evandmckee
Jan 12 2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/e/v/a/n/mckee/2009-12/sb/ice_bowl_flyer_hcr-73747247.jpg

On February 27th WAFDA is very honored to present the long running and original "Arkansas Ice Bowl" with the 2010 Horseshoe Canyon Ice Bowl at the beautiful Horseshoe Canyon Ranch in Jasper, Arkansas. Long time TD Jeff Ash will still be there as a player this year and also doing Firework shows on that Friday and Saturday night, though it's not necessary to stay overnight, cabins may be rented, for more info about what many consider to be the most beautiful disc golf course in the world please visit www.gohcr.com (http://www.gohcr.com/)

Our charity continues to be the Newton County Christian Food Room, $5 from each entry fee, all proceeds from mulligans, the famous silent auction, donations plus profits made from merchandise from am payouts or sales will go directly to charity, there is also a $5 greens fee to Horseshoe Canyon Ranch (which they have been known to donate back to the charity however no guarantees), all remaining entry money will be used for am prizes and pro cash payouts back to the players

Please consider donating any items of value to our silent auction, there has usually always been a very nice selection of collectors and normal plastic plus disc golf gear and other interesting items

It's not mandatory to have a cabin but if you want one about half of the cabins are already rented, there are also several other cabin sites around the area that an internet search should yield info on

We'd like to encourage everyone to support as many Ice Bowl events that you can, play 1 or play em' all, all for fun and a great cause, feeding the hungry.....we'll see ya on the courses!!

James Lecy
Feb 15 2010, 05:28 PM
Is anyone going to this event. I have a van full of Little Rock guys coming up for it. Sure would like to know some sort of turnout before we hit the road. I havnt played this course since its conception.

evandmckee
Feb 15 2010, 06:01 PM
Cool to see Little Rock coming :D

past turn-outs have usually been 40-60 players - the unique thing here is that none of the players are "locals" this course is in some rural and extremely beautiful land

words cannot express this course - you'll understand when you play it

I hope ya'll make a week-end of it, the fireworks show(s) will be worth it and its a very unique experience with all the golfers hanging out over the week-end

James Lecy
Feb 17 2010, 05:19 PM
Sweet, i think our count is up to 4-5 players. I will have to double check with a few others. We have the Spencer Trousdale Memorial Tournament this weekend. Sure would be goodto see you guys come down for the event. Half of the proceeds go to the Arkansas Childrens Hospital. In particular the burn unit. If you need more details you can email me @ [email protected]

evandmckee
Feb 18 2010, 06:14 PM
<ul><li>Wow, I'm really looking forward to this, it is my personal favorite event of the year :D

The Cabins have been sold out for awhile now, anyone on the fence about coming realize
that there are some Really Nice Cabins within a few short miles of the Canyon,
camping is available for the true hardcore and of course ya can just come in for the day if you can't stay overnight

Important Info: Bring what you need as far as food, ect. there are no liquor or beer stores close by it is in a dry county

The HCR staff will have the Restaurant open for Fri. Evening, Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant will be available on Saturday, on Sunday a brunch is available in the Restaurant

We will set-up for registration early Saturday in the Lodge including the Famous Silent Auction - I'm hoping to do a rolling start as people sign up, nothing extremely formal, players can form there own groups, ect.

Due to the sheer size of the course, this will be 1 round of 18

We have some very generous contributions to the auction and we want it to be as good as possible so if anyone has anything that they wish to contribute it would be very much appreciated!!

Now for the really cool part, the Saturday Night Awards and Dinner is BACK!!

The Canyon Staff have been gracious enough to allow us use of the Barn to hold it in - this isn't a typical barn, completely finished, gymnasium floor, climbing wall, and benches all around it

Phil will be making something scrumpuous for dinner that evening, this is the same guy that has provided meals at HOTB - good stuff

Dinner will be by donation, so whatever you feel that you can give is very appreciated - we will move the Silent Auction to the dinner location and end it right between eating and awards, of course anyone having to leave we will allow them to get payout earlier

FIREWORKS!! - 8 pm Saturday night, this will be the biggest that Jeff has ever done:D:D:D (their will also be fireworks on Fri. night)

So Looking forward to this!!</li></ul>

James Lecy
Feb 23 2010, 06:37 PM
Do you know a Hotel that we could stay at that is close to the course on friday night?

AlmaWillie
Feb 23 2010, 11:21 PM
Hey James, the best thing you are going to get is gonna be about 7 miles away in Jasper, as far as I know. Not much to offer, but from what I remember there are about 3 in town. You can just google Jasper Arkansas Hotels, or I think the names are: Riverview Motel, Front Porch Inn, and Arkansas House (I think).
There are LOTS of cabins up there around the Buffalo, but they are usually more expensive. You can also go to : www.arkansas.com/places-to-stay and it will allow you to search for all kinds of lodging in the area.

evandmckee
Feb 24 2010, 04:53 PM
Hey James, gimme a call - I may know of something

James Lecy
Feb 25 2010, 12:48 PM
Sweet, thanks guys, we are coming up friday and might get a round in before it gets too dark. I will check the hotels that you just said. Looks like we are expecting 7 maybe 8 coming up for the tournament. Look forward to seeing all you guys again. Willy you goin?

AlmaWillie
Feb 25 2010, 02:28 PM
Unfortunatley No. I was hoping to possibly just drive up the day of, but we are building onto our house, and have been crazy busy with it. Pretty much this whole years has been blown for me, I haven't even played my own course at the house in over 2 months!! :(
Hopefully Spring Break will find the house finished and I can get back into the game this summer!
Hope ya'll have a GREAT time!

James Lecy
Feb 25 2010, 04:44 PM
Getrdun dude so we can play some golf. See ya soon boss

James Lecy
Mar 01 2010, 05:47 PM
Whoever gets to play this course on a regular basis please listen to me. DO NOT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED!!! I have been playing for almost 10years and you will not get a better venue in AR anywhere. This was a great tournament and i had a blast, I only hope that i get another chance to make the trip up there. Little Rock Represented in having 2 cashing pro's and 2 cashing ams. Our female that made the trip won the womans AM division. Little Rock dosnt have courses of this magnitude but with the Diamond State Disc Golf Association set in place and with the guidance of Doug Trantham and I we hopefully will.

I got beat by Stretch Bailey at the course. Old man Bailey hit the ace on the ace pot at the end of the round...he shot after me and they were paying 3 places....ya i was forth closest. Then Rubberband Bailey beats me in a game of HORSE on the basketball court after the tourny. I GOT BAILEY'D!!!!!

THE CHILLI WAS AWESOME SO THANK WHOEVER MADE THAT FOR ME PLEASE. Well done TD's!!! I had a blast and so did the people that came with us.