriend.com/CabinCreekCampground/default.asp?file=Rates

Bop around the page a lil and check out the Cabin rate (Note the limitations on Linens, pets and such) and the Park Model rate... The campground is not located to far away at all and kinda splits the difference between NE Creek and Richlands locations.

Please let us know if you have any questions... We're here to help.

Pvt Trier out

scottknapp
Mar 25 2010, 04:16 PM
This one is near my house.
http://hawkinscreekcampground.com/default.aspx

So you can be close to the TD. I can even lead a convoy to the courses.

snijay
Mar 29 2010, 01:01 PM
This one is near my house.
http://hawkinscreekcampground.com/default.aspx

So you can be close to the TD. I can even lead a convoy to the courses.

Haha. Nice. Camping isn't all that bad ladies. Myself, Liz Carr, and Lauren Lakeberg shared a campsite at West Lake Park (one of the courses) in Iowa and it ended up being super cheap. We also had some awesome fellow campers there that shared their fires with us and walked Liz's dog while we were gone all day. Camping is always a good time and you get to meet some cool people (the Boy Scouts even made us chocolate cherry cobbler over their fire). If you are on a budget, camping is the way to go!

trig40
Mar 29 2010, 08:48 PM
Word on the Street is that Babette Martin won her entry fee to the 2010 USWDGC in Jacksonville NC. Congrats to her and Thanks Scott Knapp / OFDA for coming up with the idea. GOOD LUCK Babette!!!

Pvt. Trier Out

scottknapp
Mar 30 2010, 11:29 AM
You can register Online right here.

http://www.iRegisteredOnline.com/index.php

There will be a $5 fee.

Or you can mail your registrations.
Make your checks payable to:
Onslow Flying Disc Association
243 Zachary Ln.
Hubert, NC

Entry Fees are as follows
Pro Open - $100.00
Pro Masters - $90.00
Pro Grand Masters - $90.00
Advanced - $60.00
Advanced Masters - $60.00
Advanced Grand Masters - $60.00
Intermediate - $50.00
Recreational - $40.00
All Juniors - $30.00

If you have any questions about registration, please let me know. The only requirement to enter this event is that you are a current PDGA member.

Take Care,
Scott Knapp

keithjohnson
Mar 30 2010, 10:27 PM
The only requirement to enter this event is that you are a current PDGA member.

Take Care,
Scott Knapp

And be female right? :)

Thanks again for the waiver Scott, It was MUCH Appreciated!

Keith

scottknapp
Mar 30 2010, 10:39 PM
You are spot on!

audi12
Mar 30 2010, 11:19 PM
Go to Orbitz dot com and use RESTCOM50 and get 50$ off your stay.

billnchristy
Apr 01 2010, 06:59 PM
Thanks.

BTW is early arrival Thursday a necessity or can we check in Friday?

scottknapp
Apr 02 2010, 04:50 PM
BTW is early arrival Thursday a necessity or can we check in Friday?
You will be able to check in on Friday.

vinnie
Apr 08 2010, 01:53 PM
Any ladies from yah's area coming to TWC....we would like ot send a sponsorship package to USWDGC, just let us know

scottknapp
Apr 09 2010, 11:45 AM
Not that I am aware of right now. But I will ask around. Thank you!

scottknapp
May 07 2010, 05:13 PM
Check it out everyone. We have a Facebook Page. Check it out for info.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/2010-US-Womens-Disc-Golf-Championships/249664696628?v=wall

scottknapp
May 10 2010, 11:55 AM
We currently have some Super Color Buzz's from Discraft for sale for $25. Each sponsor who buys a disc is automatically entered into a drawing to win a basket. As well, the sponsor will be listed in the tournament program. If anyone is interested in sponsoring the tournament this way, let me know. I can send you payment information. We do accept paypal.

trig40
May 11 2010, 03:20 PM
We currently have some Super Color Buzz's from Discraft for sale for $25. Each sponsor who buys a disc is automatically entered into a drawing to win a basket. As well, the sponsor will be listed in the tournament program. If anyone is interested in sponsoring the tournament this way, let me know. I can send you payment information. We do accept paypal.

