JerryChesterson
Feb 01 2010, 01:18 PM
Baskets for Boerne ...

We'll be doing the 18 hole layout at Boerne this year. I'll need 9 good portable baskets for this event. Here's what I have so far ...

(3) Jayson Houston
(1) Scott Hougland
(1) Dave Wimer

If you are going to play this event and have a quality basket we can use, let me know :)

CGPRush
Feb 02 2010, 02:26 AM
Quality meaning not cloth?

JerryChesterson
Feb 02 2010, 09:56 AM
Quality meaning not cloth?
Correct, my preference us to use this basket ...

http://www.innovadiscs.com/images/sportcatchersm.jpg

Nothing agaist the basket you have Corey as it likely catches as good as these but if I used one of those baskets and some pro missed a putt on the next hole they'd blame it on the basket somehow and complain to me.

mdsammy
Feb 02 2010, 10:08 AM
Hopefully, whoever wins the basket at the LOLO fundraiser will be willing to let the club use it for th Boerne tourney.

JerryChesterson
Feb 02 2010, 11:16 AM
Hopefully, whoever wins the basket at the LOLO fundraiser will be willing to let the club use it for th Boerne tourney.

Good call Micah

RiX Perez
Feb 02 2010, 11:25 AM
I got a DiscCatcher Sport I will bring.... it's only got the 18 chains though...

I was thinking about painting it a different color though... Neon Orange comes to mind.... or that SWEET Candy Apple Green that DGA put on the Worlds Baskets they gave away..... mmmmmm ssoooo cool!

JerryChesterson
Feb 02 2010, 12:12 PM
I got a DiscCatcher Sport I will bring.... it's only got the 18 chains though...

I was thinking about painting it a different color though... Neon Orange comes to mind.... or that SWEET Candy Apple Green that DGA put on the Worlds Baskets they gave away..... mmmmmm ssoooo cool!

I have an extra set of chains you can have (pending me not winning that same basket this weekend). With the extra set it catches as good or better than any other basket.

CGPRush
Feb 02 2010, 11:55 PM
Nothing against the basket you have Corey as it likely catches as good as these but if I used one of those baskets and some pro missed a putt on the next hole they'd blame it on the basket somehow and complain to me.

Not a problem! I figured as much, just thought I'd ask so everyone was clear what was needed.

RiX Perez
Feb 03 2010, 09:57 AM
I have an extra set of chains you can have (pending me not winning that same basket this weekend). With the extra set it catches as good or better than any other basket.

Ohhh... more chains would be sweet! But no worries if you get another basket.... Jeff and I were just saying how you seem to walk away with so much swag at the Tournys... you got game sir!!!

BTW... whenever you get a flyer for the "Throwdown" together, shoot me a copy and I'll post it out at the "Sall"..

JerryChesterson
Feb 03 2010, 10:16 AM
Ohhh... more chains would be sweet! But no worries if you get another basket.... Jeff and I were just saying how you seem to walk away with so much swag at the Tournys... you got game sir!!!

BTW... whenever you get a flyer for the "Throwdown" together, shoot me a copy and I'll post it out at the "Sall"..

I was shut out at the Live Oak Ice Bowl so I'll looking to exact some swag winning revenge at the next few tourneys!

RiX Perez
Feb 04 2010, 09:39 AM
I was shut out at the Live Oak Ice Bowl so I'll looking to exact some swag winning revenge at the next few tourneys!

The last I saw you had the CTP on one of the baskets... who ended up beating you?

JerryChesterson
Feb 04 2010, 10:51 AM
The last I saw you had the CTP on one of the baskets... who ended up beating you?

The very last throw on the very last card .... by 2 inches.

JerryChesterson
Feb 05 2010, 12:34 PM
Millennium has signed on as a series sponsor!!!
http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/sponsors.htm

Play Smart, Keep it Simple. THROW MILLENNIUM!

JerryChesterson
Feb 07 2010, 10:59 AM

Bad news Rick ....

I Won the Basket :D.

