stringfinger
Feb 10 2010, 12:53 PM
Whats the best method for approaching the city to use a closed down city golf course fore disc golf. They are still watering it but the story is that the city couldnt afford to keep it open due to lack of attendence.

discette
Feb 10 2010, 01:32 PM
There are several active So Cal members in Pinion Hills and Phelan. Send me an email and I can get you the information you need to get started.

discetteATchartermi.net

BogeyKing
Jan 03 2011, 05:22 PM
Would also like to know more on this topic.

Sadjo
Jan 28 2011, 09:34 AM
The first step would be to talk with the City Manager or Administrator. Ask what their long term goals/plans are for the property. If they're still watering the course, they might be playing on leasing it or selling it to another entity.

There's a nine-hole golf course in Clayton, GA. Used to be run by the city now it is run by Rabun County. The courses has been losing money for years. I talked with the city years ago about funding a Disc Golf course to help increase revenue. Now I'm talking with the county.

Anyway...once you find out what the plans for the property are, you'll better be able to decide the best way to go.

jmaddron
Jun 06 2011, 05:28 PM
Great topic. how would you approach the city to repair the disc golf course and add concrete tee pads and add more holes? any suggestions.