I got my 2... Thx

scottknapp
Jun 05 2010, 11:16 PM
The website is now live! there is a link on the pdga main page, or just go to www.uswdgc2010.com

scottknapp
Jun 21 2010, 05:58 PM
Congrats to Tabatha Simon, and Meagan Kennedy for winning their respective divisions at this years Charlotte Amateur Championship. These ladies have also earned their entry fees paid into this years United States Women's Disc Golf Championship. Special thanks to The Charlotte Disc Golf Club, and The Onlsow Flying Disc Association for sponsoring these entry fees for these ladies.

audi12
Jun 21 2010, 07:59 PM
I would like to know what you are going to consider exceptable attire for this event. Collars, Dri-fits, tank tops.

Thanks

audi

scottknapp
Jun 21 2010, 11:44 PM
A. All competitors and staff are required to wear a shirt.

B. All competitors and staff are required to wear shoes or other foot coverings. Players will not be allowed to play in bare feet. Sandals or slides are allowed.

C. The following dress code for all competitors will be enforced at all PDGA National Tour and Major Events. The PDGA also recommends that this dress code be enforced at Super Tour and lower tier events, but this decision lies solely with the Tournament Director:

(1) All players in PDGA sanctioned competition and tournament staff are expected to dress appropriately and to maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance at all event sites and associated functions.

(2) All players must wear a shirt covering their upper chest area. A well-tailored shirt with a fold-down, mock turtle, v-neck, crew neck, Henley, or zippered collar, and with sleeves covering the part of the arm from the shoulder to the elbow (commonly known as the upper arm), shall be considered acceptable.

Women are also allowed to wear sleeveless shirts as designated above.

(3) No tee shirts will be allowed, except for competitors in the Junior and Amateur divisions during preliminary rounds only. Juniors and Amateurs shall not wear tee shirts during semifinal or final rounds. Crew neck or V-neck shirts made of high-performance or high-tech materials, such as Dry-Fit, Cool-Max, and others will be allowed.

(4) Shirts that hang down lower than the bottom hemline on the player’s shorts shall be tucked in.

(5) No ripped shirts, shorts, pants will be allowed on the course. This includes unhemmed, torn or cut “vents” at the shirt collar.

(6) No offensive, profane, or obscene slogans or logos shall be allowed on any clothing. Junior players may not wear slogans or logos referring to alcohol or tobacco.

(7) This dress code will be in effect from start to finish at each event, including all tournament rounds.

(8) Players who do not make a cut, but wish to remain on site through the duration of the tournament, will be considered spectators and will not be required to conform to the Tour’s dress code.

This is strait from the competition manual.

audi12
Jun 24 2010, 09:35 PM
Awesome. Just making sure!!!

Thanks

and Happy Golfin'

audi

scottknapp
Jun 29 2010, 08:38 AM
Audi,
I can assure you that dress code will be enforced, as well as all the rules set forth by the PDGA. I will always enforce the rules. I once hade to disqualify one of my best friends at a tournament. Not a fun thing to do, but I did it because it was the right thing to do.
Scott

audi12
Jun 29 2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks so much. It's very reassuring. I am really looking forward to this event.

Can't wait and Thanks again!!

audi

scottknapp
Jul 06 2010, 04:12 PM
Registration has been updated.
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9684

scottknapp
Jul 21 2010, 01:29 AM
DGBasics is the official Online store for the 2010 United States Women's Disc Golf Championships. So check it out!!! You can buy fundraiser discs for the tournament their! Free Shipping!
http://www.dgbasics.com/

scottknapp
Jul 21 2010, 01:03 PM
Registration has been updated.

scottknapp
Aug 04 2010, 10:50 PM
At least $2500 will be added to the Pro Purse for the 2010 USWDGC! And at least $1000 will be added to the Am prize purse! Worlds is over, now lets get those registrations coming in! I can't wait!

scottknapp
Aug 06 2010, 08:12 AM
Registration updated
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9684

inspirations09
Aug 10 2010, 03:38 PM
Hey ladies I will be there for this great event. Plan on registering on Friday:):)

If anyone needs any help making travel arrangments send me a PM I am also A travel agent.