Now who has a paint booth so I can paint this thing CAMO! :eek:

RiX Perez
Feb 09 2010, 11:24 AM
HA!! That's cool! I figured you'd walk away with it.... should have put some money on you! Congrats!

CAMO!?! That'd be sick....

JerryChesterson
Feb 09 2010, 12:02 PM
CAMO!?! That'd be sick....

I built my own paint booth last night and test painted the base. It looks cool. The base, & base pole will be brown. The basket, middle pole, and top will be hunter green. Haven't decided if I'll paint the chains yet. Then I'm doing a Safety Hunter Orange 2" band in the center of the center pole.

RiX Perez
Feb 09 2010, 07:42 PM
That's sick! Post a pic when your done....

I gotta get to the store and pick up some paint... what kind did you use? I was gonna go with oils but I think they might run off after awhile...

JerryChesterson
Feb 10 2010, 09:58 AM
That's sick! Post a pic when your done....

I gotta get to the store and pick up some paint... what kind did you use? I was gonna go with oils but I think they might run off after awhile...

I used Rustoleum Professional.

JerryChesterson
Feb 10 2010, 10:48 AM
Please proof read the flyer. If it looks good please post at your local course. If corrections are needed please let me know.

http://www.sanantoniodiscclub.com/throwdown.pdf

mdsammy
Feb 11 2010, 12:35 AM
The only thing that I noticed was that the logo said, "THE" Hill Country Throwdown instead of "Texas" HC Throwdown.

JerryChesterson
Feb 11 2010, 09:53 AM
I guess the artist took some artistic liberties :D.

RiX Perez
Feb 11 2010, 06:06 PM
JC... What are your thoughts on the food for this event?

JerryChesterson
Feb 11 2010, 08:15 PM
No plans as of yet.

RiX Perez
Feb 12 2010, 09:43 AM
Aight... I'll talk to my brother about getting him to donate some burgers and buns from his EZ's in the Quarry ( http://www.ezsrestaurants.com/ )... We would need to cook them out there... I'll see him this weekend and let you know.

(Gotta love the website plug)!!!

JerryChesterson
Feb 12 2010, 10:14 AM
Aight... I'll talk to my brother about getting him to donate some burgers and buns from his EZ's in the Quarry ( http://www.ezsrestaurants.com/ )... We would need to cook them out there... I'll see him this weekend and let you know.

(Gotta love the website plug)!!!

mmmmmmmmmm Ploblano Burger!

JerryChesterson
Feb 12 2010, 12:51 PM
WIN A DOUBLE CHAIN METAL BASKET AT THIS TOURNAMENT

The basket is currently in the paint booth getting a custom paint job.

The top of the chain assembly, the basket, & the base will be painted RED.
The chains, base pole & the middle pole will be painted BLACK.

Grog
Feb 13 2010, 08:22 AM
WIN A DOUBLE CHAIN METAL BASKET AT THIS TOURNAMENT

The basket is currently in the paint booth getting a custom paint job.

The top of the chain assembly, the basket, & the base will be painted RED.
The chains, base pole & the middle pole will be painted BLACK.

:eek: Wha' happened to the camo job?

RiX Perez
Feb 13 2010, 10:16 AM
Sick!

JerryChesterson
Feb 13 2010, 09:08 PM
:eek: Wha' happened to the camo job?

That one I'm keeping. Although it looks more National Parkish than camo ... oh well .. it will servev its purppose and blend into the surroundings nicely.

JerryChesterson
Feb 22 2010, 10:09 AM
April 3rd ... Boerne Texas .... be there!

http://www.titledisc.com/node/2770

RiX Perez
Feb 23 2010, 09:34 AM
I'm SUPER Hyped for this event! I keep thinking it's right around the corner... but we still got over a month! I'm heading to Pearsall today to hang some more flyers....

JC... do you know how the park is set up as far a power? If they have a free 20amp I and bring a mic and sound system for annoucements and what not.

