evandmckee
Dec 29 2009, 03:25 PM
There's an Ice Bowl scheduled for January 9th at Northshore in Fayetteville, Arkansas

TD's are Darrell Bailey and Jeff Ash so I'd trust it to be a good one!!

neither post often on the PDGA Board so any real questions you may contact Darrell from the info at icebowlhq.com (http://icebowlhq.com/index.php?view=details&id=147%3Anorthshore-ice-bowl&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=100053)

wforest
Dec 29 2009, 09:18 PM
... or contact him by his phone (showing on the TDSA mini-sched. for January) ...

evandmckee
Jan 05 2010, 12:04 PM
Plan on getting some mulligans and get in the ace pot, hole 15 will be set-up in a very aceable position, this hole is already short...lefty or righty shot...thing is there's gonna be 4 baskets set-up in a "clustered Y" configuration, you may finish the hole on any of these baskets - this will present a much larger target for the ace :)

evandmckee
Jan 05 2010, 01:37 PM
Jeff wanted me to pass on the info that their will be a players pack, choice of Ice Bowl Disc or Towel, there will also be Trophies for the division champions

Also, everybody that plays in all 3 of our Arkansas Ice Bowls (even Okies, except maybe for Duff for obvious safety reasons) will be entered in a special drawing at Horseshoe Canyon, winner will get to light the Fireworks for Saturday night and a special merchandise package :)

those events are:

Northshore Ice Bowl on Jan. 9th
Ft. Smith Ice Bowl on Feb. 6th
Horseshoe Canyon Ice Bowl on Feb. 27th

DoughDuff
Jan 05 2010, 08:33 PM
not funny, they told me I was only at risk if I went outside...:p
You fella's need to get ahold of some of yer kin folk and get us a mason jar of some antifreeze! :D it's gonna be cold...

Hindsight
Jan 05 2010, 08:46 PM
So is there is going be a Ft. Smith Ice Bowl ! I have a Championship to defend :)

And after Wagles incident with fireworks last year I am scarred for life. Somebody else can light those suckers.

evandmckee
Jan 06 2010, 01:36 PM
Don't be wimpy Hinds, these are Ice Bowls we're talking about, and yes on the post up thread it says Ft. Smith Ice Bowl - Feb. 6th, we'll also be doing Super Class as a seperate event on the 7th, full info is on wafda.org

Hindsight
Jan 06 2010, 01:55 PM
i'll probably only make the Ft. Smith one anyway, feel like I am coming down with something so may have to skip this weekend. Still look forward and coming over there as often as possible !

sschumacher
Jan 06 2010, 02:23 PM
^^^^First Whiner of the New Year^^^^

If you can't go then just send you're entry fee over with Wise.

For every dollar you donate ten Arkies will be able to brush their "tooth" for a whole week.:rolleyes:

twoputtok
Jan 06 2010, 06:08 PM
http://dhreno.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/onetooth1.jpg

pdorries
Jan 06 2010, 06:24 PM
back on topic... looks like weather is going to be fun. He who can actually throw his disc in 15 degree weather, wins!

gonna be cold...

sschumacher
Jan 06 2010, 06:38 PM
http://dhreno.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/onetooth1.jpg

That's pretty good Wise. It's been a long time since I've seen Keldog. Or is that Jeff Ash?....I always get those two confused.:confused:

evandmckee
Jan 06 2010, 07:05 PM
That's pretty good Wise. It's been a long time since I've seen Keldog. Or is that Jeff Ash?....I always get those two confused.:confused:

next time they see you we'll see who loses teeth :D

according to this

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/hea_ora_hea_los_of_nat_tee-health-oral-loss-natural-teeth

Oklahoma is #6 in tooth loss, while Arkansas comes in at #15 :rolleyes:

twoputtok
Jan 06 2010, 07:08 PM
But we get our fixed.