Flights, Rental cars, Hotel all a great rates.

I will only post my website link with permission, So Scottknapp you get me the OK and I will post it. I can also post the link on your facebook page.

See you there all

scottknapp
Aug 10 2010, 04:45 PM
You can post your link if you would like to. We are having difficulties with securing host hotels anyways. Feel free to post on the FB page too.

inspirations09
Aug 10 2010, 05:41 PM
scottknapp One of the things I can do IF there is enough interest from the ladies is I can block off a certain amount of rooms at a special rate then have everyone just contact me in order to get that rate. I will definatly post my link on here and on facebook later tonight.

gotta take the kid to cheer practice.

inspirations09
Aug 11 2010, 11:47 PM
Here is the link to my website Ladies:

www.inspirationstravel.com

You can click on hotels and search your own or just contact me I can personally negotiate deals for you. all my contact information is on the website.

SEE Y'all at the tourney

inspirations09
Aug 12 2010, 11:17 PM
After some LOOOOOOOOOOOOng negotiations ladies I am able to get rooms at the Ramada for $53.00 + tax per night
Bestwestern starting at $42.00 + tax

scottknapp
Aug 13 2010, 12:32 AM
That is Excellent! And those are great rates for Jacksonville.
I went hotel shopping today as well.
The Host Hotel for the USWDGC is The InnKeeper.
2139 North Marine Boulevard
Jacksonville, NC 28546-6970
(910) 938-0800
If you book your room by September 9th the rate is $69.00. That rate is guaranteed until September 9th. But if you must book after the 9th, you still may be able to get the rate depnding on availability. Breakfast is included with the rate.
Call the # listed above and us the reservation code word "Disc Golf". The rooms are blocked under my name, Scott Knapp, and booked with the manager Michelle Parker.
I am currently negotiating with a local used car dealer to lend me a van on the weekend, so we can shuttle players to and from the courses from this hotel, and the players party friday night. I plan to keep scores posted in the lobby, and I am going to have a player check-in in the lobby set up thursday evening before the event.
If you have any questions, or comments, leave them her, or PM me.

inspirations09
Aug 13 2010, 02:02 AM
I gave up all my commisions for those rates. but for Disc Golf it is worth it.

If you cannot get a van to borrow let me know I can neg. a rental rate for a van.

And any ladies flying in I can work on air fares too.

scottknapp
Aug 13 2010, 08:17 AM
Sounds good. Because I was going to rent a van, just in case that deal fell through. I will let you know.

scottknapp
Aug 17 2010, 04:25 PM
We have rented the Jacksonville Conference Center for the Friday night dinner/players party from 6pm to midnight. Dinner will begin being served at 6pm. We are gonna have a good ol' North Carolina Style BBQ pig pickin with Keg beer, soda and tea will be available. There will be a band playing through out the evening. And house music in between sets. Dancing, and having a good time is encouraged. Any questions?

inspirations09
Aug 17 2010, 07:36 PM
Scott did you get my PM???????????

scottknapp
Aug 18 2010, 04:59 PM
Scott did you get my PM???????????
Got it.

scottknapp
Aug 29 2010, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know Rachael Hudson (MA), or Sherry Barlet(VA)? I need to get up with them for shirt sizes, and they registered without leaving me any contact info.

Cheeto
Aug 30 2010, 12:09 AM
After some LOOOOOOOOOOOOng negotiations ladies I am able to get rooms at the Ramada for $53.00 + tax per night
Bestwestern starting at $42.00 + tax

Can you give us more info about these options? Addresses, websites (to check amenities), how to get that rate, etc. How are they (clean, decent, etc.)?

According to Best Western's website there is not one in Jacksonville...

Thanks for the help!

inspirations09
Aug 30 2010, 05:02 PM
Can you give us more info about these options? Addresses, websites (to check amenities), how to get that rate, etc. How are they (clean, decent, etc.)?

According to Best Western's website there is not one in Jacksonville...

Thanks for the help!