JerryChesterson
Feb 23 2010, 10:04 AM
I'm SUPER Hyped for this event! I keep thinking it's right around the corner... but we still got over a month! I'm heading to Pearsall today to hang some more flyers....

JC... do you know how the park is set up as far a power? If they have a free 20amp I and bring a mic and sound system for annoucements and what not.
Boerne has a noise abatement law so we can't use amped sound :(

RiX Perez
Feb 24 2010, 08:21 PM
Haters...

MacGyver214
Mar 01 2010, 11:52 AM
Hey guys

For higher participation, I strongly suggest any & all tournaments to be scheduled at dgcoursereview.com in addition to PDGA.com & the SADC site.
The more players the better, right?

Just FYI, I went ahead & put the THCT on there, so you should be able to see it here (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1171&day=2010-3-1).

JerryChesterson
Mar 01 2010, 12:47 PM
Hey guys

For higher participation, I strongly suggest any & all tournaments to be scheduled at dgcoursereview.com in addition to PDGA.com & the SADC site.
The more players the better, right?

Just FYI, I went ahead & put the THCT on there, so you should be able to see it here (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1171&day=2010-3-1).

Thanks! I am not on that site very much so please feel free to add any of the other tourneys there too. And you are right ... the more the better!

mdsammy
Mar 04 2010, 02:27 AM
Thanks Grant! Great Flyer!

Do you mind re-posting that to the Tournaments thread on the DGCR board? I know that thread also generates a lot of views. :cool:

mdsammy
Mar 04 2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks Grant! Great Flyer!

Do you mind re-posting that to the Tournaments thread on the DGCR board? I know that thread also generates a lot of views. :cool:

Done.

JerryChesterson
Mar 09 2010, 09:58 AM
Greetings All,

I am still looking for people willing to help stagg at this tourney. You can play and staff, it just requires that you either show up early, help out during lunch, or stay late to help with clean up. Contact me if interested.

mdsammy
Mar 09 2010, 03:06 PM
Greetings All,

I am still looking for people willing to help stagg at this tourney. You can play and staff, it just requires that you either show up early, help out during lunch, or stay late to help with clean up. Contact me if interested.

Count me in.

opereida
Mar 09 2010, 05:30 PM
Greetings All,

I'll help out too.

Did we have plans for lunch out there at the course? Reason I'm asking is because Rack em and Stack em said they could come out and BBQ for the tourney. Let me know if you want them there and I'll call Eric to coordinate that.

RiX Perez
Mar 09 2010, 08:22 PM
I'm down to help....

JHouston
Mar 09 2010, 10:54 PM
me four

JerryChesterson
Mar 10 2010, 09:56 AM
I'll help out too.

Did we have plans for lunch out there at the course? Reason I'm asking is because Rack em and Stack em said they could come out and BBQ for the tourney. Let me know if you want them there and I'll call Eric to coordinate that.

I am meeting with a potential food supplier tonight, EZ's Grill @ the Quarry. They are planning to supply the raw materials, burgers, buns, condiments, etc. I just need to find someone to cook and sell the food. I'll call Ernie tonight to see if he's interested as the official BBQ master for SADC. If he can't then I'll be looking for someone to cook. Assuming everything goes good with EZ's then I'll spring for the $150 bucks to rent the pavillion and grill at the course.

CGPRush
Mar 12 2010, 12:50 AM
I'll help, too, but you don't want me cooking.:eek:

RiX Perez
Mar 16 2010, 09:05 AM
HEY!!! The Title disc link and/ or page is not working. I was gonna sign up today too...

JC....What happened with Nick and EZ's?

JerryChesterson
Mar 16 2010, 09:35 AM
HEY!!! The Title disc link and/ or page is not working. I was gonna sign up today too...

JC....What happened with Nick and EZ's?

Not sure what's up with TitleDisc. I've emailed them to find out.

EZ's is now the Tournament Sponsor for the Texas Hill Country Throwdown so not it is the ....