jeffash
Jan 07 2010, 06:01 PM
Registration will begin at 8am and will end at 9:30am.
Entry fee for all Amateur divisions will be $20.00. Pro entry fees are $25.00. All players will receive an Ice Bowl towel, or an Ice Bowl Disc. A donation of $5.00 will be made to the NWA Food Bank from each player�s entry fee.
Mulligans will be available and all of the proceeds from the sale of Mulligan�s will be donated to the NWA Food Bank. You may purchase up 36 Mulligan�s but can only use one (1) per hole. Use it, or lose it.
Mulligans will be sold in sets of 9 at the cost of $5.00 per set. The cost for all 36 Mulligan�s (4 sets) would be $20.00. The majority of our donation to the NWA Food Bank will come from the sale of Mulligan�s. Please help out by buying them.
There will also be the opportunity to enter the �Ace Pot� for the cost of only $3.00 each. The Ace Pot has already been seeded with a $100.00 donation and we�ll add the player�s contributions to that. You must pay your $3.00 to be eligible. Multiple aces mean a split pot. No aces means the whole pot goes to the NWA Food Bank.
Hole 15 will be truly unique. 4 baskets in a �Y� pattern- and you can hole out on, or ace, any one of them.
After the 9:30am Players Meeting the first round scorecards and hole assignments will be distributed.
The first round will start at 10am.
Due to the frigid temperatures lunch will not be provided. There are over 20 restaurants within a mile of Northshore and you will have 80 minutes to get there, and back, from the one you choose.
The second round will start at 2:00pm (estimated). Awards will follow immediately afterwards.

Hindsight
Jan 07 2010, 11:18 PM
^^^^First Whiner of the New Year^^^^

If you can't go then just send you're entry fee over with Wise.

For every dollar you donate ten Arkies will be able to brush their "tooth" for a whole week.:rolleyes:

Furdog, you are the eternal whiner. I'll let you start the contributions.

sschumacher
Jan 08 2010, 10:02 AM
Well maybe you should quit your job driving the popsicle truck and get a real job.

I can't imagine business is booming for you in the wintertime.

Instead of saying "you feel like you're coming down with something" you should just admit the truth that you're broke because they shut down the men's bathroom at Turkey Mountain.:rolleyes:

pdorries
Jan 08 2010, 12:07 PM
im excited. havent been to a tourney with my boys adam and josh in a while, its gonna be freezing but its gonna be FUN! weee!

cant wait to throw at this 4 basket target, sounds like fun... how do you decide what basket to putt at? just aim at the middle of all of them? :)

also.. very excited to play norshore... i love going back and playing courses that you havent played in a long time, it should be very fun this weekend

twoputtok
Jan 08 2010, 12:40 PM
Halfway through the round, I'm going to look over and make sure you're still this upbeat about it.:cool: Then, again when the second round is starting.:D

pdorries
Jan 08 2010, 01:13 PM
Halfway through the round, I'm going to look over and make sure you're still this upbeat about it.:cool: Then, again when the second round is starting.:D

just because i may be frustrated about a certain shot in a round doesnt mean I don't have fun and enjoy the round as a whole. i used to carry it around for the whole round/day. i don't think you comprehend how much I enjoy golfing in the cold, i bought a crap ton of cold gear undergarments last year and ever since, i love playing when its freezing. my throwning hand and nose are about the only parts of my body that get cold.

plus we have a mulligan per hole, can't complain about shots when you get a second chance whenever you want... this will be fun for sure.

DoughDuff
Jan 08 2010, 06:18 PM
even with a mullie per hole.......I still bet you kick your bag at a half dozen times :D

jeffash
Jan 08 2010, 07:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a proactive attempt to alleviate the possibility that any participant, or prospective participant, may feel compelled to �whine� about the distance they will have to walk to get from their warm, toasty, automobile to the pavilion at Northshore- fear not, as we are going to be setting up �Tournament Central� adjacent to tee #1 and the parking lot.

I am going to offer players that have registered the opportunity to start their first round any time after 8am if they have a card of 3 or 4 players and want to do so. This will increase speed of play, and avoid a possible long, cold, wait for the �official� start time of 10am. I will group all first round scores after they have been turned in and we will still start the 2nd round at 2pm.

There will be media coverage tomorrow so wear your collared long johns...

On the "Y" hole you may hole out on any one of the four baskets!