I will get all the info and post it

Probably easiest to give me a call to ensure they do not mess up on the rates. You can call me at 740-571-6157 My name is Tammy

I get these rates through suppliers for travel agents. but they should also be available to you from the hotel itself. I am not charging any commision to book these rooms for anyone. hotel rates already have a small comission added into their prices and that is all I am going to make for doing this. so basically I will be making about $5.00 for every room I book.

Disc Golfers should have affordable clean places to stay, and thats why I am doing this for everyone.

inspirations09
Aug 30 2010, 05:37 PM
OMG Cheeto, Thank you SO much for your post. I went in to get all the info for you and My supplier had a computer screw up. there is NO best Western in Jacksonville NC. I did furhter research thanks to your post.

Even though I put in NC, it gave me best western for FL.

anyone who needs a hotel give me a call and I will find hotels for you at the absolute cheapest price available.

I can look at hundreds of hotels at once saving everyone time. I can do while on the phone with you and give youe you all info and total price and book it if you like.

inspirations09
Aug 30 2010, 06:26 PM
Ok heres the Ramada
RAMADA JACKSONVILLE CAMP LEJEU
603 N MARINE BLVD
I did check in for the 23rd check out for the 26th
this price includes taxes
Total Reservation Price: $273.46 Your credit card will be charged now in order to get this rate.
Hotel Description
Inn/chalet year built - 1975 year remodeled - 2000 additional property description - outdoor swimming pool - horseshoe pit - outdoor b/b grill - limited shuttle service - high speed internet - pay per view movies - continental breakfast - conveniently located to all restaurants, grocery store, and the mall - nearby all military bases - 20 minutes to all beaches. No pets allowed.
Transportation -Limited shuttle service.
Rooms -During your stay we are sure that you will find that one of our rooms will satisfy your corporate requirements or leisure needs. We have various room types available for you to choose from. Room amenities for all rooms - room amenities - am/fm alarm clock / coffee/tea maker / connecting room / cribs / free local telephone calls / free newspaper / hairdryer / iron/ironing board / microwave / refrigerator / remote control tv / rollaway beds/cots room amenities for handicap rooms - wheelchair accessible.
Recreation -Off-site recreation - fishing shopping.
Location -Primary property location - city district - business area - by highway oaj airport 15 mi se.

inspirations09
Aug 30 2010, 06:34 PM
Oceanview Inn
122 Fairview Drive
Emerald Isle, NC, 28594
Total Reservation Price: $316.72
Price includes all taxes and service fees. Your credit card will be charged immediately for the full amount of the reservation.

32 rooms 2 floors
This Emerald Isle motel is situated near the beach. Features.The property offers high-speed Internet access. Guest parking is complimentary. The front desk is open during limited hours. Guestrooms. Oceanview Inn has 32 guestrooms. 32-inch flat-panel televisions are equipped with cable channels. Guestrooms provide complimentary wireless Internet access, phones, and free local calls. Guestrooms feature microwaves, refrigerators, and coffee/tea makers. Bathrooms offer shower/tub combinations and complimentary toiletries. Additional amenities include climate control, air conditioning, and irons/ironing boards. Guestrooms are accessible via exterior corridors. In addition, amenities available on request include hair dryers and wake-up calls. Housekeeping is offered.
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.

inspirations09
Aug 30 2010, 06:56 PM
theres more choices than what I posted here

Cheeto
Aug 31 2010, 10:28 AM
Inspirations, thanks so much for gathering all this info and trying to help us all get the best deals! The Ramada's price took a big jump. It is now more than the host hotel, so I think we are just going to stay there as it seems the cheapest and cleanest option.

Also, for anyone else looking into hotels - I highly recommend reading the reviews google compiles. In the past I have found them pretty helpful. Here is a small taste of what people have to say about that Ramada. It sounds absolutely disgusting!

"I paid for two nights but was unable to stay the second night due to the unclean circumstances of the room. There were toenail clippings on the floor near the bed..."

"... we got into our room, our tub was nasty, i had to wear my flip flops to take a shower. contacted front desk they moved us to a different room the next morning, we arrived at that room, the tub was also nasty, to where i had to wear my flip flops, the room did not seem to be vacuumed. we had found a dead roach on the floor, they cleaned it up... i found hair in my sheets. ..."