Texas Hill Country Throwdown presented by EZ's @ the Quarry part of the 2010 Alamo Disc Series presented by DiscGolfStation.com

RiX Perez
Mar 16 2010, 10:44 AM
EZ's is now the Tournament Sponsor for the Texas Hill Country Throwdown so not it is the ....

Texas Hill Country Throwdown presented by EZ's @ the Quarry part of the 2010 Alamo Disc Series presented by DiscGolfStation.com

Very cool... I'm glad that could work out.
Now... If I can get my buddy from Frito Lay to donate some bags of chips.....

I'll keep checkin on the sign up...

JerryChesterson
Mar 16 2010, 11:50 AM
TitleDisc appears to be back up and running

JerryChesterson
Mar 16 2010, 11:56 AM
I am planning on running doubles out at Boerne on Friday prior to the event. Trying to determine if we can get the additional 9 holes setup for that day. I need 3 people with trucks who can committ to being disc basket wranglers on Friday and Saturday. This will involve ...

picking up 3 baskets prior to doubles on Friday, delivering the baskets to the course and the hole on Friday by 3:30 PM.
Taking the baskets home with you on Friday after doubles (doubles should be over by 8:00 PM).
Delivering the baskets to the course and hole location on Saturday by 8:00 AM.

I can handle 3 baskets myself. If you are interested in being a disc basket wrangler, let me know.

RiX Perez
Mar 16 2010, 02:20 PM
All signed up...

I might be able to roll out and help on Friday... have to check with "La Ley" though. FYI, I will be in "The Windy City" next week (22nd-26th) on some training then in Corpus on vacation (27th-31st). If you need my basket before I leave let me know... I'll be heading out to the Weds Mini.

Grog
Mar 18 2010, 12:23 PM

Holy shitzu Batman! That name is bigger than the park!:eek:

JerryChesterson
Mar 19 2010, 05:42 PM
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10073

JerryChesterson
Mar 22 2010, 05:17 PM
Boerne Parks & Rec royally screwed me out of the pavillion and use of the BBQ for this year's tourney. I need someone to pick up and committ to bringing a Large BBQ grill out to the park for the tourney. I'll make it worth your while to bring the grill. I can be contacted at 210 896 9498.

RiX Perez
Mar 24 2010, 09:03 AM
I don't have a large pit, just the 18'' Weber.... if no one steps up with a larger one I can bring mine...

JerryChesterson
Mar 24 2010, 11:59 AM
One shot is bringing his grill out. He feels most comfortable grilling on that one :)

RiX Perez
Mar 26 2010, 10:39 AM
It's cool... I'm the same way... "You don't touch another mans grill"!!!

JerryChesterson
Mar 26 2010, 11:51 AM
http://sheerbrandage.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/doublemint.jpg

Who: You & Your Partner
What: Best Shot Doubles
Where: Boerne Lake Disc Golf Course
When: Friday April 2, 2010 | Flex Start Between 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Why: Why Not?

mdsammy
Mar 26 2010, 01:07 PM
Watch out y'all!

Jayson and I will be bringing 7 different kinds of heat in Open doubles on Friday!!! :eek:

JerryChesterson
Mar 26 2010, 01:18 PM
Watch out y'all!

Jayson and I will be bringing 7 different kinds of heat in Open doubles on Friday!!! :eek:

Hmmmmmmmmm

JHouston
Mar 28 2010, 11:05 PM
New 9 should be fun and interesting cant wait to put them to the test on Friday patna!!!!

Laura12670
Mar 29 2010, 01:01 PM
Scott you playing the Tuesday night League? Wanted to sign Jimmy up for this weekend...

mdsammy
Apr 01 2010, 12:37 PM
I'll be going out to Boerne today at 5:00pm. If anyone wants to get a sneak peak at the new holes send me a PM to get my cell #.

RiX Perez
Apr 05 2010, 10:57 AM
Scott... Thanks again for a great tourny.... It was super fun and the back 9 holes were sick.

Congrats to Jayson on his win!!! That is badda**!!