Hindsight
Jan 08 2010, 11:22 PM
have fun boys, wish I could join you !

twoputtok
Jan 10 2010, 01:07 PM
Go ahead and wish in one hand an shiet in the other. You could have been there.
One less player meant one less child that could've been fed. Way to go hinds.:cool:

BobHarris
Jan 10 2010, 02:01 PM
I would like to thank everyone for supporting our ice bowl.

We had 22 players plus 4 people that paid entry fee but elected not to play. Thanks so much.

Air temp. was 4 deg. with a little wind, snow on the ground and also snowing.

open men.

Paul Dorries. 43/45 (88)
Josh Crowl.. 42/48 (90)
Erik Bailey... 51/43 (94)
Adam Hunt.. 49/45 (94)
Aaron Triska.53/50 (103)
Zack Asbury.53/52 (105)
Keith Lundy..56/55 (111)
Kelly Ganzel..--/65 missed 1st rd

open women.

Stacey Whitley.. 69/68 (137)

Masters.

Heath Whitley.. 46/45 (91)
Tony Walker.... 48/51 (99)
Sean Young..... 52/DNF

Grandmasters.

Dave Wise... 54/49 (103)
Jeff Ash...... 53/55 (108)

Adv.

Buck Hadlock... 51/51 (102)

Adv. Masters.

Sam Dodd.... 51/51 (101)
Dough Duff... 54/55 (109)
Brad Hoi....... 57/60 (117)
Phil Drenckpohl. 55/DNF

Intermed.

Evan Mckee... 59/63 (122)
Kevin Bennoch.62/64 (126)
David Dodd.....72/64 (136)

Once again I would like all that helped the cause and the support from the Tulsa crew.

Thanks to Jeff, Evan,Heath,Erik and all else that helped out.

we raised $1000.01

Hindsight
Jan 10 2010, 09:27 PM
Go ahead and wish in one hand an shiet in the other. You could have been there.
One less player meant one less child that could've been fed. Way to go hinds.:cool:

And this is my response to you not at all the Flight events:

But the kids Dave.... what about the kids. Couldn't you muster up just a little energy to help feed the mouths of the poor !

Same BS crap you tried to pull on me. I have played in all but 1 or 2 of the Flight events to support the kids. I am working on getting a donation ctp, and I am definetly going to help feed the needy by bringing some cans of food . So don't tell me when I am sick that I should be in Arkansas. I even drug my butt out to Riverside sat night and played 9 still recovering from the flu (regular). Stop trying to make me out to be a bad guy. We all know thats not true. And put some money where your mouth is and bet me straight up 10$ with proceeds going to ice bowl that I don't beat your overall score.

mutt
Jan 10 2010, 11:22 PM
Duff beat HOI? Is the disc golf world at end?? Whats next TwoPutt and Furdog living in harmony???

twoputtok
Jan 11 2010, 08:52 AM
How about you put your money where your mouth is, that is if you have enough money to fill that man hole of yours! You pick the course $100, one round. All money to the ice bowl.:eek:

Some day when you grow up you might get a clue and a sense of humor.:cool:

Hindsight
Jan 11 2010, 09:19 AM
10 dollars is what my budget allow after paying for the Ice Bowl, mulligans, my ice bowl merch and my canned food.

If you don't want to do that then its your call. Im just throwing down the gauntlet.

I have a sense of humor, i just think yours is misplaced sometimes.

twoputtok
Jan 11 2010, 10:37 AM
If you're that confident of the challenge, then whats the problem? Since you think you're going to win, that will give you the ability to donate $100 to the ice bowl.

$10 budget? You play 25 minis a year, at least, with no donation to the kids. You just donate to the pros. Come on buddy step out on a limb here. $10 won't feed a family of four at Taco Bueno. But a $100 donation to the ice bowl will get you on TV!

sschumacher
Jan 11 2010, 10:44 AM
A $100 donation also gives you that free max mullie deal at the Tulsa Icebowl. Come on Hinds. Don't be a "Pony boy". It's tax deductable. You spend at least that every month on "Depends".:cool:

twoputtok
Jan 11 2010, 10:52 AM
he doesn't get it now and he didn't get it as a small child either.:D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_473nrD5vEv8/R8DB6-3hDzI/AAAAAAAAATg/MW7YP5RA5hk/s400/boy-pony.jpg

evandmckee
Jan 11 2010, 01:57 PM
I wanted to thank all you Okies for making the trip over, 22 players, 10 from Tulsa - that means ALOT to us, $1,000 to the charity with that turn out is HUGE :D