"My family and I stayed 4 nights. Once we got settled we noticed that the tv was not working properly and when my husband went... tv was not fixed until the very last full day we were there. Very poor service. The tub was disgusting - it needed a good scrubbing and of course it backed up so after taking a shower you could take a bath. There were times when the air conditioner didn't feel like it was working. For a Ramada ... "

"I felt very uncomfortable at this hotel from the moment I drove up. There were several men loitering around the building that appeared very intimidating, all entrances to the rooms were outside, and the hotel staff was rude. ..."

"The bathtub was nasty and dirty, there was no hot water, I went to plug in my laptop and the power strip was nasty and dirty. There was no regular coffee. ...‎"

billnchristy
Aug 31 2010, 04:35 PM
Just like home. :eek: :p

scottknapp
Aug 31 2010, 05:30 PM
The Oceanview Inn is a little far from the courses. 30 minutes from one course and 50-60 from the other. But it is right on the beach. If you want to stay on the beach in Emerald Isle. The Islander Suites is really nice and affordable considering you are RIGHT ON THE BEACH!!!!

http://islandernc.com/

inspirations09
Sep 02 2010, 12:54 PM
Scott is there a marine graduation that weekend? all of the "really Good" hotels that I usually get deals on ar not budging or say they are booked up that weekend.

I can't even get a deal with Day inn and i can usually always get a break with them

scottknapp
Sep 03 2010, 02:24 AM
The military presence alone makes it easy for hotels to fill, no mater the occasion. You should have heard some of the rates that were offered to me for being the host hotel. Its crazy how the hotels fill up around here.

ThePatrick
Sep 03 2010, 12:03 PM
Scott can I mail in a registration?

Nevermind i found it.

Or you can mail your registrations.
Make your checks payable to:
Onslow Flying Disc Association
243 Zachary Ln.
Hubert, NC

inspirations09
Sep 03 2010, 05:27 PM
Even I can admit defeat, I gave up on hotels And the conditions of that ramada has been reported to our suppliers and removed from our supplier list.
I got a cabin at cabin creek. total for 4 nights is 150.85 including tax they have one more left.
you should have my registration by next friday as soon as my dg buddy and I decide what division we are playing. it will either be Rec or advanced masters.

billnchristy
Sep 03 2010, 08:49 PM
Woohoo! More cabin creekers...should be able to have a good party there too.

inspirations09
Sep 04 2010, 01:30 AM
Yeah the lady was really nice on the phone too, said she wish she knew this was going on they could have done something to support it. they have other rentals there too but I think they are 65 a night, stilll better than most of the hotels there.

scottknapp
Sep 04 2010, 04:32 PM
Do you remember her name? Maybe I could go by there and see if she wants to sponsor a hole or something. It's not too late.

inspirations09
Sep 04 2010, 10:25 PM
No I don't remember her name sorry. I called the 800 Number and left a message then they called me back and when she called back I was on the line with someone else and the phone kept beeping til they hung up. she is supposed to be sending me an e-mail confirmation but I have not got it yet.
If I get it and her names in it ill let you know.
I say call there and just ask them to sponser this lady seemed really interested in hearing mire about DG and the tournament

billnchristy
Sep 05 2010, 12:23 AM
Yeah she seemed really interested when I talked to her too. I would definitely call.

We are in one of the "park models" so we will be living like rockstars...hahaha.

trig40
Sep 07 2010, 08:11 AM
Yeah she seemed really interested when I talked to her too. I would definitely call.

We are in one of the "park models" so we will be living like rockstars...hahaha.

