bigrocc01
Dec 29 2009, 03:27 PM
Here's a link to info about a couple events in Bakersfield at Hart Park early in 2010.
www.kerncountydiscgolf.com

bigrocc01
Jan 31 2010, 09:31 PM
Entries are flyin in for this 1 day event.

Lunch provided by Lengthwise Brewing company.

Just ordered all the garb for the tourney. The mountain is lookin real nice after all this rain. For those of you who played the PDGA event, it won't be hot on March 27th

grizzly09
Feb 01 2010, 02:47 AM
Nice. I think I might go. Do you know if it will be PDGA-sanctioned?

bigrocc01
Feb 06 2010, 10:02 PM
No, this tourney is part of the Central Valley Series thats been playing for the past 15 yrs without sanctioning.

Though it's not sanctioned it's still a great way to play in an organized 1 day tournament. It's ran the same way as we ran 1 day PDGA event last Sept.
Players pack and lunch included.
It's also a good opportunity to play against another player base as far north as Sac, Modesto, Visalia, Stockton,Fresno and others.

csrenda79
Feb 08 2010, 07:09 PM
Rocky, I heard rumors that Shark Tooth was going to be earlier this year. True?

bigrocc01
Feb 09 2010, 12:08 PM
No, not earlier. It would be too hot. I'm not sure of the date yet . I was planning for the 1st week of Oct, but I'll be in Hawaii that week.
I'd like to be between the End of the Trail and the Coyote, but this yr. I may have the Shark Tooth 2nd week of Nov.
Anyhoo Mar is about the best time to play @ HP. Weathers cool and the Mtn's green. The campgrounds at lake ming 2 miles from the course are riverside and only $11 per night.

csrenda79
Feb 09 2010, 04:41 PM
Nice Rocky, thanks for the info. My team at work is going to be at bakersfield the week we go to arizona...and I won't be there at all because of Memorial. Hahaha oh well, I will be working in fresno the week after Vegas and am thinking of stopping by HP either on the way up that monday or with Chris Wymer later in the week. Maybe we can hook up and throw some shots...

As far as dates are concerned, I know SoCal Champs are traditionally 2nd and 3rd weekend of November. SVO has moved it's date to the last week in August this year...so that means the next weekend or two should be open after EOTC. There's an ace race in SD in the first or second week of Oct., and there is something the 3rd week of October as well followed by coyote. Middle to end of September would be my suggestion, similar to last year.

bigrocc01
Mar 08 2010, 02:47 PM
Registration list is availiable at www.disctribution.com
Find the Billy Goat thread under tournaments if it's not on front page.

It was brought to my attn. that on the KCDGC web pg that the CVS list of tourny's has the date of the BGC as the 20th. This is incorrect. The flyer is correct---March 27th.

bigrocc01
Mar 12 2010, 12:46 PM
If any of you SoCal discers were staying Fri nite, before the "Billy Goat Classic", I'd recommend staying on Buck Owens Blvd. FWY 99 & 178(rosedale Hwy) Thers an EZ-8 w/ 2beds $41 or a Best Western 2 beds $79 w/ full breakfast or a LaQuinta continential breakfast w/ 2 beds for $59

The Crystal Palace has live music Fri nite and great food. There's the Replay Lounge(Night Club) or adult entertainment all within walking distance of these hotels.

There are really no places to stay near Hart Park. From the area mentioned above you'd just take the 178 E 4mi to Fairfax head N 3mi to Alfred Harrel Hwy then head E 4mi to Hart Park.

The campgrounds 2mi from the courses at Lake Ming are $22 per site(just changed from $11 :(

rhett
Mar 12 2010, 04:02 PM
I stayed at that Best Western last year on the way up to the Visalia tournament. It was really nice. They had just refurbed it and done a good job. A Dennys-like hot breakfast was included. Definitely recommend it.

ibgollie
Mar 13 2010, 05:11 PM
Who's planning on going? I know I'm in!

csrenda79
Mar 13 2010, 07:54 PM
I probably shouldn't after three tournaments in three weeks. That being said, I will consider it if the arm is willing and if I have the cash.

ibgollie
Mar 13 2010, 10:21 PM
I probably shouldn't after three tournaments in three weeks. That being said, I will consider it if the arm is willing and if I have the cash.

Load up the car full of San Diegans and head on up. Remember in the CVS you can play Pro and accept cash since it's non-sanctioned :)

Rocky's got some sweet stuff for the ams too, baskets, bags etc. Even some of the exclusive first production run No Excuses Bags!

bigrocc01
Mar 22 2010, 04:02 PM
The courses are ready for battle Saturday. The temp is going to be a nice 75 degrees :)

Right now I have 85 registered and expect some in the mail today and tomorrow.
I will be takin day of regs, approx 30 spots. 1st come 1st serve. day of regs ends @ 8am sharp! players meetin @ 8:15
Hope to c-ya there and have a safe drive. Peece

evan_lost
Mar 22 2010, 05:24 PM
See you there!! Anyone need a free(ish) place to crash and then carpool up on Saturday morning, hit me up.

bigrocc01
Mar 23 2010, 05:18 PM
What's up SoCal?

A friend of mine, Jim Shultz is working on something great and I think we can help him.
He and his church are headed down to Mexico in a couple months to install the first 18 hole dg course at a youth camp just outside of Mexico City, Mexico.
This youth camp wants to promote three sports, soccer, basketball, and oh yeah Disc Golf!

Here's how we can help; There is obviously no disc retailer in Mexico and these kids need discs. For the players who're coming to Bako to play this Sat please bring any used,unwanted discs and put them in the box I will have for Jim at the tournament check-in.
I know; never knew helping poor kids was so easy.

Tyler from Motown and I will also be auctioning off items to help raise funds for their cause.
So bring some extra dough. One item I'll be actioning off is a 20 yr Anniverserary ROC signed by 20 or so top pro's. On the bottom signed,2009 World Champ Avery Jenkins and 3x World Champ Val Jenkins.

So have a safe drive and I'll see ya Sat. Peece

bigrocc01
Mar 29 2010, 04:42 PM
Thanks to all the SoCal players who came to Bako for a day of nice weather, fun with friends and some good disc golf. Sylmar showed big winning both the MPO and the MPM divisions.

Billy Goat Classic Results www.kerncountydiscgolf.com/Bi...010Results.htm

bigrocc01
Mar 29 2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks to all the SoCal players who came to Bako for a day of nice weather, fun with friends and some good disc golf. Sylmar showed big winning both the MPO and the MPM divisions.

Billy Goat Classic Results www.kerncountydiscgolf.com/Bi...010Results.htm

There's a link on www.disctribution.com if this one doesn't work