Remember that everyone that makes Fayetteville, Ft. Smith & Horseshoe Canyon Ice Bowls will be entered into a drawing for some great prizes at the Canyon (this includes the few that paid or helped at Fayetteville but didn't play)

Duff made the Newspaper, thankfully he had his face covered so as to not scare everyone off from playing DG, News coverage on TV also, I think they had to edit what someone said after missing a putt :eek: :D

Some seriously cold conditions, so cold I had a Champion Roc break in half from a tree hit :eek:

DoughDuff
Jan 11 2010, 02:25 PM
I had a blast playing this event...Darrell, Jeff and the crew did a great job, thanks guys! Got me some of that homemade Arkansas sippin' whisky and the event was all good and so was I!!

Hindsight
Jan 11 2010, 03:00 PM
A $100 donation also gives you that free max mullie deal at the Tulsa Icebowl. Come on Hinds. Don't be a "Pony boy". It's tax deductable. You spend at least that every month on "Depends".:cool:

The last thing I want to do is give Dave a tax deduction of any kind. I don't even think he'd file the 10. Plus doesnt the food bank turn every dollar into 7. So in theory it's really a 70 value.

As far as the "Depends" furdog. When you pay me to go shopping for you each month I just get what you put on the list. I thought you wanted it to be a secret but now everyone will know.

You and TWOPutt together can't hang from my jock !!! :O

jeffash
Jan 11 2010, 04:41 PM
I want to thank the players that attended the 2010 North Shore Ice Bowl, as well as those that contributed their time and money to make the event a success.
I also want to express my gratitude for the relationship we have with our friends from Oklahoma and my appreciation for those from NWA that have helped to foster and nurture that relationship. The day would have been very different if y'all hadn't made the effort.
I turned over the cash donation of $1000.01 to Lana Harris of the Northwest Arkansas Food Bank, and have faxed the receipt to Ice Bowl HQ in KCMO. With only 22 players, we averaged a donation of $45.45 per player. The average donation, per player, for the 190 reporting Ice bowls in 2009 was $28.17. We had a generous group of players and some great sponsors.
This year's sponsors were the Northwest Arkansas Disc Golf Association, The Western Arkansas Disc Golf Association (WAFDA), The Tulsa Disc Sports Association, Trophies Unlimited, Marvin's IGA on North College, Massage Envy, The Sara and Maya Whitely College Fund, The Duff's, Bob Harris, Larry "Where's the Flyer?" Quinones, and Sam Dodd.
I hope that everyone appreciates the efforts of our State Coordinator, Evan McKee, as much as I do. His support and assistance, once again, proved to be invaluable.
This event would not have happened were it not for Darrell Bailey. Because of the Horseshoe Canyon Ice Bowl we hold at the end of each February, we haven't had an Ice Bowl in Fayetteville for the past several years. Our donations of over $10,000.00 from the Horseshoe Canyon Ice Bowls have gone to a very deserving charity and have a tremendous impact- in Newton County. It was Darrell's idea to schedule an Ice Bowl that would benefit the residents of Washington and Benton Counties. The seeds that Darrell planted this year are going to produce a lot of fruit in the years to come.
That is why I am pleased to announce that Darrell Bailey has agreed to be the TD for the 2011 North Shore Ice Bowl that will be held on January 8, 2011, on the concrete teepads of Lake Fayetteville. The Northwest Arkansas Food Bank will, again, be our charity.
Many thanks to all of you who supported this event. We received some great media coverage on TV and in the papers!

twoputtok
Jan 11 2010, 04:46 PM
Hinds, your jock ain't jack, cause your jacks a jill !!

Hindsight
Jan 11 2010, 05:34 PM
Hinds, your jock ain't jack, cause your jacks a jill !!

Lets take this to the tdsa board and leave the arkies alone. That was not a good insult actually very weak. I am disapointed in you twoputt. Must be losing your craft with old age.

Much like your game !!!