I'll have a quesadilla's on the house!!!

billnchristy
Sep 07 2010, 08:55 PM
Ok, but I don't know if I will be able to get it on the roof in one shot. :)

ThePatrick
Sep 07 2010, 10:49 PM
So host hotel room reserved, and now I need to reserve a spot in the tournament. Is it just a flat $60 for advanced? Ace pot, other extra's at all?

scottknapp
Sep 08 2010, 03:18 PM
Yes! Good question. No one has asked. The Ace pool will be $2. No other extras to inform you about at this time.

scottknapp
Sep 08 2010, 03:21 PM
The Host Hotel for the USWDGC is The InnKeeper.
2139 North Marine Boulevard
Jacksonville, NC 28546-6970
(910) 938-0800
If you book your room by September 9th the rate is $69.00. That rate is guaranteed until September 9th. But if you must book after the 9th, you still may be able to get the rate depnding on availability. Breakfast is included with the rate.
Call the # listed above and us the reservation code word "Disc Golf". The rooms are blocked under my name, Scott Knapp, and booked with the manager Michelle Parker.

I just got off the phone with Michelle. The rate offered above has now been extended through September 12th. Hotels are expensive in Jacksonville, and they book up fast! So, If you are gonna stay in a hotel, this is the way to go.

ThePatrick
Sep 12 2010, 10:35 PM
So i didn't get the check in the mail friday so i just registered Tiff online. Will there be a way for her to pay the ace pot when she gets there... it wasn't an option online, and I wasn't sure how www.iregisteredonline.com would handle extra money like that.

trig40
Sep 14 2010, 03:53 PM
Word on the street is OFDA is getting the Baskets for the TEMP Course Tomorrow!!! That means this things is Getting close. Kinda exciting eh!!!

How is everything going for you Ladies as far as Reservations, Directions or Misc. Going? Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Also, OFDA Monthly for this Sunday (19th) will be on the 2010 USWDGC TEMP Course so come check it out and test your SkillZ eh.

Pvt Trig out

jmonny
Sep 16 2010, 11:40 AM
Also, OFDA Monthly for this Sunday (19th) will be on the 2010 USWDGC TEMP Course so come check it out and test your SkillZ eh.

Pvt Trig out

Is first round tee-time 11am as usual Trig? The Port City is planning an invasion.

bgwvdave
Sep 16 2010, 12:17 PM
Monty,
I just got a message from Big Bird stating that the tee time will be 11:00 a.m. with 2 rounds on the temp course. i will be going for sure.

trig40
Sep 16 2010, 12:17 PM
Is first round tee-time 11am as usual Trig? The Port City is planning an invasion.

Saaaaweeeeeet... an invasion of the Port City Persuasion!!!

11:00 is the first round Tee Time.

Scotty, Levi and I road tripped yesterday to get the 18 Baskets from Innova. If anyone has time ask those two for a recap of events. While Drinking the Deer Blood on Airport Road I swore a "What goes to Innova... Stays at Innova" Oath!! I am pretty sure Jim Morrison and I traveled with the Indian till Dawn.

Pvt Trig 40 (Call me Running Deer) out

trig40
Sep 16 2010, 01:27 PM
Canadian!!! I see the field just went international. Lucky for the OFDA Tourney Staff I Speak Canadian.

Pvt Trig out

Ooh I am already ahead of you guys on the Current conversion rate. It is 1.02 - 1.00... I am gonna make a Killing converting all my American Dollars into Canadian Dollars.

We going to Sizzler... we going to sizzler.

scottknapp
Sep 17 2010, 02:06 AM
Henry, When did you say that movie was coming out that was based on the true events of yesterdays road trip. Dang, that is gonna be a funny movie full of spray paint murals of astronauts, $4.99 dinner buffets, and the Bambi destroyer!

trig40
Sep 17 2010, 10:00 AM
Maybe we could make it so it would be a Prequel to the Greatest Movie ever made about our sport!!!

We can get Sean Penn to Play Levi & cast in his Old "Spicoli" role. Jonah Hill as the OFDA President and the Brains behind the "Disc Golf Road Trip" gone bad!!! I am thinking Curtis Armstong (aka Booger) for the Short Dumpy White Guy in the Back Seat...

Maybe we get Phoebe Cates to play the Innova Secretary... I bet she is still eating those Large Cheetohs. For the Guys working in the back it is easy... We get the SNL cast members from the 80's... (Those Innova guys & gals are great BTW!!!)

