MICHAELMART
Feb 12 2010, 10:11 AM
What say ye??? We all head out to the hills of Stoney Hill and play it under a couple inches of snow??? Lets pull the troops together and probably have numerous injuries, broken bones and best of all, have a HELLUVA great time!!!!

davidsauls
Feb 12 2010, 11:38 AM
O, ye young and gullible! Such faith in the meteorologists!

Stoney Hill DGC
Feb 12 2010, 01:29 PM
disc golf?? no, I'm pulling out the skis and hitting the slopes. I'll use the four wheeler as a chair lift. If I build a ramp at the bottom of 1 , I should be able to clear the creek..

davidsauls
Feb 12 2010, 02:14 PM
#12 will be much more exciting, especially if you don't miss the trees on the green

MICHAELMART
Feb 12 2010, 02:37 PM
TOO FUNNY!!! Hey can it still be an island green where if you don't clear the road you're out of bounds??? Hole 12 would be thrilling but you get more for your money on hole 1...God forbid you hit one of the ditches 3/4 down the hill @ 65.86 MPH!!! DOUGH! I just bought 2 tubes for pools/lakes and hope I get to use them. They were $10 @ walmart...How long before they pop??? With me most likely instantly!

davidsauls
Feb 12 2010, 03:57 PM
Stoney Hill Disc Golf Course, Ski Resort, & Blackberry Farm

MICHAELMART
Feb 13 2010, 08:23 AM
Okay, since Columbia's 1-2" projection ended up being 8.6" I'm sure Stoney Hill is a BEAUTIFUL place to be today...I'm on my way as soon as the roads de-ice to get some tubing and snowboarding on my fiberglass skin board...pretty tough!

tyson99duke
Feb 14 2010, 08:59 AM
pictures?

MICHAELMART
Feb 14 2010, 11:45 AM
I don't know how to post pictures on here. I wasn't out @ stoney hill. I'm sure Chris and David have tons of photos. I know Paul has pictures from Earlewood yesterday when they played a round...Was really pretty.

davidsauls
Feb 15 2010, 08:46 AM
Stoney Hill got "only" about 3 1/2 inches.....but was, as everywhere else, beautiful. The driveways were impossible, however.

Chris pulled out his skis and hit the slopes, and discovered that the hills aren't as steep as a ski slope. It worked, not terribly fast. We didn't get a chance to try any other sliding; Chris's kids being small, were happy running around in the snow and building snowmen. We did play 6 holes of disc golf (disc golf in snow is greatly overrated).

I do have lots of photos, though it will take me a while to post them.

Stoney Hill DGC
Feb 15 2010, 10:07 AM
On Saturday Feb. 13th at 9:15 am, my 5 year dream finally came to life....I put on my skis in the back yard and headed to the slopes. I skied down #9. Walked up #1 (500' uphill climb in the snow) and then skied back down it. Then Walked back up to the house (all of this in ski boots) and nearly passed out. My legs are still sore.

With that being said, my first run was definetely the best and is one of my last.

Disc golf was less fun.

davidsauls
Feb 18 2010, 12:07 PM
A couple of discing-in-the-snow pictures have been posted at the website:

www.saulsinsurance.com/stoneyhill/snow.htm

A lot more, including the skiing pictures, will eventually get posted. Probably about July, when we'll really need them.