For all the cops we seen... in Rock Hill, Monroe, Lumberton and Richlands.... Reno 911 all the way. We get the "Deer" from Tommy Boy to make a Cameo ar our Deer getting smashed and we reeact the Blood drinking scene from "Red Dawn". (Did I mention I saw an Indian in my sleep the other night yet?)

Maybe we should try a Back to the Future kinda thing... Since we never were going less than 88 MPH!!!

Pvt Trig (all I know is this... OFDA 1 Deer 0) out

bgwvdave
Sep 17 2010, 01:22 PM
Scott,
I will bring the two flymats the NHDGC has on sunday for the monthly. See you guys this weekend.

billnchristy
Sep 18 2010, 08:42 PM
Impressions of the temp. course? Us folk 400+ miles away wanna know!!

scottknapp
Sep 20 2010, 12:01 AM
I didn't get to play it today. But I was out there. And nobody likes hole #15. But I think most people think that it is a good course. The tightest course of the three.

trig40
Sep 20 2010, 10:18 AM
All Distances are approx and the opinions are my own and not to be used without approval of the WWE. I am a RHBH Disc Slinger

1. 210 slight anhyzer, Slight up hill with an OB Parking Lot to the right with a Mando that will be up for the Tourny to protect the P.L.

2. 225ish late Hyzer. From the tee you gotta go through 2 trees about 6 feet apart. Thorny Pickers and Man Eating Swamp creatures on right.

3. I would call this the Signature Hole for the Temp Course. Mayme 450. the first 300 are down an approx 25 foot wide Gap with creatures on both sides. Then the Hol plays down a small hill and towards the water. A couple of trees Guard the Basket. Also some High Vinage maks your first shot placement important if you wanna throw Thumber / Tomahawk type shots for your Second.

Boss is on the Prowl... More to Follow or someone else can pick up on Hole #4.

PatrickColoton
Sep 20 2010, 04:43 PM
4. Straight tunnel shot between 225 and 260 with briar bushes and thorn Bushes
on both sides of fairway ending in a low ceiling..nice control roc shot.or
control disc will score well on this hole

5. Straight shot ..faiway 60 feet across playing 400-450 ft with spruce trees
on both sides of fairway making a nice hole with the pin placement down the hill
at the end of the hole turning slighty left.

6. Very tight fairway with about a 15 to 20 foot ceiling turning right at about
130 ft with the holr playing about 210 maybe 220 fairway is roughly
about 40 feet across and open up after u come out of tunnel..good
turnover hole..sweet if you are a lefty

7 Straight shoot playing about 230 feet...either you can go straight at it
or try a slight hyzer around a groop or trees surronding the front
of the basket..good hole to use a putter on tight fairway

8. Straight down a fairway about 10 to 12 feet across playing about 415
to 430 ..brush and forest on right, with thorn bushes.plays as a par 4

PatrickColoton
Sep 20 2010, 04:53 PM
i am helping Scott with this tournament..and my oppinion of this course is that if you stay in the fairways that we have made and cleanned up,you will score and play well,,however if you come off the fairwys u can assure that u will take a stroke or two. i play up and down the east coast and play all types of Disc golf courses and would say that this course has some simularties to any type of course you have ever played. We played on it yesterday and all said one thing to me..that this course requires you to have control of your shot,as well as different type of shoots such as a backhand,flick,thumber,etc. I belive the ladies will have fun on this course also cause it showcases two things, the beauty of are course, and the beauty of our sport. Hope all have fun

scottknapp
Sep 21 2010, 07:28 PM
Burl just called me and said that she has a friend (Catrina Allen) who is flying into Raleigh. She needs to get here from there. Any ladies from the Raleigh area got room in their car for Catrina?

becky33754
Sep 22 2010, 08:42 PM
Had a chance to play both courses today for the first time. Played Richlands in the morning, the course is looking sweet with nicely mowed fairways. Some of the baskets are elevated on a mound, but it plays nicely with the course. Lots of birdie potential and one can shoot 5-7 down for a really good round.

Played NE Creek and we got there at 5:15. There was a cross country meet that started as we pulled up, so we didn't have a chance to play 2-6 of the front 9. Front 9 plays tight shots and you need to hit your line. I like the long 1001 ft hole as you can bomb it down the hill. The last few play along the road so ob is only a few feet from the tee along the fairway.

Looking forward to this weekend!!!

PatrickColoton
Sep 22 2010, 09:39 PM
Hello to all..was just letting all the ladies know that the alternate course should be
set up no later than 12:00pm on thursday..i belive scottknapp and henry trier will be out
there at 10:00 am..Do not forget doubles on the alternate course at 5:00 sharp on thursday..

scottknapp
Sep 23 2010, 02:31 AM
Whew! Players packs are done! Probably somewhere in the $100 to $125 value range! I hope all of you ladies enjoy them. My plan is to be at Northeast Creek Park by 9am. But I won't start checking in players until the temp course is set up! Doubles will be free to play. And I plan on having a few prizes for the winners. Its just going to be a chance for the Women and the locals to get a chance to play together hopefully. No matter what, it should be a blast. See ya'll in the morning!

rottown
Sep 23 2010, 09:01 AM
I wanted to take just a minute in introduce the Ladies of Virginia who will be playing this weekend at the USWDGC. They are all winners and are looking to add to their PDGA resume. Thanks to Scott and his crew for hosting this event and all the hard work. On behalf of the NNDGC and CR Electrical we wish all our Ladies from Virginia a safe journey and Good Luck is this weekend's event. I know you will represent well and hopefully have a great time.

Representing Advanced Division is our own Wendy Boettcher, and You Betch-er she's gonna play well.
In Advanced Masters we have Dee Proffitt who is looking to add a USWDGC win to her World's title.
In Advanced Grand Masters we have Carol Silverthorn, who it seems has more wins in PDGA events than Tiger woods in the PGA.
Sherri Morris will be playing for the Intermediate title and the other ladies in her division better be on their game. Go Sherri !!
Finally Jenn DeVries will be representing in Recreational Divison and she is playing well and often of late. Jenn will have her caddy, Walt Winnington, winner of the Elk Creek Classic along to support and advise.

If you see these lovely ladies, wish them well. This is a very cool thing and I'm confident all our Ladies will be deep in the cash.

If you are playing against them, these are the ladies you want to stay ahead of. Be scared, be very scared.

jmonny
Sep 23 2010, 11:23 AM
Good Luck to all the ladies this weekend, especially our local girl Kara. I'm looking forward to watching some great competition in NC!

Scott, will the temp course be set up thru the whole weekend?

ThePatrick
Sep 23 2010, 11:39 AM
Hello to all..was just letting all the ladies know that the alternate course should be
set up no later than 12:00pm on thursday..i belive scottknapp and henry trier will be out
there at 10:00 am..Do not forget doubles on the alternate course at 5:00 sharp on thursday..

So they are playing the temp course for doubles? Tiff and Kristina Gold are in bound and want to play the other courses that aren't on doubles.

Oh yeah go TX women!

scottknapp
Sep 23 2010, 01:28 PM
Scott, will the temp course be set up thru the whole weekend?

Just Today and Sunday

cgkdisc
Sep 25 2010, 08:35 PM
Elaine King - queen of top 10 rounds on courses under 48 SSA. With her unofficial 1012 round today, she'll have 4 of the top 5 best rounds ever thrown by women on courses with SSA less than 48.

billnchristy
Sep 27 2010, 08:54 AM
I want to thank Scott and all the Onslow guys and gals that put this together. It was a near flawless event and an event of enormous magnitude and they put together something that they should be proud of for the rest of their lives. Smooth as silk and the most tremendous bang for the buck I have ever seen.

I know that you know you did well but I wanted to make sure you know that we feel the same way...I can't say it enough...thanks!!

scottknapp
Sep 29 2010, 05:31 PM
Thank you. I am very glad that you two had a good time. Maybe our club can do this again sometime. As far as getting a big bang for your buck. Our Sponsors made a lot of that possible. And I can't say enough about my staff and all the volunteers! Wow! When I got into that wreck Friday morning on the way to the tournament, I was saved by my guys! It just goes to show you that if this sport is going to grow we are all going to have to grow it together!